Anime & Manga Anime recommendations?

Miinu

Sooo, I've been out of the loop of anime for a super long time! I used to be OBSESSED when I was younger, however I've gotten so busy that I fell out of the loop.

What are some good anime's I should look into? Recent ones, since I've seen about all the old ones.

Yuri on ice is one that crashed tumblr, gogoanime and crunchyroll when its final episode aired. recommendmend it even if its not your thing. It was the opposite of my thing.

Otherwise, what are your usual interest?

Yuri on ice is one that crashed tumblr, gogoanime and crunchyroll when its final episode aired. recommendmend it even if its not your thing. It was the opposite of my thing.

Otherwise, what are your usual interest?

I usually enjoy lots of hardcore themes. Uhm... psychological and such. Right now I'm watching berserk, it's great. But I've seen YOI haha. Thanks, though!

Puella Magi Madoka Magica is a good one. It's a magical girl anime directed by Akiyuki Shinbo (He's known for dark anime. Not sure what all he's done, or if you've watched anything by him.). There's a lot of twists and turns, starting at the 3rd episode.
There are 12 episodes total, with 3 movies. The first two sums up the series (basically) and the third is a continuation. A concept trailer was released in... 2015, I believe?
It has amazing visuals and music though.

You might enjoy From the New World. It's a dystopian sci-fi series set in a future where humans have evolved psychic powers. It follows the main cast through various points in their life so you see them as kids, teenagers, and adults which is kind of unique. The show goes into a lot of detail about the society and the reason why things are the way they are and it gets pretty dark and bizarre at points.

You might enjoy From the New World. It's a dystopian sci-fi series set in a future where humans have evolved psychic powers. It follows the main cast through various points in their life so you see them as kids, teenagers, and adults which is kind of unique. The show goes into a lot of detail about the society and the reason why things are the way they are and it gets pretty dark and bizarre at points.

I LOVE THIS ANIME SOOOO MUCH!!! It's so damn good. I love how it was played out but it definitely got weird at some points. Anime such as that really does intrigue me!

Puella Magi Madoka Magica is a good one. It's a magical girl anime directed by Akiyuki Shinbo (He's known for dark anime. Not sure what all he's done, or if you've watched anything by him.). There's a lot of twists and turns, starting at the 3rd episode.
There are 12 episodes total, with 3 movies. The first two sums up the series (basically) and the third is a continuation. A concept trailer was released in... 2015, I believe?
It has amazing visuals and music though.
Mhmm. Imma second this one; it's a really unorthodox approach the magical girl genre.
And if you'd be into deconstructions, then Kill La Kill is also excellent.

Personally, I really enjoyed Bungou Stray Dogs. I think it has some pretty interesting characters, since the majority of them are based off of both Eastern and Western authors. For example, Edgar Allen Poe and John Steinbeck are a couple of characters that appear in the second season. However, they're not the main characters. The main character is a not-so-well-known author who originated from Japan, or so I've read. Aah. Did I mention that they have powers based on titles of their books?

>v> Pretty great stuff, if you ask me.

If you are into violence and such I definitely recommend Attack on Titan if you haven't already seen it. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is good too, but you may have seen that one since it is a little older.

There's a few that I really love.
From the new world is easily the best pure story in anime. The characters are lacking, but Jesus that plot. It's got this dark sense of evil that lies just under the service that's there from the jump. When you do start unraveling its secrets you understand how evil mankind is and how far it will go to save itself. It's not a happy tale, but it's amazing and the ending twist is a world rocking revelation.

Chihayafuru-
We go from lacking characters to a show that's entirely character driven. Chihayafuru loves its characters. For a cast that gets quite large they do a really good job of making each person feel fresh. It also using sports cliches masterfully. Come for the sorts action, stay for the high quality three dimensional characters.

I'd recommend Boku No Hero Academia!! It's super interesting, really fun to watch, has great characters, and a good plot!! Plus the animation is fantastic! It's pretty popular, so you may have already seen it, but if you haven't check it out!

if you like hardcore shit, RE:Zero was one my friend and i gotten into. it was really mellow at first but man after the first episode i just needed more of it. it gets pretty gore-y and weird, but i was all up for it. quite the wild ride.

basically it's about a shut-in from the modern world who gets transported into a fantasy world for some reason, and everytime he dies his whole life is reset up until a save point. loved the characters, concepts, fight scenes, and this weak-ass protagonist who was to rely on his peers to help him.

Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans- Easily one of the best series to come out of the Gundam franchise. A group of child soldiers on Mars take on the might of the earth alliance in a string of amazing mecha fights. Gritty and ruthless, even when things were going bad I kept getting pulled back.

Yuri On Ice, Tokyo Ghoul, and Princess Jellyfish are all amazing! If you like gore, Akame Ga Kill is your show! Literally everyone dies each episode. Also Sailor Moon is a classic! Sailor Moon Crystal is okay, but the animation is a bit strange.

The first ones that come to mind are psycho pass and terror in resonance/zankyou no terror.

If you like romance as well as action, and supernatural... I would recommend Kyoukai No Kanata (Beyond The Boundary) It is my favorite anime!! <3^33^

Legend of the Legendary Heroes is definitely a good, short series to watch if you have the time. And then there's Nichijou if you're looking for extreme humor.

I'd say it depends on what you like. If you're looking for romance/slice of life, Toradora is one of my all-time favorites. For action and "smartness", I'd say Code Geass is worth a shot. There's also My Hero Academia, which is one of my favorites in a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back