Anime & Manga Anime Power Scaling - Spongebob Squarepants

YoungX

Hue Master

Anime: Spongebob Squarepants

Spongebob Squarepants is a very influential anime about a talking yellow Sponge who works as a Fry Cook at the esteemed establishment known as the Krusty Krab.

The show mostly pertains to average 15 minute shorts pertaining to a particular kind of scenario which seems to be a standard nowadays with slice of life anime.

We'll be discussing the show's main protagonist: Spongebob Squarepants. Spongebob is a determined, hardworking and optimistic individual who brings happiness to the people he meets even to tsundere like Squidward.

People often tell of how Spongebob is actually one of the weaker protagonists in comparison to other characters such as Jimmy Neutron, who uses his extreme intelligence to build overpowered inventions and is able to breathe in space without a helmet.

Actually it's the reverse opposite: Spongebob is one of the stronger characters in not only the show but in anime. Let's look at one of his main traits: He is a sponge.

Sponges are basically material that is able to absorb liquid and is able to shoot it back out. Spongebob lives underwater and yet doesn't inflate. This is because Spongebob is passively choosing not to take in water. His ability of extreme control over his latent ability just shows how much training must've gone into refining his passive racial strength.

One of the show's more early arcs, The Legendary Spatula, presents one of the more overpowered beings: King Neptune. King Neptune is a deity that is responsible for the creation and ruling of the sea. This being helped create sponges which in turn means that he is essentially their King and GOD. In the arc, King Neptune is summoned once Spongebob pulled the Legendary Spatula out from it's holding.

Despite clear evidence and eye-witness reports, King Neptune does not believe that Spongebob was the one. This is because, as King Neptune explains, that Spongebob looks weak and frail. It is a known fact that Spongebob has low chakra reserves than most sea creatures. This fact is quite present during Sandy and Spongebob's first sparring session.

As a test, King Neptune challenges Spongebob to a cook-off to see who can make the most delicious patties. Spongebob accepts knowing that if he loses, he is stripped of his Fry Cook status for good.

While Spongebob appears to have support from others, almost every single one of them bet on King Neptune as they do not believe that a mortal can defeat a God. Even Mr. Krabs, Spongebob's boss, turns against him as he bets on King Neptune as well. Still our yellow protagonist [not racist] continues on with the support of his best friend Patrick, the only one who betted on him.

The match starts with King Neptune on the assault as he creates multiple patties at a time thanks to his extreme god-like chakra control. Long-time viewers of the show know that King Neptune was also the person who invented the sail, as seen in the episode, Nautical Novice.

Despite the later season's lackluster performance, this fact is still canon. King Neptune is a master of Wind Release as well as Water Release being his primary nature transformation. This means that he had an overwhelming advantage when using a Grill since the Grill already provides fire and all he needed was to flip multiple patties at once.

Meanwhile Spongebob is still preparing for one single Krabby Patty, which makes sense. Throughout the entire show, we have seen Spongebob usually cooking one Krabby Patty at a time unless he made multiple for training/special purposes.

With a lack of chakra reserves, Spongebob made up for it in his precise control as well as the hidden factor: His inherent usage in Senjutsu, which is natural energy. As a sponge, Spongebob is constantly soaking in Senjutsu from around him which made up for his lack of chakra. This is also part of the reason why he never soaks water passively, it was Senjutsu instead. All of the Senjutsu he has was being used to prepare this one special Krabby Patty, one whose power is far greater than Super Saiyan God.

We have to focus on the most important focal point of this cook-off: Spongebob was carefully attending to even the condiments and sides that go on it. Notice how King Neptune was simply making patties without even caring to look at each and every single one of them. This is basically the anime blatantly telling us the skill level of the fry-cooks.

At the end of the contest, King Neptune appears to be the winner by having the most patties, however as people start eating they become disgusted by it's taste and spit it out. King Neptune, enraged by this, asks what was wrong with it. He takes a patty and tries to eat it but is reluctant because of the audience. So instead he takes Spongebob's patty, thinking it won't be much special.

The patty was so delicious, that King Neptune used Edo Tensei to revive the patty in order to eat it again, despite the audience's disgust. This entire arc signifies Spongebob's latent power which was enough to defeat a God.

Another feature is near the end of the Spongebob Squarepants Movie where Spongebob taps into his Senjutsu and unveils his Sage Mode Transformation using the Gooby Goober Chakra that was inside of him. With this power, he was able to singlehandedly counter and nullify Plankton's ultimate Genjutsu: The Infinite Chum Bucket Tsukuyomi. With these abilities and the feats he has pulled off in the show, it should be clear that Spongebob is not weak.

Hopefully the newer seasons will redeem the treasure that was the early seasons of Spongebob.

Please give this a like and make sure to follow me for more anime analysis. Also leave a comment below.

Thank you.

Last edited:
I CANT READ THIS SHIT!!!!!!!!! CHANGE THE GOD DAMN TEXT COLOR!!!!!!!!!!!
jk its just really hard to read for me

I... I... I don't know what to say. This is probably the best show analysis I've ever read. At first I thought you were just spewing nonsense when you called Spongebob an anime... I need to redefine my word definitions.

well technically there is nothing wrong with it since anime is just japanese word for animation and yellow sponge is an animation :P

i've questioned my whole life why i'm still not complete

when i saw this, i was ready to die

You should analyze the deep, psychological, thought-provoking "sodium chloride" scene from Jimmino no Neutronbo next.

IMG_5105.PNG

This...This is pure Philosophical art. I cried to this. This made me reevaluate my tastes. You sir/ma'am have convinced me to become the proudest of Spongbob fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back