• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ANDARUN - A World Reborn (wip)

Lekiel

Two Thousand Club
Supporter
Roleplay Construction Progress 85%

BEST VIEWED USING GOOGLE CHROME IN DEFAULT RPN THEME
not recommended for mobile viewing​
disclaimer:
My eyes are crying QwQ, so the coding and text will be awkward for now! Hopefully I can get it up and running soon ^^! This RP is an original by me and a dear friend of mine. It is inspired by other RPs, books and games we have seen along the way. Of course, it's about as 'original' as the idea of elves and dwarves are... But if you think I have stolen your idea unjustly, just let me know with proof and I will gladly remove or alter it ^^; This will serve as the background info for future RP storylines of mine =D Oh and if you see anything out of the ordinary, especially with the coding, do let me know V____V. I'm totally flattened getting this out.

Most of the pictures and music I have used here are simply to enhance the view of this world I have created. I in no way claim ownership of them. If you are the original owner and would like me to stop utilizing your work, I will gladly remove them =]!

credits: IctoraPost IctoraPost without whom I would have surely died by BBcode madness *@&#HJDG@&*!

In Memory of Cecilia<3

Thou art a Curiositor?
Curiousor and curiousor.

full

Thou art a Curiositor?
Curiousor and curiousor.

full

full
We've always lived and died in our own little world of reality. Of course, the idea of 'reality' has been debated from time to time, in our petty little squables in order to somehow, justify our existence. Well, I'm not here for this and you get my point. From time to time, you'd probably heard of stories from the Underworld.. but I'm not here for that either... I'm here, to tell you about the Overworlds, birthplace of the Gods, a mold for their very first creations, a testing ground for their imagination.. a place, where countless others have lived and died...

Centuries long before the world as we know it... no, millennia before that, our world... Earth... was created by a very powerful race of people. They were the Calaseld, beings of immense power dwelling in a place called the Overworld.

The Calaseld longed to give life, to create. Though powerful, there weren't many of them and they knew one day, they would eventually retire to their eternal rest within the vaults of the Tribunal of Time, the center of the Overworld.

Thus, the Calaseld created. First, they created the Seravim. Powerful beings, each with glorious wings sweeping forth from their backs. To the Seravim, the Calaseld gave a portion of their power. Just a tiny bit, but even then, it was immeasurable. The Seravim were to look after all of creation, and to live in the Overworld when the Calaseld slept. Of all the Seravim, eight were exhorted high above the others. They, were to be the Keepers of the Overworlds:

full

The first was Ishaelais (Is-hae-li).

Shield Maiden of the Overworld, Guardian for the Tribunal of Time.

Second was Handrumal (Ha-dru-mal).

Lord of the Plains and King of the Mountain, Sovereign over the Seravim he lead them.

Then came Felariel (Fee-lia-riel).

Lady of the Woods, sustainer and renewer of life.

Fourth was Salazzar (Sar-laz-zar).

Hand of Justice, Patron of the Rogues, he was the balance.

Fifth came Eweca and Anara (Ee-we-ka, A-na-ra)

One they were not, twins they danced to the Circle of Days.

Sixth was Gisharael (Gish-a-ra-el)

His was the Whispers of the Mind, Figments of unbound imagination, watcher of Dreams.

Seventh was Nefari (Nee-far-ree)

Keeper of Lore, hers was the Gift of Possibilities.

Last came Maferath (Ma-fe-a-wrath)

Voidwalker he treads alone, Ambassador between the worlds, Gatemaster of Oblivion.

full

and so the Seravim were created to watch over creation, over us, Earth and the Overworld. They could not interfere directly but could influence in small ways. A gentle prodding in the right direction, visions and whispers in the silence... To you and I, they were known simply as, the Gods.
full

But we are not here to speak of what they are in our world... No, that story is for another time. What we speak of now, is of the Overworld, the birth place of the Gods. For here, the Calaseld left touches of their pre-creations... with subtle differences. We know not of the details for such things have faded into the bowels of time... but what we do know, is even among the Calaseld there were three who reigned supreme; known as the Tribune. Siblings of sort two were as different from each other as Light is to Darkness. Their true names long forgotten, now simply known as Iolos and Valos. They each had a sister, Miseli she was known, grey as she stood in between.

Knowing they had to leave the Overworlds behind, they decided to populate it with their creations and together they did. Animals and creatures of sort began to fill the land. However, Iolos looked upon them and frowned, for they lacked his ambition, ingenuity and strong will. Thus, he created the humans and dwarves. Not to be outdone, Valos created demons, and other twisted beings; orcs, trolls and goblins were among them. The chaos of his being infested them and consumed them, turning them into creatures of unbridled darkness and evil. For as they were mere creations, they could not contain nor withstand the seeds of darkness within them... or perhaps it was Valos himself who made them that way, we would never know. Miseli herself created, though she was aloof to the constant fewding between her siblings. She created beings of mysticism, balance and wisdom, the banevolent Ancient Dragons, the Fae; such as Elves and the Saelas. Like her, they shared an indifference towards the feuds of the other races.

~The Present~

Through the many courses of history, many great wars and epic struggles, the rise and fall of empires, the Overworld has changed. The Calaseld no longer walk the lands, the realms no longer graced with their awesome power. Even the Seravim have vanished, leaving behind echoes of a mighty past. Many a tale has been spun, of how the Calaseld slept within the Tribunal of Time, center of the Overworlds, a place that was within but yet not within the world itself. Tales of the Seravim who watched over their slumbering creators, silently carrying out their duty before our eyes, and yet we are blind to it. All these and more, myth and legend they were. Whether it was true or just a figment of imagination, it was up to the beholder.

What is real however, is the land you stand upon now... A living being struggling to survive against the odds. The walls that protect your home as the legions ravage the land... The armies that guard your borders and ensure that the King still had people to rule. What is real, is that the benevolent and intelligent dragons of the past age are all but vanished, leaving behind mindless terrifying wyrms of uncontained power many guarding a hoard of treasure so rich you could build a Kingdom with it. What is real, are the three remaining empires that still stand against the ageless chaos, that is The Wretched...

**Please read this before you delve any deeper into this world... I understand that immersing oneself into what must be a foreign land to you, might be overwhelming at first. As such, I will detail here and now, what you need to know, and what you may otherwise peruse at your own leisure time in order to get started. Below, you will find three homelands from which you will choose (the gifs are clickable buttons!). Read the brief outline, and if any of them catches your interest, you may proceed straight to that land without having to read the others. Additionally, choosing certain character 'classes' might require that you read additional lore associated with that class. Generally, the more complex the class (i.e. spellcasters) the more you'd have to read; afterall, the average Andarunian takes years to master the art of spells. However, if you feel that your soul has the capacity to consume anything and everything the Overworlds has to offer, feel free to read everything =) I might even be interested in collaborating with you if you do ^_^ ! Right at the bottom, you will find the library. Do find time to read the "Beginner's Guidebook" and "Skyships". You will also find the "Material Codex" useful for your roleplaying needs. The others, are optional.

~The Kingdoms, Races & Character Classes~

THE THREE KINGDOMS
"Greetings traveller, it is time you chose your homeland... will you forge an alliance with The Bloodsworn? Or perhaps the glorious Dominion of Arya? Or will you make the unliving of Vanharen your brethren?"

The Bloodsworn

Ruled by a Tribunal (3 Monarchies: Courts of the Elven King, Dwarven King and Saelas Queen), The Bloodsworn is situated towards the north-west, bordering upon the Sendarfeld Glades and the Skyreach Highlands. It was founded towards the end of the Age of Desecration; when The Wretched had grown so powerful, annihilating everything in its path that what remained of the elves and dwarves decided they could not fight the war alone. Banding together, they simply called themselves "The Bloodsworn". Through many a great war they have survived. Losing many but gaining more until now, they stand strong, stalwart as the Skyreach Mountains yet still mysterious as the Sendarfeld Glades. With the passage of time, "The Bloodsworn" have seen the addition of a few new alliances, the Saelas and Nektara. They also tolerate a minority of humans and in rare cases, actually welcome them into their home. Welfare of the bloodsworn humans are looked after by the dwarves. The Grove of Elders, consisting of Nektara Ancients are a revered group by the other races (especially the Saelas Queen), and though they generally stay away from petty politics, their council is often sought for various matters concerning the surrounding lands and The Wretched. Various gods have been associated with The Bloodsworn though the main ones are Handrumal (dwarves), Eweca and Anara (elves), Felariel (Elf, Nektara and Saelas), Gisharael (Saelas); ancient Fae used to worship the Elder Goddess Miseli, though the priesthood has long since faded from time. Aran`Fadrasil is the capital city of The Bloodsworn.

Find out more!
Dominion of Arya

The Dominion of Arya also known as the Steel Empire is the largest of the three Kingdoms in terms of population size, its people consisting of two human demographics. The tribal Dvara and the Sea People, or better known as the Aryan Humans. Many Aryans hold a largely xenophobic view of all that is unnatural to them i.e. anything that is not human. It was said that in ages past, a race of men called the Sea People, came from across the maelstrom in the Southern Sea and settled in the Southern reaches of the Overworld. They were led by Darius the Great, First Commander of the Absolute King and held one belief. The belief that their King, the Arya was the one-and-only God's appointed ruler. The belief that this God, Iolos, was the only celestial being worthy of being called a God and that the deities of the other races blaspheme against the Church of Iolos. When the Sea People came ashore, they met the Dvara (d-Va-Ra). The Sea People soon found out that these noble and stoic tribe worshiped the same God as they do. From there, they formed an alliance and together the two races of man began a new civilization.

The Kingdom of Arya is ruled by a single God-Emperor, together with the Patriarch of the Church of Iolos; no one has seen the Emperor's face as it has always been kept well hidden under gold mask. This has helped a great deal with the whispered rumours that the current Emperor is the very same one from the days of Founding. Magic are amongst the things that the Church deems heresy. Anyone caught practicing it is publicly and severely punished. In the past, the Steel Empire have launched skirmishes against the other two Kingdoms but these have largely ended in stalemates. From glory to glory, the Kingdom of Arya stands strong, solid as its given name; the Steel Empire. Midranthos is the Capital of Arya.

Find out more!
Vanharen

The Vanharen, or Deadlands, is located towards the east. Bordering upon the Miramoor Marshlands in the far east and the Harghaast Woods to the north, it was always a wonder why the Vanharen chose to live where they live; a decaying and hostile land. Perhaps the oldest of the three civilizations The Vanharen was once a lush plains, filled with fertile soil. The humans that made their homes there lived in peace and with little fear. The only problem plaguing the lands being, which pig was fatter and thus more ready to be made into pork. It was then that the Age of Decay began, forever changing the people of the Vanharen. The clouds grew dark and torrential rain began to pour, turning the once green lowlands into swampy bog. Rumours of Void Portals opening towards the east boded of darker times to come. Then Miransar, their second largest city on the border of the Harghaast Woods, began reporting of shapeless horrors that stalked the fringes of their land. A week later, all contact from Miransar was lost. The people of the city of Vanharen were paralyzed by fear, their leaders at a loss. The Wretched hordes lay waiting towards the west, and now unnamed horrors in the east. Patrols sent to Miransar never returned, and they were too afraid to send out their army, in case they were attacked. Then came the nightmares; twisted creatures of the vilest imagination and blood lusting lizardmen. They poured out of the swamp and attacked the Vanharen. The people fought bravely, having nowhere to run to, it was to fight, or be dragged away into the swamp where untold horrors awaited them. By sheer will alone, they kept the horrors at bay. Despite that, with each passing day more defenders fell, with fewer rising to take their place.

It was during the most dire times, thirteen individuals appeared to the Vanharen. No one knew where they came from, they simply appeared. They were tall, foreboding and dressed in tattered black robes. Calling themselves the Gate Council, they offered the Vanharen a solution. Necromancy, the ancient and long forgotten taboo form of magic. Desperate and faced with no other choice, the leaders of the Vanharen acquiescent to the suggestion and allowed the Gate Council to teach the people Necromancy. Waking the dead, the Vanharen multiplied their forces and pushed the horrors back, driving them deep into the swamps. Saved at last, the people of Vanharen were forever changed, embracing the long buried art of Necromancy into their everyday lives. The Gate Council stayed with them for several years before disappearing without so much as a whispering shadow. It was said that they dwell in the afterlife, living between the realm of the living and beyond, watching for the time when they should return.

The people of the Deadlands worship the lesser god, Maferath. Serahaz also known as Vanharen City is their Capital (Serahaz being the old name, before the coming of the Gate Council) The Vanharen are now ruled by thirteen Lords, also called the Vanharen Thirteen. They are the 13 strongest Houses of the land, and though their rule goes largely unchallenged, it is not a permanent position.

Find out more!

full

full

a
WARMASTER
RANGER
STORMLORD

ENCHANTER

ROGUE

full

-Races of The Bloodsworn-

Elves:
Graceful and proud, sometimes to the point of being arrogant, the elves form one of the two largest portions of The Bloodsworn. Rumoured to have once been near immortal, their lifespan is now around 500 years. They mature at the same rate as humans though this maturation drastically slows at the age of 30; until a rapid decline in the last several decades. Similar in height to humans but of more slender built, the elves are divided into two sub-races; Sun Elves and Moon Elves or Anarhin and Isilhin (Children of the Sun and Moon). Fair haired and olive skinned, the Sun Elves dedicate themselves to Anara, Goddess of the Sun. Sun Elves have exceptional vision during the day though their eyesight is normal (relative to a human) during the night.
full
Moon Elves have pale translucent skin and are dark sometimes silver haired. They honor Eweca, the Moon Goddess. They have exceptional vision in low light and a hint of ultravision (can see heat signatures) in darkness. However, glaring broad open daylight causes flares in their vision making their sight inferior to their olive skinned cousins. Children of mixed elven parentage usually take after the same gender parent. Daughters will take after their mothers and sons their fathers (e.g. the son of an Anarhin mother and Isilhin Father will be born an Isilhin). There are no instances of a mixed elf (SunMoon Elf), they're either one or the other.

Dwarves:

Stout and strong, the average height for a dwarf is between 4 and 4 and half feet. Their toughened skin from metal forging and mine-working make them more resilient to extreme temperatures and physical trauma. Despite that, they are somwhat magic illiterate unable to fully utilize the magicks of the stormlords; the exception being their skill and talent for metal and stone working being so good it becomes a different kind of magic wielding. Average lifespan of a dwarf is around 250 years.

Saelas:
Mischievous, playful, cunning and mysterious. Saelas are truly a magical race i'mtryingtobesarcastichere. Slight in body built, the average height for a Saelas is between 3 and 5 and half feet (rarely this tall though). Their features are somewhat similar to the elves though their hair comes in a variety of colours, and they generally have sharper chins. They also have small horns protruding from their heads akin to that of a deer's, but these can vary in size. Due to their built, Saelas are not known for their physical strength. A mystical race, some of the oldest Saelas dreamcatchers are even known to have iridescent wings. Average lifespan of the Saelas is a thousand years; they mature at the same rate as humans but are not considered an adult till the age of 60... but really, they can be so playful, makes you wonder what being an adult means!

Nektara:
Extremely mild tempered and light hearted, the flower people are perhaps the only race that are thoroughly amused by the oft unintentionally hazardous antics of the Saelas.
full
Resembling the flora of the great forest around the Sendarfeld Glades, the Nektara are humanoid in stature, though some parts of their body are plantlike in varying degrees. From having bark-like skin to leaves as their hair; according to their culture, the more 'plantlike' and less 'humanoid' they are, the greater the aesthetic worth. Despite their resemblance to flora, they are no more vulnerable to fire as the average human. Additionally, they are immune to poisons of organic nature. Nektara are in fact stronger or more dextrous (up to twice the average human) when amongst thriving natural environment. They suffer from Earthlonging when treading upon barren land or are surrounded by bare rock (such as in deep caves of high mountains). The sickness gives them a perpetual headache and if exposed too long, could also disrupt their sense of balance and vision. Nektara never die of old age, although the older they get, their movements become more sluggish and they grow more to resemble the flora around them. When they know their time is coming, many Nektara venture in
to the Garden's of Amithilea where they will remain, a beautiful tribute to the ancestors of old. Average Nektara lifespan (before they retreat into the gardens) is between 800 and 1200 years. They mature at different rates although decline usually only sets in in the last quarter of their lives. Nektara body sizes vary from being as diminutive as the Saelas to hulking tree warriors at 8 feet tall.

Humans:
The smallest minority race amongst the Bloodsworn, they are also the most shunned especially by the elves. This is mostly due to the fact that most humans within the Bloodsworn are the descendents of former Aryanites. Earning the trust of the Bloodsworn as a human is no small feat as many Bloodsworn can tell the difference between a human from their own homeland and that of the Steel Empire. Most humans live closer to the south where they ply their trade as merchants, ferrying goods from the township of Haven to Aran`fadrasil. Bloodsworn humans average lifespan is about 110 years.

-Classes-

**Classes are divided into 4 varieties. Standard class, Specialists which are an offshoot from the standard often requiring individuals to be of certain racial or background traits, Elites which are individuals with exceptional skill and experience and lastly, Legends, which are simply the paragons of their kind.. Beings who exist only in tales of old. Being a specialist/elite does not automatically mean being superior to a standard class in terms of prowess**

Warmaster:
Warmasters make up the main bulk of the dwarven army. Experience on the battle field make the Warmasters excellent tacticians; though some would sacrifice this intelligence to be able to swing an axe harder. Well versed in heavy melee weaponry, some dwarves are able to harness a pent up rage within them to fight with extreme brutility. This ability is of course, aided by the consumption of copious amounts of alcohol. Restriction - Humans, Elves, Nektara and dwarves

#1b

Special: Berserker
Think less, drink more, fight more. Shock troops of the dwarven army, berserkers sacrifice defense by wearing lighter armor in exchange for dealing massive amounts of punishment. They can also harness a raging bloodlust to temporarily ignore pain, though they will pay a painful price when the bloodlust ends.R - Dwarf

#1c

Legends - Silverbeard.
Legends tell of the first Silverbeards who appeared during the Age of Awakening. They were a monastic sect of dwarves devoting their lives to the patron god, the sovereign King Under the Mountain. Able to channel a near unstoppable might, these mighty dwarves could reach new heights in their berserker ability so much so that they become near invulnerable for a time. This prowess does not come without a price. At the end of their fight, these dwarves are eventually overcome by exhaustion and their injuries. Despite that, every tale of them tells of how a lone Silverbeard could desolate an entire army of The Wretched. Their Order has long since disbanded without a trace for several ages.R - Dwarf

Storm Lord:
The Storm Lords are masters of elemental magic. Wielding devastating power, Storm Lords can hurl bolts of ice, fire and electricity. They can also hasten the winds at the feet of allies to make them move quicker. To be a Stormlord or any of the related classes, please peruse the 'Lore' section below and read the associated book on magic. R - Elf, Saelas, Human, Nektara

#2b

Elite - Tempest:
full
An elite conclave of Storm Lords under direct command from the Elven King. Tempests are Storm Lords adept at a particular element, at the cost of losing substantial ability to use others. They are usually distinguished by their robes and from the sheer power that emanates from their eyes. Their control over their element is so powerful that they can call down flaming meteors from the sky or even freezing blizzards over an army; although it is no small feat and takes plenty of energy and concentration from the Tempest. R - Saelas, Elf, Nektara, Human (very rare)

#2c

Special - Planeswalker:
full
Planeswalkers are born, not created. Only a handful of elves receive this gift. Like Tempests, each Planeswalker is particularly adept at a certain element (but not as restricted to it as a Tempest). As their name suggests, a Planeswalker is able to tap into the elemental realm itself to call upon planar spirits. Forgoing the use of offensive spells, a Planeswalker can command the Planar Spirit to aid them in battle, with similar if not more devastating effects. R - Elf

#2d

full
Legends - Hel`fenari.
Hel`fenari translates from old elven to literally mean, One With Them. Hel`fenaris are the epitome of every Storm Lord. It is what they secretly long to be, and yet fear that they become one. Creatures of legend, for there are none known in the present. The Hel`fenari is a Planeswalker and Tempest combined, and then his power magnified a hundred-fold. There have been few Helfenaris known by time, even fewer have been recorded into song or tale but one thing was for certain. The bane of every Helfenari... was their very own power. Filled with such awesome power, it was said that the Hebfenari could not contain it within himself. His mind was crushed and so was his sanity, turning him into a mindless elemental entity, a danger to friend or foe. Thankfully, what was known of these legends is that they have all faded in time. Whether it be by huge armies of a whole empire, countless adventurers sent to kill them, or that the Hebfenari retained a small hold of their mind, forcing themselves through the void and into the elemental realm before they could harm the people it once loved. R - Elf

Ranger:
If there is one thing the elven army is known for, it is their rangers. Specialists in all areas, they can fight in the melee through the elven art of bladedancing. At range, their skilled use of the elven longbow makes them all the more deadlier. Some of the larger Saelas have even become accomplished rangers. Despite that, their small body size generally restricts most Saelas from considering vigorous physical combat. R - Human, Elf, Nektara, Saelas (rare)

#3b

Special - Sungarde
Sungarde are rangers who wish to further hone their skills in archery and range attacks. On the battlefield, they sometimes ride the vicious Hippogriffs to rain death from above. Sungardes also receive basic training from Storm Lords, gaining the ability to fire elemental infused arrows for further damage, however, this prevents them from carrying armaments made of metal. Sungardes are best known for their ability to perform `Anara's Fury`. Through years of practice and by offering prayers to their Goddess, the Sungarde imbues a single arrow with such power that it can penetrate the toughest of defenses. Fired like a lance of sunlight, Anara's Fury has the potential to decimate a whole line of enemies who were unfortunate enough to stand in its path. R - Sun Elf

#3c

full
Special - Moongarde.
Devotees of the Goddess Eweca, the Moongarde is a ranger who wishes to concentrate more on the art of blade dancing and battleflow. Wearing medium to no armour and armed with long spear glaves or twin swords, the Moon Guard can cut through ranks of enemies so effortlessly that they make fighting almost too easy; as though they were simply floating around the battlefield. As they live and breathe for the bladedance, Moongarde have superior instincts such that they can fight even when nearly all their cognitive sense are suppressed. Although more than capable with a bow, most Moongarde have trained themselves to deal with ranged treats the same way they would in close combat. R - Moon Elf

#3d

Elite - Calenfar
The Calenfar, or Rangers of the Emerald Hunt, are an devout group of priestesses in service to Felariel, Lady of The Hunt. They are among the Bloodsworn's best trackers and pathfinders, occasionally lending a hand on the battlefield as well. To be a Calenfar is to be exceptional not only in the ways of the ranger, but also wise in the understanding of all that is nature. Whether on foot or riding atop the ferocious white panthers, the appearance of the Calenfar on the battlefield is truly a sight to behold. Though they can fight with the blade or the bow, each Calenfar carries a circular glaive, their ceremonial weapon. Circular, to represent the circle that is life, the glaive has protruding blades around its edge like petals of a flower and can be from the size of a palm, to as large as a round shield. Glaives can used by the Calenfar for both melee and range combat. Although males are never chosen, some exceptional rangers are recognized by them and presented with a title, "The Emerald"; though such occurrences are very rare. R - Female Saelas (very rare), Female Elf, Male Elf (rare)

Enchanter:
full
Nature is thy friend. A phrase so often coined by mentors to aspiring enchanters. The powers of an enchanter is in her ability to befriend and understand the language of the wilds. Their powers extend beyond the natural fauna (unnatural beings are unaffected; e.g. dire wolves) and some skilled enchanters have been known to sprout lashing vines and thorns out of the ground to ambush all who oppose nature. Whether it involves charming an enraged grizzly or scouting through the eyes of a hawk, the resourcefulness of an enchanter cannot be denied. Most enchanters form a bond with a particular animal, which carries on till death. When forced into a melee, enchanters are far from defenseless, favouring long curved daggers and whips. To be an Enchanter or any of the related class, please peruse the 'Lore' tab and read the associated book on magic. R - Elf, Saelas, Nektara

#4b

Special - Dreamcatcher.
full
The Saelas Dreamcatchers are often overlooked and dismissed as a minor threat by many an unfortunate soul. Their seemingly lack of outward display of magical power or weapon mastery might be the cause of this. Despite that, the Dreamcatcher are more formidable than one might think. Whether it be charming an enemy to fight against its kin, or enchanting a clumsy ally to fight like a grandmaster, are among the things a Dreamcatcher can do. Dreamcatchers delve deep into a person's subconsciousness. A powerful Dreamcatcher can see right into the depths of thought and pick out your worse nightmares, the most beautiful dreams, your fears... and use them against you. They can make you see things, as some would put it, or even make one live a nightmare. Dreamcatchers can also cast illusions, though such a feat is energy intensive R - Saelas

#4c

Special - Sylvan:
full
Nektara Sylvans take simple enchanting down a different season altogether from the Dreamcatchers. Ever seen a leaf dragon? They're as cute and deadly as their namesake! Sylvan's through their bond with nature, can sprout and serenade plants as though it were a living breathing creature. From forming protective armour made out of the hardest Heartwood to summoning hulking behemoth's of the forest to their bidding, you would not want to step on a Sylvan's toes... err, roots the wrong way. When traveling, Sylvan's often carry pouches of seeds for spontaneous growth should vegetation be unavailable. R - Nektara

#4d

Legends - Ethereal.
It was said that long before the Saelas had joined the Alliance, they held such great power that all who saw it, could not help but bow before its might. The Saelas Ethereals are perhaps the only living remnants of this once great power and only a handful live at a given time. There is only one limit to the power of an Ethereal; his imagination. Whether exaggerated or truth, many claim to have seen the reclusive Ethereals call forth mystical beasts and legions of soldiers at a moment's thought. Whatever it be, the Ethereals rarely see the need to dwell in the real world, preferring to walk on the mystical soil of the Emerald Realm. R - Saelas

#4d

Legends - Felariel's Handmaiden.
full
Spoken of in reverent awe by Nektara mothers to their saplings.. err kids.. The story goes that once every two thousand years, when the four winds clash against each other, the Amithilea, the greatest and oldest tree in the forests of the Sendarfeld Glades will bear a seed. From amongst the Nektara, they must choose the best of them, one whose heart runs purer than the forest streams, and whose will is stronger than the toughest Heartwood. This Chosen must take the seed up to the highest peak of the Skyreach Highlands, and there she will find a gleaming temple where she must beseech the Mountain King's blessing, for it is He who guides the earth to give life. The Chosen will then return to the Amithilea, and dedicate herself and the seed to Felariel, The Lady of the Woods. If the Goddess deems the Chosen pure of heart, seed and Nektara shall become one, and she shall then enter into the Heart of the Amithilea, renewing the forest of its Spirit, giving life anew. Thus, if you keep your heart still and listen, as you tread amongst the trees of Andarun, you will hear her song, the Song of the Forest.. chosen guardian of all nature. Of course, no one has ever seen the Seed of Amithilea.. =] R - Nektara

Rogue:
In any establish Kingdom, there is bound to be a certain group of individuals who prefer the dealings of the underground world. Armed with stealth, rogues fight with concealed weapons and anything that gives them the most advantage over their opponents, whether it is considered fair or not. R - Any (except Nektara)

Elite - Infiltrator.
full
Known by many names, Court Assassins, Infiltrators, but perhaps most infamously, Royal Assassins. It is often said, there is no difference between the Rangers and the Royal Assassins, except for one thing. Allegiance. The Rangers loyalty is with the forests; the Assassins, themselves. A popular tavern tale was that the first Royal Assassins were once Rangers. It was during a particularly bloody war with The Aryan empire that a group of Rangers decided that the only way to win, was to resort to subterfuge and shadow dealings; this of course, breaks their Ranger code of honor. Displeased, the Calenfari exiled them from the ranks. Regardless of their origins, Infiltrators today are the royal assassins of the three courts. Outwardly declared non-existent by the rulers, the infiltrators carry out the dirty work for all nobles. Despite their nature, their principles dictate that they should be loyal only to The Bloodsworn... or rather.. certain factions of The Bloodsworn (that bids the highest). To be an Infiltrator or any of the related class, please peruse the 'Lore' tab and read the associated book on rogues. R - Any (except Nektara)

. , ; ' ` ~ * ~ ` ' ; , . , ; ' ` ~ * ~ ` ' ; , .

full

full

full

a------------------
ALCHEMIST
KNIGHT
ACOLYTE

INQUISITOR

SHAS`LI

full

Themesong: Dominion

-Races of Arya-

Human:
The most numerous race in Andarun, humans are known for their ability to adapt and their spontaneous drive for progress and change. However, they are frowned upon by some of the other races for their constant need to expand and control, driving them towards a culture of frequent warfare. This fiery trait in particular, is most plainly evident with the humans of the Steel Empire. Though the Dominion is seemingly ruled by one, there are many underlying political powers that fight for influence within the Empire. Average lifespan of an Aryanite human is 90 years.

Dvara:

full
Before the Sea People (as the Aryans of old were called) came led by Darius the Great, Conqueror Beyond the Maelstrom, the Dvara were a tribalistic race of nomadic herdsmen. They believed in their Creator God of all Gods, Io. Standing at an average of 7 feet, with tan or olive skin and muscular athletic physiques, the Dvara were fierce and formidable warriors. However, their demeanor was far from savage, their only sworn enemies were creatures of Chaos. Noble and gentle, the Dvara lived a life set in principles and value the life of every single creature, big or small. Honorable to a fault, a Dvara's word is his bond. To an outsider, it is always a wonder how such noble humans could stand being near their volatile brethren. Perhaps it is simply because they worship the same God, one would never know. In fact, the few outsiders who have visited the Steel Empire have found out that the xenophobia often attributed to the Aryanites is not shared by the Dvaran humans. Despite being the Aryan's only ally, a significant amount of Aryans still regard the Dvara as savages especially the highborn of society. Average lifespan of a Dvaran human is 120 years.

-Classes-

**Classes are divided into 4 varieties. Standard class, Specialists which are an offshoot from the standard often requiring individuals to be of certain racial or background traits, Elites which are individuals with exceptional skill and experience and lastly, Legends, which are simply the paragons of their kind.. Beings who exist only in tales of old. Being a specialist/elite does not automatically mean being superior to a standard class in terms of prowess**

Alchemist:
full
At the forefront of the Steel Empire's steamtech advances are the Alchemists. The alchemists are what sets the Aryanites apart from the other Kingdoms. Their wondrous inventions of new machines and systems to improve society have sometimes bordered between what is considered magic and what is not. Despite that, alchemists are far from your average lab technicians. When called to war, they arm themselves with nothing but a weapon they call the Alchemist Cylinder. A wrist mounted cylindrical canister, it is used to fire various forms of crystals; explosives, compressed ice shards and other dangerous chemicals in the alchemists' arsenal. In some instances, these cylinders can be as large as a child. Alchemists rarely wear armor, preferring their usual garb of reinforced lab coats with pouches to store their crystals (Lab coats... protection from failed experiments? Checked! Protection from goblins? Why not!?). To be an alchemist or any of the related classes, please read up on the Legendary Vates below. Restriction - Any. Allegiance - Arya, Independent.

#1b

Special: Nak Techturgist
full
Perhaps the most eccentric and borderline insane of the various alchemist societies. A relatively recent advancement, the alchemists have managed to construct golems of steel and iron. Armed with tower cylinders (larger and more powerful alchemical cylinders) or with the brute force of melee weapons, these titans are a terrifying sight to behold on the battlefield. With the aid of the Nak substance, alchemists with their Control Gauntlets are able to puppet their golems (up to three, depending on the complexity and individual skill) almost as if they were looking out through their inanimate eyes. Despite that, the Nak golems are far from being a polished craft, with many rough edges and flaws one of which is the case of users getting Nak Burned. Techturgists who spend too much time delving into their golems develop a pinkish sometimes black markings on their faces, especially around the eyes. Other symptoms of Nak burn include restless sleep and splitting headaches. R - Any. Allegiance - Arya, Independent.

#1c

Elite - Royal Alchemist.
full
An elite group of alchemists under the direct command of the emperor himself. Years of experience in and out of war have made them one of the most prestigious and indispensable military class in the Kingdom of Arya. They are also tasked with the development of the latest models of Alchemical Cylinders. R - Arya Human. Allegiance - Emperor.

#1d

Legends - Vate.
Though mere humans, the Vates of the Aryan Kingdom Alchemists are said to be centuries old. At any point in time, there can only be four Vates. Every new generation of Vates are appointed by their predecessors, dating back till the time where Alchemy was first introduced to the land. Their extended lifespans, rumored to be the result of a top secret ritual only known to the Vates. Many a life has been lost, as even among the people of Arya, many sought to learn of the secrets to their expanded lifespans. But the Council of Vates wisely kept it to themselves, even in defiance of the emperor. It was said that the origins of Alchemy was from a substance called Nak. It came from an alternate dimension of the present world, suggesting that alchemy was another form of magic. It is because of this that the Church of Iolos has never been fond of the Alchemists. The legitimacy of such a claim and the origins of alchemy are of course, known only to the four Vates. R - Arya Human. Allegiance - Independent. Arya.

Knight:
full
Such... unremarkably simple warriors, armed with nothing but ordinary steel. And yet... their courage and will on the battlefield, is second to none in all of Andarun. Surely the elves have much to learn from the humans.
Tanadris Farandir, Captain of the Calenfari
The foundational spirit of the human race. Bearing massive armor and sometimes mounted on noble steeds, the Knights are the shock troops of the Empire. Charging swiftly into battle, they barrel right through the enemy frontlines like a hot knife through butter. R - Any. Allegiance - Arya.

#2b

Special - Skyguard:
full
The Dvaran Skyguardians are arguable the most savage fighters of the Empire. Forfeiting the heavy armor of knights, the Skyguards arm themselves with javelins, throwing hammers and lances. Mounted on the majestic and noble griffins, they swoop down on unsuspecting enemy troops to bring death from above. Despite being lords of the sky, the Skyguards are no less formidable on the grown. Their skill with the lance or spear rivaled only by the Moongarde of the Bloodsworn. R - Dvara. Allegiance - Independent, Arya.

#2c

Chevalier:
full
The Chevaliers are knights who have shown excellent qualities on the battlefield. With custom made hulking armor and sitting atop thoroughbred steeds, these men are given command over small battalions of troops, acting as officers on the battlefield. Their armor, infused with the divine powers of the Patriarch of Iolos allows them to withstand tremendous amount of punishment without flinching. Armed with massive shields or two-handed weapons, a highly skilled Chevalier can even send shockwaves to their enemies by slamming their weapons on the ground. On top of being accomplished warriors, Chevalier's are also great tacticians. Their very presence inspiring and steeling the hearts of the men under their command. R - Arya Human. Allegiance - Patriarch of Iolos, Arya.

#2d

Elite - Regalian
full
We are not Highborn, for our Blood is forged upon the anvils of Battle.
House Regalia Coat of Arms
House Regalia, conceivably the only Noble House in all of Arya respected by all quarters for their undying dedication to the Dominion. Contrary to the Chevaliers, Regalian Knights are knighted on the fields of battle, always by another Regalian Knight. When an individual accepts the offer, they forego all their previous ranks and statuses in life, good or bad, and immediately become a Knight of House Regalia. On top of being chosen out of the best, vigorous training and endless days of practice make them a most formidable fighting machine. Regalians often act independently of the Aryanite regular army. Their devotion to the Emperor and Iolos have given them some measure of priestly magic. Able to coat their weapons in holy flame, shield allies from harm as well as heal minor wounds. The will of a Regalian has never been known to break, fighting against the odds until they literally died of exhaustion while standing. R - Any. Allegiance - Arya.

Acolyte:
full
The only form of legitimate and tolerated magic are those wielded by the Acolytes of the Church of Iolos. Deemed as gifts and blessings from their Absolute God Iolos, the Acolytes can cast healing light upon their allies, heartening them or justifying bolts of power to smite foes. Whether it is truly magic or a divine gift, the powers of an acolyte comes from their level of understanding and faith in the teachings of Iolos. R - Arya Human. Allegiance - Patriarch of Iolos.

#3b

Special - Exalted
full
The Exalted are simply Acolytes whom have chosen the Path of the Wayfarer. As they are not part of a larger group, their priestly powers have been limited to mostly defensive spells. They make up for their lack in offense by training themselves in the usage of blunt weapons such as the mace. In recent times, they have been frowned upon by the Patriarch of Iolos as many Exalted accuse the Church of becoming increasingly corrupt. R - Any. Allegiance - Independent, Arya.

#3c

Legends - First Flame.
full
Not much is known about the First Flames as there haven't been any in recent times. Said to be living Avatars of the Elder God Iolos, in every major battle against The Wretched in the past, the First Flames have risen amongst the Aryan to turn the tide of battle. Stories tell of how these exalted humans become the very incarnation of Iolos upon the earth. Songs have been sung of how the very earth gleamed with light where the Avatars walked, of how severe wounds and illnesses healed in their mere passing, of how whole armies of Wretched were obliterated in a single flash of light... R - Human. Allegiance - Iolos.

Inquisitor:
Inquisitors are masters of obtaining information. Sometimes stealthy and sometimes with brazen force, the Inquisitors are used by the church to track down suspected Witch Cults and eliminate them. Armed against all things supernatural, they are masters at dealing with creatures of darkness and Chaos. Their usual weapons arsenal includes longswords, silver daggers, crossbows and flint lock firearms with "Holy Bullets". In addition, all inquisitors are gifted with a specialized rapier upon graduation; which some have taken the liberty of customizing. To be an Inquisitor or any of the related class, please peruse the 'Lore' section below and read the associated book on rogues. R - Arya Human. Allegiance - Patriarch of Iolos.

#4b

Elite - Vahn.
full
The creme de la creme. Vahn's are inquisitors of exceptional merit who have served the Dominion exceptionally well; everything about them is pretty much exceptional. It is very common, in fact, almost a requirement to have at least been successful in a major undertaking, quests that are often sanctioned by the Patriarch of Iolos or the Arya himself. When given the honor, the title is added as a prefix to the inquisitor's first name. At any one time, there can only be thirty Vahns, to which they are ranked according to their ability and decoration. In ancient times, Vahn's held meetings and nominate their order of hierachy according to general consensus and individual merit. More recently however, lower ranking Vahn's are able to offer an honor challenge to another Vahn, should the latter happen to perform an unwarranted or questionable sentence. The fight is to the death or till the other yields. Should the lower ranking Vahn win, he will take the place of the other. The top ten Vahn's are also given exceptional privilege of being assigned their own personal royal alchemist to develop and customize their own armaments. The current Number One is Vahn Dominic Wytchstalker. R - Arya Human. Allegiance - Independent, Arya.

#4c

Special - Masquerader.
full
A secretive sect operating within the courts of the Arya Emperor, Masqueraders offer their services to feuding nobles and barons to... make an accident happen to their target. Named after a popular social party within the elite circles, Masquerader's are masters of disguise, poisons, daggers and sleight-of-hand tricks. They have also been known to use needle flinging contraptions to silently dispose of foes. Despite being allied to the same kingdom, Masqueraders and Inquisitors have never been on friendly terms. To be a Masquerader, please peruse the 'Lore' section below and read the associated book on Rogues. R - Arya Human. Allegiance - Emperor, Independent.

Shas`li:
full
Devoted warrior shamans of the Dvara tribes, the Shas`li devote their lives to that of calm meditation and seeking out Chaos taints in the realm. Some, for unknown reasons, also take a vow of silence. Fighting with nothing but a plain wooden stave, the Shas`li are able to hone their inner strength turning their whole body into a living weapon; deflecting blades with bare hands, and striking with multiple bone shattering punches, so fast, it seemed as if they had six arms. R - Dvara. Allegiance - Iolos, Dvara, Arya.

full

full

full

a----------
NECROMANCER
REAVER
BONELORD

BLACKSEER

KINDRED

full

Themesong: In Death We Find Life

-Races of The Vanharen-

Human:
Resilient, adaptable and a strong sense of survivability have kept the Humans of the Vanharen alive to this day. An outsider may consider them a sombre, weird, borderline sadistic lot, though they are more normal than you think. Average lifespan of a Deadlander is 120 years.

Heaten`hua:

full
The Heaten`hua, or Wanderer's of the Old Path, are a race of nomadic humans who live off the lands surrounding the Vanharen. They are said to be remnants of a culture long passed. Easily distinguishable by their embroidered dust veils and painted masks, the Heaten`hua are often comprised of Stringmasters, Reavers and Vackhan. Despite practicing various forms of necromancy, Heaten`hua will never raise their fallen from the dead, and often curse the dead corpse of the fallen less others do the same. They will however, recall the souls of fallen ones, as in the case of the Soulswerds of their warrior protectors, the Vackhan. Performing arts and theatrics play a big part of their way of life along with trading off exotic ingredients for supplies at Vanharen City.

Mirani:

full
Abominations, tainted aberrations and even called creatures of Chaos by some zealous Acolytes of the Church of Iolos, the Mirani are nevertheless very human esque in physical appearance. The Mirani dwell in the city of Miransar, sister city to the Vanharen. No one knows how exactly they came about except that the first Mirani appeared exactly thirteen months after the Gate Council disappeared. Folk legend tells of how the Mirani were actually the undead of the people of Miransar. During the Age of Darkness, a plague swept out of the Harghaast Forests, killing everyone within the city of Miransar. Their people dropped dead even while they walked in the streets. For years they lay, corpses lining the streets of the ghost city; though through some unnatural magic the bodies never decayed. What happened next has always been a mystery. Some say the Gate Council passed by and pulled all the restless souls back into the Materia plane, some say the dead simply got up and walked. Whatever it was, one thing was for certain. The people of Miransar were forever changed. With pale and ghostly skin, they resemble walking dead except for the fact that they do not shamble around like the zombies of the necromancers. Other distinguishing features are their blood red, sometimes emerald, eyes and slightly enhanced reflexes. Though they are no taller than the tallest humans, Mirani are rarely short in stature. While Mirani and Humans mingle effortlessly and even interbreed, the chances of obtaining offspring is very rare (if they do, the child has always been Mirani.) Average lifespan of a Mirani is 1000 years. In some cases, they never really die, but fall into an unwakable sleep as their souls wander in the after-life, not passing through the final Gates. In general, the Mirani have an air of austerity resembling aristocracy in their demeanor as the society is structured with a loose semblance of caste. Mirani feel lethargic during the afternoon, when the sun is at its highest point. This is when they are at their weakest.

-Classes-

Necromancer:
full
The most numerous class within the Vanharen. The necromancer can raise and control the dead, recalling the lost soul back to its body and binding it to the corpse. These undead then do the bidding of their master, and can only be killed when struck at a specific point where the Soulstring binds the spirit to the corpse (varies but usually at the neck or stomach). Most necromancers can control several corpses at once, with the elite (Necrolord) among them controlling a whole lot more; some even an army though the strain to maintain it is tremendous. Seemingly reliant on minions to do their bidding, a lone Necromancer is no less formidable. Often carrying a pouch of salvaged bone pieces, Necromaners can use these to seed bone magicks to shield and attack foes. To be a Necromancer or any of the related class, please peruse the 'Lore' section below and read the associated book on magic. R - Any

#1b

Elite: Necrolord
An Elite Necromancer, usually of high social standing. In addition to casting more powerful bone magic, they can also make use of dried pieces of flesh for added disgusting power.R - Any

#1c

Special - Stringmaster.
Vanharen Stringmasters are often travelling bands of entertainers, usually of Heaten`hua heritage. Using their ability to animate various body parts, they wowed the crowds with sick humour only known to the Deadlands. It was soon apparent that this ability to bind a single spirit to several body parts all at once could serve a more military purpose as well. Stringmasters are also adept at using bonewhips to flay enemies. To be a Stringmaster or any of the related class, please peruse the 'Lore' section below and read the associated book on magic. R - Human, Heaten`hua

#1d

Elite - Macabre.
Stringmasters that aspire to add more creative flair and hands-on approach to their theatrics would often train to use the bone-scythe from their fellow Vackhans. With deeper martial and magic arts training, they become the feared Macabre's. Inscribing runes on their bone scythes, they use their weapons as a soulstring anchor. This enables the Macabre to almost immediately animate severed limbs of their enemies for as long as they have the energy to do so. As controlling a multitude of limbs while in the heat of the melee is too much of a distraction, Macabre's often combine the severed parts into one giant shambling monstrosity to fight alongside them in similar, albeit gruesome, fashion as the Vackhan Soulswerds.R - Human(rare), Heaten`hua

#1e

Legends - Shadowdancer.
full
Rarely seen during their time and almost never encountered in the present are the Shadowdancers. These men and women do away with using body parts completely and can actually bind souls to shadows, animating them and forming unspeakable horrors. It was said that they wore armor made of the shadows of the souls they had bound and could meld into the shadows of victims and command it to rip the throats of their hapless foes. Though, the fact that most tales of a Shadowdancer sighting usually comes from a severely inebriated individual in a tavern, makes the existence of the Shadowdancers questionable. R - Human, Heaten`hua

Reaver:
full
Rogues with a twist, is what Reavers like to call themselves. Preferring to act within and out of the shadows, reavers make a pact with a lost spirit in order to enhance their abilities. By offering a bloodprice
(losing lifeblood and minor soul draining), the reaver can literally meld into the shadows with the aid of the spirit. They can also enhance their reflexes and confuse enemies by attacking with a mass of shadow attacks. To be a Reaver or any of the related class, please peruse the 'Lore' section below and read the associated book on rogues. R - Any

#2b

Special - Vackhan:
full
The story of the making of a Heaten`hua Vackhan is a revered tale amongst Deadland folk. It is perhaps the most distinguishing part of the Heaten`hua people and their way of life. Potential Vackhan candidates are chosen by the Soulkeeper of a Heaten`hua tribe, and such attention is often regarded as a huge privilege as Vackhan are well respected members of the tribe. Potentials are chosen in pairs, often when they're young. The elders take note of the Heaten`hua children, watching for signs of attachment between pairs (it can be siblings, twins, close friends, regardless of gender). Once chosen, they will begin their warrior's training with the Vackhan's of the tribe, each will pick their weapon of choice (common choices are swords, bows, axes and scythes) and they will train with it until the weapon becomes an extension of their limbs. As they train in pairs, they will learn to trust no one, but their Bondmate.. a bond so strong, they become seamless in the midst of a fight. Once a year, the various Heaten`hua nomadic clans will gather for a night of competition. All the Vackhan potentials will undergo a series of tests, to see which pair will come out on top. The tournament will not end, until there is a victorious pair... and then, right infront of everyone, the Vackhan pair will face off each other and fight until one of them is killed. From the day they were chosen, every Vackhan is told of the day they must kill their Bondmate... and honourable death to be bestowed upon the other. As the last strike is dealt, there is no regret.. only fulfillment. The final victor, will then become a Vackhan. The soul of her bondmate shall be bound into his own weapon, and she will pick up his weapon as her own. Much like a reaver, Vackhan can call upon the spirit of their bondmate to aid them in battle. With the strength and skills of two, their fight is unparalleled. It was said that the strongest of Vackhans can even summon the Spirit of their Bondmate, to once again, fight alongside them in a deadly dance of death. R - Heaten`hua Human

Bonelord:
Fighting alongside the necromancer legions are the Bonelords. These fearsome warriors armour and arm themselves with the bones of fallen beasts, enchanting them with necromantic powers so that they can call upon the abilities of the creature to enhance their strength in battle. Some Bonelords can even transform themselves into a fearsome abomination of the fallen beasts and themselves to wreck havoc on the battlefield.R - Any

#3b

Elite - Dreadknight
full
Making the ultimate sacrifice, Dreadknights readily (in most cases, though not all Deathknights chose to be one) allow themselves to be brought back to un-life so that they can continue in the fight against the enemies of the Vanharen. Dreadknights are usually made when traveling Harbingers come across recently fallen Bonelords and delve into the intermediate realm and recall the warrior's spirit from the River of Souls. A Dreadknight can be killed if struck through the heart or head. Despite that, they have increased regenerative powers and have a muffled sense of pain. Riding astride nightmarish undead steeds, they can fight five times as long as they could in life before needing rest. Dreadknights also receive a portion of the deathly powers used by the Harbinger to raise them. This allows them to passively emit a ghastly aura, terrifying and reducing lesser creatures into trembling mounds of fear. Also, they are capable of actively using this power to engulf their weapons in green unearthly flames. When their service is not needed, the Deathknights retreat down into the Crypts, resting in their restless unlife until such time as they are called upon again. R - Any

Blackseer:
full
Even amongst the Vanharen, the presence of a Black Seer would send chills down their spines. With special eye-lenses, the Black Seers look past the Gates of Life and into the beyond, searching for buried secrets and answers to questions that only a twisted mind could think about. Also known as Soul Eaters, the Black Seers are known to consume the souls of enemies to replenish their weakened physical bodies, often treading past the Gates of Life to pick on hapless lost souls. Black Seers can hurl green/blue scorching soul-flares at enemies and are more than able to fight with their bare hands in melee, using the burning fires of a thousand souls to empower their attacks. Despite their regenerative ability, their bodies are particularly vulnerable to attacks and they can be killed if sufficient damage is sustained in a short amount of time. To be a Black Seer or any of the related class, please peruse the 'Lore' section below and read the associated book on magic. R - Any

#4b

Elite - Harbinger
Wanderers of the Deadlands, these former Black Seers rarely find themselves close to civilisation. The true purpose of what they do, or why they continue to live has never really been found out. Occasionally, one would catch the Harbingers stalking the battlefields to raise more Dreadknights. On other accounts, they pass by into villages or towns, warning of encroaching danger before disappearing into the darkness without care for the fate of the people. Unlike their weaker brethren, Harbingers no longer have use of the eye-glasses to see into the Argenon. However, they require a rune soaked cloth to cover their eyes in order to prevent the constant overlaying of the River of Souls from confusing them from what is alive and what is not. R - Human

#4c

Legends - Gate Council.
Maferath's prophets. Keepers of the ancient art of Necromancy.
full

Kindred:
Battle vampires of the Vanharen (just as expression, they're not really generic vampires). Armed with elaborate armour and long claymores, the Mirani Kindred are the pinnacle warriors of their race. Harnessing the dormant thirst for blood within them, they fly into battle with the enhanced agility and strength akin to their race. Every strike of their blade drains life-force from their victims, invigorating the Kindred making them near unstoppable as long as the blood of foes is shed. Kindred have the ability to go into a Bloodrage. Temporarily muting their ability to drain life-force, but greatly enhancing their senses, strength and dexterity for a short time. After a reasonable amount of time, the Bloodrage ends, leaving the Mirani exhausted and with a dire thirst for blood to replenish lost supplies. If that thirst is not satisfied, it might even lead to death. R - Mirani

#5b

Elite - Bloodthirster.
full
A covenant of Kindred serving as personal guards to the upper echelons of the Mirani society are known as the Bloodthirsters. The Kindred Bloodthirster takes the inherent power of a Mirani to a whole new level. Sacrificing their own lifeblood in the heat of battle, the Bloodthirster can further boost his fighting prowess. In addition to that, they gain powerful psychic abilities. Able to use their minds to form temporary psychic walls of force out of thin air or emit a mindblast to stun their opponents (or destroy his mind if the victim is weak enough). R - Mirani

full

full

full

Congratulations traveller, you have by now, probably learned enough about at least one Kingdom in Andarun. But before I bind your soul to the body of your choice, there's just some last bits of knowledge that you need to understand. Call it... general knowledge of being an Andarunian.

full

1. Andarun is what the three Kingdoms call the known parts of the Overworld. The word was said to originate from the time of the Seravim.

2. Wretched ones, are sometimes known as 'The Horde', are creatures created by the Calaseld Valos. Born of corruption and disruption, they seek only to see the land covered in chaos. Orcs, goblins and lizardmen are among the more common threats from the Wretched. Horrors (twisted beings from nightmares), demons and Nashazim are among the more intelligent races of The Wretched. Nashazim also known as Otherworlders (for they come from another plane) resemble a cross between humanoids and octopus and are particularly adept with magic.

3. Up till a few centuries prior, the three Kingdoms were at war with each other. However, despite the obvious discomfort the three Kingdoms share for each other, there has been a political truce in the last few centuries. The separate Powers deciding to concentrate itself on internal struggles and the ever present threat of the Wretched.

4. Visitors from the other Kingdoms are largely tolerated though their safety when sight-seeing cannot be vouched for. Most of the people still holding grudges and blatant prejudices for the people from other Kingdoms.

5. The Three Dragons is a well known tavern in the town of Haven, set right in the middle of the three empires on neutral ground. It was said that the first ceasefire centuries ago between the three Kingdoms was declared on the very ground the tavern sat on. Frequented by treasure seekers from all three Kingdoms, the Three Dragons is a popular establishment for adventurers. Brawling permitted but outright racism is un-welcome.

6. The currency used within the three lands is approximately similar, although they are coined (pun intended) with different terms. A Bloodsworn Gold Crown is worth an Empire gold coin and two Vanharen gold shackles. 50 Silver crowns is worth one Gold crown and 50 Bronze crowns is worth one Silver Crown. The Aryanites have also developed a paper money system, where their banks issue specially made paper notes (the exotic ink and paper manufacturing factories is under very high security) to be carried around in place of heavy coins. An Aryanite may go to any Dominion bank to trade that note for gold. To give an idea of money rates, a good meal with ale at the Three Dragons would cost 1 silver coin. You are not required to follow this explicitly (or memorize it), its just to make things more standardized when I do make references in my post to money.

Just as there's a certain.. pattern or order to Chaos. So too does Order seek in its own way to fall into chaos. Both sides ever pushing and breaching the seams that bind them together. For though they oppose each other, neither can exist without the other.
Nefari the Arcane

The Unseen World

full

1. Soulstream (Order)

2. Materia

3. Possibilities (mirror realm)

4. Dream (Emerald Realm)

5. Gaia

6. Argenon (13 Gates of Death)

7. Primal

8. Zephyr

9. Flow

10. Fury

11. Firmament

12. Chaosstream

. . . .

Ahh, the unseen world... the very foundations on which the Calaseld drew the Overworlds upon. Now, it forms the basis for which the land you call Andarun stand. I have seen the entirety of it with my own eyes... it is.. astounding.. my words fail me. When Iolos created Order, his brother matched him with a similar realm of his own; Chaos. Try as I might, I cannot see much further beyond the firmament into Valos' realm... but what I do know, it is the source of Life from which the chaos creatures derive from, just as all beings of Order draw theirs from the Soulstream.

One might ask, with the firmament clearly defining the borders of Order and Chaos, why then do creatures of Chaos exist on Materia, the plane of existence, or as you mortals call it.. Andarun. Why do the orcs and goblins ravage your lands, the witches take your children? The answer is in the very nature of Chaos and Order itself.

Just as there's a certain.. pattern and order to Chaos. The very fact that Chaos has to be... Chaotic. So too does Order seek in its own way to fall into chaos. Both sides ever pushing and breaching the seams that bind them together. For though they oppose each other, neither can exist without the other.

When the Calaseld drew forth living creation, they placed them in the only plane that can give them form. Materia. Thus, Iolos began a circle of rebirth which Miseli adhered to. Taking a soul from the Soulstream, infusing it with the elements before passing it through the final plane of creation, Gaia. From there, a new being is born. More often than not, mortal beings are infused with more than one element. The elves - Primal, Zephyr, Flow, Fury, Gaia. Saelas - Primal, Zephyr, Flow, Fury, Dream and Gaia. And so forth.

This pattern must be followed, if one seeks to exist on the Materia plane (the only exceptions being the Otherworlders from Chaos, whom may pass through Rifts in the Firmament at will, by-passing the hallowed plane of Gaia altogether. This may be the reason why they often form misshapen creatures of darkness when appearing on Materia. As for the lesser Chaos (orcs and goblins), who inherently dwell on Materia, they go through the same pattern of creation; though their soul derives from the Chaosstream.

Wielders of the four primary elements. To be able to cast a spell, the Stormlord has to tap into two inherent abilities. Planar Affinity and Manna.

Manna or soul strength, is the driving force through which the Stormlord brings his spells into existence from the other planes. Everytime the Stormlord casts a spell, he taps into the inherent energy of his soul and when it runs out, he will have to rest in order to quickly replenish it. Years or training and experience can expand the Stormlord's mana pool, as in the case of Tempests. On top of an expanded Manna pool, Tempests also train themselves to use their Manna as an elemental conflux. A place where they store raw elemental energy or in a direct sense, using themselves as a vessel for elemental power. This short-cut, or brute forcing the elements, allows Tempests to shorten spellcasting time as well as have the energy to cast spells of greater magnitude and complexity. However, due to the very nature of each element, the Tempest can only perform conflux on one element for life; in extremely rare cases, two. If he attempts to store differing elements, there is a huge risk that the clash of energies might result in soulburn rendering him unable to cast any magic for life.

Planar Affinity, unlike Manna cannot be trained. Through studying the ways of a Stormlord, individuals may become more aware of their Planar Affinity and as such become more adept at shaping their spells. However, this threshold will usually be reached by the time the Stormlord graduates from the Academy. Planar Affinity is the Stormlord's soul's inherent understanding of the way the elements flow and exist on the Materia plane. A Stormlord who has fully understood his Planar Affinity is able to weave the spell threads into tidier and more graceful magic runes, allowing him the opportunity to do more complex and intricate spells. e.g. Instead of casting a single icebolt, greater understanding allows the Stormlord to get creative and maybe split the icebolt into a ring of shards at the appropriate time. Planeswalkers are individuals born with very high Planar Affinity thresholds. As they gain understanding of the way the elements flow, they will eventually be able to use this understanding to converse with elemental spirits to the point of being able to summon them into the Materia plane. However, they still require Mana to give the Elemental a form and to be able to bind that Elemental to the form. As such, the Planeswalker must be cautious lest he summon an Elemental too powerful for him to handle.

In essence, planar affinity outlines the shape and blueprint of the spell while Manna is the driving force to bring that spell into existence. When casting a spell, the Stormlord must first use his Planar Affinity to 'see' or 'feel' the veins of raw energy that binds the elemental planes to the plane of Materia; this is why, races such as the dwarves who have very low inherent planar affinity are unable to reasonably attempt spellcasting. Most 'veins' are of a fixed pattern and perpetuate all of Andarun; these fixed veins forms the basis of all spells. Using manna, the stormlord can begin to 'draw' the vein patterns he needs to form whatever spell he wishes. 'Drawing' can be done literally, as in the case of rune etchings, with finger gestures and to a certain extend with sounds or words. The more vein patterns a stormlord can recognize and memorize, the more spells he can perform. To put things in perspective, a simple icebolt requires a combination of up to 12 vein patterns. In order to fling it at the enemy, an additional 5 vein patterns need to be drawn. Of course, with tireless practice and dedication, a stormlord can become so familiar with the vein patterns he can effectively cast the spell like it was second nature to him. Take for example yourself, here in the classroom now. If I were to tell you to go to the toilet right now, you can immediately imagine taking the necessary 'out the front door', 'two left turns' and 'the long halllway' that you will take to reach your destination; all these you probably imagined in less than a second. If I were to ask you to pack your bags, and return home to An`Falithe, you probably can imagine the journey but it'll take you sometime. Such is the case of casting a spell.

But to become a true master of the elements, it requires more than just memorizing. It requires understanding. If a stormlord knows the exact nature of a vein pattern, and understand how it gives form to a spell, he can use his flair and imagination to perform shortcuts, allowing him to cast spells faster and with less effort.

On staves and amulets - Unlike warriors, a stormlord does not require any physical weapon to fight. In fact, having significant amounts of metallic substances in close proximity to the magus disrupts their connection to the elemental planes and the effort required harness their manna, making it increasingly difficult to cast spells. Nevertheless, staves can be made with special elemental crystals to store raw elemental energy to be used at a later time. This allows the stormlord to cast all manner of spells using the element stored within the staff, without having to rely on his own innate manna reserves. However, the staff's power will eventually deplete and must be recharged using the stormlord's own manna. Amulets work in the same way, though they are more common with Planeswalkers. Many claim that drawing power from a crystal housed in an amulet fashioned with mythrill is easier, compared with an ironbark staff; when used to summon planar spirits.

If you have read this book on Stormlords, please add the word 'Nefari of Storms' to your character application

There is an Order... to unlife, in as much as life is the natural way of things.. but the path is narrow.. precarious on the ridge of chaos for the River of Life is turbulent, even as it flows in one direction and that those who seek to reverse its flow.. should be wary less he descend into chaos. Such is the sojourn of Maferath, his ways often misunderstood in a journey he willingly undertook on his own for the sake of others.
The Keeper of Lore

The River of Life

The Argenon, Maferath's Domain, Gates of Death, The River of Life. Many names but it all points into the afterlife, the final path every soul will have to journey through before they rest in oblivion. Just as how all life on the plane of Materia must pass through Gaia as they enter the world of existence, all life that belongs to Order must enter the flowing River of Life before their amalgamation into the Soulstream.

-The Art of Necromancy-

The dead belong to the Argenon. We are merely borrowers ever beseeching Maferath is his forsaken domain, giving up a little bit of ourselves just so we could delve into the secrets of the gray realm. The one who seeks the ability to walk where the living should not walk, must be ever wary, knowing his place and understanding that whatever is borrowed must eventually be returned.
Principles of Necromancy

No other magic on the face of Andarun is so bound by rules and principles such as Necromancy. Treading on the borders of chaos, the necromancer must always bind his actions to the Three Laws of the Argenon:

1. All creatures on the plane of Materia must have a soul. This soul, consists of two parts. The nyawe (Nee-ya-weh) and the solus. The nyawe or Essence of Life is a limited source of energy, that is infinitely capable of expanding and renewing itself. The nyawe is granted as a soul exits Gaia and into the Materia plane. The solus is the Essence of Being. It defines who we are and to a certain extent, it contains our memories from all our lives and existences from the plane of Materia.

2. The Dead, cannot exist on Materia without a Binder. Whenever a necromancer summons a spirit from beyond the Gates of Life, he must bind the spirit to a living being - usually himself. And this task is no easy feat, should the Spirit prove too great in power for the Binder, the Spirit may overwhelm and consume the Binder's soul, essentially becoming a twisted entity, aimless but chaotic in nature.

3. The Dead, must never be bound to the Dead. A Spirit must never have any other Master other than the living. Breaking this law, desecrates the Second Law, creating an unholy union between denizens of the Argenon. Such a union when placed in the plane of Materia is Chaotic, allowing a twisted entity dominion over unimaginable power. This entity, also the bane of every Necromancer, is known by another name... Lich.

The following is not taught to students of necromancy, but serves as a warning, passed down from Master to student. A warning to all who consume the souls of others. A binding rule, that all Black Seers must adhere to.

4. The Black Seer, must never consume the soul of a higher being (all the races of Andarun, not including orcs and similar ranking Chaos creatures), especially beings of Order. This act of soul-eating, contrary to what the Others believe, in reality the Seer only consumes the nyawe of the victim; immediately sending the solus hurtling into the last few Gates of Death. However, though the nyawe and solus are very different, they are so tightly bound together in a twisting web of threads they imprint themselves onto each other. This imprinting is especially more apparent for beings of Order, in that both their nyawe and solus originate from the Soulstream; unlike creatures of Chaos, whose solus originates from the Chaosstream. When the Seer consumes the soul of a higher being, both their souls briefly touch with each other, and through this touch, a portion of the Seer's solus is imprinted upon the soul of the other. This phenomenon creates a kind of subconscious presence of the Seer deep in the Argenon, past the higher Gates of Death. Thus, a link is created, a link which greater denizens of the Argenon can exploit when the Black Seer is close to death. A link, that marks the beginnings of the twisted entity known as the 'Lich'.

-Thirteen Gates of Death-

Very little is known about the realms of the Argenon, only that it is believed to be the dwelling place of the thirteen individuals that have named themselves the Gatecouncil. Though no one has been through till the end and lived to tell the tale, at least not in recorded history, it has been a general consensus that the Argenon is comprised of thirteen precincts, each of which is named after one of the Thirteen. From first to final precinct in order, they are: Hastarae, Oranis, Ithbeth, Sanar and Ryell, Morose, Erasina, Belron, Melgaer, Teyvaril, Yreth, Siuhaydis and lastly, Lorth. As one traverses the River of Life, one must find a way to open the gates of the first precinct before proceeding to the next.

1: Hastarae:
The first precinct, Hastarae is the one most well known among Necromancers. This is where they draw most of their Spirits from. Upon entering the Argenon, the Necromancer will find themselves knee deep in a flowing river of reasonable current. The water will always be knee deep to the Necromancer, regardless of actual physical height. Right here at the start, is where the Argenon Grey begins. A greyish mist, the Argenon Grey both obscures and lights the realms with a kind of pale glow. At this realm, the mist allows one to see up to a score feet away. The realm of Hastarae is best described as an infinitely wide river with a finite length. As the Necromancer makes his way in the direction of the river flow, he will soon behold a gleaming waterfall, cascading down from an unknown height. To open the first gate, a necrorune spell must be cast, after which a section of the waterfall will part to allow passage to the next precinct. While a relatively simple necrorune, the spell nevertheless requires an extreme amount of energy to cast, limiting entry into Oranis's realm from anyone except the most powerful of Necrolords.

It is worth noting that most of the souls of beings that have passed in Materia within the past few days to weeks linger in the realm of Hastarae; some even longer if they are of weak nyawe. In places where a large number of deaths have occured in a short space of time, e.g. battlefields, the souls of the dead linger even longer. Unless bound by a bonding rune before delving into the Argenon, Necromancers will only see the shades of other Necromancers who are walking Hastarae's domain. While it is unclear how far one can walk perpendicular to the flow of the River, it is known that deviating from either the forward or reverse direction of the current causes fatigue to befall the walker. The further away one walks, the thinner the Binding Thread to life becomes. The thinning of the thread also inadvertently occurs the longer one stays within the Argenon; as such, novice Necromancers are advised to traverse with a companion as one can easily lose their sense of time when surrounded by the Argenon Grey mists.

While not easily broken by any normal means especially in the first Precinct, should the Binding Thread break, the Necromancer will find his soul gripped strongly by the River's current and pulled inexorably into the river. If taken under for an indefinite amount of time, the Necromancer might lose all sense of self and become a Denizen of the Argenon.

2: Oranis

WIP :< Idea stumped!

In relation to all the rogue classes: Rogue, Infiltrator (Royal Assassin), Masquerader, Inquisitor (anti-Rogue), Reaver, Vackhan.

Out of the list, Inquisitors and the Vackhan are the least rogue of the rogues. Inquisitors are more closely associated with Rangers, as they're often trackers. However, their fight style and at times, moral compass is more closely related to that of a rogue. The Vackhan are warriors. They are only on this list because of their similarity to Reavers.

A common question would be to ask: what is the difference between the 3 'true' rogue classes of the three Kingdoms. Namely, the Infiltrator, Masquerader, Reaver.

Infiltrator's and Reaver's often act solo, or rarely in twos or threes. They're more of a spontaneous assassin. Doing everything on their own (intelligence gathering), before diving headlong and relying on sheer skill to assassinate their target; also relying on various herbs and drugs to enhance their capabilities. Typical rogues. Reaver's are different from Infiltrator's in that, they are more reliant on the stealthy magics provided by their bloodpact with a Spirit (of any race).

This binding, is more often than not irreversible although the Reaver may make a pact with more than one Spirit at a time; however, all recorded incidences indicate that such Reavers usually do not live very long lives. Unlike Vackhan's these bloodpact spirits cannot interact directly with the Materia world, but can provide boosts to the Reaver's dexterity, agility and stealthing abilities. Depending on the Spirit, some may even be able to shield the Reaver from magical, chaotic and spirit-based attacks.

Masquerader's often work in groups (but they do act solo sometimes). The difference is they highly value intelligence and pre-planning. Surveying the area as much as possible, and less on physical skill (although they are fairly capable when forced into it). They focus on getting in and out cleanly. I'd attribute them more to the spies of recent times =)

If you have read this book on Rogues, please add the word 'Salazzar' to your character application

There are various modes of transport across the known Overworld. However, one of its many wonders are the skyships. Shaped like a sea-going vessel, the skyships make use of Solian Crystals to power them through the air. Nevertheless, the sight of one is seen as a military operation and thus, not many fly close to Haven.

On skyships and air travel in the world of Andarun:

The Bloodsworn:
full
They were the first to discover the properties of the rare mineral known as Solean Crystals. When purified and exposed to the sun, these crystals exhibit extraordinary floating capabilities. The experienced and ingenuity of the dwarves quickly found a use for them. By mining enough of these crystals and purifying it, they can form a block of crystal large enough to lift a vessel; a block the size of a horse fitted roughly center or center back of a ship would be enough to lift one. After various trials they finally perfected their design: The main Solean Crystal would be fitted to the hull of the ship. A net of Parse threads would enclose the crystal (Parse Threads are made by coating and incorporating powdered Solean Crystals into silk and hemp to form a durable rope line. These Parse threads will be connected to the deck, where they are attached to the Lightsails. Lightsails are standard sails that have been treated with a fine mist of Solean mineral powder. Thus, sunlight can be gathered by the sails and transferred to the Hull Crystal via Parse Threads to enable flight. With the aid of the Wind Stormlords and their air magic, runes can be inscribed throughout the ship to balance the lift as well as improve the Skyship maneuvering capabilities. As such, Bloodsworn Skyships are known for their versatility and speed. As they are lighter than other ships, They can even travel under a full moonlight, though at a relatively low height and speed (30 meters off the ground).

Steel Empire: The Steel Empire Dominion has limited natural Solean Crystal resource, as such, they rely on the alchemists to mass produce artificial (but inferior) versions of the valuable mineral. Their ships are similar to the Bloodsworn made Skyships, except for the fact that Aryanite alchemists and engineers make use of steam propellers to power their ships. This makes for a much more heavier ship with less maneuverability, which is compensated by increased durability, capacity and size. They even have commissioned the production of two floating fortresses, super Skyships. Aryanite Skyships cannot efficiently travel by moonlight as due to their weight, must conserve energy to stay afloat at their anchored positions.

Vanharen: Deadlanders do not have a natural source of Solean Crystals. As such, Skyships from the Vanharen are a rare sight, and are usually bought from the other Kingdoms. Despite that, they do have their own form of air transport, called Leviathans. A necromantic creation, leviathan's are undead beasts, formed with various bone parts of flying beasts and inanimate material. The result is a cross between a ship (minus the sails) and a large flying beast. Leviathans are slower but almost as maneuverable as Bloodsworn Skyships but are very much cheaper to manufacture. There are also several Ancient Leviathans, made from the remains of a single ancient dragon and the powers of a very capable necromancer, and as such are much more stronger and faster than the standard Leviathans.

There is a list of materials used to make equipment in the Overworlds below. This list is more for background information and to give more depth to the stories. In addition, the various materials in the Overworlds is not specifically confined to the list as there are countless varieties of them.

The list is firstly the name of the material, followed by its rareness - which determines how expensive the material will cost: One would have to be as rich (or lucky) as a well-to-do merchant to possess anything above rarity 5. Other possibilities include being of nobility or high ranking military (1-10, 10 is extremely rare). Material strength (10 being very strong), magic ability - Some materials are able to be infused better with magic, giving them an edge in fighting against demonic/chaotic or magical creatures (10 being very magical), and lastly alignment - Divine weapons can burn creatures of darkness and demons, weapons of Chaos are extremely poisonous to neutral and light creatures (5 is neutral, 10 is divine and 0 is chaos). Also, if you'd like to add to the list, let me know ^^; I'm always open for suggestions.

MaterialRarityDurabilityMagic DensityAlignment
Iron1315
Steel2525
Silver2448
Ironbark3655
Sancterite4648
Ghastwood5765
Mythrill6789
Orrok Ivory6775
Adamantine6875
Moonstrand6688
Ebonite7963
Dragonbone7885
Voidsteel8750
Heartwood8797
Shadestone90105
Iridescium95108
Felanium107810
Additional Notes On Rare Materials:
Rarity 6 - Possession of items with rarity 6 depends on your character's background (as explained above). Logic and reasoning should be applied when including such uncommon materials as part of your character e.g. it's much much cheaper to have an adamantine dagger than a full plate mythrill armor.

Rarity 7 - Possession subject to GM approval. Often requires extensive background information to explain possession. Again, logic and reasoning should be applied. e.g. You're more likely to be approved if your middle-class character has a dragonbone amulet heirloom compared to a sword.

Rarity 8 and above - These materials are extremely rare and as such cannot be obtained by any normal means. Some of these aren't even heard of by most people and only mentioned in ancient texts and legends.

Sancterite - Usually only obtainable by Aryans as the material is native to the human dominion. Sancterite is a silver alloy developed by the Church of Iolos for the purposes of having a more durable metal whilst still retaining the divine properties of silver and being easier to obtain than Mythrill.

Orrok Ivory - Native to the Vanharen, Orrok Ivory is obtained from great hunts to slay ancient Orrok Wyrms, a rare sight in the swamps of the Deadlands.

Moonstrand, Ghastwood & Heartwood - These are native to the Bloodsworn and aren't commonly found elsewhere in Andarun. Heartwood is extremely rare whilst Moonstrand is a cloth-like material associated with the ceremonial works of the Calenfari Priestesses.

• It is recommended to read the Lorebook on Magic: The Unseen World, to make more sense of how the various creatures of Andarun are categorized.

Chaos - Creatures whose souls originate from the Chaosstream.

Order Neutral - Creatures whose souls originate from the Soulstream, and are inherent in Andarun. e.g. Grizzly Bear.

Fel - Indicates corruption of chaos.

Order Fel - Are creatures from order (that entered the world as creatures of Order), whom have been irreversibly corrupted by Chaos. e.g. Were-people, dire wolves.

Chaos/Fel - Chaos Fel creatures indicate that these creatures's souls originate from the Chaosstream, they are also inherently present and found in the world of Order in corrupted physical bodies. Majority of the commonly sighted chaos creatures are Chaos/Fel. Basically, born in Andarun. e.g. Orcs.

Chaos/Horror - Chaos Horrors are the first category of 'True Chaos' creatures, deriving their souls from the Chaosstream. Their physical bodies are not 'born' in Materia like that of the Fel, but are the result of the spillover of their chaotic essence into the Materia plane.

Chaos/Demon - Chaos Demons are the second category of True Chaos creatures. Unlike horrors, demons are mostly attributed to their greater sentience and magical capabilities, allowing them to often derive more clearly defined physical bodies. Demons are the most feared of all creatures of chaos, though the level of power and intelligence among their kin is still very wide, ranging from the elite beast up till the Chaos Princes.

Wretched - While used by the mortal races to categorize all creatures of chaos, there are many chaos creatures who do not identify themselves strictly to the 'greater notion' of Chaos commonly associated by the term 'Wretched'. Witches for example, usually exist for their own selfish gains. On the other hand, some creatures are so irrevocably 'chaotic' they cannot be controlled or tamed by lesser chaos creatures. Non Wretched Chaos examples include: Were-people, Witches, Blood Maidens, Lich.

Other - Creatures that do not reasonably fall within any of the other categories. e.g. Constructs, denizens of Argenon.

Cognition - Is rated from a scale of 1 to 10. All races of High Order (humans, elves, dwarves etc.) have a cognitive ability of 9. Any creature that has a cognitive ability beyond that of the mortal races or cannot be reliably compared have a score of 10.

A BRIEF HISTORY OF ANDARUN
As compiled by Nefari~
~*~
Below is my attempt at compiling the timeline from the birth of the Overworld, the formation of Andarun, to the present mortal period. Due to inconsistencies especially with the ancient codexes, an "Age" can refer to anything from 500 to over a thousand mortal years. This is especially true for the earliest time periods, chiefly, before the period known as the "Forgotten Ages". As for the mortals themselves, I gather their extent of knowledge only goes as far back as the "Age of Chaos". This is likely due to the fact many of the Elven records were lost during the Second Chaos Wars. The dwarves of Dol'Nughdim might have known of the time during the founding of their great city, but alas, their propensity to embellishments as well as their attempt to erase the shame of their cousins of Dol`Amar have distorted the truth of their past...
***​

1. THE CONFLUENCE:
Coming of the Calaseld. Convergence the Overworlds. Birth of the Seravim

2. AGE OF CREATION:
Together with the Seravim, the Calaseld brought the lands into existence. Iolos sang the song of creation, and brought forth Andarun from the seas, the skies he flung into the heavens, and with a jubilant cry the mortals he bade to walk the earth. Miseli harmonized with him, and she sang of mystique, of wonder and imagination. Valos sang the song of discord, it rumbled and thundered, distorting all that was reality and though it sought for ruin, it brought resonance out of the tumultuous pandemonium.

3. AGE OF WONDER:
All creation was good, and together they worshiped their Gods in kind. For an ageless time everything was perfect, but the Calaseld were timeless. The infinite could not grasp the finite. So they bade their Firstborn to watch over Creation, whilst they slumbered. And all was at it should be.

4. AGE OF STRIFE - The Damning Flaw:
The First Celestial War - The Tale of the Taken Seed. It began with a mere mortal. A curious mortal at that. One who looked to the heavens and to the gods, and thought there was so much more than what lay before his eyes. So much more that he needed to know, he needed to see. The Unbound King was his name, and a thirst for knowledge that could not be quenched plagued his being. It consumed him. Sought he the Beginning of All Things, a place, a point, a seed. It lay in a realm unknown to many, place that could never have happened except by chance, an element of its own undoing, but yet was the very essence of its beginning. Took he, the Taken Seed, be he who was called the Unbound King, and thus, he unraveled all the realms. And in the Undoing, Valos thus woke from his slumber, an accusation he doth leveled at Order his brother, for the Unbound King was of his kind. And all the Celestial hosts rallied, to sides at ends, thus spilled on the fields the blood of dark and gold. Caught hither between, lay the mortal land, doomed to destruction by their Makers' hand. If not for the Lady of Grey, pity she took on mortal men. Gathered she their Firstborn at her right hand, tricked her kin doth she did, return... sleep... rest... thus she bade, shutting the petty quarrel away behind the doors of Time. A maiden she beckoned forth, anointed with arms and shield, to stand before the Tribunal guarding with lock and key, and magic and might. Therein it ends, The First Celestial War.

5. GREAT AGE OF ASCENDENCY:
Led by the young gods, mortal men rose in power and might. They united in cause and deed, laying the foundations of a great peoples. They gathered and built, in a place they called Andara, first of the great Empires of yond.

6. AGE OF CALAMITY - The Shattered Heavens:
Thousands of years passed, and the great Empire of Andara prospered. It's people worshipped the gods who walked among them, and they gifted their subjects in kind. But lo' such was the way things were, that those Firstborn who only knew Chaos, saw the beauty of Order and grew envious of its form. But they knew not to appreciate, only to take, possess and dominate; such as when a child sees a flower in full bloom, seeks to pluck it from its stem, not realizing that they have destroyed that which they wanted with their very hands. With the divine sanguine of their bloodkin who served the light drawing them on, crossed they the servants of Chaos, across the Firmament and into mortal land. Horrors of the past all but forgotten, they sought to breach the Tribunal of Time to unleash their liege. And so it begins, the Second Celestial War the First Chaos War.

7. THE COVENENT AGES
At the cost of many lives great and small, so endeth the First of the Chaos Wars. Andara the First of the Great Empires lay in the dust, its people scattered and worn. The Young Gods looked at the lands and their people, and were filled with shame. Perhaps the Makers were never meant to be a part of the Play. So they bade mortal friend farewells, a Promise be kept, to watch from afar but to never walk the land.

8. AGE OF THE FORGOTTEN
. . .

9. THE GOLDEN THOUSAND
The Golden Thousand is actually a collection of four consecutive 'golden ages', which spans for a total of nearly five mortal millennia, as opposed to the literal thousand. ~Nefari

AGE OF SPRING - Establishment of the Great Human Kingdom of Lorn in the Eastlands. First recorded mention of the Ancient Elven Kingdom of Tal`Velahr and the dwarven Kingdom of Dol`Amar in the central and western regions.

AGE OF PROSPERITY

AGE OF EXPLORATION - Approximate establishment of Dol`Nughdim.

AGE OF HARVEST - First recorded instance of the Southern Sea Maelstrom towards the end of the Age of Harvest.

10. THE DEEPENING DARKNESS
The War of the Ancients - Ancient records indicate that a great war was fought between the Elves of Tal`Velahr and the Humans or Lorn. Details on what transpired during the Great War are surprisingly scarce. Despite that, unearthing the elusive secrets from the dust and sand of the Lorn Drylands tells a dire tale of the utter destruction of the Humans of Lorn. Curiously, there is also mention of an event called the "Desecration of the Argenon". This incidentally, is the earliest ever mention of Necromancy in all of history. The connotations it came with was filled with revulsion and contempt. One may juxtapose that the Lorn Empire may have rampantly practiced Necromancy and met their demise at their own hands; as opposed to that of the Elves. This could explain the aversion and taboo nature much of the mortals within Andarun hold, for that particular form of magic (including the early peoples of the Vanharen).

In the Western reaches of Andarun, it was during this period that the Dol`Amar dwarves, discovered certain powerful artifacts. Legends of old tell of the discovery of Miseli's Tears and the Belgor Obelisk. Thought to be Relics from the Great Empire of Andara, led by the mad dwarven king Belgor Ironjaw, the Dol`Amar dwarves thought they could use the relics to gain control over the great dragon flights. It was said that thousands of Saelas were kidnapped and sacrificed in order to perform the despicable magic ritual; but the spell went awry or perhaps, it was not fully understood. Instead of granting control, the spell which ancient texts refer to as Drakenblight, drove all the great ancient wyrms into beastial insanity. This event marks the beginning of the Drakarian Age. No one knows what happened to the dwarves of Dol`Amar after they unleashed the Drakenblight. The ancient stories say that the Elder God, Miseli, cursed them to mindlessly their fellow kin until their blood turned the River Ksh`duin red for a century, and that whoever ventures into the cursed halls of Dol`Amar shall be struck by the same curse as the forsaken dwarves.

11. THE DRAKARIAN AGE
The Wyrmwars - The madened dragons scourged the lands with their reign of fire for a thousand years. Led by the Elven King, Sildorin Velahr Dragonsbane, the Dragon Hunters of Tal`velahr and their legendary fae allies, the combined forces slowly but surely, retook their lands from the malevolent and insane behemoths. In a climatic fight, Sildorin Velahr smote the Great Black Dragon, Caleroth Blightwing. A feat that consumed both combatants but put an end to the terrible scourge of the maddened dragons. Having suffered huge losses, especially by the betrayal of the dwarves, the Saelas disappeared from the lands. Many claimed they were gravely saddened by the evil intent of the other mortal races, choosing instead to retreat and hide in the Emerald Realm.

While the Westlands were embroiled in the fight for survival, in the far east, life began anew. A thousand years after the fall of Lorn, the remnants of its people eventually congregated and founded the beginnings of what was to be Serahaz (but of course, they had no need for a name back then). They led a peaceful life, working the fertile lands at the fringes of the desert.

Dispute of the Five Princes.
It was the end of the Drakarian Age. The terrible dragon flights gone (or at least, reduced to singular threats), but it came at the cost of many elven lives. Weakened by the devastation and with King Sildorin slain, his five sons sought to take the throne for themselves. This was the start of the Fae Wars. The civil war lasted for nearly a century and took a further toll on the elves. It was said that the once near immortal elves, because of their hubris, lost Miseli's blessing and were stripped off their everlasting life. The Fae Wars reached an uneasy conclusion when the crown prince, Eldorin Velahr, saddened and ashamed by the needless loss of elven lives (including that of his brother Isfalan), took up his family and subjects, before disappearing into the North. Tal`Velahr and the remaining elven cities were then divided between the other three princes. Prince Ayred took the southern forests and ruled in An`Falithe, Prince Hiraeth took the throne of Tal`Velahr and lastly, Prince Nueleth took his older sister Princess Selendyss, whose beauty was said to be unrivaled in all the land, as his queen and ruled over the eastern reaches. Though many were reviled by their union the eastern lands prospered under their rule.

For a time, there was a delicate peace throughout the Fae lands. But this was not to last. Prince Hiraeth struck out at his twin brother, Nueleth. Hiraeth had been secretly in love with Selendyss, and grew bitter and jealous of his brother as the years drew on. He had made his intentions clear to Selendyss in the past, but she rejected him in favour of Nueleth. Seething with anger, Hiraeth, now King of Tal`Velahr stoked the seeds of revulsion within his people with hate propaganda. Amassing his armies, he overwhelmed Nueleth's forces until finally, he murdered his brother in cold blood infront of Selendyss. Overwhelmed with grief, Selendyss begged him to end her life. However, twisted darkness gripped Hiraeth's heart and he ordered the princess imprisoned in the dungeons, to be later dealt with as he pleased. During the night, Nueleth's loyal men, rescued the princess. But her soul was already shattered. Selendyss broke away from her rescuers and disappeared into the eastern forests. The legends say she cursed Hiraeth's line to ruin before stabbing and wrenching her own heart out of her chest, for the loss of her love was unbearable. The forests later became known as the Mistwoods. The eastern elven kingdom and its immediate lands was eventually beset by disaster and darkness, quickly falling into ruin. Fel`Nueleth is said to be the remains of the once prosperous city.

Not too many years after the tragedy of Fel`Nueleth a growing evil swept out from the tainted halls of Dol`Amar and its surrounding lands; now named Blightreun, marking the start of the Second Chaos Wars.

12. THE AGE OF CHAOS
The horrors known as The Wretched that poured out of the Chaos Gates in Blightreun took the elves by surprise. Unprepared, the elves were slaughtered and from the peak of the tallest spire in Tal`Velahr, High King Hiraeth threw himself to his doom as the streets below ran red with the blood of his people. The ancient city of Tal`Velahr fell to ruin and utter destruction almost too soon, and without the Saelas, the elves fought a losing tide of battle.

Unbeknownst to them, a similar battle was fought in the far east by the people of Serahaz. Evil poured out of the Miramoor Marshlands, turning the once fertile lands into putrid swamps. With the echoes of a terrible past to warn them against greed for power, the eastern humans were very much a peace loving people, who wished for nothing but to live in their beloved land. But the vessels of Chaos knew no difference and had no mercy. All would be consumed. The humans had no glorious empire to lead them, no ancient walls to protect them. But they were the descendents of a great race, a great nation. And so they fought back against the Chaos with a will and tenacity to live like no one else in all history, with so little, ever did. The eastern humans would've gone down in history as the greatest fighters of all time, if not for the appearance of the Gate Council. With no choice left to them, the humans embraced their long buried past and revived the once taboo form of magic, Necromancy. The tide turned, and they pushed back against the evil Wretched, finally defeating the Chaos Prince. Forever changed, the humans and their allies called themselves the Vanharen, and vowed to let nothing prevent them from living ever again. Not the arrogance of their past, not Chaos, and perhaps, not even Death. So begins, the founding of the first of the three new empires. MORE INFO ON THE VANHAREN IN THEIR KINGDOM BRIEF

13. THE AGE OF HOPE
While the Vanharen managed to overcome Chaos in the east, the elves of the west struggled to hold the Wretched at bay. For centuries during the Age of Chaos, they fought and struggled, lost and reclaimed their lands, until the folly of one called The Fool, the Last King of the old elven kingdom. Doomed to be annhilated, the fae races faced extinction until the coming of destined champions. Together, they rose beyond their call of duty and united the fae under one banner, putting aside their differences and prejudices, they found strength in their diversity. The Bloodsworn Kingdom, forged in the blood of their ancestors, they became the second of the new great empires.

14. THE AGE OF KINGS
A period of a couple thousand years where both Empires settled themselves into finding their place in the every changing lands of Andarun. The Chaos Wars and Cataclysms of the past left their mark not just in the ravaged landscapes, but in the hearts of its people.

Approximate destruction of the Cal`Ancalen, resulting in the Sundered Highlands and founding of Elwyndias. The major Elven Cities were thought to be founded roughly during this period, in order: Moonbright, Kal`Borias, Elwyndias and lastly Caelfall.

Several records of minor skirmishes between the Bloodsworn and Vanharen occurred during this time.

15. THE AGE OF MORTALS
Out of the Southern Maelstrom, the Sea People came. Darius the Great, First Commander of the Absolute King led his people from faraway lands in huge vessels of steel and arrived on the shores of Southern Andarun. They met with the Dvara, and they forged an alliance for they worshipped the same One True God.
Darius had a young daughter, Arya, and it was she who spoke to the Dvara, wise beyond her years, forging an alliance and helping her people see the natives as one of them. But she did not live beyond her years.
Led by their Emperor, The Arya, the Sea People built their oldest city, Thunderkeep against the storm washed cliffs of the Southern Ocean. So it began the founding of the Third Great Empire, the Dominion of Arya, the Steel Empire.

Not too many centuries after the Dominion expanded their reach, they came into contact with the other two empires. Thus, the Three Hundred Year War began. The armies of the three kingdoms clashing and vying for control.

16. THE AGE OF PEACE
The Three Hundred Year War only ended when the forces of Chaos resurfaced, more organized than before threatening the start of another devestating Chaos War. A ceasefire was called and treaties signed in a place now known as the Town of Haven.

The Age of Peace is the current Age.

[/color]

full

Aran`Fadrasil. Capital City of the Bloodsworn.
Elvish Language Resources: Ed'Lammen & Common Phrases Credits to Thranduil Graywolf of the Grey Company.

~*~
6a7de07917ce7565f26e896e4a5eb1e7.jpg
Name: City of An`Falithe
Landmark Type: Bloodsworn Populated
Notes: The ancient City of An`Falithe. The only Elven city to survive from the time before the founding of the Bloodsworn Alliance. An`Falithe sits on the edge of Lake Elena (Sea of Stars in elvish). Like the other two cities of Elwyndias and Moonbright, An`Falithe's strategic location at the southern border of the Sendarfeld Glades allows it to act as one of the Bloodsworn's border guards. Home to the Temple of the goddess Felariel, the Rangers of An`Falithe patrol the glades ensuring nothing crosses the threshold of Bloodsworn lands without permission remain alive. They must remain vigilant, with the ever present threat of the Wretched of Dragonspine Mounts.

~*~
4cbecbf5f23fab1b5f7d99e0147bb031.jpg
Name: Garden's of Amithilea
Landmark Type:
Bloodsworn Populated
Notes: It is said, that the true guardian of the Sendarfeld Glades, the source of its magic, lies within the deepest part of the forest. Home to the Amithilea, the greatest tree in all of the Glades and from which the gardens have their namesake. With trees so huge and tall they block out almost all sunlight, the land below is mostly illuminated by glowing fungi and other flora. The Grove of Elders reside within the Gardens, from which all who sought their wise council may seek them out. A sacred land, only one deemed worthy enough will be allowed to enter the Gardens. If one should attempt to trespass, they will find themselves forever lost within the Glades.

~*~
473acbd273f270ba393aaa8bce753638.jpg
Name: Moonbright
Notes: The sentinel city of Moonbright sits on the Northern edge of the Sendarfeld Glades, at the fork between two great rivers. The clear rushing waters of the River Nimras that flows from the Northern Mountains and the slow dark waters of the Ksh`duin, that meanders out from the desolate halls of Dol`Amar. A significant number of Nektara Sylvans and Kal`Borias watermages are always present, ensuring that the Ksh`duin River is clear of any taint. Arguably the most militaristic of all the Bloodsworn cities, even in recent times, Moonbright must defend the Glades against the encroaching threat of the Blightreun Wretched.

~*~
72da906e11937fa8dbc8ebb30d83f52e.jpg
Name: Elwyndias
Notes: The beautiful ivory towers of Elwyndias stands as a stark reminder to all Stormlords to quell their greed for more power. Powerful enchantments have been weaved into its walls, giving the city is pearly white sheen. Founded along the banks of the River Nimras, Elwyndias bars any errant traveler from going North, almost as much as it tries to keep whatever Planetouched Horrors that roam the Sundered Highlands from entering the Glades. Squalrush Spire, the best windmage school in the Bloodsworn lands is situated at Elwyndias. Perhaps due to its proximity with the Planar disruption, many elven Planeswalkers are born within Elwyndias.

~*~
22d87400d9a6d96d60424d29f6bb7d59.jpg
Name: Dol`Nughdim
Notes: Perhaps older even than An`Falithe, is the dwarven city of Dol`Nughdim. Built into the southern face of the Skyreach Mountains, the fortress has stood not just the test of time, but the ageless Chaos. Though soaked in the blood of its defenders the walls of Dol`Nughdim have never been breached, even during the Bloodsworn's toughest hour when the Wretched ran rampant over their lands. In recent times, the dwarves have shifted their focus to mining precious Solian Crystals that power Skyships. The Temple of the Mountain God Handrumal is located within its walls.

~*~
7e21e72d1731edc87fe986de35052435.jpg
Name: Isfalan
Landmark Type: Bloodsworn (Scarcely Populated). Ruins.
Notes: The sunken Library of Isfalan are the ruins of a great library, said to have existed from a time before the great wars. While it certainly contains many texts of the ancient elves and even dwarves, scholars have yet to ascertain the original builders of the Great Library; as its architecture is unique to anything seen before in the known world. Built into a half-sunken cave between the foothills of the Skyreach Highlands and the wetlands surrounding River Imladrei, Isfalan is watched over by a handful of hermit-like caretakers. Though its outer reaches see fairly frequent visitors, much of its lower regions remain unexplored and as such, holds hidden dangers.

~*~
fa92d36381175c13d0f49d71ca30c783.jpg
Name: Caelfall
Notes: The port town of Caelfall is located on the southern coast of Bloodsworn lands. It has the largest population of humans within the Bloodsworn. Many of its inhabitants are either fishermen or merchants, plying their goods between Kal`Borias and the mainland.

~*~
80e28ba2f18144e08e64cd2f4356cc23.jpg
Name: Kal`Borias
Landmark Type:
Bloodsworn Populated
Notes: The island city of Kal`Borias is home to two of the most prestigious schools of magic in the lands. The Tempest Magicka Adept, is an institute that specializes in the Primal element and produces the most amount of Tempests among the other schools. The Azura Tower on the other hand, is responsible for the training of the famous Kal`Borias watermages.

~*~
fc32253ae89035527821246f1448b022.jpg
Name: Fairgale
Notes: The town of Fairgale is the first town travelers from the other lands will see, when entering into Bloodsworn territory via Haven. As such, its dusty streets are almost always crowded with merchants and traders from all corners of the land. A Skyship airfield sits just outside its fringe, ferrying goods to the other parts of the Bloodsworn lands.

~*~
778ead430f826f089a3f18f291ed5b45.jpg
Name: Fel`Nueleth
Landmark Type: Uninhabited. Ruins.
Notes: Once a great ancient Elven City, a great tragedy befell the lands, and caused its once proud spires to fall into ruin. Now, it has become nothing more than a graveyard for foolish adventurers seeking its buried treasures.

~*~
f113514dc293156237c5ed421fcd96e5.jpg
Name: Blightreun
Landmark Type: Wretched Lands.

Notes: Land of unimaginable darkness and evil. The Chaosgate had been closed, but much of its horrors still remain.

~*~
b77e13693c68caa64f791f011973860f.jpg
Name: Dol`Amar
Landmark Type: Uninhabited. Ruins

Notes: Dol`Amar was once the dwarven Capital. Now, nothing roams its dark cursed halls.

~*~
0055829059d19647a2895efc0c9861cd.jpg
Name: The Sundered Highlands
Landmark Type: Uninhabited. Ruins
Notes: Once a city ruled by the most powerful Stormlords of the lands, in their hubris, they were undone by the very same powers they sought to control. The catastrophic event tore a rift between the planes, causing unconstrained planar elementals to ravage the land. Though the main rift has been closed, the veil between the planes still remains weak, allowing planetouched horrors to break through every now and then. Only with the mages of Elwyndias can they be kept in check.

~*~
full
Name: Mistwood
Landmark Type: Uninhabited. Forest.
Notes: In ages past, the Mistwoods was once a thriving and lively forest. Until tragedy befell the Elven City of Fel`Nueleth. The very same curse that destroyed the ancient city tainted the forest, and now, not even the beasts of the land dare venture into its haunted grounds.

full

Midranthos. Capital City of the Dominion of Arya

Fractures Within a Proud Dominion:

To any outsider, and perhaps even to the common folk, the Aryans would seem like one solid unit, ruled by the Arya, God-Emperor of the Dominion. A well oiled steel behemoth, with a single head. Indeed they were, more-so during the days of its foundation. But centuries of relative peace with the other two great Kingdoms has allowed a rapidly growing tide of differing political powers, vying for influence within the proud Dominion. Behind its shining city walls and gilded palaces, multiple undercurrents of powers clash within the shadows, eager to gain the upper hand. Of the many, the two greatest 'political wings' within the Dominion are the Golden Throne with the Arya (God Emperor), and the Argenti Sanctus headed by the Patriarch of Iolos.

Once a benevolent force of wise council to the Golden Throne, the Church of Iolos soon figured out that they held a significant influence amongst the general populace. With the Great Wars coming to an end, the Dominion like all other Kingdoms had to begin counting their losses. The brunt of the years of strife was borne by the common folk; many had lost much, if not everything to feed the Emperor's selfish conquests. Whispers of dissent grew, as common-folk saw that the welfare of the nobles fared better than the others. Led by the Patriarch of Iolos, the Church of Iolos saw an opportune moment to use their seat of power from within the Argenti Sanctus (Silver Sanctum) to push for their own selfish agenda; inadvertently wresting some control off a portion of the Dominion from the Arya. Though the Dominion has long since recovered from the Great Wars, the cracks from within that emerged have yet to subside.

**One will note that different classes of Arya swear their allegiances to different segments of the Dominion. For the most part, all classes swear fealty to the Dominion. This is denoted by "Arya"Arya as in the Land, not the Emperor. "Independent" allegiances indicate that such groups are large enough to act of their own accord, and will only answer to the Emperor in matters concerning the Dominion as a whole. "Emperor" allegiances answer directly to the Golden Throne, and are actively involved in carrying out edicts from the Emperor, even those of political nature. Those whose allegiances lie with the "Patriarch of Iolos" conversely, answer directly to the Argenti Sanctus. Other allegiances include the Dvara and Iolos.**

In essence, The Aryans believe that only Iolos is worthy of being called a God. The others are false gods, or lesser celestials. They also believe that once all of Andarun worships Iolos alone, only then can they push Chaos away out of the realms. The Church of Iolos is lead by the Patriarch, and he uses Deacons and inquisitors to carry out tasks. There are many other roles and hierarchy within the Church of course. I'll leave those entirely up to the writer! But these are just the basics.

~*~
0b6e6ee903de347eb4a5f1db3519c209.jpg
Name: Emhain Macha
Landmark Type: Arya Populated
Notes: Known as the City of Splendour. Emhain Macha is the second largest city in Dominion territory. Built on an island in the middle of Lake Macha, many from all over Andarun travel here just to get a glimpse of its pearly cerulean walls and breathtaking festivals. The River Sovereign brings with it not just fresh water from the Northlands, but also merchants on river barges, coming down from the Town of Haven.

~*~
2787b9b359aee0c6dac938bc71be17f8.jpg
Name: Skytop Hold
Notes: Once an eastern outpost of the Dominion, Skytop has quickly grown into a city of its own. They stalwartly guard the Empire against the threat of the Wretched pouring out of the Dragonspine Mountains. It's architecture is unique in that it resembles the great tents of the Dvara, but is fashioned with stone. Skytop is governed by one of the oldest Noble houses in the Empire, House Aindrine. Skytop is unique in that many of its Aryanite people mingle freely and marry with the Dvara, including the ruling House. This is regarded with revulsion by many of the other ruling noble houses, but as House Aindrine protects Midranthos' eastern border without question, they are largely left alone. The current ruler is Lady Aoi Aindrine, who recently married Thames Regalia.

57665eea386d898b042a25965f579071.jpg
Hidden Knight Class! Skytop Blademaster: Unlike the regular Aryan Knight, Skytop Blademasters prefer to do away with heavy armor, focusing instead on honing their skills with the blade. Dedicating their life to one of intense discipline through training and meditation, the blademasters train with the Shas`li of the Dvaran tribes. Like the Shas`li, Skytop Blademasters are capable of developing their spiritual energy, manifesting itself in their supernatural skill with the blade (e.g. able to extend the striking distance of their swords by a short range.) Restriction - Dvara, Skytop Human

~*~
full
Name: Thunderkeep
Notes: With its foundations set deep into the cliffs of the tip of Andarun, Thunderkeep rises up into the sky, facing out into the great blue from which the Aryanites came from. Oldest of all the Aryan cities, a monument to Darius the Great has been erected, a giant statue facing out against the raging seas. Thunderkeep protects its people from the horrors of Salttear Bog and keeps the rugged shamble of Deepwater in some semblance of order.

~*~
b07f713b8fa296e871dd8c169ff86fd5.jpg
Name: Deepwater
Landmark Type: Arya Populated. Some Bloodsworn & Deadlander.
Notes: Several days out at sea, lies the island on which the City of Deepwater resides. In all aspects, it is pretty much pirate haven as all manner of lowlifes and random assortment of people seeking to flee their homeland for whatever reason find themselves in the slums of Deepwater. Deepwater is a city on the brink of chaos, ruled by self proclaimed Lords and gang leaders. It is also the only place in Arya territory where elves and other fae - and Deadlander - can set up permanent residence (but really, why would you want to do that?). Only the infrequent patrols of Aryan soldiers keep the city from outright upheaval. Also an excellent place for the Church of Iolos to recruit fanatical zealots who would do anything for coin... and sniffing herbs.....

~*~
63b7a9aea6f133e0101d922c2858a171.jpg
Name: Saltear Bog
Landmark Type: Uninhabited. Haunted Marsh.

Notes: If you see a beautiful woman in a long white diaphanous gown, beckoning you to follow her... just don't! *splash* OH FOR GOODNESS SAKE!

~*~
64e5f538fe1173e44c929c9c3013baa5.jpg
Name: Hagwood
Landmark Type: Uninhabited. Haunted Forest.

Notes: If you see a beautiful woman in a long white diaphanous gown, beckoning... *ouch... that's gotta hurt.. Bye Thomas, told you so.*

full

Serahaz, Vanharen City. Capital of the Vaharen Deadlands.
~*~
d2cf8fdf4b2e956f6a4553316eb44700.jpg
Name: Miransar
Landmark Type: Deadland population.
Notes: Birthplace of the Mirani. Or so the legends say. Miransar is the second largest city of the Vanharen. Governed by the aristocratic Mirani Lords, Miransar's architecture favours tall and narrow ceilings, with sharp steeple's. Miransar was built on the southern edge of the Harghaast woods, many of its furnishings made with the Bone white ghastwood. The Harghaast forest holds many eerie secrets, so much so that it remains an enigma even to the people of Miransar. Ghastwood cannot be taken by simply chopping down the Harghaast trees. If taken prematurely, ghastwood will crack and shatter like glass. Only branches and trees that fall on their own can be made into usable ghastwood.

~*~
full
Name: Farrowdown
Landmark Type: Deadland population.
Notes: Farrowdown grew from a border outpost into a large town, especially in the last couple of centuries when the borders opened up between the lands. But its original purpose still remains, to keep watch over the seal Chaosgate nearby.

~*~
8ea2d98a6aab1063019bfe6c3b4e63c5.jpg
Name: Gul Karadas
Notes: A forsaken place, set deep in the Daggerspine mountains. A place of myth, no one has seen its dark walls and lived to tell the tale. It is said a powerful lich haunts its desecrated hallways.

~*~
full
Name: Ibn Catar
Landmark Type: Unknown inhabitants. Ruins.
Notes: Said to hold ancient relics from previous civilizations, the Forgotten Tower of Ibn Catar is said to be the home of the Necronomicon, the fabled book of necromancy the Gate Council first gave to the people of Vanharen. However, no one has seen the book or Ibn Catar in centuries.

~*~
d7939b7cd73d4a23975d4bead1b086ea.jpg
Name: Seer's Folly
Notes: At the top of a group of mountains and surrounded by the Miramoor Marshlands, Seer's Folly is a Caldera Lake. It's waters are the deepest black, so black, that it is said one can thread through its waters and sink directly into the Argenon.

~*~
5d675cddd3fac73a48a3e06969d58166.jpg
Name: Lorn Drylands
Landmark Type: Uninhabited. Desert.
Notes: A desolate wasteland. None but the nomadic tribes of the Heaten`hua willingly traverse the dry dusty land. A hot and dry inhospitable place during the day, temperatures can drop to freezing in the night with little shelter to be found, except the occasional ruins of ancient buildings.

Q: What are the restrictions of a Dreamcatcher's magic? Can they only affect human perception?

A: To put it simply, the Dreamcatcher's magic greatly depends on how complex the target's mind is. It is easier to fool/deceive and animal compared to say a goblin. Its much easier to fool a goblin compared to the average human. It is almost impossible to fool a well trained, mentally focused warrior into fighting his own allies as a normal enchanter. You may disorient him or lower his fighting capabilities but generally, the human mind is too complex to deceive completely. They can, however, influence the smaller more specific things such as faking a smell (no, I don't mean farting).

E.g., when not expecting it, a Dreamcatcher can even deceive a rogue (who generally have heightened senses) into not hearing the approach of danger until the last minute. If the target does not know what to look for, you can easily disguise it away from then!

Q: Could you explain stringmasters in more detail?

A: I guess the basic confusion would be to ask, whats the difference between a stringmaster and necromancer? Well, necromancers bind a single soul of which they have command of, to a single body. If they have ten bodies, they need ten souls to 'power' them all. A stringmaster uses only one soul, to 'power' a group of body parts (if I can call it that, usually between 5 and 10 parts for an accomplished stringmaster). They animate things from hands, feet, jaws, and to a certain blurish extent: can see through an animated eyeball. Usually, they carry around a chest/bag of these body parts for use. Though, in some cases, they would have to get fresh ones x3..."

"Why can't you use one soul to 'power' 10 full bodies instead? Well, put it this way. The 'group' of animated parts forms a body as a whole. The complexities of powering 10 full bodies would be too much for one stringmaster and one soul to control. From a different point of view, I think of stringmasters as well... dancers; ** that's how I named their legends. When controlling their animated body parts, think of every part of the stringmasters body as being connected to the body parts by a thread. So whatever they do, the body parts do as well. The result: the stringmaster appears to be doing some sort of macabre dance; and yes, that's how I named the elites xD "

As for Macabres: In order to begin using a body part, a stringmaster has to etch runes onto it, and begin the incantation in order to bind it to the soul so that it can be a part of the 'whole'. As you can imagine, stringmasters stand in the background, more like a sorcerer instead of a warrior. Stringmasters make use of a couple of runes to complete their animations. These runes fulfill two purposes. The first is the binding rune. It connects the part to the Stringmaster's chosen spirit and in doing so, enables it to be puppeted. The second rune is the preserving rune. Its used for well... preserving a certain body part from decay. Sometimes, and additional rune is required to enable otherwise immobile limbs such as jaws to work in tandem with a hand. Macabres have developed the concentration and power to channel their magic through their bone scythe, to imprint a mark on any severed body part, immediately binding it to a spirit. These marked part then seeks out other similarly marked parts and join to become a whole. While this allows the Macabre to animate parts on-the-fly, it also requires more energy to maintain. Often the abomination crumbles after the battle.

Limbs as implied, are mostly from humanoids, though the occasional 'odd' limb from various creatures can be used (e.g. spiked tail) though probably not as efficiently as the norm (most binding spirits used are of humanoids like lizardmen, goblins, orcs, sometimes humans and elves (though the latter two is not preferred and highly exhaustive).

[*WARNING~WARNING*Renovation in progress, mind the mess ^(^^)^*WARNING~WARNING*]

Last edited:
Update 1.1!

Remade the Material Codex table to be more easily legible.
Added some new Materials: Shadestone, Moonstrand.
Rebalanced the other material stats

Last edited:
Update 1.2

Added the names of the Gatecouncil and 13 Gates of Death. Info can be found in the Necromancer Lore Book.
Description of First Precinct of the Argenon added.

Update 1.3!

Coding seems to have survived Xenforo 2 transition with minimal impact! *phew*
New materials added! Sancterite & Orrok Ivory!
Footnotes added for Materials Lore.

Update 2.0!

Added a FULLCOLOUR map of Andarun :D! (courtesy of meself).
-The map can be found in the Beginner's Guide to Andarun Lorebook.

Update 2.1

3 New Lorebooks added. Brief descriptions of the various cities and significant landmarks throughout Andarun.
-All landmarks are divided into the books: Lands of the Bloodsworn, The Dominion, The Deadlands.

Update 2.2

Added in the Timeline of the various Ages of Andarun in the "Through the Ages" lorebook. There are a total of 16 Ages! This makes Andarun approximately TWENTY THOUSAND years old =D!

Most RPs in 'present time' will be in the Age of Peace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back