• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered Anime tag?

Cold Ramen Noodles

This account is closed.
I was updating a search thread and can't seem to find the anime tag. Not sub genre. Just the tag. Was it removed? I think it was just called anime fandom.

I was updating a search thread and can't seem to find the anime tag. Not sub genre. Just the tag. Was it removed? I think it was just called anime fandom.
Yes, it has been officially removed as a tag as users can use the prefix fandom and sub-genre Anime which nullifies the need for the tag to remain as a duplicate of those options.

Yes, it has been officially removed as a tag as users can use the prefix fandom and sub-genre Anime which nullifies the need for the tag to remain as a duplicate of those options.

So video games is a tag but anime is a sub forum? That just seems sort of odd to me.

So video games is a tag but anime is a sub forum? That just seems sort of odd to me.
As it has been mentioned through various notes that the filter (which includes sub-genres and tags in the equation) is going to alter here and there over time. We do not want a massive list of sub-genres because it can quickly get out of hand to just keep adding to it when a tag works perfectly fine to narrow a search in the filter.

Staff discuss tags and sub-genres for changes or additions and Anime Fandom is a largely popular genre compared to Video Games (based on usages of both these tags and other factors). While it may seem odd to you, we try and look at the filter objectively to determine what is a sub-genre and what is a tag on a variety of factors and discussions.

As it has been mentioned through various notes that the filter (which includes sub-genres and tags in the equation) is going to alter here and there over time. We do not want a massive list of sub-genres because it can quickly get out of hand to just keep adding to it when a tag works perfectly fine to narrow a search in the filter.

Staff discuss tags and sub-genres for changes or additions and Anime Fandom is a largely popular genre compared to Video Games (based on usages of both these tags and other factors). While it may seem odd to you, we try and look at the filter objectively to determine what is a sub-genre and what is a tag on a variety of factors and discussions.

Okay, sorry, I was just curious.

Okay, sorry, I was just curious.
I only mention this because this seems to be frequently brought up by you (this topic) so was covering it again. So I'm just repeating information, no need to apologize for being curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back