• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern "And they were roommates" (closed)

lost_girl

the comedic relief side character
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
877245d2743f6557229be48979a923a7.jpg
"Cass, please just listen. I would never-"
"Right. You would never. Like you never did with Eden."
"I already told you that was an accident. It happened once. It didn't mean anything. I don't love her like I love yo-"
"If this is what it feels like to be loved by you, I don't want it."
"You don't mean it, Cass..."
"Like hell I don't mean it! I'm done. With all of this."
"People are staring..."
"Great. Let them stare. Let them all know right here right now that this? Is over."
"Cass, no one will love you like I do."
Cassia shook her head, letting a mixture of tears and rain run down her face. She was done trying to talk.
"Bye Tara. Have a nice life."
Cassia turned and walked down the street toward her apartment. As she stepped into the building's lobby, she swiped a hand at her face and looked at the sparkles that came off. How had this night gone so horribly wrong? She'd been so excited for tonight just a few hours ago, when she was adding sparkles to her eyeliner and curling her hair...Now she was soaked and shivering in the dress she'd picked out just to make Tara smile, waiting for the elevator that would take her up to her apartment where she could cry in peace.
Stumbling through her apartment's doorway, Cassia ripped off her heels and threw them on the ground by the door before sinking onto the couch in the living room of the apartment she shared with her roommate, feeling numb. It was over. After so long. Maybe it should've ended before now, but she could never bring herself to let go of the only person she'd ever loved. Tara had been her first and only love and now it was all gone.

"Next!" shouted Avery. Avery worked at the local coffee shop and she's kinda hate it.
"I want a black coffee, now. Do hurry, I'm in a rush to get to work", the customer said.
"Right away, ma'am" Avery mumbled. she worked efficiently and quickly, eager for the cash and eager to leave. Avery handed the customer her order, who was on the phone, and asked for the payment. "oh, oh right! uhm, let me search my purse." Avery struggled to resist rolling her eyes.
She glanced at the other customers in line and saw them grumbling and looking at their watches.
"it's gonna be a long day" she mutter under her breath.

She had a long day in the cafe but still manage to end it well. Avery has been working in her aunt's cafe for a month. She moved from the small town to a big city, she play soccer and now she's a senior year in college. Avery can't wait to graduate and start traveling the world. It's her dream to travel because she found it nice, and probably be an international soccer player. She's really goodat at playing soccer since she was in middle school. After she's done pack her stuff to go back to her place she drove her motorbike.
Avery didn't really talk to her roommate because she was busy, working, and practicing soccer. She would go early morning, and come back late at night. She walk into her apartment, with her soaked clothes, straight heading towards her room because she thought her roommate is sleeping on the couch so she didn't really care.
Summer Fit.jpeg

Last edited:
Cassia was startled out of her thoughts by the sound of the apartment door opening and shutting as Avery got back from wherever she'd been. She swiped at her face as she heard her roommate head toward her room. They'd never really talked since Avery usually left early in the morning and came back late at night, so Cass admittedly knew a lot less about her roommate than she probably should. Most of her life had revolved around her relationship with Tara and the friends they shared, which would probably split up now that her and Tara had broken up. She realized she barely even knew her coworkers at Grow Your Own Way in a personal way. They all shared a love for the plant shop, but she wasn't really close with any of them. They probably knew more about her; like she liked to paint because she painted the shop's windows and had a side hustle doing commissions, and she was dating Tara because every year she would come surprise Cass with a cake at work on her birthday. Crap, her birthday. What was she going to do tomorrow now that Tara was out of the picture? She wanted to just sit in her room with a container of cookie dough ice cream.
Cass shivered as she sank back into the couch. Needing a distraction from everything, she called out to her roommate.
"Hey Avery. How was your day?"
She wasn't sure what compelled her to reach out after all this time, maybe she just needed to feel like she wasn't completely alone.

Avery work at her aunt's cafe because her parents told her it would be great for her to go socializing with other people. At first Avery rejected it but after she realized it'll be just fine to work there as the barista. She was born in a wealthy family, her dad is a surgeon and her mom is a lawyer. She doesn't have any siblings, that's why she always lonely. Before she moved into her new apartment, she live with her parents but they were busy at work most of the time. She likes being alone and do her thing, like painting, playing guitar. Her parents won't let her leave far from home because they're worried.

Avery was gonna go to take a quick shower when her roommate call out her name. She sigh and walk lazily to the shared living room. She was still in her soaked clothes with her messy hair. She clean her throat and turn her head to see her roommate. Suddenly she feel nervous because she rarely talk to Cassia. "Hi.. It was good, I guess.. Well I start practice early morning and work.. I mean study too, you know, keep my grade up" she say awkwardly and not looking at into Cassia's gaze because she find it rude to stare at someone right into their eyes, because they're not close. "How was yours?" She continue and walk closer to the couch so she can sit on the edge of the couch.

Cassia shook her head. "Right, you play soccer don't you?"
She shrugged in response to Avery's question about her day. "It was fine," then she hesitated. She might as well talk to someone, she hated feeling so alone.
"...Tara and I broke up. It was kinda nasty. I don't wanna burden you with the details though so if you need to get to bed I understand."

Avery nod as Cassia asked her and she run the back of her neck, nervous. "Yea, I play soccer.. Well I have game day this weekend so that's why I go practice more often" she look up at her roommate and her eyes met the prettiest face she'd ever seen. But Avery was gonna look away when she heard about Cassia broke up with her girlfriend. She slowly sit closer beside Cassia. "Oh, I'm sorry for that.. If you need to or someone to talk, I'm here" she say softly and look at Cassia with caring.

Avery got up as Cassia let her go showering. She needs to shower because her clothes still soaked from the rain. "You can just, knock my door if you wanna talk.. After I shower of course" she say before walking towards her room. She sigh tiredly but her roommate might have someone to talk so, she can't have an early time to sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back