• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Another School RP [interest check]

Beann

The Bean
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hokkaido University is a very exclusive school in Sapporo, Japan. It is a well known place, but few actually know what the university is all about. Many apply, but few are admitted for unknown reasons. Why was the poor academic student accepted, but the honor roll student wasn't? It all comes down to the results of the interview. Each interview is designed to simulate a student's deepest and darkest fear, in hopes to trigger a magical response. If such powers are present, the applicant is admitted into the school, if not, their memories of the school are wiped away. Some newly admitted students were aware of their powers before, and some discovered them in the simulation. How will they cope with their powers, and will they be able to keep them under control when tensions run high between social and academic drama? The more important question is, why is there a university specifically designed for those who posses supernatural powers?
Something like that. Powers will fall under one of these categories:
Physical: Magic that revolves around manipulating matter and inanimate traits of the world. Examples of such could be repairing objects, levitating oneself, or manipulating light/fire/water, etc.

Psychic: Magic regarding breaching and manipulation of minds. Examples of such are mind reading, telepathy, precognition, and persuasion, etc.
Other suggestions:
Farsight-ability to see great distances in real time
futuresight-able to see into the future
shielding-create a shield around oneself or a small group
invisibility-power to become invisible
Walk through walls- Power to travel through physical objects
Dreamwalker-able to travel into the minds of other people and control their dreams while they sleep
technotelephathy-able to control and communicate directly with technology like computers and cellphones without being in contact with it
True flight- able to fly
Detect gift- simply knows if a person has the gift or not

Illusion: Concerns the creation of powerful and very vivid images. Examples of specialization are the illusions a student is capable of creating: illusion of one's own image such as changing the way they appear or making illusions like apples that don't exist, etc.

Healing: As the name implies, regards the healing of living things. The different specializations heal in different ways, some via touch and others have rituals.

Natural: Concerns the manipulation and development of living things, especially plant life forms, through magical means. Examples such as growing plants, communicating with nature/animals, manipulating air, etc.

Some peeps will have the option to create normal students too. Normal students are those who didn't get invited for the interview but were accepted into the university anyways. Perhaps a system error? But they are first unaware of the students' gifts around them when starting the school year. They are placed into a random magic class and have to make excuses as to why they refuse to demonstrate the abilities that they do not have.

I'm interested, but i have some questions regarding the magic system:

What's the difference between self-levitation and True Flight? The speed or something?

Since illusions aren't psychic, they are seen by everyone on the area, right?

Why is controlling air in the natural category but the other elements are in physical?

Not to be picky or something, i'm just curious

Also, did you got inspired from "The Magicians"? (If not, i recommend you the show or books, they're awesome)

I'm interested, but i have some questions regarding the magic system:

What's the difference between self-levitation and True Flight? The speed or something?

Since illusions aren't psychic, they are seen by everyone on the area, right?

Why is controlling air in the natural category but the other elements are in physical?

Not to be picky or something, i'm just curious

Also, did you got inspired from "The Magicians"? (If not, i recommend you the show or books, they're awesome)
I'll be honest this was a copy paste from an rp I did on another site so I can't remember my reasoning for some of these examples. I think True Flight you have more control in how you move around and levitation is a little more finicky.

Illusions are seen by people in the area, best way to explain it is those books or videos of illustrations that play tricks on your eyes to make it seem they are moving.

I think I put air into the natural category bc it's more related to living (and breathing).

Interested! Not sure if this would go under a category or if you’d even allow it but would a character be able to have the ability to affect vibrations or earthquakes or something along those lines, causing things to shake but not necessarily levitate? (obviously nothing OP plus the character wouldn’t try to take advantage of it out of fear)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back