Anime & Manga Anime poll?

Oh boy where do I begin?

My favorite anime right now is the anime of my favorite video game series Danganronpa. I enjoy seeing my favorite characters from THH and SDR2 animated, as it helps me imagine what they would look like in a roleplay when moving around and talking and such. A lot of the voices weren't exactly accurate, but I did enjoy the anime nonetheless. I hope that the developers soon come out with a full anime for SDR2 and NDRV3 like they did with THH.

I also enjoy an anime called Carole & Tuesday. It's a Netflix original series anime that isn't very popular, but the things discussed and shown inside of it hit close to home, especially since I wanted to be a musician as a child and teenager, but ended up going down the career of writing and journalism. I also like Tuesday and Carole's character development, as well as Gus's and Roddy's, and Angela is slowly getting some as well.

Another one of my favorite animes is High Rise Invasion, another Netflix original series anime that I love dearly. While it is a very dark anime that is only for people who enjoy lots of gore, it did also have very funny scenes, and I find myself shipping Yuri with Mayuko far too much for my own good.

I also like about 200 different animes, but these are my favorite at the moment.

I like to say that I consume anime and manga in industrial amounts XD My absolute favorite is Re:creators, and others include Code Geass, Date Alive, Konosuba, Log Horizon, Madoka Magica and Ascendance of a Bookworm. I am also a big fan of the monogatari and fate series, and I loved a number of anime movies.

I need to make a proper list of my favorite anime and manga again in the near future, come to think of it haha.

I like anime but I haven't watched anything recently because the day only has 24 hours 🙃

My favorite would be Slayers, Gintama, Rurouni Kenshin Trust & Betrayal (OVA), Akatsuki no Yona, Saiunkoku Monogatari.
Please don't judge XD

Ok, so story time. For the longest time, I didn't watch anime. It was very different from what I was used to, and besides, I knew that some animes were violent or had inappropiate content, so during most of my childhood and teenage years, I avoided watching anime for that very reason. The only one I watched was Sonic X, mostly because of the Sonic characters, and because I didn't consider it an anime back then, for some reason.

But last year, I decided to give anime a try. I looked for mostly family-friendly animes, and I was surprised to find out that I was really missing out on a lot!

So my "gateway anime" was Squid Girl, or as it's called in japanese. Shinryaku! Ika Musume. Funny slice-of-life anime where the protagonist, Squid Girl or Ika Musume, a girl with squid powers who comes from the sea, arrives at the beach with plans on getting revenge on humanity for contaminating the ocean. She arrives at a beach restaurant run by 3 siblings, and upon trying to take over the restaurant to use it as her base, she breaks a hole in one of the walls, and is then forced to work as a waitress at the restaurant to pay for the repairs. I was hooked from episode 1. Ika Musume herself is a very fun character to watch as she explores and discovers what the human world is like, and tries to present herself as a big threat, even though no one seems to take her too seriously. Honestly, I think this was the best choice for me to be a gateway anime, and I definitely recommend it for anyone who has a history of watching a lot of cartoons and wants a fun and light-hearted anime to watch.

After watching Squid Girl, I introduced it to my brother, and he loved it as much as I did. In fact, after that he became the one who would go on to find more animes for us to watch. He eventually found a highschool slice-of-life anime called Azumanga Daioh, which is about a group of highschool friends and the funny adventures they live in their daily lives. The characters are each unique and funny in their own ways. My favorite of them has to be Chiyo-chan, a 10 year old girl that is a child prodigy who has skipped five grades, and thus, is a lot younger than the rest of the main cast. I can actually kind of relate to her since when I was in school I frequently spent time with older students, and sometimes even joined their classes on some occasions. But anyway, Azumanga Daioh is another funny and light-hearted anime that I enjoyed a lot, and I also recommend. It brought fond memories of my highschool years, so definitely a plus for anyone who is in highschool or has already finished highschool.

But currently I'm watching a third anime, called Himouto! Umaru-chan. Introduced to me by my brother just like Azumanga Daioh, Himouto Umaru-chan follows the story of a 16-year-old girl who when she's outside, she's a perfect girl, top student, mature, and excellent at everything she does, but when she arrives at home, she changes completely and becomes a lazy and childish girl who does nothing but sit playing games, watching anime, eating snacks and drinking soda. Only her older brother knows what she's actually like at home, compared to what she's like outside. It's a very funny anime, and honestly, this is the one anime that might actually beat Squid Girl as my favorite anime of them all. It's really fun to watch, and the character interactions are really what I love the most about this anime.

Those are the three animes I've watched since I started watching anime, and well, now I get why some people love anime so much. It's so much fun, all I had to do was find the right animes for me.

Now very funny, I actually did watch one more anime before my sudden revolution where I started watching anime. Back when I was a child, my mom would frequently talk to us about shows she watched during her childhood. One that she mentioned a lot as one of her favorites was called Candy Candy. We found it online when I was around the age of 12, and then, well, my mom would sit down with me and my siblings to watch it together from time to time. We'd binge-watch several episodes at a time, until we finished the whole series. It was only several years later that I realized that it's actually an anime. A realistic, slice-of-life anime. It's more dramatic and story-driven then the animes I've mentioned thus far, but was still very engaging in my opinion. It's about a girl that grows up in an orphanage along with her best friend, she eventually gets adopted, and well, I don't want to spoil much of the plot, because honestly there's so much that happens in the story. It basically follows her life from being a little girl all the way to adulthood, the different obstacles and challenges she faces, the friends she makes along the way, etc. It's an anime from the 70's, but I really enjoyed it. It's not as hyper and funny as the other animes I mentioned, but if you like something more story-driven and down-to-earth, I recommend giving it a shot.

So those are the main four animes I've watched so far. There are a few videogame related animes I've watched, such as Sonic X, Kirby Right Back at Ya and Pokemon (only a couple of episodes though). I'm still fairly new with anime, since I only started watching anime knowingly near the end of last year.

Ok, so story time. For the longest time, I didn't watch anime. It was very different from what I was used to, and besides, I knew that some animes were violent or had inappropiate content, so during most of my childhood and teenage years, I avoided watching anime for that very reason. The only one I watched was Sonic X, mostly because of the Sonic characters, and because I didn't consider it an anime back then, for some reason.

But last year, I decided to give anime a try. I looked for mostly family-friendly animes, and I was surprised to find out that I was really missing out on a lot!

So my "gateway anime" was Squid Girl, or as it's called in japanese. Shinryaku! Ika Musume. Funny slice-of-life anime where the protagonist, Squid Girl or Ika Musume, a girl with squid powers who comes from the sea, arrives at the beach with plans on getting revenge on humanity for contaminating the ocean. She arrives at a beach restaurant run by 3 siblings, and upon trying to take over the restaurant to use it as her base, she breaks a hole in one of the walls, and is then forced to work as a waitress at the restaurant to pay for the repairs. I was hooked from episode 1. Ika Musume herself is a very fun character to watch as she explores and discovers what the human world is like, and tries to present herself as a big threat, even though no one seems to take her too seriously. Honestly, I think this was the best choice for me to be a gateway anime, and I definitely recommend it for anyone who has a history of watching a lot of cartoons and wants a fun and light-hearted anime to watch.

After watching Squid Girl, I introduced it to my brother, and he loved it as much as I did. In fact, after that he became the one who would go on to find more animes for us to watch. He eventually found a highschool slice-of-life anime called Azumanga Daioh, which is about a group of highschool friends and the funny adventures they live in their daily lives. The characters are each unique and funny in their own ways. My favorite of them has to be Chiyo-chan, a 10 year old girl that is a child prodigy who has skipped five grades, and thus, is a lot younger than the rest of the main cast. I can actually kind of relate to her since when I was in school I frequently spent time with older students, and sometimes even joined their classes on some occasions. But anyway, Azumanga Daioh is another funny and light-hearted anime that I enjoyed a lot, and I also recommend. It brought fond memories of my highschool years, so definitely a plus for anyone who is in highschool or has already finished highschool.

But currently I'm watching a third anime, called Himouto! Umaru-chan. Introduced to me by my brother just like Azumanga Daioh, Himouto Umaru-chan follows the story of a 16-year-old girl who when she's outside, she's a perfect girl, top student, mature, and excellent at everything she does, but when she arrives at home, she changes completely and becomes a lazy and childish girl who does nothing but sit playing games, watching anime, eating snacks and drinking soda. Only her older brother knows what she's actually like at home, compared to what she's like outside. It's a very funny anime, and honestly, this is the one anime that might actually beat Squid Girl as my favorite anime of them all. It's really fun to watch, and the character interactions are really what I love the most about this anime.

Those are the three animes I've watched since I started watching anime, and well, now I get why some people love anime so much. It's so much fun, all I had to do was find the right animes for me.

Now very funny, I actually did watch one more anime before my sudden revolution where I started watching anime. Back when I was a child, my mom would frequently talk to us about shows she watched during her childhood. One that she mentioned a lot as one of her favorites was called Candy Candy. We found it online when I was around the age of 12, and then, well, my mom would sit down with me and my siblings to watch it together from time to time. We'd binge-watch several episodes at a time, until we finished the whole series. It was only several years later that I realized that it's actually an anime. A realistic, slice-of-life anime. It's more dramatic and story-driven then the animes I've mentioned thus far, but was still very engaging in my opinion. It's about a girl that grows up in an orphanage along with her best friend, she eventually gets adopted, and well, I don't want to spoil much of the plot, because honestly there's so much that happens in the story. It basically follows her life from being a little girl all the way to adulthood, the different obstacles and challenges she faces, the friends she makes along the way, etc. It's an anime from the 70's, but I really enjoyed it. It's not as hyper and funny as the other animes I mentioned, but if you like something more story-driven and down-to-earth, I recommend giving it a shot.

So those are the main four animes I've watched so far. There are a few videogame related animes I've watched, such as Sonic X, Kirby Right Back at Ya and Pokemon (only a couple of episodes though). I'm still fairly new with anime, since I only started watching anime knowingly near the end of last year.

Man, Squid Girl is one adorable anime. There was even an OVA recently. Heart-warming XD

Pfft, reminds me of a Story Time video on YouTube 😅

People with good tastes in here. Very nice.
My top 5: Asobi Asobase, Daily Lives of Highschool Boys, Hinamatsuri, D-Frag!, and Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-Kun.

Yes. I feed on comedy-oriented animes.

My favorites are MHA which is a superhero based anime and Kakegurui which is a gambling based anime. Always need one you can tell your parents about and one you’d be dead off they found out about

Gonna have to go with a old ones Rurouni Kenshin, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, and Fruits Basket.

My top 5 would have to be,
Fullmetal alchemist,
One piece,
Eureka seven,
Chrono crusade,
D. Gray man

I like to say that I consume anime and manga in industrial amounts XD My absolute favorite is Re:creators, and others include Code Geass, Date Alive, Konosuba, Log Horizon, Madoka Magica and Ascendance of a Bookworm. I am also a big fan of the monogatari and fate series, and I loved a number of anime movies.

I need to make a proper list of my favorite anime and manga again in the near future, come to think of it haha.
new here, how do i grow to share my original and fanfiction anime light novels?

Does anyone here likes anime? If so, what is your favorite anime(s)?
i write my own and fanfiction of other anime

new here, how do i grow to share my original and fanfiction anime light novels?

Um, I wouldn’t know I’m afraid. If you wanna share them, there is a writing section on RPN where you could can post your solo writing. But if you’re looking to advertise that’s not something you’re allowed to do here.

As for sharing and growing outside of RPN I wouldn’t know, but I think there are sites for that sort of stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back