What's new

Anti-Spam Update Take 2

WOO-HOO!!!
Man, finally, and thanks. I love this site and the good role plays one can find here, but I tend to be too busy to reach the previous post ammounts needed in order to get through the anti-spam measure. So this is probably one of the best news I've gotten this week.

ShadowGamer

Darkness Dweller
I'm not sure I like this update, mostly for the avatar part. I never changed my avatar icon because I'm not even sure how to do it (and I never saw a need to). I don't have any images on my computer I can use, and I don't even know what this "Gravatar" thing is. It feels like I got locked out of a couple features because of a technicality... :/

The Dark Wizard

Administrator
I'm not sure I like this update, mostly for the avatar part. I never changed my avatar icon because I'm not even sure how to do it (and I never saw a need to). I don't have any images on my computer I can use, and I don't even know what this "Gravatar" thing is. It feels like I got locked out of a couple features because of a technicality... :/
You can change everything here. https://www.rpnation.com/account/account-details

It accepts images from your computer as well as the web. Gravatar is a service that lets you set your avatar once across all the sites you use, we also support that.

welian

Glorious Mistress
This better not be taking away my ability to post in RPs.
Nah, take a second look at the first post.

"This is what it will be now to be able to start PMs (you can still receive and reply to them if you don't meet this Criteria) and use Signatures/Profile posts."

Doesn't impact your ability to post in threads at all, or to respond to PMs you currently are in. It only prevents you from starting new private messages (and the signature and profile post stuff).

Donder172

Three Thousand Club
Nah, take a second look at the first post.

"This is what it will be now to be able to start PMs (you can still receive and reply to them if you don't meet this Criteria) and use Signatures/Profile posts."

Doesn't impact your ability to post in threads at all, or to respond to PMs you currently are in. It only prevents you from starting new private messages (and the signature and profile post stuff).
Still, that sucks. Since I'm around for more than a year and now I have the same accessability as someone who just made an account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)