Announcements [NG]

SirBlazeALot

Seven Thousand Club
ANNOUNCEMENTS

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]
e8UD9CGdlpiQDw_eTBR-rXhP3EFj1ge0DP48NwhCBCl49sHkD6jlNdzf0o5cB609OvEAnWZi5DmsZyi_37EyJPbPc2sTkL1MzMxMYybnlruE4OkPPlDuxX8mr_glpuAMron_m1ex
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Whenever anyone has anything important to say, say it here. Stuff like: If you're unable to post within the cycle. I'll put stuff like: When we're doing a timeskip. You know what I mean? Stuff that everybody has to see. Please don't clog up this thread with conversation even if it is related to the announcement, Take it over to general conversation plox <3[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT NUMERO UNO! 

ALRIGHT WOO! We're back yo!...kind of.

Here's the game plan guys.

I've turned in the support ticket to have the old elements of the thread moved over here. That takes at least about half a day so they probably won't be back until tomorrow. The biggest issue with this is that we're ass out of our regular OOC section until tomorrow but I mean, hey, it's just one day, right? If you guys have any questions, we do have the Question section in the OOC for you guys to check out. Even then though, if you haven't noticed already, our older posts are fucked. Some look like bbc threw up all over it, and others look like HTML threw up all over it.

The backend program converting the bbc in the old posts isn't finished yet. It actually ended up converting everything to HTML, which I imagine is the first step toward translating it to something the new editor can understand. Until it's done, it's critical that you guys don't touch your old posts. Don't go in there and try and delete all the HTML around it to make it legible, just leave it be for now, alright? When the Staff lets us know that the backend is complete, then we'll start reconstructing the thread completely. On you guys' end, that just means moving your characters to their proper locations in the new Characters forum.

Once the thread is completely fixed, meaning there's no spare bbc or html lying around, everything looks nice and pretty and organized, and all of the information is visible and easy to find, then we will resume posting in the main IC thread of the RP. Unfortunately, this is going to take longer than we were initially lead to believe, but have no fear guys. I've come up with a solution for those you just itching to get back into the action:

INTRODUCING...

RAPID FIRE!

I'm really excited about this and I hope you guys start making Rapid Fire! threads soon! Like, right now, cuh!! I can't wait to read them and join some of my own~ I however, will be mostly focused on restoring my other RPs. Now that this one is...almost there, I'm pretty much good to hop in on some. It's just that...well...my Fire Emblem thread is probably going to start taking up a fuckton of my time once the backend stuff completes.

But guys, I've said pretty much the same thing in PGZA and SYB about being excited for Rapid Fire! threads, but I'm extra extra excited with sugar on top for Rapid Fire! threads for this RP. I just see so much opportunity to go back in time with these characters. One of the things that always bothered me about this RP is that we started in the 2nd semester of the year, so we didn't get to see what our characters did for Halloween or for Homecoming, but now we can. We can even explore what the 4th years were like when they met each other as 1st years just--UGH!!! SO MUCH OPPORTUNITY. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you guys do with this.

Last Thing: Unfortunately @Bedbae won't be returning with us. It's not because of the update or anything, we actually came to the decision beforehand that it would be best if he left the RP for a while due to his life circumstances becoming more hectic. He has two characters that didn't show up, Diana can fade into the background quite easily, but the biggest problem with his departure is Jason, since he's the leader of the Spectres. But it's a problem no more. It'll come to light (everyone's favorite motorcycle enthusiast Asad will deliver the news) when we get back to actually posting in the IC thread that Jason got arrested and he has to serve time. In like actual jail. Because he's 18. So the Spectres will have to elect a new leader.

If you guys have any questions, hit up the questions thread and I'll try to answer them as soon as I can. I hope you guys enjoy Rapid Fire! and thanks for being patient, y'all. We gotta stick through this mayn so we can continue our oh so fun RPs. And as always if you guys have any ideas about the RP or the thread itself... well... once we have our OOC section back we'll be golden but for now, just PM me, okay? Swag.

Love you guys!

@NyxNightmare @BlueInPassing @Danoram @RubyRose @theglassangel @Leaf Fi @Corgi @s0l

P.S. Blue, can you request to be added to the RP? I put in a bug report, but for some reason, RPN swears that you don't exist and won't let me invite you, yet I can tag you anywhere else. 

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT NUMERO 2

Sup guys. Please like this when you're done reading so I know that you've read it :3

Welp, the backend program converting the bbc is done. And it actually has been for a while. The only way you would've known this is if you've been lurking around the Site Questions and Feedback and whatnot. There was no formal announcement. Sooooo thaaaat meeeeeans the way things look now are the way they're going to look. The next big coding update is merely going to add more buttons to the editor. That means I've got a loooooootta shit to fix around here and not just this RP, but all four that I GM. Yay for me.

So yeah, it's gonna take a while before we're good to go in IC again. I want the RP to look clean and organized for not only potential new players, but you guys as well. I know we refer back to character sheets and Lore and Settings and whatever all the time, and prematurely starting up the RP seems like it's just gonna cause a lot of confusion. So the IC is on hiatus until everything is completely fixed. 

But anyways, lets get to what you guys have to do. Lets not mince words here, our character sheets are all fucked up, so we're gonna have to go in and fix them. The big coding update is estimated to be finished in like...three months. Maybe less, maybe more, that much isn't clear. So remember what I said about tabs? Yeah fuck that, they're broken and we may be waiting three months before that shit's fixed so we're gonna go old school. Post your characters as one sheet per post in their designated Organization. Fix anything wrong with the spoilers, the broken images, make it as neat as possible.

Once you've got your character sheets in their proper places, let me know so I can delete, excuse me, hide your old collection of character sheets. The only other thing that you guys have to do is go back and clean up your last 2 posts in the Main Thread. Not every post has code all over it, but even a little can be distracting. And we're gonna have to refresh ourselves on what's going on and what not. So let's make it easier on ourselves and at least make them clean. And that's it! 

On to something more fun though! I'm glad to see that the big ol' update hasn't stopped some of my players from wanting to make characters. So I just wanted to tell you guys, it's totally cool to add new characters man. And do Rapid Fires with them! That'd be really cool and fun to do while we wait.

Alright guys I'm donezo. If you notice something is missing or something is wonky about the thread, hit me up over in Questions. Oh, and, keep up those Rapid Fires you guys. They're really fun, I unfortunately won't be able to make anymore new ones with you guys until I've sorted out this mess. However, I'm still committed to finish the ones I've already started :3 

Love y'all~

@NyxNightmare @BlueInPassing @Danoram @RubyRose @theglassangel @Leaf Fi @Corgi @s0l

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT NUMERO 3

Hey guys :3 So, I'm going to start fixing up the thread this weekend! So we should be ready to get the Main IC thread fired up soon. I'm sorry it took so long, I had to fix the two threads I made before this one first. But now those are done and I'm ready to get to work on NINJA GANGSTERS *coughcoughmyfavoritecoughcough*. I'm gonna do some actual replies first though because I've been RP deficient for hella days. I just wanted to thank you guys for being so patient and for getting your characters up so quickly. I can't wait to start up the IC Thread again, so I'll get to work on fixing everything and posting my characters and stuff as soon as I'm done replying to stuff. Alrighty? Alrighty. In the meantime, if you haven't posted your characters yet, do it ASAP so we can start the thread up ASAP. Gracias.

Love y'all. Hasta. 

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT NUMERO 4

What's up motherfucks! The thread is all sparkly and clean and stuff. We're back in business man. All we need before we resume posting in the main thread iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis all the characters posted. And I noticed about half of you already got to that anyway so. Fantastic.

As far as what I've changed about the thread? Not much but a few key things.

• Instead of requiring every ninja to have a unique weapon, I'm only requiring unique weapons in each gang. So lets say a dude uses like nunchaku and he's a blue dragon. It's fine for a red spectre to also use nunchaku *cough cough Iza cough cough* but not another blue dragon.
  • I added some hot spots to each district. Places like La Lune and stuff that the characters have already visited. If you guys make up a place (either for a character or a rapid fire or for IC or whatever) let me know and tell me about it/write a quick description about it and I'll shove it in the hotspot. There are some places I need to add to this list such as Hayley's parents' restaurant, but idk the name so. Name the places and gimme something to describe them with.
  • Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand...no I think that's it. Yeah I'm pretty sure that's the most important stuff. Anyway, this was my "final" thread I had to finish (my actual final thread is going to require some functional tabs, accordions, and spoilers if that isn't too much to ask >:[) so I'll be around to post in rapid fires and stuff a lot more as I'm transferring my characters. Stay swaggy guys. 
  • I love you
  • Hasta

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT NUMERO 5

WHEW! Alrighty! I reposted all mah characters. That shit didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would, but I still took longer than most of you. Anywayz, that's not what this major announcement is about. Although it is triggering this announcement and shit. Kay so here's the thing.

• I'm getting serious about starting the main thread back up again. In two weeks, we'll be back to our regularly scheduled programming. So by next Thursday, (not this coming Thursday, but the next one, 9/29) I need everyone's sheets perfecto and their last two posts perfecto so we can get this show on the road. If we're ready earlier than that, fantastic. I'm mainly waiting two weeks instead of one because we've got some new applicants who need to finish their sheets.
  • I was supposed to talk about this in the last Major Announcement Numero, but I forgot cause I was high. I need you guys to mark your completed Rapid Fires with [Complete!]. If you look in the Rapid Fire section there's a whole detailed thing about that if you wanna know why.
  • Fuck I totally forgot what else I had to say, I know there was something else though. C'mon Blaze think.
  • That might actually be it. 
  • Watch I'm gonna remember what it was like as soon as I post this and then I'm gonna wanna drink bleach.
  • OH! GOT IT! People who did your profiles before RPN's most recent image rebuilding process. Chances are your images are broken. I hate to ask you guys this, because it feels like you're being punished for posting your characters earlier and that doesn't sit right with me at all, but you're gonna have to fix those images. If you need help recovering images from broken links, just hit me up, I'm a pro at that shit now. I harassed the mods about whether or not the image thingy was done rebuilding, and no one could give me a straight "yes or no" answer, they're too busy for that. They've promised this is the last time they'll ever have to do something like this, but they promise a lot of things so take it with several grains of salt and make sure you guys save your images to your computer and get an imgur account.
  • I love you all. Hasta. 

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT NUMERO 6

Ok Idk if this is like a major announcement, I mean I guess it is but not really. This one is actually about THE RP (what omg no way, a major announcement about the actual RP and not about fixing it?! WHOA) but fuck it we're gonna call it a major announcement.

@s0l had to quit RPN for the year due to a hectic schedule so Miles will be fading into the background. Which actually works kind of well seeing as Bedbae also had to quit and Jason's finna get arrested. So I pulled some more ninja rules out of my ass concerning Elder's and their Seconds, the process of becoming one, and most importantly, what happens when a current Elder is somehow prevented from Eldering for whatever reason such as being arrested, fucking up really badly, dying, or developing some kind of crippling addiction, such as buying Skyrim.

The rules on Elders are as follows:

PROMOTION! :)

• Towards the end of the year the current Elder chooses a handful of 3rd years to potentially become the Elder of their school. Before the year is up, the current members vote on who they want to be the Elder, but of course the current Elder and Second have more weight to their votes. During this time, the Death Squad keeps very close tabs on the 3rd Year Candidates, and will usually send them on missions for low ranking adult members to test them. Once the Death Squad is done evaluating, they too will vote. The Master will then take the testimonies of the Elder, the Second, and the Death Squad, as well as the votes of the current young members, and they will select the new Elder a few weeks before the school year starts.
  • The Elder is then allowed to choose a Second from among the 2nd Years to the 4th years. Though the Second is also reviewed by the Death Squad, the current members, and the Master, it's a way shorter process, because an Elder can switch Seconds at any time and it is largely considered their responsibility to pick a good one, and if they don't it will be taken as a failure on the Elder's part, not the Second.
  • At the beginning of the year, there is a private ceremony between the Elder, their second, the Death Squad, and the Master. The Master's identity remains obscured during this ceremony. it's basically just a pretty intense pledge, and then dinner with the Death Squad and the obscured Master afterward, and the process repeats year after year after year after year.

[SIZE= 22px]DEMOTION! :( [/SIZE]

• Demotion from one's position as Second is relatively simple. The Elder simply says: "You're not Second anymore turn in your badge and your gun" and that's the end of it. When the Elder picks a new Second, there will be another ceremony similar to the one at the beginning of the year, except only the Second does the pledge. Obviously if the Second dies, or is otherwise no longer able to maintain their responsibility, it's the same deal.
  •  Demotion for Elders is a lot more involved, so we'll split this into two sections. Let's start with circumstances, since that's relevant to the situation we have going on here with Jason and Miles. If an Elder is no longer capable of being Elder due to death, incarceration (I just had a spin-off idea for Ninja Gangsters in prison lol that'd probably be wicked cool especially since I still have to figure out how exactly people with Chi are prevented from using it in prison. That's whatever though, that's world building for another day) or serious injury or whatever, then obviously a new Elder has to be selected. Since such a thing is possible, the Elder typically keeps a list of 4th years that they'd want to succeed them should anything happen to them. At this point the candidates from the list simply repeat the process of being promoted to Elder, though this is a much faster process when school is in session. What takes a whole summer normally is generally completed within the week. The new Elder gets to pick their own Second, they don't inherently inherit the previous Elder's Second.
  • Alright, second section: Impeachment. All of the gangs treat this matter pretty seriously. Impeachment can be proposed by any subordinate of the Elder, including the Second. However, you'd better have a solid case against the Elder, because as stated, the adults don't take this shit lightly. All of the Elder's subordinates are to testify either for or against them in front of the Death Squad and the Master in a manner similar to a court case. Those who don't will be reprimanded. A solid case must be built against the Elder by those that would oppose them. Then, the Master acts as judge and decides whether or not the Elder should be impeached. Elders who are impeached tend to have a very low reputation within the gang when they move on to the adult branch, and in some cases, many of them are killed depending on the severity of their failure to act as a leader.
  • No matter what happens, the Second does not automatically take the place of an Elder. The idea is they weren't chosen to be leaders, they were chosen to work in tandem with an established leader. There's a big difference. That doesn't mean it's impossible, it just isn't automatic.

And that's all for Elder promotion and demotion y'all. This turned out way longer than expected, but I love me some world building. Almost as much as I love you guys. But I love you guys way more. More than chocolate ice cream. 

So, now that we know a little more about the process of becoming an Elder, I wanna hear from you guys over in general conversation! Who do you think would be the Red Spectre's new Elder, and who do you think they would pick as their second? Personally, I think Melony would be Jason's first and probably only choice as a successor. Keep in mind though, I want the selection of the new Elder and their Second to feel organic to the characters, not something that's just decided by us as players. 

And just for funzo, who do you guys think the current Elders would elect to be next year's Elder? And who do you think that person would choose as their second? 

I think it's pretty obvious that Tsu would pick Isaac to replace her should something happen to her, buuuuuut I'm not sure which of the 3rd Year Dragons she'd pick for next year's Elder. I'll have to give it some thought. 

Anyway I'm not proofreading any of this so let me know if something is unclear. Hasta

@NyxNightmare @BlueInPassing @Danoram @RubyRose @theglassangel @Leaf Fi @Corgi 

Major Announcement Numero 5

Allow me to preface this by saying that the issue I'm discussing is something that's been happening in 2 of my 3 currently "running" RPs and I copy and pasted this message from those. I understand that this RP officially started up last week (later than the other two) so it's technically not doing as bad as the other two, but from the looks of it, it'll probably be heading down the same path so here it is. 

What's up guys. So I've noticed that since I started my RPs back up, a lot of people haven't been posting. I've heard a lot of reasons, like being too busy or being in fucked up emotional states and of course some people are caught in post chains. Though I empathize, that's not really important. My main issue is that no one announced that they wouldn't be posting. Not posting for the week is completely fine and understandable but you have to let us know. 

If you notice, since we started back, I haven't been doing my weekly reminders. The first week I didn't was me giving everyone a pass and some time to figure things out and get readjusted. The second week was me seeing how long it would take without my weekly reminders for everyone to post on their own volition without me poking them with a stick or announce that they wouldn't be posting. 

Part of it's my fault, I was so eager to get these things back up and running that I started them when I was ready. But I never really asked you guys if you were ready. So here's what we're gonna do.

I'm ready like Freddy, but I need to know if you guys are ready to continue posting on a regular basis. So I need you all to reply under this post stating whether or not you're ready to continue. You don't have to say why or explain why or apologize. Not being able to post isn't a problem, lack of communication is. I just need to know if you're ready or not ready.

If the majority of you are ready, then those people will continue posting at least once a week in the main thread. 

Everyone who isn't ready will not be waited for, their characters will simply be "on mute" so to speak until they are ready to continue. Any interactions involving their characters in a crucial way are just gonna have to be timeskipped over, but they can always be continued in Rapid Fires if you guys so choose. 

If the majority of you are not ready, then we'll simply put the RP on hold and entertain ourselves with Rapid Fires or other hobbies until we hit majority. 

You guys have until this Sunday to let me know if you're ready. If you don't, then I'll assume that you're not ready.

When you realize that you're supposed to post this on announcements and not ooc. proof i'm not quite sane just yet whooops 

Hey everyone, 

I'm really sorry about everyone looking forward to a post, but I've been having troubles with my computer on top of a lot of personal stuff going on. Work has been piling up (lmao that's not new XD) and i feel like i haven't been as cheerful as i was before. I think that my characters suck and my writing sucks and blahjshshshdhdh 

Yup, it's going to be one of those bad moments where angel doesn't post for a really long period of time. I won't get my laptop back in a week at the minimum. I also need some lines to be completely memorized and i feel horribly stressed and ugh. Hopefully, i get back into the swing of things, since my workload hasn't changed with the new year. I think it's the lack of volunteering stuff I've been missing out on and the bombardment of personal stuff resurfacin-- 

I'm rambling again. Sorry y'all. I'm not editing this, so if it doesn't make sense, it's because I'm weird and emotionally unstable atm. Copy and paste function, go! 

Gyehehehe, I'm even more ready for this one here! I just needa finish three of my posts, and BAM! Everyone's up! 

A repeat of just a few minutes ago in another RP: Burger King is always giving me as many possible hours as I'm allowed to have (the whole 39 hour deal because part-time) and I get at least two days off, and most of the time I still have classes on those days off, but I will try my damnedest to get some shit done whenever possible!

Ready! I actually was unsure if this roleplay had officially resumed haha. There might be a few instances where things get hectic on my end, but I think I can meet the post requirement consistently.

I'm... Not so sure, unfortunately :c Put me down as no for now, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that, if all goes well, I'll be a yes hopefully by Monday ^u^ 

Alright amigos what's good? Everything. 

So we got majority for sure, 5/7, the only temporarily inactive people we just gotta focus on muting their characters. Well, not just their characters, some of like, the scenes and stuff are gonna have to be muted as well, cause there might only be like one or two characters they're interacting with and the scene can't really move on without them. There's only like, one character in a position where it's like super important we figure out a way to get past them, but I'll get to that later.

Muted Scenes

1. Obvi  Graveel and Edric at the shopping mall.
  2. Steph Vaughn & Bolt at the boardwalk
  3. Evey Dale & Lizzy at teh mall.

Alright now for characters who are involved in scenes with lots of characters that have to move on.

1. Isaac's easy he can just kick it all stoic and shit or whatever. I'm planning on havin' Tsu dismiss errbody anyway so the dragons can get on with their lives.
  2. Cato's easy too he can just go quiet while the Spectres are waiting for the meeting that's never gonna happen.
  3. Zhi's slightly less easy but I think we can continue along with them scoping out the bowling alley, Zhi'll just be quiet for a while I guess. Idk. Or we can mute it. Up to you guys actually, Dan and Ruby. I'm cool with whatever.
  4. Jurriaan is a bigger deal, but when I asked Leaf what we should do about him, she said she was gonna try to post for him this week. Which would be great. And maybe Steph. Problem solved. So don't worry about Jurriaan. 

Okie dokie. I shall try to post today but I might not, I got a few posts to do :3. In other news and shit, we've got a three way vote coming up so have fun with that. And also, this week is whatever, but next week Im gonna be slidin all up in them inboxes on Tuesday and Thursday. Back to our regularly scheduled programming. Swag.

hey guys,

so i finally have my laptop back, but none of my files are on it. my desktop is just a recycle bin and firefox. ;-; my files have been backed up, but i won't get everything back until monday. luckily, i don't have any work to do other than studying, memorizing some things and preparing some easy ass notes.

on the questions thread, i'll try to get a short summary of everything i missed regarding my characters so that i can hopefully post later today or early on sunday. i have a lot of things coming up next week like tests, various performances and presentations so we'll see how things turn out later.

i really, really, want to post this weekend, even if i don't get a quick summary. so if i'm not posting on the groups, you can bet that my 1x1s and my vote will come in.

HERE I AM AGAIN LMAO:

okay, just to let everyone know, i cannot post on the weekdays.

so for the purpose of not causing any chains, i can only post on the weekends.

<3

Hey, guys, I regret to inform you that I too will be going on a hiatus. There has been so much stuff going on in my life having to do with studies, relationships, and a lot of sickness/stress. My schedule's piled high with plays and work and so much more, so I'll be taking a leave for a bit. Pretty much everything Dan said applies for me as well. 

hey guys, i'm not feeling very well, so for the sake of not letting anyone down, i'm not going to be posting today or tomorrow. involves a needle shot and throwing up at a coffee shop. so my homework is cut out for me. 

@NyxNightmare @BlueInPassing @Danoram @RubyRose @theglassangel @Leaf Fi @Corgi @TaraSobiki

What's up guys!? So I totally spaced and forgot to tell YOU guys the results of the threeway vote we did. I told the candidates, but not everyone else. I've been kind of all over the place when it comes to GMing, I'm sorry guys. But the results are:

@TaraSobiki is in :D  So give them an encouraging slap on the booty when you get a chance. 

But basically, we need to find a way to get Tara to jump in. Do you guys have any recommendations on scenes that are currently going on that we can add Yurei too?

Or would do you guys think we should make a new scene? If so, I've only got one Cobra who isn't tied up and that's Valentine. But I've been looking forward to playing her, so I wouldn't mind :D  If anyone has any ideas, hit up the conversation section and shit. I'm going to be posting today so I shall contribute once I'm finished with a post for this... and yuri bros XD.

Love y'all :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back