What's new
  • If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Anime Isekai inspired medieval fantasy adventure in a sandbox world (always accepting participants)

Sub Genres
  1. Action
  2. Adventure
  3. Anime
  4. AU
  5. Magical
  6. Meta
  7. Mystery
  8. Romance
  9. Super Powers
  10. Supernatural

Novama

Seeing if there is any interest in the community for an rp where rpers create orginal characters using a simple but flexible system. The setting will be a vast and trope filled medieval world of magic and wonder. Characters will be able to grow and develop in various ways to achieve near godly heights of power and/or political influence from the most humble origins.

If you would like to join our community, please post here or otherwise alert me to your interest. I can answer all questions and can post up additional details as certain questions become common.

In short, the rp will aim to be the answer to most peoples' desire to have their own isekai or general fantasy adventure.

Update

Our rp has gone live. Please check us out and join in on the fun. We are a lively and flexible community that would enjoy you joining us. Everything you need will be linked to from that ooc post link below (links to other rp critical threads will be at the top of the linked one):

Last edited:

eloise

Isekai'ed Soul
Isekai soul indeed. Isekai is obviously a vast genre. Any elements of it that you are particularly interest in roleplaying?
Quite the observer you are good person! Hm this is a hard question for me but I guess I would say the adventuring / aristocratic (I read shoujo isekai mangas hehe) side to it

Novama

Quite the observer you are good person! Hm this is a hard question for me but I guess I would say the adventuring / aristocratic (I read shoujo isekai mangas hehe) side to it
The adventuring side of the rp is a given. We do have aristocratic plans in mind though. We are currently planning a low start where no character begins as a noble or aristocrat. However, through achievement or specific story events characters can gain land and or peerage.

Are you interested in the romance side where you might marry into peerage and/ or climb the ladder through politics and seduction?

eloise

Isekai'ed Soul
The adventuring side of the rp is a given. We do have aristocratic plans in mind though. We are currently planning a low start where no character begins as a noble or aristocrat. However, through achievement or specific story events characters can gain land and or peerage.

Are you interested in the romance side where you might marry into peerage and/ or climb the ladder through politics and seduction?
I see! So far everything seems pretty fair and I'm liking it.

I'd definitely be interested in doing that!!! I've never played a social climber type character and can't say I'll be good at all but I'm willing to give it a shot!

Novama

I see! So far everything seems pretty fair and I'm liking it.

I'd definitely be interested in doing that!!! I've never played a social climber type character and can't say I'll be good at all but I'm willing to give it a shot!
That's part of the beauty: you are first and foremost incharge of character path as opposed to random fate. If you want your character to play a more social game you can and we can facilitate. Or perhaps you get bored of that or decide you dont like, we can flip back to adventure or something else.

Novama

Magic, monsters, adventure, and the ability to make a difference.
It is planned that in addition to basic adventuring and personal interests, there are world events that the characters can participate in for bonus rewards and story impact. Those quests will have increased risk to characters however.

eloise

Isekai'ed Soul
That's part of the beauty: you are first and foremost incharge of character path as opposed to random fate. If you want your character to play a more social game you can and we can facilitate. Or perhaps you get bored of that or decide you dont like, we can flip back to adventure or something else.
It's great that there are different paths I can take if I so wish to! For now, I'm pretty interested in the political aspect. How do I get started?

Novama

It's great that there are different paths I can take if I so wish to! For now, I'm pretty interested in the political aspect. How do I get started?
For now, stay tuned to this thread. We are actively fleshing out parts of the system and constructing the threads that will be used for the system. Updates will be put here or messaged to you directly as they happen.

Also feel free to mention other ideas and requests for what you might like so it can be considered.

eloise

Isekai'ed Soul
For now, stay tuned to this thread. We are actively fleshing out parts of the system and constructing the threads that will be used for the system. Updates will be put here or messaged to you directly as they happen.

Also feel free to mention other ideas and requests for what you might like so it can be considered.
Alright will be keeping an eye out!

Murdergurl

will turn your insides into your outsides
reading up on all the stuff you're promising, it sounds rather in depth and complicated. How are you planning to run all this on the site? Like, with all the variances, how would we all be able to be participating in the same story? Say for instance, I wanted to be a goblin marauder, out waylaying the roads and living in the wilds.
She would be hated by most other races, and pretty much banned from any cities. But another person wants to RP as one of your aristocrats with all the political intrigue of their station, primarily set within the walls of their fiefdom and provinces. How possibly would those two interact?

Last edited:

Murdergurl

Which part(s) would you say you are most interested in?
I guess what I'm trying to say is: I'm interested. The character I had in mind, and the dynamic I would seek out, would be one of banditry and violence, outside of civilized society. Barbaric, savage, brutal, cunning... thieving and murderous band of creatures (very likely goblins or some kind of undead thrall) that are very much NOT your hero or even anti-hero types. Blatant villains. Romance and politics are something I very much want to avoid. Would that fit in to your system?

Last edited:

Novama

reading up on all the stuff you're promising, it sounds rather in depth and complicated. How are you planning to run all this on the site? Like, with all the variances, how would we all be able to be participating in the same story? Say for instance, I wanted to be a goblin marauder, out waylaying the roads and living in the wilds.
She would be hated by most other races, and pretty much banned from any cities. But another person wants to RP as one of your aristocrats with all the political intrigue of their station, primarily set within the walls of their fiefdom and provinces. How possibly would those two interact?
Good question. The answer may be less desirable but the dact of the matter is an isekai journey is largely an individual one. What this means is that rather than everyone forcing their ideals into a single thread, those of like minds or those with mutual cause will group up for a time, perhaps in a single rp or multiple and then go their own ways as their own narrative dictates.

In the example of the goblin marauder and the humanoid aristocrat, the 2 characters may meet in common cause against an imposing lord or antagonistic force. Or they may meet and are at odds in a more pvp flavored thread like goblin raid on noble carriage. But when their reason for being in the same thread disappears they will part.

World event rps will be ones that typically try to impact everyone so there will be moments where evryone could plausibly come together. But the majority of the time your character and you the rper will be deciding thr company you keep in this big world.

Multiple characters is an option as well. Assuming you wish to play with your friend but you can't think of a good reason to bring character x into things, you can bring character y in.

I know some rps stick evryone in the same thread and just tell grouos to mention each other, but that can get a little unwieldy. Seperate rps all linking back to the same character roster and world setting would be a likely move to handle the potential many characters with varied interests to develop and tell their stories.

Novama

I guess what I'm trying to say is: I'm interested. The character I had in mind, and the dynamic I would seek out, would be one of banditry and violence, outside of civilized society. Barbaric, savage, brutal, cunning... thieving and murderous band of creatures (very likely goblins or some kind of undead thrall) that are very much NOT your hero or even anti-hero types. Blatant villains. Romance and politics are something I very much want to avoid. Would that fit in to your system?
Yes, this mode of play works. What's more, antagonists are a necessary component to any world where some have the goal of being heroes.

Murdergurl

Good question. The answer may be less desirable but the dact of the matter is an isekai journey is largely an individual one. What this means is that rather than everyone forcing their ideals into a single thread, those of like minds or those with mutual cause will group up for a time, perhaps in a single rp or multiple and then go their own ways as their own narrative dictates.

In the example of the goblin marauder and the humanoid aristocrat, the 2 characters may meet in common cause against an imposing lord or antagonistic force. Or they may meet and are at odds in a more pvp flavored thread like goblin raid on noble carriage. But when their reason for being in the same thread disappears they will part.

World event rps will be ones that typically try to impact everyone so there will be moments where evryone could plausibly come together. But the majority of the time your character and you the rper will be deciding thr company you keep in this big world.

okay, so basically, single characters will intermingle back and forth without being on any unifying mission. That sounds great, in theory. Except I've been on a lot of Discord RP groups that function like this, and more often than not, I just wind up RPing alone in my own narrative w/out anyone being particularly interested in writing with me.

Multiple characters is an option as well. Assuming you wish to play with your friend but you can't think of a good reason to bring character x into things, you can bring character y in.

I know some rps stick evryone in the same thread and just tell grouos to mention each other, but that can get a little unwieldy. Seperate rps all linking back to the same character roster and world setting would be a likely move to handle the potential many characters with varied interests to develop and tell their stories.
I typically only make one main character in any given RP. I might make some supporting characters to surround them. But I usually do not make a slew of characters to roleplay as in different roles. I am a woman of singular focus. lol

Yes, this mode of play works. What's more, antagonists are a necessary component to any world where some have the goal of being heroes.
Well, I am definitely up for filling an antagonistic role. Just not anything particularly powerful. I like to play low powered, underdog roles. No ambitions to rule the world, here

Users who are viewing this thread