What's new
  • If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Anime Isekai inspired medieval fantasy adventure in a sandbox world (always accepting participants)

Sub Genres
  1. Action
  2. Adventure
  3. Anime
  4. AU
  5. Magical
  6. Meta
  7. Mystery
  8. Romance
  9. Super Powers
  10. Supernatural

eloise

Isekai'ed Soul
Feel free but as you don't have description of what half or more of the skills do and how many points you have to work with to acquire them, I would perhaps ask some more questions before making the character. Otherwise, I'd suggest starting with character concept and then coming up with questions that may help you better achieve character goal or narrow down your choices.
As you said I've already started coming up with a character concept. An ambitious aspiring actress who was reincarnated into the body of a newborn peasant girl and comes to remember her previous life on the dawn of her 18th birthday. Would there be any skills related to acting? I feel some type of skills like that would fall in line with her previous job.

Novama

Does this refer to a week in game, or a week irl? The latter sounds like 1 point per actual day even if someone only posts once a week, and seems like it would take a looong time to get anywhere. The former means people would have to rush through days in order to get better skill-wise. I understand you and your mods would be monitoring stories and awarding points accordingly, but even that seems like it'd be arbitrarily decided unless everyone has a strict formula they have to follow.

Wouldn't a system like +5 points per post make a bit more sense? Thinking from a GM perspective, that's way less work for you and it still rewards active players without making them wait for mod decisions. It gives more freedom narratively as well, since if a skill takes 15 points to upgrade then the player knows their character would need to spend three posts working on it to achieve. Or a fight spans several posts and the character discovers after that one of their skills got better in the process.

Most of the skills seem pretty self explanatory. What amount of points would we be starting with for characters?

The example assumes real world week. There is a strict formula for awarding points so the points will not be mined ruthlessly or incentivize stupid posting (unless the whole rp is a tea party with zero merit). We cannot reward points per post as that would incentivize folks mass producing posts of little substance. We also want upgrades to happen when players get the rewards from cashing in quests. We do not want folks posting in never ending rp's that just pick up points as they go. If the point gain seems low, it's also to simulate the character gradually getting stronger over time as well as create a real opportunity cost in choosing what skills to grab. If any character could pick up any skill without feeling the sting of using his last point to get it, then the characters may all start looking similar: everyone grab a healing spell, fly skill, strong attack, etc etc.

The exact amount of starting points has yet to be determined. Knowing the sorts of characters folks have in mind though, we are trying to price things appropriately so no one feels completely off at the start with next to none of their original concept intact. So far we have a goblin, lizard,...i think someone was saying something about flying with wind magic. there was an alchemist type that wanted to use chemicals perhaps. As you can imagine, considering how each will achieve the beginning level character will be important in determining starting points. As a ball park 42 points is rough estimation currently. skills and or equipment like armor and weapons require stats. so starting pool would be to let the user bump up a stat or more, unlock some basic skills that would then let them tailor their character's abilities and/or equip them.

Novama

so if I need years of IC time to develope my goblin as she grows up into an adult, but say.... 3 world events go by in that time and I'm still working on her childhood, how does that effect her? Especially if I've met other player characters that would advance their time according to the world events.

If you want to follow system and world setting, then she'll age when the world says. If you want to ignore system and do a forever rp, then she can age whenever you like. However, i wouldn't play a child goblin to begin with. An adolescent or adult monster character that has yet to fully come into their own between learned skills and racial abilities is probably a better starting place as it relies less on time passage and more on life experiences.

Murdergurl

will turn your insides into your outsides
If you want to follow system and world setting, then she'll age when the world says. If you want to ignore system and do a forever rp, then she can age whenever you like. However, i wouldn't play a child goblin to begin with. An adolescent or adult monster character that has yet to fully come into their own between learned skills and racial abilities is probably a better starting place as it relies less on time passage and more on life experiences.
Well, i would start her older, but your system requires that I develope her abilities like regeneration and magic resistance over time. Same would go with her growing her dominance over the other goblins in her clan. Since she is born as a horned goblin ( a rare subspecies of goblin), then I would have to start her off a s a child in order to develope her into a horned goblin when she hits adolescence. That is, unless you'll allow me to simply start her off as an adolescent already having those abilities. They aren't skills developed with experience. they are genetically inherent.

Novama

As you said I've already started coming up with a character concept. An ambitious aspiring actress who was reincarnated into the body of a newborn peasant girl and comes to remember her previous life on the dawn of her 18th birthday. Would there be any skills related to acting? I feel some type of skills like that would fall in line with her previous job.
I'd recommend Performance, disguise, and Culture skills. Performance is obvious enough in that it's part of acting or otherwise entertaining. Disguise would likely be relevant for costumes and makeup. Culture cus it would make you aware of the arts and perhaps cultural trends as they pertain to the arts.

Novama

Well, i would start her older, but your system requires that I develope her abilities like regeneration and magic resistance over time. Same would go with her growing her dominance over the other goblins in her clan. Since she is born as a horned goblin ( a rare subspecies of goblin), then I would have to start her off a s a child in order to develope her into a horned goblin when she hits adolescence. That is, unless you'll allow me to simply start her off as an adolescent already having those abilities. They aren't skills developed with experience. they are genetically inherent.
In keeping with the isekai theme, races in this setting evolve after obtaining sufficient power. You do not start off as a horned goblin. You might not even start off as a goblin if you don't spend your points that way. Perhaps as some little green creature that acts as a precursor to goblins. Regardless, the character will evolve into a horned goblin when she has obtained all the necessary prerequisites for her race. She could be 3 or should could be 200. Whenever she gets those skills for whatever reason she'll be eligible for that title and evolve when she equips it. In this way, you are not beholden to the world time to allow you to achieve your character ideals.

Murdergurl

You do not start off as a horned goblin. You might not even start off as a goblin if you don't spend your points that way. Perhaps as some little green creature that acts as a precursor to goblins.
Sooo... a snotling? lol (Warhammer reference)

In keeping with the isekai theme, races in this setting evolve after obtaining sufficient power. You do not start off as a horned goblin. You might not even start off as a goblin if you don't spend your points that way. Perhaps as some little green creature that acts as a precursor to goblins. Regardless, the character will evolve into a horned goblin when she has obtained all the necessary prerequisites for her race. She could be 3 or should could be 200. Whenever she gets those skills for whatever reason she'll be eligible for that title and evolve when she equips it. In this way, you are not beholden to the world time to allow you to achieve your character ideals.
Right. I get that. Which is why I'd have to start off RPing her as a child (gobling). So that I could gain the "points" I would need to have her be a horned goblin by the time she hits adolescence. With this system you have in place, I am having to build this character from the ground up into what I'd like her to be. I have to start from her beginnings.

This will require quite a bit of effort on my end to achieve this. And I don't mind the effort. But that effort also requires time. Time both in-game and irl. I don't have the availability to post a bunch of times in one day, or even every day. And I don't rush my storyline in lieu of that. So developing this child into the adult form I want her to be will require her to be in a considerably slower timelapse than what the other players are likely to be doing. Not their fault, not my fault. But it does present a problem with continuity and interacting with the other PCs. And since I'm not a GM, mod, or co-founder of this RP... it shouldn't fall on me to "figure it out", so to speak.

Last edited:

Novama

Sooo... a snotling? lol (Warhammer reference)

Right. I get that. Which is why I'd have to start off RPing her as a child (gobling). So that I could gain the "points" I would need to have her be a horned goblin by the time she hits adolescence. Since I am having to build this character from the ground up into what I'd like her to be, I have to start from her beginnings.

This will require quite a bit of effort on my end to achieve this. And I don't mind the effort. But that effort also requires time. Time both in-game and irl. I'm not the type to post a bunch of times in one day, or even every day. And I don't rush my storyline. So developing this child into the adult form I want her to be will require her to be in a considerably slower timelapse than what everyone else is likely to be doing. Not their fault, not my fault. But it does present a problem with continuity. And since I'm not a GM, mod, or co-founder of this RP... it shouldn't fall on me to "figure it out", so to speak.

Simple solution: I give you permission to tell folks that would create a time anomaly in your rp they cannot join it.

Murdergurl

Simple solution: I give you permission to tell folks that would create a time anomaly in your rp they cannot join it.
so essentially... I'm going to RP by myself, or anyone that leaves my timeline to go off on their own to progress at their own timelapse is gone forever? Sounds broken

Murdergurl

Not really, it's a problem that I think every RP that wants to have multiple players roaming around on individual quests faces. How do you keep everyone on the same timeline? You can't have some people doing "forever RP" while others are following a specific timeline and then just ignore the fact that time is passing for everyone at considerably different rates. Thats a mess

Novama

Not really, it's a problem that I think every RP that wants to have multiple players roaming around on individual quests faces. How do you keep everyone on the same timeline? You can't have some people doing "forever RP" while others are following a specific timeline and then just ignore the fact that time is passing for everyone at considerably different times. Thats a mess

Your input has been noted. However, I fail to see how this will be an actual issue. Your goblin is taking an isolationist approach. If she was actually going on adventures with the other characters, I imagine the time would flow just fine. Unlikely for the characters to seek out the unknown goblin in the unknown layer for rp. This means the only rp's where the characters would gather would likely be world events (short and sweet so no time issues there) or in rp's where you guys establish the terms under which you meet and for how long (any anomalies cause would be agreed to in advance). Would seem unlikely for there to be any meaningful issues.

Chinchia

Fickle
If she was actually going on adventures with the other characters, I imagine the time would flow just fine. Unlikely for the characters to seek out the unknown goblin in the unknown layer for rp. This means the only rp's where the characters would gather would likely be world events (short and sweet so no time issues there) or in rp's where you guys establish the terms under which you meet and for how long (any anomalies cause would be agreed to in advance). Would seem unlikely for there to be any meaningful issues.
To be fair, Lizzy will be there in the caves as well. Between the two of them I'm sure they'd be able to figure something out.

Personally I'm curious about what classes as a world event, and how they work to push time forward. Is there a time-skip immediately after? Will characters be required to interact with the problem, and who would be running them in the first place?

Novama

To be fair, Lizzy will be there in the caves as well. Between the two of them I'm sure they'd be able to figure something out.

Personally I'm curious about what classes as a world event, and how they work to push time forward. Is there a time-skip immediately after? Will characters be required to interact with the problem, and who would be running them in the first place?
World events will be rps exclusively ran by mods. They will involve scenarios that will be the catalyst to world change. Time may or might not change as a result. Characters will not be required to act.

Chinchia

Fickle
Novama Novama
Will the RP start only after the mods have all introduced themselves? Do you have any sort of timeline for how long it might be until character sheets/IC thread are available—a week, several weeks, a month? The system you have planned is impressive, but it sounds like it will be a long time before anything is finalised.

Novama

Novama Novama
Will the RP start only after the mods have all introduced themselves? Do you have any sort of timeline for how long it might be until character sheets/IC thread are available—a week, several weeks, a month? The system you have planned is impressive, but it sounds like it will be a long time before anything is finalised.
I'm a nova of action. Give me a week. Launch won't be perfect, but a project polished forever will be of use to non one.

That said, i intent to start getting threads up and linking them together during that time so you guys will see it take shape.

As for mods, my helper has become busy with holiday lately. I'll not rely on his introduction as much as on his backend help for now. I'm nearly always reachable though so it will not be a problem. My other helpers will not be mods. They would rather just work on system and play in it than hold any mod authority.

Novama

With that said:
Openings have appeared for mods of this rp world. Mods would be responsible for
1. system modifications
2. Rules enforcement
3. Question answering
4. Thread grading
5. World updating
6. Newb helping
7. Rp running in the event someone is alone and i can't.

Any volunteers may contact me. Discord use is a bonus. Right now we dont need many mods as interest is still minimal, but now is a great time for training since things aren't particularly hectic.

Additional mods are not necessary for the start and maintenance of the rp. They would just be nice in better meeting the needs of the players and easing my work load.

Novama

When i make the ooc thread, ill be using that one for communication rather than this interest check

Murdergurl

Wow, quiet in here. Guess everyone took a break.
I pretty much got answers to all the questions I had. The rest is pretty much just seeing how it all works out in practice. Just waiting on a finalized CS at this point, so I can fill it out.

Users who are viewing this thread