• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Another post, another timeline

SmallSailboat

The one they warned you about
Back at it again with another quick post, this time with a pacing idea! Fun (✿^‿^)

So I've been doing 1x1 RPs lately with romance featured, but I'm thinking of getting a little more ambitious. I've been going by day to day events, but eventually without a clear direction it can get a little stuck. I thought it might be fun to do a new RP with one or multiple characters and have a month pass between posts.

For example, say we start with our characters meeting, establishing themselves. Might take a couple posts, but then we skip ahead a month or two to an event or an idea we'd like to try. Enjoy the event, then another time skip. In recent RPs I've been doing, I've been trying to shake things up, but because it's day to day, things get resolved quickly and there ends up being a lot going on in just one week of IC time, so I want to do a little experiment with pacing, if you're comfortable with that (◕ᴗ◕✿)

The characters I write/make are heavily magical/fantasy, so I'm sorry if you were looking for a modern/realistic one here. I can do Urban Fantasy or even steampunk (which could be super fun but I don't have much experience with the genre), but the way magic works in the world I have planned is kind of important for the characters and setting I'd like to make. I'll give you the specifics if you're interested, because there are parts I can negotiate and others I'd like to keep. I'd like to work with partners individually to see how to best include what we both want.

That said, that doesn't mean I'm not open to groups, but every group I've tried to join has fallen apart (radio silence). My 1x1s have been very ongoing (most of the partners I have now I've been working with for over a year, at least), and it seems to be easier to agree on rules and plots and such like this, so that's why I'm recruiting this way. I don't do fandoms, I don't feel comfortable writing in someone else's voice (I've expressed this in other posts, but I don't expect you to have read them. They're the ancient texts of old), whether it's in the world someone created or their character, so it's all original here kiddos (at least I try to be).

I am 22, and prefer not to RP too far out of my age range. Nothing to do with ability, I've just come across the problem with other attempts at RP where we reach an impasse and can't continue because the range in experience is too wide for us to agree creatively. Probably something on my end, idk. I'd like to avoid it anyway, just to save everyone some time. I'll write characters of any gender and sexuality, and can even handle problematic characters if done appropriately. We can talk abt that privately too, if you want.

Call me a snowflake or whatever, but I'm somewhat of a sensitive person. Meaning, I don't do too well with intense subjects. I won't ask you exclude them, as one of my characters has many pain points, I love the rich complexity they add. I simply ask that we take a break in between scenes of angst/grief/etc. if we're going to do them, though. It can mess with my mental health if it goes on too long. I'll let you know before it gets that far, don't worry.

I try to put out at least 2-3 paragraphs, but I have been known to go much longer depending on circumstance. I'm detailed, but internally oriented, meaning I don't spend a lot of time describing setting but rather more in depth on character descriptions and habits. I prefer to leave a lot of setting details up to the imagination, focusing much more on the character's interaction with it. I can give setting descriptions if you'd like, but I've been known to focus more on dialogue and nonverbal expression, especially with my mute OC.

I roleplay here, Discord, and on Google Docs. I don't do email, it's never worked for me, but if you have an idea I'm open to new formats. Discords the best way to reach me, but I know posts can be a little difficult to read there for some people since you can't do much by way of formatting. Plus, I know some of you like BBC codes, like the strange little creatures you are, so there's that too. PM me or comment, I'll get to you soon (ʘᴗʘ✿)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back