• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ~ANDARUN~

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Lekiel

Two Thousand Club
Supporter
RP Based off the World of Andarun: ANDARUN - A World Reborn (wip)

~To the Northlands~

Due to the nature of this RP, the details of the story differ slightly, depending on the Homeland and class of your character. For simplicity's sake, the default alignment of your character will be 'The Dominion of Arya'.

. . . . | . . . .​

It started in the most peculiar of ways. Though perhaps not the most unusual, depending on how you see it. A border town, within the northmost reaches of the Dominion comes across a decaying body of a soldier floating down the stream. Now, such floaters though rare, was not unheard of by villagers. The truce between the three kingdoms opening up travel throughout the lands, giving the keys to errand adventurers to go out treasure seeking. This floater would have simply been dismissed as another stupid hapless soul, had 'he' (well, six out of ten of the border patrol wagered the overly decayed body was a male) been discovered by simple folk.

But as fate would have it, a particularly enthusiastic patrol captain and his men spotted the body as they were making their last rounds for the shift. Excited at the unusual sight (now, you must forgive him as patrolling borders can be really boring as of late; the most action a Dominion soldier would have these days would be to see their Bloodsworn counterparts and hurl insults at the pointy ears. Unless one were placed within Wretched infested territory, but that's besides the point). Now, upon recovering the body and searching it, our dear captain discovered a tattered map carefully rolled up in a worn but otherwise intact leather casing, effectively protecting it from the stream waters. Eyeballing the corpse, our dear astute Captain deduced that this man was no simple adventurer. Though very much faded, one could assumed that he wore the colours of sorts. The body belonged to a soldier (there were also other trinkets found on the body to confirm the suspicion). Though from which army was the question.

Fast forward a month or so (cause I'm really lazy at story-telling), the body and map now resides within the walls of Midranthos, capital of the glorious Dominion. Ambassadors from the other two regions had all but confirmed that the soldier belonged to neither one of their armies. Embroiled within their own internal politics, the Vanharen and Aryan Lord was quite intent on dismissing the peculiar situation; that is until their Elvish counterpart remarked that the map depicted a region towards the north of his Kingdom. The Vanharen representative snorted the claim away and took his leave, all dramatic with his green smoke and eerie theatrics.

Now, one must understand, that the people of Andarun understand, that their world does not end beyond the Skyreach Mountains north of the Bloodsworn. One should understand however, that it is extremely difficult and nigh impossible to cross said mountain range; as only a very small handful of people have ever done so. Reports of what lay beyond, was simply that of a winter wonderlan- I mean, desolate landscape, with nothing to offer.

Long story short, the Bloodsworn delegate happened to know of some relatives who had been across the mountain range, (oooh destiny oooh plotfixing! oooh!) and thought it would be interesting to see what they could find. The Aryan acting very much true to his stereotype, the haughty noble, did some complicated math in his head and realized that he stood a chance to gain from this conquest as well, with nothing much to lose. Hence, he declared that he too will send an emissary to the north.

You my friend will be playing this Aryan hero (picked by the Aryan noble, for whatever reason. You could be an annoying bastard child that nobody will miss but will bring honor to his name if he succeeded or some... well its up to you!) ^-^!

I will be playing your Bloodsworn guide *-*!

~The Map~

full

~Character Application~​

For this RP, you may choose any of the 'normal', 'special' or 'elite' classes.

Just a basic character skelley will do, as below:

Name:

Homeland: (The Bloodsworn, Arya, Vanharen)

Race:

Class:

Equipment: (Please be mindful of the limit one person can carry ^_^ ; )

Appearance: (at least 3 lines, include a picture if you have one. Otherwise, add more description to define your physical features)

Personality: (Optional, can be discovered through the story anyway ^^)

Character Background: (Character background and history. Keep it.. uhh how shall I put it? Balanced? I mean there's no point being a super skilled legendary mythical warrior God who can fell a whole army with a sneeze!)

Last edited:
-Closed For Placeholding-
Mag2k Mag2k , could you post your CS here? So i can grab the coding and add it to the above :3

Last edited:
Name: Nicholas Hardwick

Race: Human

Sex: Male

Homeland: Vanharen

Class: Reaver

Equipment Nicholas wears either a snow white cloak or a black pitch cloak that is enchanted to deflect or nullify minor projectile spells and weaponry. He also carries a sling-pouch that contain smoke pellets, a map of the land as well as poisonous nails that make his victims slow and lethargic. ( used for larger opponents or creatures) . He also carries two curved black daggers on his person, as well as a metal boomerang.

Appearance: Nicholas Stands at a colossal 6'2. He is rather pale in comparison to the darker silk like clothing that he wears. He is well toned and despite his height, is light on his feet. His blue sky eyes are narrow though when in raged, they tended to become royal blue. He also wears his tattered finger-less grey wool gloves and matching grey bandanna t to cover his mouth. He has dark curly hair that tends to covers his eyesight at times.

4MK5kwvkV0wH5Z9XLf6PQWqoxjc9PBSzqTlBEuiLSu77J8D3NXELASKu8CfQomX3uYyDmr3Fjsy0dzs5t99Ywul_xH-3uR_apo9HKJ2m5roCiAAikcvj9e99LRKPxUkhW7Bt5HpB

Personality: Typically collective and reserved, Nicholas know to be stoic. He lacks empathy and is considered to be a pathological liar. His twisted mentality has caused to view Feelings or having feelings as a weakness. Yet around the few he trusts and considered to be acquaintances with, the young assassin is somewhat playful, witty, and at times snarky.

History:
History: Nicholas did not know who his true parents were. He knew only of the man who he followed along the wastelands of battle and into small insignificant villages, warning them of either the plagues or a raids coming their way. When they weren’t traveling, the man would teach him the art of stealth and importance of self-trust. He emphasized that keeping one mind and spirit intact, no matter the situation, doing so was essential to survival. Nicholas was an avid learner, swift, silent and utterly deadly. Once when they were making passages through a war-zone, Nicholas had heard a voice, one pleading to him, begging him to allow said spirit to follow him. When Nicholas turned around, he was surprised to see a lost soul of an elf. The elf looked no older than himself and seemed to have no recollection of his name or how he died. Nicholas took pity on the Elf and allowed him to follow. The man that Nicholas had followed all his life seemed to have disappeared. The first the time in his life, he was alone or so he thought.

The spirit of the Elf said he would bond with him, never leave his side, all he had to do was form a blood pact. With some reluctance, Nicholas obliged and used one his needles to cut his hand and offer the spirit the blood that oozed from his palm. With that Nicholas became a young Reaver, who would do almost any job for the right price. He wasn’t fully aware of all the enchantments that came with a bond. The few projectiles he did carry with himself, he was a novice at throwing them. Nicholas was on a journey to either find out why the man who cared for him since he was a child vanished or what happened to his true parents.

Last edited:
One Week Ago "Seler`Tanadris, amin sal rangw`uuma mankoi amin aut`caela!" The younger of the two women cried, wringing her hands in the air as she turned away. She crossed her arms over her chest, a frown on her face as she fixed her eyes on a painting hanging by the wall of their house. An Isilhin warrior sat astride his stallion, leading a charge into a horde of Wretched, backed by the colourful pennants of his clan and allies. His features were clearly depicted, but the cleanliness of his facade was far from the scarred and battleworn lines of Father; if ever she could address him in such a familial manner.

"Talyndra... Saes last`amin." The other replied, gently but firmly, her voice pleading. She reached out to grasp the shoulder of her step-sister, trying to get her to turn back. A servant dressed in a neat but subdued dress glanced curiously from a balcony overlooking the immaculately decorated living room. On the wall, just behind where the two sisters stood, a pair of crossed runic elven blades - the family heirloom - glinted in the warm glow of the elemental lanterns.

"There are many other rangers who know the area! Why can't you send them? I'm sure they can attempt the crossing!" The protest was spoken in commons, though Talyndra still refused to turn around. At first glance, both women were starkly different, as night was to day. One with long flowing golden locks and olive skin while the other was fair, pale skin so translucent it almost seemed to gleam like the moon. But while the younger woman had let her brown hair flow freely, gently cascading about her shoulders, the other had pinned her long dark hair back out of her face; a common conduct of someone in her line of work.

"Ile sinta`tanya naa a'risa." The older woman sighed. "We are perhaps the only two who has ever gone beyond the Skyreach and traversed the wilderness... I mean, there are the others... but I doubt any amount of gold would make them attempt that pass again. I would've gone myself but-"

"You can't. Your duties won't let you..." Talyndra interrupted, her voice flat. She was resigned to her task, there was only so much she could argue. In truth, she knew there was no other way. She had only resisted just because she felt she had to say something. Turning around finally, she gave her sister a hug. "I don't know if I can do this, seler. I've always had you to back me up. Out there, I will be on my own... I've heard your tales of adventure and everything and I'd always longed to go.. but now that it's in front of me.."

"You'll be fine, don't worry. If I'd had the slightest thought you aren't capable, I would not have suggested you to go." Tanadris smiled as she embraced her sister. Then stepping back, she grinned. "Besides, I think its time you took a breath of fresh air away from your dusty spell books. Make a Deadlander friend or two, they're not all creepy and weird, those edans."

"Seler!!"

~The Present~

The elf stood fidgeting impatiently as she stood on the porch of the tavern. Leaning forward with her chin resting on the palm of one hand and the fingers of the other drumming the wood of the balcony restlessly, she cast her eyes about, searching for someone. One of the four Bloodsworn rangers glanced over at her, a frown creasing his otherwise smooth forehead, as he and his companions sat astride their mounts.

He is late! A whole day late in fact! Her sources had told the elf that she was to meet the Vanharen representative at the Flitting Wyvern Tavern in the Bloodsworn border town of Fairgale at noon. Noon yesterday. Of course there wasn't any real need to hurry, but that didn't change the fact that he was late. She knew what her sister would say, she would tell her to be more patient. But Talyndra could not help it, she was unlike most elves, who were supposedly known for their patience and calm conduct. Talyndra snorted unwomanly at the thought.

A chill wind swept across the front, and despite the fact that it was a little past noon, the air was pretty cold. Clouds drifted past, obscuring the sun as dried autumn leaves swept across the compound. Talyndra tugged her pale green cloak closer about her, stared down the pathway and immediately noticed a figure approaching the tavern.

~Translations~
Language of the elves phrased from Common to Elven -

Seler`Tanadris, amin sal rangw`uuma mankoi amin aut`caela! = Tanadris my sister, I don't get why I have to go!

Talyndra... Listen to me please.

You know that is not true.

Seler - Sister

Mag2k Mag2k

"Tick Tock...Tick Tock.You're late" The Elf spirit spoke, laughing within Nicholas's head, causing the young reaver to frown. " Would you be quiet, please? You are giving me a headache." Nicholas mumbled to himself, or rather to the spirit in which only he could hear. Even with the map with that Nicholas carried, he found the land of The Bloodsworn strange and complex.

" Well...would you look at that pretty thing...she looks like a keeper." the elf spirit spoke, his tone full of mischief. " Focus. We are here for diplomatic reasons only." The young reaver replied back with annoyance, keeping his voice low. Though Nicholas couldn't help but notice the female Elf that seemed to be impatiently waiting for his arrival, clearly displeased that he took so long to arrive. Nicholas let out a sigh before picking up his pace, though his footsteps were quiet, only the rustling of grass below his feet could be heard.

The young reaver pulled down the hood of his navy blue cloak, revealing his rather pale complexion and bright blue eyes, before his stopping in front group elves before him.The howling of the wind caused Nicholas's curly hair to obstructs his view. He let out a huff, clearly annoyed by it, yet not caring enough to do anything to fix it. He shot the female elf a small sheepish grin before speaking. " Forgive my lateness, I have never been to the land of The Bloodsworn," he confessed, bowing before the female elf. " Kiss up" snickered the elf spirit. " Shut it," Nicholas mumbled to himself, slightly annoyed by his long-term companion banter.

" My name is Nicholas Hardwick. It is a pleasure to finally meet you Your name?." Nicholas spoke softly, offering her one his tattered finger-less grey wool gloved hands. " Since when did you learn to properly introduce yourself to a stranger? You usually skip the foreplay and cut straight to the assassination." the spirit elf joked, continuing to tease Nicholas.

Last edited:
Having spent most of her life in the Hearthfire Academy in Aran`Fadrasil, barely venturing any distance south meant that Talyndra had never met a Deadlander in her life. There had always been a noticeable amount of humans within the capital, but most if not all of them, were Bloodsworn humans. She'd heard many an old wive's tale about how the Vanharen were pretty much savages who ate and played with their dead relatives using forbidden magic. Apparently one could smell the stench of death emanating from a Deadlander from half a mile away. Of course, with such rampant outrageous whisperings the only source of information Talyndra had, she wasn't sure what to believe. That being said, while most would've shied away from having anything to do with with the foreign kingdoms, Talyndra secretely longed to settle her curiousity. While most elves were inclined towards upholding longstanding views and traditions, Talyndra often found herself having a more objective view of the world than her kin.

Taking all that into consideration, it was no surprise that she found the hooded man a rather unremarkable sight. Surprisingly not at all different from the humans she had seen, albeit a slightly better looking one, but all be damned before she'd admit to that. The blue-eyed human introduced himself along with his apologies. As he stepped forward to offer his hand, there was a subtle ring of steel and tightening of drawstring and leather.

"Tulunka!" Without looking, Talyndra let out an exasperated sigh and waved the overly suspicious rangers to back down. They had been on high alert for no apparent reason two days in a row, and after they nearly pin-cushioned an unfortunate Aryan merchant the day before (he survied unscathed), Talyndra was starting to get tired of their antics.

The elf drew herself back to her full towering heigh of 5 feet 6 inches, and stepped over to the steps leading down from the front porch. Her robes rustled in the autumn breeze as the tap of her boots on the wooden floorboards echoed in the relatively silent atmosphere. High afternoon often meant that places like taverns were pretty much deserted. Talyndra kept her steps slow and measured as she made her way over, emerald eyes peering intently at the Deadlander's own sapphire orbs.

Stopping just short of the first step, so that she still stood taller than the human, she addressed him. "You are the edan the Vanharen has sent for the expedition?" She spoke in commons, her voice was a harmoniously alto pitched. A quizzical frown marred her otherwise smooth forehead as she took in the sight of the Deadlander, though she made no move to take his offered hand.

"I thought you would be... more... presentable." Talyndra spoke matter-of-factly, giving his rather ragged looking cloth garb a once-over.

. . .​
"Tulunka!" - Steady/Stand down.
edan - human

"So much for pleasantries." the elf spirit commented in response to the female's blunt remark.The grin that Nicholas was offering the female elf, became a small frown as he retraced his hand. He raised an eyebrow the rangers who had raised their bows at him. "Best not be playful or risk getting struck upon"
the elf spirit chuckled, though Nicholas seemed to be ignoring his companion for now.He did not need the elves to look at him at some kind of lunatic. The gloves he wore were most certainly not in the best condition, but it was the first pair he had ever bought with his own money. He kept them as a reminder, to ensure that he never forget what he once was.

Nicholas met the female elf's lovely green stare head-on, his own blue hues shining with mischief as she approached him. He took note how she kept a mere step of distance between, silently expressing the distrust between them. " Not all of us are born into wealth. However what I lack in resources..." the young reaver started before dashing forward, causing the dirt below him to fly behind him, yet still, only the gravel falling back into land produced any noise. He swiftly made his way on the same platform as the female elf was standing on, pleased to see despite her above average height, he towered over her, before gently taking her hand and twirling her." " I make-up with skill" he continued speaking into her ear, purposefully letting his hot breath tickle the sensitive skin behind her earlobe. He released her rather a soft hand mid spin and step forward, raising both of his hands above his head, signifying he had no intentions of hurting anyone. He faces the Rangers, giving them a childlike smile, his back turned to the female. " Blast it! You are asking to be killed." his companion remarked, causing Nicholas to produce a chuckle.

" To answer your question... despite you not answering my own. That I am. Your wish is my command." the young reaver replied with a playful tone. He spun on his heel, the wooden floorboard just barely creaking at his movement, his back now facing the rangers. While his hands were still above his head, waiting to lower them till he was sure he wouldn't be shot. " Will your men be joining us? If so I do hope they learn to trust me," he added, the smirk he had given her, once more on his face.

Last edited:
"Yee!" The elf let out a cry of surprise when she was suddenly and rudely nearly swept off her feet. She shuddered involuntarily when the reaver's hot breath tickled the back of her ear, causing the hairs on the nape of her neck to rise. Her cheeks flushed with heat at his brazen lack of personal space. But just as she was about to regain her footing, the rogue had already spun away with his hands held up; just as well as an arrow thudded into the wooden pillar scant inches away from his shoulder.

Talyndra stared at the rogue with stormy eyes, her chest rising and falling ever so slightly as her heart had skipped a couple of beats from the rogue's antics.

"Will your men be joining us? If so I do hope they learn to trust me."

The air was still, as the elf narrowed her eyes at the rogue, choosing not to reply his question for the moment. Instead, it was the ranger who shot the arrow who broke the silence.

"Ento er`pelekt holm edan."

Talyndra subconsciously rubbed her wrist, more from the memory of Nicholas' grasp than any real injury. She smirked a little at her escort's jibe at the human, the temporary interjection doing much to settle her thoughts. Waving her escorts to backdown once more, she carefully smoothed out her cloak and cleared her throat before speaking.

"Israfael here says, the next one won't miss." Her tone was airy, but held no threat. It was clear to her the Deadlander did not mean any harm, though his boyish flamboyance reminded her of the many pompous nobles who thought too highly of their charm in their endless effort to impress. Many an opportunistic noble had visited House Farandir with the hopes that the larle`(illigitimate daughter) would be easy pickings, that Lord Farandir would want to get rid of her. Fortunately for Talyndra, Lord Tasaldan had always seemed disinterested in arranging marriages, and her Calenfari Ranger sister had a stare that would shrink the manparts off a dragon.

"Perhaps if you do not make sudden moves like that, you just might earn their trust, Nikkolas." His name sounded foreign to her tongue, but she did not concern herself with getting it to sound right. Talyndra fixed the reaver with another brief gaze, before whirling away with a rustle of her robes. She headed over to where one of the rangers was holding a horse for her and gracefully pulled herself up.

"We're going to the airfield, a short ride away..." Talyndra eyed Nicholas' lack of a horse before correcting herself.

"I'm guessing you don't have a mount with you?"

Nicholas was unfazed by the arrow that struck the pillar beside him. He had expected some type of retaliation for his antics. "You truly have a death wish." the elf spirit proclaimed with annoyance. "Perhaps," Nicholas mumbled back to his companion. He didn't wish to die, but he also didn't have much to live for besides for himself. It was made him dispensable to his people. They would lose nothing if he failed to return to his so-called homeland.

The young reaver let out a chuckle as he briefly caught her death glare as well as her flushing cheeks before she mounted her steed. " I'll keep that in mind," Nicholas replied sincerely, the playfulness once found in his voice was now gone. He truly didn't want to be seen as someone who couldn't be trusted and so he would behave himself, for now at least.He was tempted to ask how he was to earn her trust but figured it is best if tried doing so without her giving him a hint on how to do so. " You better take heed to her words boy." the elf spirit warned. "You are supposed to be on my side," Nicholas grumbled to himself. " I like the way you say my name in your native tongue, even though that isn't how it supposed to be said... it is different," he commented, laughing to himself. The young reaver wonder why the female elf was so stoic and reserved. Perhaps he would see past her cold exterior if he were to get her to lower her guard and simply get to know her on a personal level. " In your dreams, lover boy." the elf spirit taunted Nicholas, laughing as he did so.

"I do not have a horse, I walked here..." he trailed off, his gaze falling to the to wooden panels below him. He didn't have the gold crowns to maintain such a creature, not that they would care about on why he didn't have a beast to ride upon. " Will I be riding with you or with Isrufiel?" he asked, unintentionally butchering the name of the ranger that had nearly shot him.

She let out a huff when he commented on her pronunciation of his name, but otherwise made no other comment.

"Then I guess you will have to walk the rest of the way." Talyndra quipped in a deadpan voice. Just because she had calmed down, did not mean she was no longer pissed at the Deadlander. As far as she was concerned, first impressions were important.

. . | . .

What would have taken ten minutes of steady cantering instead took the better part of an hour. Afterall, they had to match the speed of someone who was going on foot. The airfield was situated on the outskirts of the town of Fairgale, connected by a well used and broad path. Along the way, the group passed farmland, cottages and merchants. Much of the latter cast curious looks at the peculiar group of rangers, a cloaked elven lady, and the rogue.

They had been progressing steadily for quite sometime. Though they kept their own counsel for the most part, the four rangers seemed to want to disassociate themselves from the Deadlander as much as they could. They trotted their horses a score feet ahead of the reaver, occasionally breaking into a canter to maintain the distance, almost never glancing to see if he kept up.

Somewhat perturbed from their previous exchange (admitedly, patience was something Talyndra severely lacked), she was inclined to ride along with the rangers, exchanging many a merry banter with the four. They were handpicked personally by her sister, and had much they wanted to know about their Captain's younger sibling. Nevertheless, as the ride wore on Talyndra's conscience begin to nag at the back of her mind, causing her to frequently glance back to see if Nicholas was keeping up. On one occasion, a dwarven merchant caravan was passing their group when Talyndra caught sight of the leader turning back to eye the reaver; prejudice clear in his beedy eyes. The dwarf noticed Talyndra staring at him, and gave her a wink before hustling off. She found herself worrying about the rogue's safety; slowly beginning to realize that he probably was not feeling very welcome in a foreign land. This in turn, left her feeling puzzled at her own self. Aren't I supposed to hate these bloodsucking monsters? Savages... Another glance back and Talyndra was beginning to reconsider all the preconceived notions her people had for the Vanharen. Bumbling fool perhaps... But powerhungry warlords whom disrespected the dead? Did they truly believe that? Weren't all three kingdoms just doing their best to survive in their own part of the world?

Talyndra let out a sigh, the nagging feeling was starting to irritate her. The amber haired elf slowed her mount down, separating herself from the front and drifting back till her horse was now plodding alongside the rogue. They rode on in wordless silence, the only ambiance was the rhythmic clopping of hooves as the horse plodded steadily onwards. The silence was tangible, until Talyndra could not bear the awkwardness anymore. The elf surreptitiously glanced at the rogue out of the corner of her eye, before returning her gaze to the front.

"You may call me..." there was a barely audible sigh "Talyndra... Talyndra of House Farandir." Talyndra cursed herself inwardly. Why do I even care for this?

Nicholas blue eyes widen, baffled by the female elf declaration that he would be walking to the airfield. Yet before he could even think of a reply, the female elf went off, leaving the young reaver to trail after her and the rangers. "You brought this upon yourself" his companion snickered. Nicholas let out a defeated sigh before trudging forward, doing his best to keep pace with the elves.

. . | . .
Since Nicholas couldn't understand what elves were bantering about, he decided to take in his strange surroundings. The land of The Bloodsworn was lively and a complete contrast to Vanharen.Men and women on either side were gossiping, trading, or attempting to sell their products and goods. It was indeed a busy day today-Though much like when the rogue was in Vanharen, he felt unwelcomed. He could feel menacing stares from both elves and dwarves alike. Yet he ignored them all, keeping his attention on the bright blue sky above him or fresh cut grass below. " The female elf seems to be pitting you." Nicholas's companion remarked. " How so?" he asked, keeping his voice low, not wanting to attract the attention of rangers nearest to him. However, the spirit never gave him an answer. Nicholas shot a glance towards the female elf, seeing as though she was still busy herself with the rangers, he assumed the elf spirit was messing with him.

Despite the glares that Nicholas was receiving, whenever he did make eye contact with an elf or dwarf, he would offer them a genuine smile. The officials of his domain had stressed that he would be representing Vanharena and thus was to act accordingly. So far it seemed he had gotten on the female elf's nerve and was getting nothing but wary looks from the people of the Bloodsworn.

Nicholas' was brought out of his thought by a feminine sigh, more specifically, the female elf. "Looks like you gotten a second chance, boy. Don't freeze." the elf spirit spoke, though the elf spirit's voice seemed strangely hopeful as if he was rooting for Nicholas to make amends with...Talyndra.
"Talyndra." he spoke up, his voice soft and even, committing the female elf's name to memory.

" Talyndra, how long will we be on this... expedition?" he asked, figuring it be best to stir a conversation about the business at hand. "Assuming she wants to be seen talking to a so-called savage." his companion commented, reminding Nicholas of how most would view him, regardless of his race or abilities.

"Nicholas turn around!" the elf spirit shrieked within the mind of the young reaver. Without question, Nicholas spun on his heel, a rock soaring its way towards him. In the next moment, the circular shaped rocked was caught in the palm of his hand. On both of his sides, he heard gaps, but his blue hues were locked on the elf who was half his size. The young elf was shocked, clearly not expecting Nicholas to catch the projectile. "Just drop the rock. He is merely a child." his companion suggested, knowing what would happen if Nicholas dared to retaliate.

"Entul a'lle eska lle kelvar!" the young elf shouted towards Nicholas, shooting the reaver a glare that was rather comical in comparison to the one that Talyndra had given Nicholas.

Nicholas took his companion advice and let the rock drop from his hand, onto the grass below him. He let out a sigh before turning around and choosing to ignore the young elf and whatever he said. "Thank you," Nicholas mumbled to himself, grateful that his companion had his back, literally. The elf spirit may be a nuisance at times, but in the end, he trusted his companion with his life. " You saved me from perishing, I shall forever be in your debt." his companion reminded him.

" What did that elf say?" he asked Talyndra, his tone full of curiosity, before picking up his pace so that he was walking right beside her steed.

~Translations~
Language of the elves phrased from Common to Elven -

Entul a'lle eska lle kelvar! = return to your homeland you animal!

There was a sharp cry from the slowly gathering crowd of onlookers. All eyes turned as an elven woman pushed her way to the forefront and grabbed the boy protectively. She spoke hurriedly, the usually melodic syllables in elven replace by shrill rapid tones. Alarm was evident in her eyes as she excessively examined her child and glared at the Deadlander in turn, as if worried that her darling had caught some sort of plague from the human. Several of the other merchants chimed in with the displeasure as the atmosphere rapidly escalated. Talyndra heaved a sigh, dismounting from her steed.

"Quel andune mellonamin, sii naa rashwe?" She had to raise her voice to be heard above the ruckus as she addressed the woman, incidentally silencing the crowds as all eyes turned to look at the speaker.

The woman's eyes darted to Talyndra, as she walked to stand before the crowd. Talyndra crossed her palm flat over her heart as she bowed to the woman in respect, as was their custom. She saw the woman's eyes dart to the gold diamond-shaped brooch that held her collar, immediately widening as she recognized the symbol as one of the elite houses. Her demeanor immediately changed as she bowed in return.

"Arwen en amin!" The woman started, her tone apologetic. "A-Amin hiraetha n`elea lle sinome. A-Amin dele`en nowe-"

"Tanya farnuva mellonamin, hiraetha rashwe lle. Namaarie edainme." Talyndra interjected impatiently before the lady could finish her sentence. The influx of niggling problems were steadily fraying her nerves as she itched to get a move on. Offering the boy and his mother a smile, she ruffled the boy's hair and turned on her heel. Grasping Nicholas' by the arm and her horse's reigns in the other hand, she marched them down the pathway. When they were safely away from the crowd, she let go of the rogue though she made no move to mount up her horse.

"The boy mistook you for someone else." She replied simply, remembering his earlier question.

~Translation~

"Quel andune mellonamin, sii naa rashwe?" - Good afternoon my friend, is there a problem here?

"Arwen en amin!" - My Lady!

"A-Amin hiraetha n`elea lle sinome. A-Amin dele`en nowe-" - I am sorry, I did not see you here. I was just concerned for-

"Tanya farnuva mellonamin, hiraetha rashwe lle. Namaarie edainme." - That's enough (it's alright) my friend, I apologize for distressing you. We'll take our leave (farewell) lady.​

Last edited:
Nicholas kept his silents, merely watching Talyndra dismount from her steed and make her way to what he assumed to be the mother of the elf child. His aquatic eyes, however, were locked on the swaying of her hips, taking in the nice view of her..." Focus boy, the Rangers have taken notice of your oggling." the elf spirit warned. Indeed the mounted rangers had caught the rogue, their glares almost as chilling as Talyndra's. The young reaver could only hope that rangers wouldn't tell him off. He offered them an apologetic smile. "You best be mindful that if you wish to befriend the female elf, you must also prove yourself to her guards." his companion remarked. "Right, thanks for the advice," Nicholas mumbled under his breath, his cheeks a slight shade of red. The young reaver simply couldn't help himself, the females of his domain weren't exactly attractive nor friendly. Not that Talyndra had shown him any kindness, yet.

Nicholas almost jerked his arm out of Talyndra grasp.Had her touch not felt so soft through the silk of his cloak, he might have twisted her wrist, as most things that latched onto him were either undead or try tying to kill him. The young reaver was sort of sadden when she released his arm but was quick to dismiss the feeling." I assume your people aren't used to seeing humans, let alone one from Vanharen." he remarked, shooting Taylndra a small smile, silently thanking the female elf for staying next to him. " Don't give her a reason to regret her decision boy." his companion spoke, reminding Nicholas that he was still on thin ice with the female elf.

"Taylndra, I-I'm sorry for breaching your personal. My social skills aren't the best. Living in a barren land has taken an ill effect on how I interact with those who are not my enemy." Nicholas spoke, his tone soft and sincere, as he simply wanted to amend his childish antics from before. The rogue did not wish for the female elf to be closed off for the rest of their expedition.He could only hope that she would give him a chance to remedy himself. Perhaps this is why she was walking with him now.

Now they were out of Bloodsworn, he felt more at ease, no longer worried about judgemental stares he was receiving while they made their way to the airfield.
" Your land is beautiful. So full of life. I wish I could explore more it." the young reaver commented, his teal eyes, however, showed that he wanted to express more. He wanted to tell her nice she looked, the way the sun made her forest eyes light up. How he would like to feel the softness of her long curls. Yet such words couldn't be expressed, as they were barely acquaintances.

Last edited:
"Taylndra, I-I'm sorry for breaching your personal. My social skills aren't the best. Living in a barren land has taken an ill effect on how I interact with those who are not my enemy."

The young Stormaiden inclined her head briefly in the rogue's direction when he blurted his apologies all of a sudden. When he finished, she turned to look him full in his face though she was careful to keep her face impassive. As if satisfied with what she saw, his sincerity perhaps, she continued on without a word. Unbeknownst, the corners of her ruby lips curled up in a knowing smile.

. , ; ' ` ~ * ~ ` ' ; , . , ; ' ` ~ * ~ ` ' ; , .

full

So it was, that as the sun was now barely visible over the tops of the trees, it found the duo and the four rangers making their way over a well traveled winding road. The path was enclosed on both sides by tall ominous trees which seemed to grow taller and wider the further north they went; the canopy began to block out most of the late afternoon light shrouding the group in a kind of pale early evening glow. They had passed the edge of the town and was now along travelling through a small forest, winding down from the highlands to the Fairgale Airfield on the outskrits of the merchant town.

"We're almost at the airfield..." The elf spoke after a while, feeling the need to break the silence between them. "I promise this will be the last you'll see of the road. At least our next mode of transportation should be less tiring and more enjoyable... I hope." Talyndra wondered how Nicholas would take to flying. Not many people could stomach it, and she had on more than one occasion seen hardened grizzled battleworn warriors turn to a pile of shaky legged mess the moment they lifted off the ground.

Talyndra turned to regard the rogue. Surprisingly affording him a friendly smile before asking "So... have you rode in a Skyship before?"

As if on queue, there was a low rapidly beating hum coming from somewhere behind and above them, and before either of them could look up, there was a rush of wind as a Skyship dipped in low as it passed overhead, its lightsails glinting and gleaming in golden hues as it reflected the fading sun. The ship moved quickly out of view as it landed in a distant airfield, docking and perhaps unloading its cargo of trade goods and merchants.

"Welcome to Fairgale Airfield, our last stop before the Northlands..." Talyndra announced, gesturing at the sky where the Skyship has just zipped by.

The hairs on the back of Nicholas pale neck stood up as he waited for Talyndra to comment or reply to his apology. His breath had hitched for a moment as she inspected him, still not speaking. "Such a strange elf she is." the spirit spoke, his disembodied voice sounding rather puzzled. Though the young reaver could have sworn he saw her lips twitched upwards...
. , ; ' ` ~ * ~ ` ' ; , . , ; ' ` ~ * ~ ` ' ; , .
As they walked Nicholas seemed to be enjoying the plant life around them, occasionally taking a strand of grass around his finger and twirling it. His aquatic hues wandering from tree to tree, impress by how far they reached into the sky. It was all so new in comparison to the barren land that he had lived all his life in. Now that the young reaver didn't need freight about elves testing his patience, he felt strangely content.The silence surrounding the duo was welcomed by Nicholas since things were rarely silent in Vanharen. "I remember traveling through here once when I was still alive. Though I am unsure why..." Nicholas's companion remarked, sounding lost, like many of souls that wandered the dead lands.

Nicholas let out a chuckle as Talyndra spoke, his ocean-like hues finally returning to the female elf. "Walking is my main way of traveling. Though I have been in a mode of transportation much like this contraption. Though it was much more alive or rather undead shall I say." he replied, returning the unexpected smile that female elf was giving him with his own. " It seems you have found yourself earning her good grace, boy, don't overstep the gesture." the elf spirit warned.

The young reaver's gaze was drawn to the strange humming noise, his eyes widening as the sight before him. " Will horses be joining us, or do they know their way back home?" Nicholas asked, sounding rather nervous. He hadn't been airborne for quite some time and thus was unsure if he would be able to stomach it. The airship was truly a sight. It would the first time Nicholas ever saw a Skyship.

" You seem excited. Will you finally brief me on what this adventure of ours will intel?" he asked, shooting Talyndra a raised brow as they trudge further.Nicholas had never been to an airfield, thus he stood close to the female elf, not wanting to get separated.

"Will intel?" Talyndra glanced at the rogue quizzically, She wasn't quite sure with the usage of the term in that manner, but she could make a guess as to the nature of his question.

"If you meant what should we expect, then well... we board a skyship, and will make our way as far North as possible. The journey will take several days to reach the foothills of the Skyreach Highlands. We'll do a more proper briefing once we're up in the air"

Before long, the winding roadway narrowed down to a cobbled path as the trees lining the road gave way to decent sized lodges and stalls. Peddlers and merchants hollered out their wares, a surprising variety of goods from even as far east as the exotic Heaten`hua desert spices. Talyndra smirked inwardly, no doubt the sight of the inflated prices of goods Nicholas could easily get from his homeland, would raise an eyebrow or two. Forced to slow down due to the crowds, they moved along in a single file, hemmed in on all sides. Despite the place being situated within the borders of her homeland, the sight of the trading post was something of a new experience for the Storm Maiden; having spent most of her life within the Mages Academy back home.

Progress was slowed, but eventually, the crowds begin thinning... or rather, the roads began widening once more. However, instead of continuing on, the rangers took an abrupt turn and led them off the main path onto a grassy plain. The paving stopped to be replaced by a well traversed dirt path and before them, was the famous Fairgale airfield. Set out in a vale between two rocky hills and illuminated by the deep golden rays of the late afternoon sun was a sight to behold. Keeping to the town's namesake, periodic gusts of wind rushed unfettered across the open expanse. The breeze knocked the hood of Talyndra's cloak back, catching tendrils of her amber hair as she paused to take in the sight.

A multitude of gleaming Solean Lightsails of the anchored Skyships billowed in the wind, cheerily greeting them in the setting sun. On either side of them, the shouts of airmen preparing the decks could be heard as Skyships of all sorts floated a couple of feet off the ground. Most were merchant ships, there were even one or two bearing the markings of Dominion Officials, with their steam engines chugging away and puffing smoke.

"Come, its not much further." The elf beckoned to her charge.

Talyndra led the rest of the way in relative silence, until they neared the end. Walking past a particularly flamboyant galleon (complete with hanging tassels, who in the name of Anara woud add tassels to their skyship?), they suddenly beheld a majestic clipper. Its polished wood was etched with elemental runes and carved with cloud markings as its bow proudly bore a carved statue of a Wind Sprite. To any trained shipbuilder's eye, the skyship could only be described as an elegantly sleek masterpiece. And indeed it was, with its three broad masts and puffed up lightsails undulating against the wind, the ship looked as if it was straining to take off into the sky where it belonged. Along its front, spelled in hammered polished gold letters was the word Anarthiren. At the sight of the ship, Talyndra could not help as a wide grin brightened her face.

"This... is the Anarthiren, my sister's crowning glory and also our ride to the north!" She proudly declared. A quick glance around and Talyndra surmised that the four rangers had already arrived and gone on board. She wondered what they thought of her when she had drifted back to join to accompany the foreigner. She knew they wouldn't dare question her actions, as she was their superior for the expedition. Even as that thought crossed her mind, she surprised herself by quickly shrugging it off. It did not matter what they thought. She ran an appreciative hand along the polished Heartwood hull before turning back to Nicholas, a gleam in her eye. "Come on up!"

She dismounted and hurried to the boarding plank. A bunch of hulking Nektara busy loading supplies looked up as the Elf passed, and waved in greeting. As they stepped onto the polished deck, Talyndra cupped her hands around her mouth and called out seemingly to no one in particular. Her gaze roamed across the breadth of the ship, as if searching for someone.

"Quel`andune! Nae saian luume'mellonamin Elheim el`Naral!" Her rich voice rang out above the chatter of the handful of sailors loading the last few supplies. They stood in the center of the deck, Talyndra settled her eyes expectantly at the ornate doors leading to the bridge, for a moment there was no answering call.

"Yallume! Aaye lirimaer, cormamin lindua ele lle Talyndra iel`Farandir!" A booming voice sounded from behind them. Talyndra gave a little cry of delight and turned to behold a smartly dressed Captain. Towering at nearly seven feet, the man wore a dark forest green ship captain's coat, with immaculately polished silver buttons across his broad chest. A bicorn complete with white plumed feather sat on his head, and an elaborate rapier was tucked to his side where his hands currently rested. With his broad physical built, squarish jaw, deep set grey eyes and equally greying beard the Captain was quite clearly human. Though many weathered lines and even a scar decorated his visage, his eyes gleamed with a fire that could lighten the coldest winter nights.

Talyndra stepped forward to embrace the man and Elheim returned the favour with a warm bear hug. Releasing the petite elf who had a broad smile on her face he couldn't help but remark, "The last time I saw you years ago, you were this tall..." He bent slightly forwards and in a slightly mocking gesture, placed his hand atop the elf's head. "Oh... you were the same height! I guess you haven't grown much taller since. Pity, you were an early bloomer." Elheim feigned disappointment as he shook his head.

"Auta miqula orqu, Elheim!" Talyndra could not help it. She had always been sensitive about her height, though she wasn't particularly short, she nevertheless was on the lower end of the spectrum.

"Tsk, tsk... manners child, manners." The bearded man shook his head, though he could barely contain himself and let out a chuckle at their little banter. As if finally catching sight of the Deadlander, Elheim cocked his head slightly in the direction of the human rogue and winked. "Has she given you any trouble?" It was more of a statement than a question as the Captain stepped forward and extended a calloused hand to Nicholas for a shake.

"Vedui Vanharen!" A broad brightened his face but steely eyes regarded the rogue carefully, as if sizing the young man up.

"Elheim el`Naral at your service! The elves call me Elheim the Emerald, though I dont quite fancy such suffixes. Regardless, I'm the Captain of this marvelous beauty-" the man gestured expansively over the vessel, "and also forever indebted to Tanadris, our dear Talyndra's sister. Which is why I jumped at the opportunity to provide some measure of assistance."

. . . | . . .​

~TRANSLATIONS~

"Quel`andune! Nae saian luume'mellonamin Elheim`el Naral!" - Good afternoon! It has been too long my friend, Elheim`el Naral!

"Yallume! Aaye lirimaer, cormamin lindua ele lle Talyndra iel`Farandir!" - At long last! Hail my dearest, Talyndra daughter of House Farandir!

"Auta miqula orqu, Elheim!" - Go kiss an orc, Elheim!

Vedui Vanharen - Greetings Vanharen​

"If you meant what should we expect, then well... we board a skyship, and will make our way as far North as possible. The journey will take several days to reach the foothills of the Skyreach Highlands. We'll do a more proper briefing once we're up in the air"

The thought of having been in the sky for multiple days unnerved the young reaver, though the female elf's answer would satisfy his curiosity for the time being. As they continued to walk, Nicholas busied himself by observing the merchants alongside the road that was acutely small. He scoffed at what elves and dwarfs were paying for the spices that came from his land. Granted he understood why such cheap goods were being sold at the unreasonable price. Farming, let alone owning land in Vanharen was taxing.

It seemed that pathways shrunk tenfold, forcing Nicholas to fall behind Taylndra. Her long locks of amber hair tickled his nose, as the light breeze began to rise. Though the rogue was too entranced by the scenery to be bothered by the nuisance The bright rays of the sun and simple yet alluring plant life kept him enticed to keep his silence. Finally, the path seemed to reopen or rather widen. The view of multiple skyships had Nicholas starstruck. Their different designs and sizes fascinated him. His blue hues wide expressing nothing but awe.

"Come, it's not much further."

The young reaver hadn't paid much mind to Taylndra as he was too busy brushing his fingertips against vibrant galleon smooth wooden texture, occasionally taking hold of a tassel and rubbing the soft fabric between his fingers. Nicholas stop his admiration of the skyship, once he heard Taylndra voice, bleeding with pride. However, when she turned to face him, it seemed he had lost the ability to speak, simply getting lost in her bright jade eyes.

"Come on up!"

Nicholas complied without hesitance, following up right after her. He bowed gracefully before the bulking Nektar, in hopes that he would be given fair chance to prove himself to these people unlike those who sent him glares during their travel to the airfield. In truth he didn't care what the elves or dwarfs thought of him, it was the court that ordered him to be polite. "You do care for the female elves opinion, boy." his companion taunted. " Shut it. You chose to be silent for the whole walk here and the first thing you do is tease me!" The rouge grumbled to himself. "You seemed to be enjoying yourself, I didn't wish to pester you then..." the elf spirit replied.

"Quel`andune! Nae saian luume'mellonamin Elheim el`Naral!"
"Yallume! Aaye lirimaer, cormamin lindua ele lle Talyndra iel`Farandir!"

The loud and commanding voice in contrast to Talyndra sweet one brought the rogue to look her way and see her running to give a large man a hug. Both the older man's attire and grey hair emphasized his age and prestige. More importantly, the man was human, lacking the pointy ears that all elves had. Relief washed over Nicholas, thankful to see that he wouldn't be the only human on the skyship.

However, Nicholas was more intrigued by the female elf's overjoyed reaction to the older male. A strange sense of jealousy and hurt came over the young reaver, wishing that Talyndra would treat him in such a manner. He knew it was childish to feel such emotions for an elf who he did not know. Not to mention she was in a higher class than himself. Still seeing her act in such a playful manner made him greatly regret his action from early even more so.

"Has she given you any trouble?"

" No, in fact, she was rather silent during our journey. Though I supposed I brought that upon myself. I had twirled her without permission." Nicholas replied sheepishly, before giving the captain a firm handshake while offering him a small smile. His blue hues taking in the captain's large frame displeased to see that the captain easily towered over him.

"Elheim, it is a pleasure to meet you. It is relief to see another human, some elves have taken my presence here with great hostility. I do hope you can tell me how you earned the friendships of these elves. As I do not have company in Vaheran." Nicholas continued, his shoulders sagging slightly as he spoke. He could only hope being open to Elhiem would lead to a small friendship. After all his only true companion was a spirit. " Oh stop, you're making me blush." the elf spirit spoke sarcastically.

"I wish to be friends with Talyndra...maybe more," Nicholas added, just barely above a whisper, so that Talyndra wouldn't hear him. Though his flushing cheeks may have given him away. He shot the female elf a small smile, wanting nothing more but express his interest in her. The young rogue knew doing so would be idiotic, as his 'crush' was based on the little he knew about her.

. . . | . . .
Indications for Dialogue

blue= Talyndra
grey=captain
bold= elf spirit

Talyndra discreetly watched the exchange of greetings between Nicholas and the captain. Elheim's eyes briefly shifted to match Talyndra's as if silently asking her about the man. Talyndra shrugged. She cleared her throat and turned away momentarily, allowing Elheim to speak for a moment.

Elheim, it is a pleasure to meet you. It is relief to see another human, some elves have taken my presence here with great hostility. I do hope you can tell me how you earned the friendships of these elves. As I do not have company in Vaheran."

"Perhaps you can start by not thinking of them as 'these elves'." Elheim chuckled in reply, his brown eyes glinting. He was about to turn away, when he heard the Rogue add in quieter tones.

"I wish to be friends with Talyndra...maybe more,"

It took him a moment, but with a sudden "AHAHAHAH!" the Captain suddenly burst with deep laughter, causing the Talyndra to frown and look over wondering what the matter was, but Elheim just shook his head. He moved to clap the young rogue on his back. "Well m'boy... best to concentrate on your duty at hand, s'all I'm gunna say."

"I think we should get underway... hmm?" A cool voice spoke out. Talyndra appeared by the two men's sides.

"Hmm?! Yes.. yes of course! HOCIRI`HOPA! Lume ana`auta!" Captain Elheim bellowed to a chorus of 'Ayes!' and affirmatives from his crew as they leapt to action, swiftly disengaging the Anarthiren from her moorings and anchors. The clipper lurched and then a low beating hum reverberated from within the bowels of the skyship. There was another rumble and then a lurch as the skyship bumped against its moorings. Talyndra temporarily lost her balance but managed to catch herself against one of the masts.

"We will be leaving shortly... once we have taken off and steadied our course, we will have to meet Elheim to discuss our route. For now, what would you like to do? I can show you to your quarters or take you around the ship, if you're interested?" Talyndra raised a quizzical eyebrow. Inwardly, she was mildly surprised she so easily became accustomed to the presence of the rogue. Part of her was bewildered at her behavior. It was as if you've been told your whole life that you should hate something, but only when you meet it, the most natural and easiest thing to do was quite the opposite. this created a quandary of sorts within the elf.

. . . | . . .

HOCIRI`HOPA! Lume ana`auta! - CAST OFF THE MOORINGS! Time to go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back