Anime & Manga Anime You Feel Strongly About?

Might sound a bit cliche but for me it's Cowboy Bebop.

Beautiful animation, awesome characters, a soundtrack you could listen to on it's own, I just love it all. It was one of the first anime's I watched, being recommended to me by a friend, and I really fell in love with it.

My first love was actually Clannad, where the narrative and the orchestra of the story was just superb imo, though after that there's the Fate/Stay Night and subsequent Fate series, which I have to say the action and the story is interesting, though Fate/Zero is a bit dark. Next up was Log Horizon, then there's Nagi no Asakara, Kimi no Namae, and Another, which come to think of it, the last one was just......dark?

Highschool dxd, I will literally fucking stab anyone that disses that anime.

Hai to Gensou no Grimgar. The animation is gorgeous. It's sweet and sad at the same time and just ends on a bit of a cliff hanger? Sadly it was poorly received and they won't continue the anime. But it's absolutely gorgeous and soft.
Another anime is Boku Dake ga Inai Machi (Also known as Erased). I consider it my absolute favorite anime of all time. Its such a thrilling show to watch and had me at the edge of my seat and was probably one of the first animes in years I waited each week to come out while it was airing in Japan. I hear the manga ends differently and the anime ending was a bit lackluster compared to the anime. But I found out there is a live action adaptation on Netflix and I find it 10x better than the anime, but I seriously am still in love with the anime.

Hmm. I have a few anime I feel super strongly about. Shokugeki no Souma is probably my favorite anime and think it doesn't get as much attention as it should. I understand it is popular, but I honestly think it is a better shounen anime than Boku no Hero Academia.

The entire Fate series is another. I really love it, and the lore of it. Great animation, characters and stories. Except you Apocrypha.

Also Sir Fungus Sir Fungus I agree with High School DxD. It is the best harem anime. Hands down. I WILL FIGHT ANYONE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE

Death Parade was the first that came to mind, even though there's more than one. Its OP is misleading and the anime itself is dark but it was really well done. The writing and the animation couldn't have been better in my opinion. This particular anime really made me take a step back and think.

Of course, I can't really overlook Your Lie in April either...

Hyouka definitely fits the bill. It might be the interesting story, compelling characters, or the amazing art style, but it’s definitely one of the animes that really resonated with me.

Danshi Koukousei No Nichijou (Awww!) and Acchi Kocchi also did the same, though on a different level. The comedy is hilarious and I could only wish to have friends like those.

I would honestly fight to the death to argue that One Punch Man is the best anime I’ve watched in years. Yes I’ll give it up to the classics that I still love like Fruits Basket, Inuyasha, Deadman Wonderland, etc. All are great and wonderful for different reasons but something about OPM has stuck with me. The art is amazing. It touches on depression in such an interesting way and yet still manages to be a funny and great action anime. Not to mention that even tho we kinda know how the episodes will end, the development of other characters is so heartfelt and touching (I’m talking about my boy Mumen Rider that literally had me in tears). Everything about the show is wonderful.

I'm a bit scared about the stabbing bit
But I can't say anything because I haven't watched DxD yet
Then again, as a straight female, I prefer my male harems, but you know...

My absolute favourite is Mushishi, it's amazingly beautiful. The art style is great, the backgrounds are stunning and it has a calm and serene atmosphere. It's mostly serious, but there are some light-hearted moments.
Does anyone else like this anime as well? I don't think it's very popular.

I feel VERY strongly about Death Note, and Black Butler (Kuroshitsuji).

Death Note had an amazing story all the way through, great characters, and an overall interesting way to test your beliefs.

Black Butler (Kuroshitsuji) also had an amazing plot, well crafted characters, and it was quite comedic. Along with the fact that it leaves tons of possibilities open for making OCs and roleplays (which I do for both Death Note and Kuroshitsuji).

Overall I try to be respectful.. But I can be a bit salty toward someone if they are rude when giving their opinions on these.

I feel VERY strongly about Death Note, and Black Butler (Kuroshitsuji).

Death Note had an amazing story all the way through, great characters, and an overall interesting way to test your beliefs.

Black Butler (Kuroshitsuji) also had an amazing plot, well crafted characters, and it was quite comedic. Along with the fact that it leaves tons of possibilities open for making OCs and roleplays (which I do for both Death Note and Kuroshitsuji).

Overall I try to be respectful.. But I can be a bit salty toward someone if they are rude when giving their opinions on these.
I love both. Death Note and Black Butler are some of the earliest animes I watched. Back in the glory period when anime was still new, interesting and fresh for me.

Fruits Basket

My first anime.

It shows a kindhearted girl who seeks to make other people happy. Despite all the hardships she faced herself- she longs to see other people happier. A lot of the characters have happy dispositions but have faced several dark and dangerous trials in life and a whole bunch of them manage to get through it. I adore Momiji who was cursed so his Mother's memory of him had to be erased but he still found the reason to smile and be happy for her new life. Yuki seems like a perfectly happy and popular guys but finds himself at a distance from other people- finding a person who he feels comfortable with and wants to protect truly makes me feel happy. Kyo too with his tough exterior is not exempted from the hardship because of the curse he has. Each one of them living each day and making the most of it
I honestly Love the manga to this! So good!

I have a few, honestly. For a while there, I felt strongly about My Hero Academia - it really cheered me up for some reason. The further the series goes on, the less I feel this way about it, but I still enjoy it.

I also feel this way about Mob Psycho 100. No idea why, but it makes me feel happy in a way I can't describe. Something about the animation, the characters, the humor, the genuine moments... I dunno
‾\_(ツ)_/‾

Mushishi is an anime I've felt strongly about for years. It's probably the one I feel the strongest about out of any I've listed so far. Something about it fills me with melancholy and peace at the same time. It's an amazing and indescribable experience to me. I know not everyone would feel that way - some people might think it's boring - but it's something I've loved dearly for a long time now.

my tastes are pretty varied but usually i get most attached to optimistic comedies and romcoms. fruits basket, princess jellyfish, noragami, mob psycho 100, and hyouka give me lots of feelings. all very emotional and fun with good writing and likeable characters. i wouldn't recommend them all to everyone, but they're just my go-tos whenever i feel down.

my tastes are pretty varied but usually i get most attached to optimistic comedies and romcoms. fruits basket, princess jellyfish, noragami, mob psycho 100, and hyouka give me lots of feelings. all very emotional and fun with good writing and likeable characters. i wouldn't recommend them all to everyone, but they're just my go-tos whenever i feel down.
Noragami and Mob Psycho are so good!
... I... kinda think Noragami is the exact opposite of “optimistic” though...

yeah that is a pretty fair claim, especially in the manga, but i always found the central idea of a god with a darker history coming from nothing making more of himself at the side of his found family a really cute and happy premise even though the path is paved with so, so much emotional turmoil. ^^;;

yeah that is a pretty fair claim, especially in the manga, but i always found the central idea of a god with a darker history coming from nothing making more of himself at the side of his found family a really cute and happy premise even though the path is paved with so, so much emotional turmoil. ^^;;
The manga causes me so much emotional pain. It’s making me deeply concerned for the characters and their possibility of a happy ending. :’)
Yes, and I love Yato a lot! He goes through so much and has such a horrendous past - and yet he tries his best to improve himself. The comedy in that series is absolutely on point, lol, even if the more serious moments give me a frikkin stress aneurysm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back