Anime & Manga Anime With Quirky Characters!

KyroMontresor

Cat Cowboy
As we all know, there are thousands of different types of anime out there: fantasy, slice of life, harem, historical, etc. etc. Though we all have our preferences, I find that I can enjoy an anime as long as the characters are unique and maybe a little strange. Things like Konosuba and Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai are particularly fun to watch because the characters carry the whole show. So, I made this thread for people to share anime that has fun, interesting characters!

Comment your favorite "Quirky character" anime below!

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure definitely fits the bill, if you haven't seen it yet. My mind's blanking on other examples but I might edit this post to add them later if they come to mind.

Honestly, pick just about any slice of life comedy anime and you'll usually get this: After all, those shows have nothing BUT their characters. However if I were to say a favorite that comes to mind that would the "The world god only knows". And by God (I didn't intend to do that pun, baka!) it's heartwarming, heartbreaking, funny, jawdropping and will raise you to the clouds. The focus on a man character with extremely nerdy quirkiness which then has to make other characters fall in love with him- and it's entirely focused on their indvidual quirks because that's the conflict. So, give it a watch if you'd like :)

I recommend Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu (Idiots, Tests and Summonable Beasts), it's about this school where the best performing classes get the best classrooms and you're following the people in the F-class who would really want better materials, but they all have terrible grades...

How to solve their problems then? Well, beyond doing really good in tests you can have a Battle Royale thing between classes using these summonable chibis that have all kinds of abilities, however, their attacks' strength still depends on that student's grades making defeating the higher classes in battle almost impossible!

Or is it? A girl from the A class happened to miss a test and ends up on the F class... This might just be the secret weapon they've been waiting for all this time. :3

In all honesty, I've never laughed so much watching an Anime before >w<

I thought I was quirky
And then Ouran High School Host Club entered my life
Like damn those guys are weird XD
There's also Nisekoi, which is entirely chock full of some quirky characters, though they're not as quirky as the aforementioned Ouran
Fruits Basket had some interesting characters
K is fun (I consider the HOMRA guys pretty quirky)
FMA (either version) had lots of quirk (not drinking milk; looking manly and sparkling and attack-hugging people; etc...)
And the big one
Fairy Tail
I swear to God they're all so freaking weird, it's hilarious! It's really no wonder someone kooky like me finds so much enjoyment in their antics XD

Hitman Reborn had the strangest cast of characters I have ever seen in a shonen. There was a lot of character development, but the characters' most basic quirks never changed.

The anime adaptation was awful, but read the manga Pandora Hearts. Break is just.....
I can't even put his "quirkiness" into words. That man is so strange.

And, yeah, Hitman Reborn is odd.

I really thought K had some quirky characters ”Mi~as~ki”

Karneval was also really good with quirky characters, like Nai ^^

I think Highschool DxD has some quirky characters, but its been a month since I last watched it.

What, no love for these bitches?

1.jpg

I say Karma from Assassination Classroom. He's badass, but extremely violent and cocky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back