• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Angel Grove (Power Rangers 2017)

Bocaj

Hey there, thanks for clicking on this!

Since the movie has come out, and I've seen it twice now, I have been itching for me. A huge part of me hopes that it will do well enough to welcome a sequel- that is all I really need. Despite what some people might have to say about the movie- I really enjoyed it. It did what it needed to for an original story. Adapting the Rangers and the whole concept of Power Rangers in general and putting them more into now-a-days was a smart idea and blended well. I'd love to see where they can take things!

Enough gushing over the film, down to business!

All my ideas are based around the ending/post credits of the film. Just a heads up.

• The first idea to come to mind, revolves around a Tommy Oliver. There has been discussion from the Cast and fans a like, about whether Tommy should be a male or female. Personally, I am fine either way, but am leaning towards female. The movie universe is already so different, I am welcoming more and new changes to something we know. It just makes it more fun and a different dynamic to the group. But I digress on the matter of the character's gender.
For the idea, I am thinking we pick up after the movie's post credit scene- a Tommy Oliver being in detention with the group. Angel Grove as a whole can still be recovering from Rita's attempt to grab the Zeo crystal. Perhaps, those in detention are used to also help the clean up. That's just a thought. Though, the majority of the beginning of this story would focus on Tommy and his/her introduction to the Rangers. Maybe, after Rita was defeated, her Power Coin was lost in the destruction and Tommy happens to come across it. Due to Rita's nature, it corrupts them at the start. Almost playing off he 'Evil with Green' Arc from MMPR. Zordon could feel the Green coin being used, and the Rangers tasked with finding the new Green Ranger, who is under the same power hunger that Rita was.

We can add a slightly different backstory to Tommy, perhaps family troubles and such. Something to match the movie Ranger's backstories. We can discuss that further.

• Another point from the movie I enjoyed was the question of Trini's sexuality. A lot of people deal with matters like that, and it made the movie feel a little more real to me. So, I would love to play off that idea.
I am a big 'shipper' of Kimberly and Trini, or even if Tommy is female I can get along that idea as well. So, I wouldn't mind focusing a role-play around Trini. Some ideas that come to mind, still deal with the ending of the movie. Perhaps she and Kimberly are growing closer to together. But no relationship is without its struggles- which can lead to problems with the Rangers as a whole.

We can set up a story with Tommy and Trini, introducing the new green Ranger and such. Or an idea I saw somewhere else dealt with the ending of the movie,. Rita toying with Trini's emotions and such to get to the rangers. Of course, I can go further into detail about that.

So, if anything caught your eye here, or if you just want to play within the movie's universe do feel free to message me!

Thanks for reading!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back