• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Another Day, Another Search- Always open - Multiple plots/pairings - Updated 12/13

TGG

Brain broke. Come back later.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hello fellow humans! I'm looking for a new RP partner or two. Brace yourselves for a bit of a read. Apologies in advance.

Alrighty first things first! This is what I tend to look for in a partner, if you feel you don't meet these criteria, then unfortunately I think we may be at a bit of an impasse, as I'm quite picky about who I write with. I need a partner who can flow with me and keep things interesting, because otherwise I can't get into the story and I'll lose interest pretty quickly.

Maturity - 18+ minimum, simply because I'm not comfortable writing with minors.

Literacy - I would prefer 4-6+ paragraph posts from you, but I understand not every post will reach that mark, especially in dialogue or heavy action scenes. Another exception to this is if you can be more active. I love a fast paced RP, even if posts are only 3-4 paragraphs each, so long as they're enough to respond to. Also I need fluency in English grammar. I understand a typo here and there, but using the the wrong their/there/they're, to/two/too, or your/you're on a regular basis is something that sort of ruins RPs for me, simply because it ruins the immersion for me. Third person, past tense only please.

Activity - A post or two a day or more is preferred, but I understand busy schedules as I have an incredibly busy one, so a couple posts a week is fine too. It's definitely better if we can get a bit into it before it dwindles to that if possible, but I'm very flexible. Life comes first, always, so please don't ever feel the need to apologize for life getting in the way. I am ditch friendly, I may bump you a couple times if you disappear for a bit, but I won't pester so no worries if you feel the need to drop the RP.

Flexibility - Be open to playing either gender and various pairings, please- specifically, don't be the type that only writes the female in MxF plots. If that's what we agree on, great, but please be open to more than just that. Going along with flexibility, I need openness for plot twists and things not going according to plan. I would prefer you to be okay with cursing, violence, and the like. There will be no sexual scenes, however, and there will not be exceptions to that.

Contribution - This is quite possibly the biggest one for me. I NEED you to contribute. I can't be the only one coming up with plot elements and twists. I need you to help with that. When I write with someone who doesn't contribute, or just always goes along with exactly what I suggest without adding anything, I will very quickly lose interest in the RP.

Character building - Build them up, break them on the way if you have to in order to get there, but build them. Don't give me cookie cutter characters and expect my characters to be able to connect with them enough to make the roleplay fun. Give them personality! Give them likes, dislikes, fears, strengths, weaknesses. Do it! Don't hold back! Just not all at once lol Reveal them as we go along, I want to learn about them while my characters do. Romance is optional, though I prefer it, as long as it's not rushed. It needs to build. I'm a sucker for "hated each other at first but were forced to work/stick together and ended up liking each other" romances.

Character sheets - For characters bios, I prefer short and to the point for my own characters. Name, age, physical description, and a picture (realistic FCs only, preferable photos, but detailed artwork is okay too. Please no anime FCs. include anything else you feel is necessary, I really don't mind how long you make yours, just be sure to at least include what I just listed, especially the physical description, even if it's pretty vague. If you just give me height, build, hair and eye color, and any prominent features, plus a face claim, I'll be more than happy. ^_^

Okay so there's that. I know it's a lot to ask, and I'd be a hypocrite if I asked that and gave nothing in return, so here's what you can expect from me if we decide to write together.

~I am a 22 year old female. I've been roleplaying for around 10ish years, off and on, since the age of twelve-ish.
~ I generally I average out at between 400-800 words per post, give or take depending on my partner's posts. My longer posts can be upwards of 1,000-1,200 words, if I have enough to work with or if I'm feeling particularly inspired.
~ I'm literate, and am very finicky about my own typos, so I try to keep them to an absolute minimum, but nobody's perfect, so I'm not going to call you on typos unless they're so severe that I can't understand what you're trying to convey.
~ I'm very flexible. I can do either gender and am most comfortable with MxM and MxF pairings, though I'd also be willing to try FxF, but haven't really done them too much before. I haven't done anything with NB/enby characters, but I may be persuaded to give them a go, I just may not be great at them as I don't have any experience writing them. You will notice, based on the plots I have below, that I tend to prefer the smaller, weaker characters in a pairing. This does not mean they will have weak personalities and constantly be the damsel in distress. My characters often tend to be strong willed and stubborn, with the occasional exception based on the RP and which OC I use. This trend is because I am absolutely terrible at writing traditionally dominant characters, and frankly I don't enjoy them at all. I love a good power couple with equal strength, strong personalities, and many battles of the wills, but pairings like these have to fit the plot, of course.
~ Activity is going to be interesting for me. I work full time (30-40 hrs/wk), with a fluctuating schedule. I usually have 2 days off a week, and if I'm not out running errands or UberEats, that will be my sit down and write for hours time, if my partners are available. Otherwise, I will generally get posts out either before or after work, depending on what time I go in and get off.
~ I'm fine with any mature themes other than explicit romance. Any sexual scenes will be skipped over, and that's one of the only things I'm not flexible on, which is one reason I love this site lol. Other than that, violence, gore, cussing, etc. doesn't phase me. I have an extreme potty mouth, too, so my characters tend to cuss quite a bit, just fair warning. If cussing makes you uncomfortable, I'm really not the partner for you.
~ I contribute quite a lot, to the point where it sometimes feels like I'm taking too much control over the RP, which is why I need contribution for you, because I don't like it when that happens. Often times I will try to let my partner lead in some scenes, allowing them freedom of the environment and such so that they have a chance to contribute all their thoughts and such, that way I'm not completely taking over. If you aren't sure where to take a scene while I'm letting you lead, let me know and we can 100% brainstorm and take it somewhere fantastic!
~Roleplay through PM or Discord- Preferably PM as discord has a character limit that makes posting much harder for me.

Okay so now that all that is out of the way, here comes the fun part! Plots and interests! I have a good few plots already written out, with plenty of room for development, and I'll list them below, along with the types of genres I like, if none of those strike your fancy.

Most people have heard of werewolves. Most don't believe they exist. And yet, they do, in fact, exist. However, along with the wolves exist other were-canines. Jackals, coyotes, and foxes, and all the subspecies that come with them. These species have a pecking order, with wolves obviously being right at the top, and the progressions generally going by size, with coyotes and foxes being towards the bottom. Each species is proud of their ancestry, though unlike the other species, it is almost considered a crime for a wolf to mate outside their pack, let alone outside your species. Mating outside the species is highly frowned upon with other weres, and hybrids are rarely allowed to remain with their born pack. However, uncommon as it may be, hybrids are still born, and rarer still, wolf hybrids still make it to term. With the rarity of these mixed breeds comes hunters, poachers who not only hunt supernatural creatures, but hunt those which are considered most rare, and in the case of the weres, that is the hybrids.

~*~

Muse A is a werewolf, a member of a large pack, and one of the strongest wolves in the pack. If he so wished, he could stand to challenge the alpha for his rank. Muse A was raised with wolf pride, pack pride. He has little respect for other species, and even less for lone wolves that either deserted or were banished from their packs. The lowest of the low, to him, are hybrids, the scum of the earth, and though he has never met one, he has a seething hatred for them.

Muse B is, you guessed it, a hybrid. A coywolf, to be exact. half wolf, half coyote, and 100% were. Due to his species and rare coat color, he is quite a prize for hybrid hunters. One such hunter has been on his tail for weeks, having nearly caught him several times and left him with severe injuries. B finds himself in the predicament of either crossing into werewolf territory or backtracking to go around and risking an encounter with the hunter. He takes his chances with the wolves, hoping to pass through without even coming across one. Unfortunately, who should he come across but Muse A, who, having never seen a hybrid before, mistakes him for a large werecoyote who foolishly trespassed on wolf land. As per pack rules, B is brought to the alpha, who, after identifying him as a hybrid, takes pity on the young were, not having the same hatred for hybrids that Muse A does. He decides that rather than killing the hybrid, or even letting him go, A will help B recover until he is well enough to have a fighting chance against the hunter on his tail.

I would like to play Muse B in this plot, which can be made into pretty much any pairing. I'd prefer this in either a modern or dystopian setting. I would love to incorporate some ABO/Omegaverse elements into this as well.
Muse A is the sidekick of a well known hero. Muse B is the hero's arch nemesis. Muse B kidnaps Muse A one night and takes them to their hideout, spending months brainwashing them to forget who they once were and training them to become Muse B's own sidekick and the ultimate living weapon. The hero, Muse C, has been busy attempting to locate Muse A, but has noticed that Muse B has gone unnaturally quiet since Muse A's disappearance, that is, until Muse B unleashes their secret weapon, Muse A.

I would like to be Muse A in this, and I would much prefer you play both B and C. The RP will center mostly around the relationships between A and B and A and C, not so much B and C, so playing either of the two would be somewhat difficult for me. This does not have to have any romance in it, I would prefer A and C's relationship be platonic or sibling-like. However, A and B can have a romantic relationship. Pairing for that can be anything, though I am leaning more towards M/F with A being female and B being Male, with a Stockholm Syndrome type vibe to it. Tbh I would love to have some sort of creepiness to this plot based around such a relationship, so let me know if you'd be interested in that. I would also be game for more of a parental vibe coming from B, if romance isn't preferred. This is meant to be a modern/future sci-fi setting.
When someone thinks of an angel, they usually think of some holy, heavenly being, sent from above to be God's heralds. But in reality, they are ancient, supernatural creatures, charged with the duty of guiding and protecting gifted humans- that is, humans with some power or another, be it telepathy, super strength, or any other ability imaginable, usually simply referred each to as a "Gifted". Their job being to teach the Gifted to properly use their powers, for good, of course, and to defend them from all manner of supernatural creatures that make it their mission to take out as many Gifted as they can or die trying. Over the centuries, the existence of angels has faded to the stuff of legends, and they remain hidden and secret. There are few left now, just as there are few gifted humans left, most of both species having been hunted until near extinction in the era witch trials, when anything displaying supernatural abilities was labeled a witch. What few angels are left have evolved over the centuries to create a secret, supernatural Organization whose goal is continue their ancient task: protecting the Gifted as their numbers begin to grow again with the population of the planet. The members of this Organization are sworn to utter secrecy, ordered to use whatever means necessary to hide their existence from their ward, a rule that, if broken, is punishable by torture, interrogation, and, eventually, death.

Muse A is an Angel, and despite being quite young, small, and weak for his species, he is driven to prove himself as a guardian. After years of begging his higher ups to be assigned a ward, they finally did. He was assigned to Muse B, a powerful Gifted, and little does A know, B has already almost mastered his power. The Organization assigned A to B, knowing that he would not be able to handle a Gifted who needed any proper guidance. And they weren't wrong. As A proceeds to make an attempt that being a good guardian, he proves himself to inadequate to complete the task. It isn't long before, in an episode of pure and utter clumsiness, he reveals his presence to B, completely by accident, when attempting to save B from some situation he could have gotten himself out of on his own. He ends up making the situation worse, causing B to believe that he was trying to do so. With the help of his ability, B is able to subdue A, contain him, and interrogate him, learning everything about the Angel Organization.

The Organization learns of A's mistakes, and sends angels to retrieve him for punishment. When they arrive, B saves A from them, and be it from pity, gratitude towards A's attempts to help him, or some other reason, he promises to protect him from his higher ups until he is able to do so on his own.

I would like to play A in this plot. This is designed to be a M/M plot, however we can discuss that if you'd like to do something else with it. This is meant to be a modern fantasy setting.
Muse A is a rather inexperienced witch who is struggling to master some particularly difficult spells that are required for her to become a full-fledged member of her coven. Muse B is a disgraced but very powerful warlock that was banished from his coven, that which he was next in line to lead, for practicing dark magic and attempting to syphon magic from other members of his coven. Muse B finds Muse A trying to figure out her spells and offers to "help" teach her the spells. She has no idea who he is and, desperately in need of assistance, accepts his offer. At first he intends on syphon her magic when she becomes more powerful, and to use the stolen power to take back his coven, but things lead in directions he didn't plan on and he decides against it.

As time goes on, Muse A begins to learn more about B and his history, finally discovering his true identity. And yet, as horrified as she may have been by the crimes he'd committed against their kind, something still drew her to him. Perhaps the motives behind his actions, perhaps something else, but that was something she would have to figure out for herself.

I would like to play Muse B in this plot, I have a character who was specifically designed for it, in fact. This is meant to be a M/F plot, with A being female and B being male, but I may be persuaded otherwise. The general idea I have behind this plot is that these protagonists aren't your traditional good guys, but I'm sure you could guess that much about Muse B already.
It's hundreds of years after the nuclear apocalypse, and the world has been all but reset. Society has been destroyed and rebuilt from the remnants, but the world's population is nothing like it once was due to the mutations caused by radiation. Each person has the ability to shapeshift into an animal, larger than a natural of the species, usually determined by their bloodline, though there are a few outliers that deviate from their genetics via random mutations. A person's shifted form, or Subcinctus, defines their social status. Apex predators rule at the top of the food chain, followed by other secondary predators, avians, and even large or group living herbivores. Anything smaller than a coyote or a bobcat would be considered within the lower class, and smaller creatures who are naturally solitary tend to be at the very bottom of the food chain, even if they're predatory. Form a large enough group, and one can grow their status, hence why some less predatory shifters, such as horses and bison, are still able to remain higher in social status, especially since they tend to be more herbivorous even in their human forms and thus tend to focus more on their plant production than any sort of meat to hunt.

The world itself has qualities of both the dark ages as well as what you know as modern equipment. Electricity for lights, heating systems, and the like is only available to nobles and military, while the rest of the population must make do with more primitive means of power and light. Using things found within the ruins of the previous civilizations, guns and other more advanced weapons have been made accessible to the military and law enforcement, though most are loaded with tranquilizers over actual bullets. The buildings have both modern and medieval details, from dungeons instead of jails, to bulletproof glass pane windows, it truly is a mixed world.

Within this world, there are not just these shifters, other creatures have adapted and made their existence work. Most are harmless to those within the city's walls, due to their shapeshifting abilities that allow them to protect themselves. However, there are creatures that even the strongest fear. These creatures are called Night Beasts, named fot their nocturnal nature. Night Beasts are hideous, mutated monsters that appear in an array of forms, some more canine in shape, some feline, some reptilian, but most in unrecognizable forms whose origins cannot be traced. Unknown to the shifters, these creatures are what happens when mutation takes the ability to shapeshift too far. The Night Beasts, in a reality entirely concealed from them, are in fact shifters who have lost their minds within these forms and are unable to return to their human shape, thus rendering them nothing more than mindless creatures who attack anything that moves or breathes.

Muse A is an impoverished citizen who was orphaned at a young age, little more than a mere street urchin who has to dig through the trash to find his next meal. Unbeknownst to him or anyone else, he is not a regular shifter. His mother was, however his father was a Night Beast shifter, one whose mind had not yet deteriorated into insanity until after Muse A was conceived, at which point he disappeared and has not been seen since. When A loses control of his emotions, there is a chance of him turning into a Night Beast, and when he returns to his human form, he has no recollection of any of it happening. There are many things for him to discover about himself, including a mysterious connection and authority he possesses over the other Night Beasts.

Muse B is a high ranking military official, in charge of research and extermination of Night Beasts for the protection of the capitol city. After an incident in the town square of the lower class area, Muse A is captured in his Night Beast form and taken deep within the capitol to be studied, tested, and eventually killed should they find no further use for him. Muse B oversees the entire project, and interacts with Muse A enough to come to the conclusion that he has no idea what is going on, having not been informed of his unorthodox transformations. With this in mind, Muse B struggles to find a way to protect A from the tortures of the tests and experiments, whilst still trying to learn the true nature of the Night Beasts, struggling to find balance between his military position and a blooming relationship, be it platonic or romantic.

I would like to play Muse A in this plot. Like many of my others, this is made to be a M/M plot, however it can be switched uo if you like. There's a lot of wiggle room in this plot for new details and changes, so don't be afraid to share your ideas! This is meant to be a dystopian future/fantasy setting.
Muse A is a user of healing magic that puts his skills to use working in a mental health hospital, attempting to heal broken minds and spirits with magic, whilst keeping his talents hidden from those around him. To the other staff, he appears to be nothing more than a normal coworker.

Muse B is a young woman who checks herself into the hospital, having self diagnosed herself with Schizophrenia and claiming that she keeps seeing things that aren't there. Muse A is confused by her at first, namely because she doesn't show the usual symptoms of Schizophrenia, aside from supposed hallucinations, as well as the fact that her appearance isn't entirely... Human. But, as A begins to treat B, he begins to realize that she isn't the only one inside her head, and it isn't a case of Dissociative Identity Disorder. Muse B has a demon trapped inside her head that only she can see, the results of an occult ritual that she has no recollection of. This explains her abnormal appearance that Muse A seems to be the only one to notice.

Enter Muse C, the demon inside B's head, who has been trapped there and trying to get out for months now, and he isn't happy about it.

This plot is meant to be MxF with muses A and B, but it can also be FxF just as easily and I'd love to try it that way! I'll be playing Muses B and C, as this plot was designed around their characters. This is meant to be a modern fantasy setting with most of the world unaware of the existence of magic and the supernatural.
So this is just an unexplored plot idea that's probably a bit overdone but has TONS of wiggle room for enhancements and changes.

Basically everyone on the planet/in the city disappears and the only ones remaining have developed abilities or powers of some sort. This would honestly be better done in a group setting, but I'd be game to try it 1x1 as well. It would need a LOT of brainstorming to work out an actual plot thought.

Supernatural (Genre)
>Witches/warlocks
>Vampires (Only when mixed with other elements and NOT the Twilight kind)
>Angels/Demons (Though not the traditional kind. I'll explain if you express interest, but the gist is similar to plot 4 above.)
>Shapeshifters
>Werewolves (The kind that that can shift into actual wolves at will, not bipedal creatures linked to the full moon)
>>ABO/Omegaverse* (I'm still very new to the subject so I've still got some stuff to learn about everything)
Sci-fi
>Human/Animal hybrids
>Human experimentation (Almost always tied in with the hybrid thing or something to do with powers or magic or something along those lines.)
Romance - Only mixed with something else as well
Mix-ins of neuro-divergency are always welcomed. ADHD, depression, anxiety, PTSD, etc. My characters will almost always have something of those four, and then some more most likely. Neurotypical characters are almost always guaranteed to be boring to write, in my experience.

I am not interested in realistic plots, as I tend to lose interest in them very quickly, but if you have any other ideas or a pairing you want to try, let me know! I may be open to trying it! For time/settings, I much prefer modern day with fantasy twists, or futuristic with post-apocalyptic vibes. I'm always down for a dystopian vibe.

If you've made it all the way through and are still interested, let me know! Shoot me a message and tell me a bit about yourself and your roleplay experience! (Preferred plot styles, pairings, average post length, etc.) Just please don't be offended if I end up saying no, as I tend to be pretty picky with my partners.

Last edited:
If this is still relevant, I'm totally interested in Plot 4/the Witch and Warlock one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back