TV & Film Annabelle

SlytherClaw

Try hard evil genius
That movie!!!

It was scary! I normally can handle scary movies. (The Ring, Grudge, ect...) But anything demon/paranormal scares the shit out of me. After I got home my dad was asking about it, and I told him about this scene where the doll is floating in the air.

SO MY LOVING CARING FATHER gets an old doll we had in the basement, ties a string around it and hangs it from my bed post. He knows I normally wake up in the middle of the night, and of course I did and about died.

TinyWolf said:
That movie!!!
It was scary! I normally can handle scary movies. (The Ring, Grudge, ect...) But anything demon/paranormal scares the shit out of me. After I got home my dad was asking about it, and I told him about this scene where the doll is floating in the air.

SO MY LOVING CARING FATHER gets an old doll we had in the basement, ties a string around it and hangs it from my bed post. He knows I normally wake up in the middle of the night, and of course I did and about died.
Well played TinyWolf's father.

We had my little cousins in town, the girl is three years old, and my friend said she looks just like the doll from Annabelle. I don't watch horror movies, so I don't know. xD

I loved The Conjuring, but am pretty twitchy about seeing this film. It seems like they're marketing it really weird and the trailers kinda' make me feel like I'll hate it before even seeing it.

The Conjuring make me smile insanely wide with the lack of 'jumpy' scares and giving that feeling of lurking dread, but this just seems like the poorly tacked on 'phoned in' spinoff series. :tongue:

I'll have to give it a shot, though, before making a full judgement. Does it compare to The Conjuring, or is it a very different kind of film?

Grin said:
I loved The Conjuring, but am pretty twitchy about seeing this film. It seems like they're marketing it really weird and the trailers kinda' make me feel like I'll hate it before even seeing it.
The Conjuring make me smile insanely wide with the lack of 'jumpy' scares and giving that feeling of lurking dread, but this just seems like the poorly tacked on 'phoned in' spinoff series. :tongue:

I'll have to give it a shot, though, before making a full judgement. Does it compare to The Conjuring, or is it a very different kind of film?
I haven't seen The Conjuring so I wouldn't be able to compare them!

Me and my dad were going to see it, well it wasn't planned but we always watch scary movies together, but then he goes out and watches it with his co-workers without me!

I loved the scene where the main protagonist is standing looking at the little ghost girl in the other room, then the ghost girl starts running full force and when she busts the door wide open, it's the grown woman! I nearly wet myself! Such a simple yet effect scene!

Dear lord, Annabelle is a terribly crafted movie. There I said it!

I like how the character development goes but only until the ridiculousness of a fricking husband that can't even watches his own wife and..WHO THE HELL BUYS A DOLL LIKE THAT!

I can go on...but really, it aint worth my time.

The conjuring made me laugh and I went out and bought a doll like that Annabelle and scared the shit out of my boyfriend. he tried to burn it. Oh the laughs I got with it.

Death to all betrayers

I didn't think the Conjuring was too scary. Guess it takes more to give me the heeby jeebies. Lol. I didn't watch Annabelle, because I was busy and it annoyed me that that they used the wrong kind of doll (they did the same thing in the Conjuring). The Annabelle doll they got the story from, was a Raggedy Ann doll. Google it. Some creepy stuff!

I noticed that too! But it was only based on the actual event, so I let it go because I love ghost stories and movies so much. :o

I should've just watched the movie first, but I read the story before I knew about the Conjuring coming out. There's also a doll named Robert who's reportedly haunted. That's a pretty creepy story too. The actual doll is in a museum in (I think) Florida.

Not the scariest movie I've seen but it made my sister cry because it scared her that much (yes I laughed at her)

Mind you at one of my Uni lectures we watched a clip on this person whose hobby was doll making and every 5 seconds a porcelain doll would flash on the screen. I'm pretty sure everyone in the room was glaring at the lecturer, myself included because of this movie.

Jumpscares haven't ever done much to affect me, I felt like it was a stereotypical horror movie and while that can be great, it was really something you'd expect. I loved the premise however I felt it wasn't executed properly, I didn't find it scary IMO. The Conjuring wasn't that scary either, I suppose I've always liked the psychological aspect of a horror movie rather than the blatant over-usage of jumpscares and ambient music. Jumpscares can be appealing if executed properly however too much of them (like in Annabelle) isn't that effective on certain people. I just laughed quite a lot, the only part that got to me was the appearance of the demon and I was sad to see that he wasn't utilized as much as the doll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back