Idea Annoying.

I understand your frustration. I tend to play both (4 males last year to three females), but the amount of female players who just want someone to play a male character who romances their female character and will never play anything else is really quite a sea to wade through. Everyone’s entitled to play what they feel most comfortable playing, of course, I play women, too, so who am I to judge. I’m not trying to police anyone’s preferences. But yeah, if you’re looking to find someone who wants to play male, you’re gonna have a harder time than if you want to roleplay romance-prone male #653973 to someone’s female OC.

If it’s really annoying you, consider playing (non-fetishistic) LGBT pairings, platonic pairings, or stories centered more around a plot than a relationship.

Last edited:
In my opinion, if someone only role plays a certain gender and you'd like the other one instead...then just move on. Find someone who can play that other gender. Making a thread like this does nothing to help anyone as opposed to a thread that's like, "Tips on how to play the other gender."

I can sort of understand where this is coming from.

I used to play only females because, hi there, female here. Now I play almost exclusively male characters. But even to me, this is... a bit of a less-than-necessary post.

This is a free-to-use RPing forum where people come to share ideas they want to use and characters they find most entertaining to write. Sure, there's a large majority of players on here that enjoy playing solely female characters and it is not part of their 'civic duty' to branch out because some people are tired of seeing it. They're on here to write what they like, and if they like to RP female characters, let them. You are under no obligation to RP with anyone. Also, in my experience? You can go five pages deep into the partner search and if you comment on one of them, there's a 99% chance you'll get a reply. You'll find something.

If not, there are only a few things I see that you might be able to do to help relieve this annoyance.

- You can try branching out yourself. Play characters that are different/new to you instead of asking others to do the same. Again, you can control what you play, not what others play.

- You can open up your own search thread explaining what you want, specifically. This is super useful! I mean, duh, but it's really easy to set up a really great search thread. My personal format is

Intro
Your writing info
Guidelines/Preferences
Likes/Dislikes (Such as genre, settings, dynamics, etc)
Plots/Ideas
Closing

- Just keep looking! In the words of our favorite fish, Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming swimming, what do you do? You click, click, click. :)

I mostly play girls because I'm a transgirl, and I don't appreciate being in the role of a guy. But hey, there are some I can be lenient with just because I like the concept of the character. If anything, personally I take more issue with the idea that everything has to be a romantic plot line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back