ANNOUNCEMENT: Post-Jailbreak Operational Changes

welian

#BlackLivesMatter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
As a few of you have noticed, Episode 4 is scheduled to lock up on March 1, which is only a month from now. Hopefully, all major scenes will be somewhat wrapped up by then. That is, so long as people are stuck waiting for someone to respond to or post a collaborative post, which is the kind of post that we all know I loathe with a distinct passion.

After Episode 4 ends, we will NOT be launching directly into Episode 5. I am going to be taking a hiatus for several weeks to focus on schoolwork – it’s my last semester, and I want to try and get something higher than a 3.1 GPA. While I’m on hiatus, I will still be around in the forums and on Discord, so I’ll be available for interrogations – I mean questioning.

As for the roleplay, Aegis will be moving into a decentralized format during my absence. During the gap between episodes, the GMs (and your more ambitious fellow RPers) will be utilizing mission threads to continue the roleplay, focusing on character development in smaller groups. In these threads, I encourage typical villain-of-the-day shenanigans (we don’t know how many supers escaped that prison, after all), classroom time and training, and just hanging out with other characters.

Oh, and I can’t forget – February 11 is the one-year anniversary of Aegis! I’d make a joke about how far we’ve come, but I think it’s only been about a month in-story. Oh well! If it looks like you all are having fun and posting a lot with mission threads after Episode 4, I’ll consider a major timeskip, like six months or something.

Anyways, in honor of Aegis being a year old, I... I got nothing. If you have ideas on how to celebrate the RP lasting this long like the shambling zombie (lich?) that it is, I'm all ears.

I am not (right now) going to tag the entire RP, but I'd certainly be grateful to any bold player willing to do so...

Well I have an idea(s) for the year anniversary.  One idea could be to just simply have a thread dedicated to characters reminiscing about everything that happens, similar to a clips episode in a TV Show.  You could have the reason for them doing so being that there's new characters who want to know what's been happening at AEGIS.  Another idea could be to have a story where you have characters actually travel back in the past to the beginning of the RP and/or further into the past(such as the early days of Superheroes being recognized?)  Similar to that idea you could also have an alternate dimension sort of thread where you go over what it would have been like if AEGIS was an underground operation due to superheroes being publicly despised or something.  Those are just a couple ideas I have.

( @welian )

inb4 side mission where a bunch of characters from a Bad Future travel back in time to try to force the present-day characters to change their actions.

I propose two ideas. 

Firstly, given the time frame... VALENTINE'S DAY! I think an awkward school dance/ holiday event is in planned and hosted  by our very own Allen McNabb. Fun is inevitable.

For the other idea, a celebration of our student cast. Ten or so years in the future, where our students are finally heroes in their own right. Or villains. A Mission to showcase our students as the heroes we want them to be. Reuniting to save their city from a dire threat. Full power!  Fun with ships! And awesome super costumes! This might be more episodic than a simple mission, but could give people a way to express where their char might be. Hero of or not. Maybe they settled down. Or became a teacher. Or an agent. Or hero. Or villain. Let ships flow! If you don't have a ship, go crazy and grab a random partner to make one up for just a little AU fun, and ultimately have a game that is more inclusive than just a writing prompt.

Ooh ooh, some more CCP in exchange for writing prompts would be fantastic. Just like the Christmas prompts.

Ideas

• This is NOT What I Signed Up For: A super villain intent on taking over AEGIS (or with some other masterful plot) uses their unique ability to swap the powers of similarly ranked characters. For example, Red and Aaron who are both S rank, would have to learn how to respectively navigate their 'new abilities.'
  • Please be Kind and Rewind: The school is thrust into the past for a singular day and the world outside the "bubble" of the school property is one of the past. Perhaps they will bear witness to the "Rapture" or merely the events of Episode 1. Was it farther back? Are they in the year 2016 and have to hide in the school or else their weird powers be discovered and the school invaded? Whether or not they can interact with this world is entirely up to the GM(s). They return to the present after a predetermined period of time OR after they discover how they were sent into the past in the first place. Was it to see something in the past? To understand how things came to be? Or because a supervillain was trying to get AEGIS Facility 108 out of the way while he terrorized the city in the present day?
  • Groundhog Day: The school is forced to relive a seemingly ordinary day until they figure out their way "out"- which is actually, for a change, not a horrible thing. They are being forced to repeat a day until they have a certain predetermined 'good' outcome... whether it be taking down a certain villain that is trying to break their psyche or appeasing a rogue super that is making them repeat the day until they better super/human relations.

This is NOT What I Signed Up For: A super villain intent on taking over AEGIS (or with some other masterful plot) uses their unique ability to swap the powers of similarly ranked characters. For example, Red and Aaron who are both S rank, would have to learn how to respectively navigate their 'new abilities.'

This one sounds really fun.  I'd cast a vote here if I could.

Firstly, given the time frame... VALENTINE'S DAY! I think an awkward school dance/ holiday event is in planned and hosted  by our very own Allen McNabb. Fun is inevitable.

*Tabby and [Insert random male character here] have been cajoled into dancing together*

*Mutual embarrassment ensues*

*McNabb sidles up*

McN (at a spoken volume to be heard over the music): "Are you two considering copulating at some later juncture? I would be interested if you are, as I wish to test your emotional and psychological responses to said copulation. I can provide a suitable test location with appropriate monitoring equipment, if you so intend."

*Massive embarrassment ensues*

Captain Hesperus

Mr. McNabb just wants us to procreate in a safe and healthy manner.

The day I get banned is the day that -

well, I'm not infallible. I've done a lot of dumb shit, even as a mod.

The day I get banned is the day that -

well, I'm not infallible. I've done a lot of dumb shit, even as a mod.

THERE MAY COME A DAY WHEN THE STRENGTH OF OUR GAME MASTER FAILS…. BUT IT IS NOT THIS DAY!!!

THERE MAY COME A DAY WHEN THE LIGHT OF OUR ADMINS LEADERSHIP FADES…. BUT IT IS NOT THIS DAY!!!

THEY MAY TAKE OUR RP… BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR CREATIVITY!!!

*is banhammered*

Users who are viewing this thread