• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom angel's paint ー harapeko + Charaphenelia

nocchi

☆avantgarde☆
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

H

filler! ignore

M

filler! ignore

• HYSKOA MORROH

DEATH BRINGER

♡design by dreamglow, coded by uxie♡

Charaphenelia felt a pang of irritation as she fixed the blonde wig that lay atop her head. The darn thing was inconvenient and more of an annoyance than anything, along with the silk red dress that stopped below her knees with matching strappy heels. It was just so... Girly. She missed her boots, but her disguise was something that had been insisted upon for this job. Checking her makeup one last time in the mirror, she decided her appearance was good enough and exited the bathroom. Sticking to the back wall of the quickly crowding bar, she scanned the room for her target. Her eyes met a pair of familiar brown ones-Kaname, her half-brother. She continued scanning until they fell upon the man she was assigned to.
Taking a breath, she plastered on a flirtatious smile and grabbed a random drink from a nearby empty table before sashaying over to the man. Dressed in a navy blue suit with disheveled dark brown hair, she watched as he downed what she knew to be at least his fourth glass of whiskey.
Approaching, she took a swig of whatever alcoholic beverage she held, swished it in her mouth, and spit it back into the glass with the same motion as taking a drink so as not to rouse suspicion.
Giggling, she plopped herself into the seat beside the man, giving him a seductive smile, "Well hello there." Chara greeted, slurring her words a little so as to seem drunk, "You look like you could use some company..." Setting down the glass, she placed her elbow on the table and rested her chin in her palm, leaning in, "My name's Layla."

The man blinked slowly before a grin tugged at his own lips as he looked her up and down, his eyes lingering at her exposed cleavage. His eyes didn't move as he responded, "Durenki Soba, at your service young lady." His gaze finally met hers, "What's a fine... Woman like yourself doing in a place like this, all by your lonesome?"
Chara giggled, acting flattered, "I was supposed to meet a friend, but she cancelled on me." She pouted, batting her lashes, "Perhaps, you would like to be my 'special friend' this evening?" She purred, leaning in closer to trail a hand from the base of his neck to his chest. With that motion, she felt the shape of the object she was to obtain underneath his button down shirt, she noted it felt like it was hanging as a necklace, as she'd been told it would be.
"Hmm how enticing. I should like nothing more, Layla."
She let out a laugh at how he'd said the name, "Why, Mr. Durenki, are you drunk?"
He chuckled, "I'd like to think I am, are you trying to say you're not?"
"Hmm..."
With one hand on his chest, just above the object under his shirt, she used her other hand to lightly trail her index finger from his temple, along his jawline, to his chin, repeating the motion before caressing his head in her palm, making sure to keep the tip of her index finger on the soft spot of his temple. With everything going according to plan, she dropped the act, a cruel grin replacing her previously flirtatious one, "No, I'm not."
She didn't give him even a second to comprehend her words before a thin needle of ice formed from the pad of her pointer finger, piercing through Durenki's temple and into his brain.
With the hand on his chest, she slipped her fingers in the space between the buttons and fabric, taking hold of the small, rectangular shape. With a quick yank, the clasp of the chain broke and she fisted her prize. She glanced at Kaname, who gave her a nod to let her know no one was watching. Pretending to continue and 'flirt' with the now corpse, she smoothly positioned him so as it looked as though he'd passed out at the table, drink in hand.

Sliding out of the seat, she calmly started walking towards the bathroom. That was, however, until a sudden shadow loomed over her, stopping her in her tracks. That presence felt so familiar...
"It's been a while.. Charaphenelia, ♡"
She let out a breath at her real name, alarm bells ringing in her head. This was a job, no one was supposed to know who she was. But that voice...
"Your aura's matured so much, I almost didn't recognize you. ♡" Blinking, Chara looked up, only to blink more at the sight of who had seemingly appeared out of nowhere.
"Sensing an aura like that suddenly in a place like this admittedly caught me off guard, Charaphenelia. You should be more careful, you know. ♧"

"Hisoka?" Her tone laced with confusion before she let out a genuine laugh and smile, "Wow, didn't expect to see you here. Oh." Her expression sobered as she remembered her job wasn't over yet. Out of the corner of her eye, she looked back at where Kaname had once stood, only to find he was making his way in her direction. At the age of 14, he was only a little taller than she was and knew how to blend in well with a crowd.
Returning her attention to her old friend, she gave a sheepish smile, mentally cursing. Of all the times and places to run into Hisoka, it had to be while she was on a job with Kaname. Her younger brother would only prove to be annoying if he got the chance to pester her about the man she now spoke to.
"Play along." She whispered before letting out a laugh and lightly smacking Hisoka's chest with her free hand, "You flirt!" She purred as Kaname passed by, his hand brushing her own that clutched the rectangular object. She released it, leaving it to her half-brother to get it to their client.
Once Kaname's back was to them and out of earshot, she dropped the act again, "I kind of have to get out of here, wanna be my alibi for this evening?"

Looking towards the bar exit, she spotted Kaname, meeting his eyes as he gave her a look that said "Focus" before slipping out the door. She knew that look from him all too well, he was always so serious on jobs, it was frustrating at times. But she had to agree in this instance, the plan had been to off the target, retrieve the object, ditch her disguise and leave without delay. She was lingering too long.
Moving to Hisoka's side, she took his hand in hers, practically pulling him towards the exit, "You can show me the sights or whatever."
Honestly, she didn't really care where they went or what they did, she just needed to get away before someone discovered that the 'sleeping man' wasn't actually sleeping, and since Hisoka was the only person who could identify her at the scene, well, he was leaving with her even though she was sure he wouldn't care about some guy she killed. One of the top rules; always cover your tracks so as not to get caught.

Last edited:

H

filler! ignore

M

filler! ignore

• HYSKOA MORROH

DEATH BRINGER

Hisoka… It felt a bit odd to Chara, to have the man she'd known for a short period of time all those months ago suddenly pop back into her life unexpectedly. In a bar while on a job, no less. She had honestly thought they wouldn't see each other again, her work often kept her travelling after all, but it was a welcomed surprise nonetheless. Ignoring his comment about being curious and inquiring as to who Kaname was, she expertly weaved them both through the ever growing crowd in the bar. It wasn't unexpected for this place to get busy at this time, she knew the sun would already be setting and had planned on this scenario to make her original escape. However, she was still in the wig and red dress she was supposed to ditch, which wasn't according to the plan.
"In a rush? ♧"
Glancing back at Hisoka, she gave a wink, "A little. I have instructions to follow." Which, at the moment, was the problem. She had been told not to leave the same as she'd entered.
"You know, Charaphenelia," Hisoka started, "You never struck me a the social type.. I'm surprised our reunion was in a bar of all places. In such an eye-catching ensemble, no less. ♡" Chara looked back in time to his eyes rake over her frame, sending a warm shiver down her spine. She forced herself to keep her mind on the task at hand, "I don't suppose you were here to.. see someone? Get something done, perhaps? ♢"

Though she had been the one to grab his hand, he was now tightening his grip on hers, squeezing more and more. Pursing her lips and taking a deep breath, she assessed her surroundings and the people around them.
From her quick observation, it appeared most were simply trying to get to the bar to order their drinks, a few groups had claimed tables, most near the back. The building was starting to fill up, but the entryway had fewer people. Most importantly, no one seemed to be paying any mind to them. Unfortunately, it meant her window to get out before people realized there was a dead guy at a table was closing.

With Hisoka's tight grip on her hand, she pulled him to the side and to one of the walls by the exit, pulling him in front of her with her back to the wall.
She chuckled, "Why Hisoka, are you trying to pry?" Another look just to make sure no one was looking at them, "I'm glad you like the look." Chara all but purred, leaning in, "But it's gotta go."
Using her free hand, she rid herself of the wig as fast as she could, letting it fall to the floor before reaching back and ripping the zipper all the way down, "Bear with me. For once I can use your height to my advantage."
Easily ripping the straps, she slipped out of the dress, letting it fall to land by the wig before kicking the bundle under a nearby table. Underneath the red dress was a short, black, strapless cocktail dress that ended mid thigh. Normally, she would never wear something that exposed her torso and back so much-simply because of her scars and brand-but the magic of great makeup helped to conceal the identifying marks, as long as one didn't look too closely at least.
Mentally checking everything off her to-do list, she again lead her old acquaintance to the exit, finally leaving just as a scream rang through the bar.

It wasn't until they'd rounded a corner did she let out a sigh of relief and look at Hisoka, changing her stride to walk beside him instead of leading him, "Admittedly, I'm not fond of bars." She replied to his previous comment, ruffling her hair so that it cascaded down her back and over her shoulders in its natural curls, "But yes, I had to... Get something done. Technically, I'm supposed to go see someone else now, but..." She shrugged, "I really don't want to."
Turning her full attention to him, she said, "You know, I never expected to run into you at a bar. You never struck me as a socialite either, were you meeting someone, perhaps?"

H

filler! ignore

M

filler! ignore

• HYSKOA MORROH

DEATH BRINGER

"Was it obvious? ♧" Hisoka asked rhetorically, "Well, I suppose I was. Though, it wasn't much more than a business related meeting." From his tone, Chara determined he was being honest with his answer, "I wonder why you've become so curious about it suddenly.. I don't suppose you're nervous about something? ♪" He said, with a sing-song hum to his voice as he flicked his gaze to their still joined hands, bringing the contact to Chara's attention.
She frowned, letting go of his hand and mumbling an, "Oh, sorry."
In the rush of trying to get away, she had practically forgotten about holding Hisoka's hand, until he reminded her of course.
"No, not nervous. My mind was simply elsewhere and I forgot about your hand." Chara answered honestly, "Anyways, business, huh? I am curious; what kind of business would one such as you have in a bar?" Her eyes looked him over, taking note of his new clothes.

His outfit was almost the same as she'd previously seen him in, however, the colors and style had changed. Whereas his shirt had been blueish-white with the symbol for clubs on one side of his chest and spades in dark purple on the other with matching pants and a pink undershirt, he now wore a dark green shirt with a red heart on one side and a red diamond on the other, a light green undershirt covered his stomach, the same color material adorned his legs underneath his light grey pants.
"Your current attire doesn't exactly scream 'businessman'. Hey..."
Stepping in front of him, she peered closely at his face. Something was different... But she wasn't quite sure what...
Her eyes widened slightly as she finally figured out what it was, "Those aren't tattooed on your face?!" She asked in all seriousness, referring to the blue diamond that had once been pink and the yellow teardrop that used to be green.

A lot of things had obviously happened since the last the two had seen each other-at the end of the Hunter's Exam, at the little briefing meeting they'd all had after receiving their licenses. Leaving before he had, she'd sort of just disappeared right after, only leaving behind a small shard of ice she'd shaped into one of his cards for him to find by the exit. It had been her way of saying goodbye to her companion during the exams.
That was... Five or six months ago now, somewhere around there she thought. How things had changed... For her, at least.
After leaving the exam, she'd found out her father had passed during that time and Chara had been forced to work under her mother, who made her work more with her half-brother in hopes he would learn from his older sister and one day surpass her.
Chara knew better than her mother, however. Kaname would never surpass the ice wielder, they were too different and he didn't have the same natural instinct as his sister. Their upbringings had practically been polar opposite.
And yet, their mother still held out hope everything would go her way; Charaphenelia would be married off to Illumi Zoldyck, thus uniting the two families, and Kaname would take a spot in the top assassins in the world.
Chara scoffed at the ridiculous idea every time.

Looking up at the darkening sky, she tilted her head, "Hmm... Night time has finally arrived. Are you staying somewhere around here? I have some free time now, so I'll walk you back." She gave a playful wink, "To make sure you get back safely, of course."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back