Advice/Help Any advice for when you want to roleplay but have no direction?

bastion

just a little guy
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I've been hungry for roleplays recently, especially Naruto ones, but I have no ideas for plots. I don't even know what characters I want to play. I have this direction less craving with no idea how to get inspired...

I ran a quick search and found a few naruto RPs or at least people who mentioned Naruto in interest checks. Two of those threads were from you, but there are still several and I filtered for posts from the last two weeks so they should be available, and there's even a Naruto group RP in the mix. If you don't have any ideas but really want to be in a roleplay with that theme your best bet might be to try to join an RP someone else made / asked for.

I ran a quick search and found a few naruto RPs or at least people who mentioned Naruto in interest checks. Two of those threads were from you, but there are still several and I filtered for posts from the last two weeks so they should be available, and there's even a Naruto group RP in the mix. If you don't have any ideas but really want to be in a roleplay with that theme your best bet might be to try to join an RP someone else made / asked for.
I've been keeping an eye on ads mentioning Naruto and hitting up anyone I think could be a good match for me. Haven't had any luck though 😔

What do you like about Naruto?
What do you think needs changed?
What part of the show can you talk to another person about for hours at a time?
These are great questions! I'll have to think on the answers.

As far as Naruto maybe you should watch the anime or read the manga if possible then you might be able to have a good grasp of what character you want to play. Or you can come up with your own. Usually I read or listen to a particular type of music when I am looking for inspiration. I watch movies or anime too. Mostly music. Helps me create characters and in turn plots. Of course, everyone is different. What works for me may not work for you. While you want to roleplay, you might want to take a step back to come up with ideas and plots of your own or search the request threads of others. I'm sure there's something that can help you get inspired from them.

As far as Naruto maybe you should watch the anime or read the manga if possible then you might be able to have a good grasp of what character you want to play.

I mean I would assume if they want to play that fandom that they have watched/read it.

I mean I would assume if they want to play that fandom that they have watched/read it.
That doesn't mean anything actually. I've had people tell me they want to roleplay Attack on Titan and have only watched seven minutes of the first episode. You never know. Also in this case I was meaning they should watch it again.

This is me all the damn time. I get plenty of ideas in my head that make me go "Oh, that could be an interesting roleplay", but then I have zero direction.

This is me all the damn time. I get plenty of ideas in my head that make me go "Oh, that could be an interesting roleplay", but then I have zero direction.

I usually find some variation of the questions below help

1. what about the idea excited me? Ex. I really want to explore this one particular character dynamic or plot point.

2. What part do I want to play in this idea? Ex. Is there a particular perspective you want to write from or a character role you want to play

3. Ask partner what they want out of the idea. Look at what gets them excited and try to blend the two (or more).

I feel like when I get kinda of lost in the weeds it’s usually because I have not worked out points one and three.

I don’t know exactly what excites me about an idea as I’m too busy worrying about whether it makes sense or if there is a three act structure. But at the end of the day sometimes all I want is just “Let’s look at assimilation through a magical allegory.”

And naturally with number three it’s just I forget that my partner needs to also be excited about what is going on and sometimes they have awesome ideas that I would never think of on my own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back