What's new
  • If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Anime Isekai inspired medieval fantasy adventure in a sandbox world (always accepting participants)

Sub Genres
  1. Action
  2. Adventure
  3. Anime
  4. AU
  5. Magical
  6. Meta
  7. Mystery
  8. Romance
  9. Super Powers
  10. Supernatural

Murdergurl

will turn your insides into your outsides
Most isekai uses medieval fantasy setting. Few fling characters into a scifi or modern setting.
I wouldn't know, tbh. I've never done an isekai RP, as they seem to all lean heavily on anime tropes. (I'm not a big fan of anime in general)
This will be my first one.

eloise

Isekai'ed Soul
Most isekai uses medieval fantasy setting. Few fling characters into a scifi or modern setting.
Yep! So unless it was especially made clear it was a sci-fi or modern setting I always assume an isekai has a medieval fantasy setting.

Novama

What would folks like to learn about our rp today?
A few things we could talk about today:
1. Races of the characters and world.
2. The points system in general and the overall flow of how it will work and the way points are used
3. Setting locations, points of interest, activities within the world.
4. The title mechanic. What they are, how they are earned, what they are good for.

Murdergurl

2. The points system in general and the overall flow of how it will work and the way points are used
4. The title mechanic. What they are, how they are earned, what they are good for.
Hmmm... I already talked about the race im interested in with ya ;-)
err, the points system I'll figure out once the RP starts and I have to use it. Because as we discussed before, I will be avoiding using stats as often as possible. So points and awards and "leveling up" is not something I concern myself over. Neither am I concerned over "titles" as I do not intend to play as any kind of noble

But let's talk about settings! Could I make my own setting? I don't mean like an entire region, or even a city. But what if I wanted a goblin cave hidden somewhere out in the wilderness?
I have a map I made and everything!

Last edited:

eloise

Isekai'ed Soul
Oo I'm interested in 4! I think this aspect will be extremely relevant for me.

Ian Temero

Knight of Swords
Um… can I pick option 5: all of the above? :grinningteeth:

I’m kidding. Hm… if I had to pick one… it would be the point system. The sooner I understand the mechanics the sooner I can make a character.

But, since that would make a 3 way tie, I’m also interested in the titles. The setting and characters are less important to me since our isekai characters probably won’t know about these anyways.

Novama

Here, at isekai hell, we aim to give the folks what they want. I'll be addressing all the specifically requested points in the next hour or so. Give me time to type.

Novama

Titles
They are an extra system we created to give the players a greater roleplay presence in the world. Title control [racial evolution], roleplay opportunities, and how the character is perceived/received in the world. Titles are acquired through obtaining certain skills and reaching certain Grades within those skills.

Racial Evolution - while covered more in 'playable races', Titles can grant a player character racial status. In the beginning, your race is a very bland and basic status and perhaps your first title. Just enough to explain loosely what your character image represents, but nothing specialized. As you acquire more skills an abilities that further differentiates you from the base classification, you'll acquire the title of a superior or more niche race in the tree of the racial descriptor you started in.
Ex: a faefolk that has acquired superior hearing and skill with a bow might seize the title of [Elf], thus evolving themselves into an elf or clarifying the type of faefolk they were. With that change comes all the roleplay advantages and other elements associated with being an elf in the setting. Those that hate elves might now view you poorly. Elven allies and elves themselves may see you in a better light. This would also line you up to achieve even greater titles relevant to the elven tree like high elf or eladrin among others.

Roleplay Opportunities - while somwhat hinted on by the racial evolution description, having specific titles opens up more roleplay opportunities. At the beginning, you will have next to no titles and be mostly an unknown in the world with perhaps a few exceptions. In that case, you are unlikely to roleplay a meeting with the king or head of a merchant conglomerate. However, that may change if you were to acquire the title of [Hero] or perhaps start your own business and acquire the title of [Business Man] or [Beginner Merchant]. Your titles justify the shenanigans you may get up to as they suggest your character has gained that level of influence and ability in the world.

World Perception - How the world perceives you may change with new or multiple titles equipped to character. While racial evolution is a very prominant and obvious change, some are more subtle. [Swordmaster] may gain your recognition in the Arena towns and cities with prominent martial dojos. [Sage] may grant you access to the most private of libraries and archives. [ArchCardinal] may be regularly flocked by the masses in hopes of a wise word, blessing, or prayer. etc....Some of these examples would be up to you to roleplay and justify through your title. In some case, the world rp may make use of them. A world rp that makes use of a national tournament may grant those with [Swordmaster] title special access. Or perhaps a meeting of the Nobility to announce the next king will require the presence of those with [Noble] titles.

Multiple titles may be acquired and/or equipped at one time. Changing titles equipped is possible, but generally not in the middle of a roleplay where the title has impact and/or is referenced.

Novama

Hmmm... I already talked about the race im interested in with ya ;-)
err, the points system I'll figure out once the RP starts and I have to use it. Because as we discussed before, I will be avoiding using stats as often as possible. So points and awards and "leveling up" is not something I concern myself over. Neither am I concerned over "titles" as I do not intend to play as any kind of noble

But let's talk about settings! Could I make my own setting? I don't mean like an entire region, or even a city. But what if I wanted a goblin cave hidden somewhere out in the wilderness?
I have a map I made and everything!
Since your character is intended to be a native of the world rather than a transmigrated person, it stands to reason a goblin would have a goblin hord that birthed them assuming they weren't wiped out by the adventurers already. That being the case you would be free to define the cave and assume it is in some element of the wilderness.

It would be my preference the dwelling would be in the wilderness closest to the other characters' starting points to increase chances of contact.

Murdergurl

Since your character is intended to be a native of the world rather than a transmigrated person, it stands to reason a goblin would have a goblin hord that birthed them assuming they weren't wiped out by the adventurers already. That being the case you would be free to define the cave and assume it is in some element of the wilderness.

It would be my preference the dwelling would be in the wilderness closest to the other characters' starting points to increase chances of contact.
basically yeah, a home cave with brood mothers and all that. Far enough away from civilization so as not to find themselves a constant target for eradication, but close enough so that they arent trekking for weeks to find any travelers to waylay on the roads.

Novama

basically yeah, a home cave with brood mothers and all that. Far enough away from civilization so as not to find themselves a constant target for eradication, but close enough so that they arent trekking for weeks to find any travelers to waylay on the roads.
Something to note is that your family's numbers and strength will be particularly low. If a goblin slayer esque adventurer comes while you are weak they will likely wipe out most of those and the family. It will fall specifically to you to grow your family's numbers and their strength. Simply role-playing that they are strong and numerous from the start would be an unfair advantage.

Murdergurl

Something to note is that your family's numbers and strength will be particularly low. If a goblin slayer esque adventurer comes while you are weak they will likely wipe out most of those and the family. It will fall specifically to you to grow your family's numbers and their strength. Simply role-playing that they are strong and numerous from the start would be an unfair advantage.
noted. But since I am not wanting to have to control some handful of characters potentially growing into 30+ individuals, what degree of NPCing is required to accomplish this? How much need be directly roleplayed, and how much need be simply implied?

Novama

noted. But since I am not wanting to have to control some handful of characters potentially growing into 30+ individuals, what degree of NPCing is required to accomplish this? How much need be directly roleplayed, and how much need be simply implied?
The goblins specifically under your command can be faceless nameless meat sacks willing to follow orders to death. They can be as easy to control and direct as you are capable of managing them. perhaps you group them into squads once they get to that 30 mark. Maybe you sort them by their skills. However, you would be responsible for rp'ing them. Any beyond the specific numbers you control in the horde would be similar to your controlled goblins (cannon fodder), but would be determined and directed by whoever is authoring that particular rp. If you are running it, then you call it. If a mod or other player is running it, they decide and would control however many they created.

Murdergurl

The goblins specifically under your command can be faceless nameless meat sacks willing to follow orders to death. They can be as easy to control and direct as you are capable of managing them. perhaps you group them into squads once they get to that 30 mark. Maybe you sort them by their skills. However, you would be responsible for rp'ing them. Any beyond the specific numbers you control in the horde would be similar to your controlled goblins (cannon fodder), but would be determined and directed by whoever is authoring that particular rp. If you are running it, then you call it. If a mod or other player is running it, they decide and would control however many they created.
aweseomsauce. Thank you for clarifying :-)

Novama

Points System - By which all else runs

Points are the central point of the system. They are its currency and what you will use to:
  • Upgrade Stats
  • Buy Skills
  • Upgrade Skills
  • Buy specific types of equipment
  • Trade goods and services with other members
Acquiring Points
To get points, you don't have to do much at first. All characters start with a limited pool of points to customize their character. All new characters start with the same number of starting points at this time. After spending your starting points or saving them away for later, you might ask 'what now?'.

The easiest way to get points is to start an rp with a mod or other members of the community. Set a simple and easily achievable goal for the rp. Then simply roleplay as you usually do or as allowed by the group you are rp'ing with. Assuming the rp is focused on the goal and everyone is posting, you may finish the rp in a week or a +month. If your rp is stretching into several months or a year, you have made a mistake somewhere. This finished rp may then be submitted to the mods of this world and system. One of them will grade the rp and reward points. Earning points is as simple as posting. Assuming you are an active member of the rp, you will likely all exit the rp with the same number of points as a reward. Other rewards are for another topic.

So you have finished your first rp in the setting and have acquired more points, now what? Like with the character creation, those points may then be slotted how you like. One suggestion is to slot the points in accordance to what happened in your rp. Perhaps you were chopping a lot of trees. Maybe you then acquired a lumberjack skill or increased strength as a consequence. It's up to you how the points are spent and how that connects with the narrative for the character. It could also be assumed the character has trained or otherwise practiced between rp's to achieve skills that were perhaps not relevant during the previous rp.

Selling Services
Another way to get points may be to use some of your skills to produce items and offer them to other players. Or perhaps they would like your character's strength on a mission they are going on. While players should rp in the rp's they want to, the added point service may provide narrative reason while an otherwise overpowered character is going on a relatively simple mission with weaker characters.

Scrapping aka Scooping
Perhaps you hate your character. You went wrong somewhere and just need to start over. You can kill off your character or perhaps do a video game style reset. Their accrued points may then be rolled into a new character. Scooped characters are permanently beyond the reach of the player. Only mod staff may make use of the character again if they wish.

What if I don't care about points and don't wanna deal with it?
In the event someone joins the rp for the people or the setting and the ability to rp what they like, welcome, but know that missing points means the character will always be on the weaker side in the world. It may become difficult finding other characters to rp with if their rp'ers are not in it for the same reasons. It is suggested that goals of rp'ers be considered when grouping up to rp. That said, if you want to make a forever rp where you just narrate the adventures of your weak character and do not require the world narrative to change or to have the rp graded, be our guest.

Novama

Country = Protectorate of Ryke
Sporting several rivers, some of which are massive in size, the country is rich in plant life and animals. Most of the country is covered in temperate decidious forests. A few of the water ways are encased in temperate rainforest. Surrounded on all sides by powerful nations larger than they are, the protectorate of Ryke walks a narrow line of neutrality and diplomacy. A series of mostly wise rulers has allowed for the country to see a boom in trade and culture as it acts as the buffer zone between the 3 countries that surround it as well as countries from even further away thanks to intercontinental waterways.

To the far east of the country there is hill country mostly covered in Tiagas with a few Tundra areas.

Population - <1,000,000
The small country unsurprisingly has a smaller population than the kingdoms and empires it sits by. Most of the populate are humans with a healthy amount of faefolk like the elves, dwarves, and others. To a lesser degree, but notable, there are also many of the Beastfolk. Lizardmen and Predator feline species being fairly abundant among their number.

Capital - Ryken
A city built and kept alive by the countries largest river: Kabnak, it sees several tons of goods flowing in and out of its ports on a regular basis. It is by far the most prosperous city in the country and where most of the nobility reside. The massive palace of the royal family sits overall and is able to survey the lifeline of the city and country with ease: its water and road ways. Despite being the capital of a protectorate, what the city and country lacks in military might, it makes up for with its wealth. Making money enough from trade to rival other nations, the country is able to afford its talented Adventurers and mercenaries.

Religion - Many
As a melting pot for several cultures and peoples from the country and those beyond, the religious beliefs of many a people have seeped into the country. As such, the country and cities have taken an open minded approach to most beliefs. However, there is an active effort by zealots of a few orders to proselytize to the country's more savage populations. Citizens and Sentient monster folk are regularly engaged by the zealots to try and convert them from their believes to ones of the broader and more tolerate beliefs of the cities.

Most characters start in this country. Their starts will vary. Some will be born to simple households and become aware, if they weren't already, of their past life in another world. Some will spawn in the middle of a street or wilderness. Some may awaken to dark caves deep in forests. Others still may descend upon the world from the sky like the heroes they were summoned to be.

Starting Narration
All characters will have been isekaied to this world to [save] it. What that means and how they will go about it will be up to them. To aid them in the task, [god] has blessed them with the retention of their meta knowledge (for those that wish to utilize it), and the ability to recognize and know many things on sight. The greatest gift received is the one that allows them to grow and learn more rapidly than the general populous. Starting at the bottom, they will need all the advantages they can get.

Chinchia

Fickle
I've been lurking around and this does seem like fun! Giving major 'Im a spider, so what?' vibes which is one of my all time favs. I'll have a lot more time after the next week and a half, so I'd be happy throwing my hat in the ring.

Questions then; can I go with someone 'isekaid' in their own world? Maybe due to a glitch the gods pull someone out of the wrong pool and they get shoved into the body of a lizard. For ease of interaction I could make it so their brood is born in the same caves as Murdergurl Murdergurl 's goblin character. As long as they don't get eaten straight off the bat it'd be an area with plenty of challenges. I was also considering a further plotline with the character trying to take down a corrupt family in the village where they used to live, who may or may not have been indirectly responsible for the character's death in the first place.

Was also wondering when we get to meet the mods? It sounds like you have some people in mind already which is pretty impressive. Would we ask for their approval on points on the OOC thread? And do we mostly come up with our own titles and extra skills or do those get assigned?

Murdergurl

I've been lurking around and this does seem like fun! Giving major 'Im a spider, so what?' vibes which is one of my all time favs. I'll have a lot more time after the next week and a half, so I'd be happy throwing my hat in the ring.

Questions then; can I go with someone 'isekaid' in their own world? Maybe due to a glitch the gods pull someone out of the wrong pool and they get shoved into the body of a lizard. For ease of interaction I could make it so their brood is born in the same caves as Murdergurl Murdergurl 's goblin character. As long as they don't get eaten straight off the bat it'd be an area with plenty of challenges. I was also considering a further plotline with the character trying to take down a corrupt family in the village where they used to live, who may or may not have been indirectly responsible for the character's death in the first place.

Was also wondering when we get to meet the mods? It sounds like you have some people in mind already which is pretty impressive. Would we ask for their approval on points on the OOC thread? And do we mostly come up with our own titles and extra skills or do those get assigned?
Having a pet animal companion, talking lizard that swears it's been reincarnated from another world would be pretty comical, and fit right in to the tongue-in-cheek narrative style I plan on going with. Seeing as how my goblin is not isekai'd, it would be interesting conversations between the two, with the lizard having more insight than the goblin about the world around them. lmao

Novama

Welcome to the show.

As far as meeting the folks i intend to have helping me, I left it to them to post themselves but they will be named one way or another when things officially start. Most are from another site so im still getting their usernames for this one since we will be running it here. Also correct, they will be able to give approval and answer questions if i cant.

Yes, you may be lizard isekai. Good luck. Great thinking leveraging goblin base.

Titles will have a few setup for you guys to consider shooting for but i imagine most will come from member suggestions as their characters reach certain points in development or rp narrative.
[Superior Lizard Brain] title.

Skills are far more flexible and dynamic. Most things folks can think of will be covered. We are open to suggestions o n them too, but we are confident several concepts will be achieved through the list we have compiled.

Users who are viewing this thread