Opinion Annoying/Least favorite parts of swimming?

Annoying things in swimming?

• Goggles

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Hitting the lane line with your hands or feet

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Sore muscles

• The early practices

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Streamline

• Breaststroke

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Butterfly

• Backstroke

• Freestyle

• I'm not on a swim team/Other

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

poison goth

spoingus
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I am on a swim team, and I would by all means put all my complaints on this thread... But I would explode the site.
Maybe overreacting.
I have to say, streamline on front is the worst for me. It's terrible.
Also, diving off the blocks and your goggles coming off. I dive fairly deep, so I freak out at the bottom of the pool. Unless it is the occasion where I actually dive in right.

One particular early practice is when you stand with others with your back facing the pool and then the trainer pushes you in. You're supposed to do a flip backwards when it happens. This is one of those things, where you gotta tell your brain to accept it. I don't know how I managed it but I actually did a few flips (since i was assisted by water). After I survived that practice I never dove in like that again.
And doing a somersault in water in particular is not for me. Always make my nose and forehead ache.

Last edited:
I grew up around ports, so I swim feom a very young age. It's a dangerous story of how I learned to swim, shirt version is, granny left me on the beack when I was around six, and I went into the water with no supervision. Repeated all the stuff dad tried to teach me, and finally managed. It was deep. I was six.

That neing said, I love swimming, and all aspects of it but one: I just HATE -and I cannot emphasize this enough - getting water up my nose. It leaves a disgusting burning sensation on the back of my throat, and a feeling I breath through slime. Thirty years in, and I cannot get used to it.

Getting water in my ear bothers me way more than it should. Even when I know it's gone, my brain still thinks it's in there, sometimes for days at a time.

The most annoying part in swimming is all of it. My husband lived by the beach his whole childhood so adores the beach and swimming. I'd rather eat a caterpillar than go swimming in the beach. I don't want to deal with sand in my coochie. I don't want to deal with the fact that some jellyfish or shark is around the corner, waiting to munch on my booty. I also don't want to deal with the trying to get into dry clothes while your body is still slightly wet and for some reason a bit sticky cause you know - ocean water is a dick and all. I feel very strongly about this.

it is so annoying when the person behind you keeps tickling your feet and when the laps over, you tell them "you can go first" and they're like "no thanks, i'm not as fast as you"

LIKE BRO, STOP TOUCHING MY FEET
PLEASE

you know like when you go underwater, and you accidentally open your mouth and all that water gets in your mouth?
and you're sitting there coughing for 30 minutes?

and !!!
when you get out of the pool after being in there for a while you can hear the water in your ears,, i hate that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back