• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Another Round, Please!(OOC)

Other
Here

MidwayLives

"What's your favorite scary movie...?"

On the advice of some of my players, I went ahead and made an OOC thread for us to discuss...whatever! At our own leisure without gunking up the interest thread! Until I get around to making the actual IC thread, feel free to post tidbits about your planned characters here! Themes, bios, pictures, whatever you'd like! I'm so excited to RP with all of you and get this story off the ground! Truth be told, there was another RP idea I tried pitching a year or so ago on here and it didn't really take off! It was basically a 'MHA: America' take with OCs and maybe some canons popping up here and there. If this and my other RP manage to take off, maybe I'll see what I can do with that idea later on down the line!

But for now, I hope all of you just enjoy being apart of 'Another Round, Please' as much as I enjoy having you! <3

~~~

I mentioned a conventional CS probably wasn't necessary but I know that I at least appreciate some kind of format to follow.

So here's one that won't ask for too much!

Name:

Appearance: faceclaim/description it's all the same to me!

Bio:

Favorite thing to do at the bar:

Go from there and most importantly, just have fun!​

Name: (Sr.) Val'sharra Nightshroud

Appearance:

6d5767364d65c76d9455a9f48cf0649c.jpg

Bio: Though Val is hesitant to speak of the details of her past, what is known is that she once served in the holy orders of a major church. The events that lead to her leaving this organization and ending up tending bar for a living are deliberately left vague, but hints of conspiracy and betrayal seep through the cracks every once in a while. Since then she has traveled through a variety of locales, in dimensions far and wide, and so is unsurprised to have ended up in yet another of these.

Favorite thing to do at the bar: Develop new drinks and talk to the clientele (and also clean her guns but that appears to be generally looked down upon by management). She also secretly sings on the karaoke machine after hours, but is almost always too shy to do it in front of others.

6uF5gWN.jpg

Name: Akari Koi
note: she actually has 3 tails, that look like the one in the picture
bio: While she's not willing to get to deep into the details of her past until she feels more comfortable around you. but what she will say is that The splicing process is quite amazing it can change your entire look. but there's always a price to pay, and not all the costs are apparent upfront. Nor how you'll be received with your new look when you go back to work.
One thing lead to another and she ended up here waiting tables and volunteering to fix anything tech related that she can. The job isn't nearly as glamorous as the engineering job she left, and paying of the debts she got as a result whipped out all her savings and is something she's still paying off. But least she's able to afford a decent life. and for the most part doesn't regret how things ended. While she looks like a real life kitsune she's really just a human that has been spliced enough to get her look right.

Favorte things to do: tinker with things, work on some sort of creative project, and when she has the nerve talk to customers and learn about their lives. She also taken to sewing and making costumes, and playing video games. She can be a bit scatter brained as well often as she's thinking of many things as once.

Rahne Sinclair / Wolfsbane Demon Wolf
(Customer)

wolfsbane.jpg

"Demons can't come in churches... but they always find you in the end..."

~Age:
26 but looks 16-17. Don't worry. She has ID​

~Bio (AU version of New Mutants Movie):
Demon bounty hunters. That's what they became and now look where it got them. After it nearly killed them at the sanitarium all those years ago, they finally defeated Demon Bear. And to keep it from ever coming back, someone had to make the sacrifice. That someone needed to keep it trapped inside their mind, heart and soul. That someone turned out to be Rahne. And now she's become what Dani had feared the most. There was a time when she would transform into but a wolf. But now...​

demon-werewolf.jpg

Flash forward and she finds herself lost in Limbo with her friends for years. Fighting for Illie's safe place, it all came down to that fight. She had no idea what happened to Berto, but he is a tough SOB and so she has no doubt he will make it. Sam, however... his blasting power was wonky at best during that fight. And as humiliating as it was, she was force teleported here by Illyana to save Rahne's life. Because Rahne was the 'key.' Last words said to her was find Dani. And goodbye. But My gosh, Rahne's first love is still alive somewhere out there...?! And now she finds herself out of touch with this reality of NYC but she knows that this is the place to start. It's been 9 years but she hopes that she can still find answers at the place where her friends last gathered as New Mutants: in this multiverse version of NYC, here at The Dead End. She just has to hope the old bartenders are there and still employed; she has no one else here she knows she can trust yet.​

~Favorite thing to do at the bar:
Well, the last time they were here was after closing time, and they were underaged, so all they could do was karaoke. Probably now she'd just like to have a drink and chat it up with anyone she knows.​

Last edited:
Warren Ares Nito
Appearance: 4fa65882e8ca45994741cd853fba844c.jpg
Bio:
Warren is the equivalent of a video game NPC. And, using that analogy, his sister Winona would be the equivalent of the main character. They’re twins born into a family of magic-wielding cultists posing as nobility within an other-realm land ravaged by the fires of civil war. With me so far? Luck would have it that Winona was born first and thus became the ‘chosen one’ in the eyes of his family, while Warren was, well, also there. Their childhood was roughly the same aside from some preferential treatment from the family. At least, up until Winona decided to run away from home and chase the footsteps of a historical figure that may or may not have been real. Seeking out Death themselves to strike a deal with them that would end the war tormenting their homeland.

Along the way, she’d get tangled up with another mage, a four-armed lady, some royalty, and a wolf-person. Getting sidetracked from her goal time and time again by meaningless side quests and an arc delving into the shady past of her newfound party relating to an escape from some offshore correctional facility. It’s all very obvious really. Meanwhile, Warren was studying the magical arts of his family and generally being a boring NPC until the actual void opened up beneath his feet and swallowed him whole. Finding himself in a different realm altogether once spat out. Likely intended to be saved by his sister at some point in her convoluted main story.

Favorite thing to do at the bar: Wait to be saved? Orient himself on this new world? Warren was never taught any reality-bending, portal-opening magic to resolve his predicament. But, at least he didn’t end up in some void prison. This world seemed fairly civilized and it couldn’t hurt to try and understand it while he was here.

Last edited:
I do believe Akari will be interested in learning any magics Warren is willing to teach her. that is if he's willing and doen't make her to nervous to ask.

I don't see why he wouldn't be willing, a "kitsune" would probably be wise enough to help him in return. Until he finds out Akari isn't actually one. Could lead to some funny scenes trying to keep up the charade or something?

ooh that does sound fun. and since she's got a strong grasp of technology she'd be able to use that to try an fake certain ability's to try to keep you convinced.

That could definitely work! He might be able to understand the concept of modern day items, but anything he doesn't understand he'll try to reason out with magic rather than advanced technology.

yea, that has happened even in real history. so a person from a timeline where actual magic is common place would have have even more reason to do that.

I'm gonna head to bed/eat some late dinner but the IC is up!

I mentioned this on my other RP but while I'll do my best to provide regular replies/updates, I can't _promise_ them. I work a lot lol. Thanks for being understanding you guys! Have fun!

Snowcloud Dreamer Snowcloud Dreamer PixelSymphony PixelSymphony Paperface Paperface BuggaBoo BuggaBoo

Hey guys now that I've had time to sit down and focus on this RP for a hot minute: the place IS open. That's why Leo took his place by the door/is waiting for folks to come in. So don't feel like you gotta wait for me or anything. Just keep going at your own pace!

I'm waiting for someone to walk inside. from what I saw we had one customer walk up to the doors but is hanging out outside for some reason.

Yeah Rahne was gunna follow the next customer in to start something but looks like there are no others. Tried to bump interest check but no go. So yeah, not feeling this RP anymore so sorry guys but I'm out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back