• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Another Yarn Unravels

Which direction do you lean? (also you should probably post if you're interested)

• Established Characters

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

official clown business

Okay so our name is Piss and we are the Mafioso
If you've never participated in The Quest Log section of RPNation, then this is a heads up to let you know that it is nothing like the kind of roleplay you're used to doing normally.

If you're at all familiar with choose-your-own-adventure books, this is quite similar. Basically, it's a collaborative story that is added to as the OP writes it out and then waits for the readers to make a majority vote on the choices presented to them before moving on with that choice. Most choices will be fixed, but sometimes there will be an open "write-in" option available which allows for a new response to be created.

These features are at the core of almost every Quest on RPNation. If this concept doesn't interest you, feel free to turn away now.

If you're game for this? Take a look at what I've got, but remember there's a good smattering of ongoing quests you can contribute to as well once you've finished reading.
How's it going folks? I've recently decided I needed to get some ideas out of my head, but I don't quite have what it takes to commit to any sort of regular roleplay at this time. I'm really hankering for a story of my own design, though, so let me go over the details with you.

This is going to be a story of high fantasy, featuring a small variety of races, plenty of magic, and most importantly, a half-decent story.

The best part? You've already got an opportunity to make a choice in this very interest check - whether you want to use an already established character in one of their stories, or create your very own. Allow me to explain in greater detail by laying out the details below.
Established CharactersIf you're interested in getting into the story without the process of character creation, then I've got something perfect for you. More of the choices throughout the story will be fixed only in order to stay relatively in line with the character's personality.

Each of these characters represents one of the three common races (human, drakir, kobold) in order, and each of them has a story mostly centered around them. There are plenty of plots to choose from, and plenty of details to base your choice off of.

Here's a quick summary of the three stories below, but don't look too closely at them just yet as they won't be expanded on until it is time to choose between them. Skim to your heart's content.
Coastal FavourChilas Venterin's life is perhaps one of the more interesting ones around, especially by most standards. His time as a travelling performer has earned him many stories and great proficiency in acrobatics, sleight of hand, and perhaps most surprisingly, swordplay. Though he has overcome many obstacles in life, however, none will ever be as imposing as the one which stands before him now.

Most people view the dragons of mythology as noble and intelligent creatures, with a very large size and powerful magical breath to match. In Chilas's case, however, his new companion is surly, arrogant, and well at odds with his childhood phobia of water. While the duo and a few friends head over to a coastal village for a mission, Chilas must figure out how to work alongside his companion before they decide how to do it for him.

You are a human being in this story, a race known for their last names and unusual adaptability. Thanks to your birthplace, you have increased resilience to tough environments and ailments. Too bad this doesn't work against ill-natured dragons.

Kriskaen NightsThe city of Kriskaem is the largest, most populated center of trade in the known world, as well as the only one that accepts two of the common races within its borders: human and drakir. Despite the large amount of activity emanating from the city, there are very few things of interest that escape the eye of its sovereign.

Eager to explore beyond the natural boundaries of his home, Kimaiche has found his way to Kriskaem in search of a more fulfilling purpose in life. Fortunately, there seems to be someone looking out for him, and one chance encounter with the right person is enough to secure a position in an elite extension of the city's guardsmanship, a task group that takes a special interest in the less mundane troubles that occur every so often. How will his new comrades feel about his arrival, however?

In this story, you are a drakir, a race of tall lizardlike fellows that benefit from uncanny constitution and the advantage of a fifth limb. It will be very difficult to gain respect among your comrades, who will probably resent how easily you managed to secure your new career in the city.

VengeanceIt's been nine years since Atian took on the mantle of chieftain, and the kobold settlement he guides has prospered greatly as a result, having recently changed from traditional cavernous homes to lush forested huts and tents. However, his dreams of striking further out are soon crushed when the ire of a nearby kingdom is attracted, and everything is taken from him when they decide to strike.

His home, his tribe, and his family - all gone in the blink of an eye. The only thing Atian will be able to take solace in is the fact that he will have absolutely nothing to lose when he does the same to his would-be killers.

In this story, you are a kobold, a short race with rocky fur, unusual luck, and an appetite for minerals. There will be plenty of moments with the unlikely allies you encounter later on, but the goal is otherwise very straightforward: avenge your brethren as violently as possible.
Your Own CreationIf your preference lies in carving out stories with a creation of your own, perhaps you will enjoy collaborating with other readers to create a more unique experience in this way. You will also be able to write-in options much more frequently, which may also interest some of you.

The character you will create is part of a hidden organization known as the Dreamers, individuals who have been taught special arcane talents that allow them to stride through dreams or use enhanced mental abilities to aid in their lives. They are mostly calm and peaceful and nature, and unconventional solutions to conflicts are their specialty.

If this option is chosen, the quest will begin with character creation, where details such as race, background, traits, and name will be decided on.

Here's a fairly vague look at the stories. They will be greatly expanded on once the option to decide between them is available, so feel free to skim.
A Matter of DiplomacyNothing gets one's blood pumping like a good old-fashioned adventure, and the city-state of Urbiana is home to a healthy amount of guilds with several geared towards such an aspect of life. Until recent months, "adventuring" has really only been limited to exploration, bounty hunting, and glorified errand running, but there has been one new subject garnering interest as of late: kobolds.

You have travelled to Urbiana with Corilyn in order to take advantage of a new opportunity that has arisen there. One of the city's nobles has expressed interest in dealing with some of the kobolds personally, and they wish to be accompanied by a few skilled fighters before heading out. Of course, the two of you intend to find a much more peaceful solution if you can.

In this story, you and Corilyn have to stop some people from unknowingly committing horrible acts of violence against the kobold population. It's not quite as easy as it seems.

The Great LacciesThe Lachramuskeg, as its name implies, is a bog-like marsh that seems to exude an air of gloom all around it. While most people will consider it uninhabitable, there will always be those who defy even the most dangerous of environments in order to find their own home away from civilization. Others still might even consider it the perfect place for a little vacation of sorts.

Despite the fact that you have just recently been introduced into the Dreamers, you have somehow been convinced to come to the Lachramuskeg along with most of the seasoned members in order to look into a strange myth. You've heard from a reliable source that a huge natural disaster is approaching and it will strike the muskeg hard, likely destroying it in the space of hours and making the place uninhabitable. It's probably a good idea to let the residents know about the situation, but don't forget to admire the scenery before it's all washed away.

This story features unruly locals, ghost stories, and a very diverse cast of friend and foe alike. Despite the morose nature, it is somehow a little more lighthearted than the other stories.
That concludes everything I've got for this interest check, and now I leave you with a single choice to make: pre-established characters, or a new one created by you, the readers?

If you have any questions about this, feel free to ask and I'll get to them when I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back