• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy And they were roomates... (Closed)

OOC
Here

Cosmic_Flare

Darkness Comes
The city traffic whizzed by as Don adjusted her hat. The moon shone down on the busy city, stars accompanying it in the black sky. The night was cold, something the young demon had never minded, but in order to keep up her human appearance, she had donned a black hat with a fluffball on the top and two tassels that hung over her ears. Tucking her black hair into her hoodie so it didn't whip into her face, she looked down at the ad she had printed out before leaving her former home.

"Your payment was accepted! Remember you have agreed to share this apartment with another, who will be expected keep up the same policy as yourself." This excellent website online had led her to the page, giving her an affordable price for a nice place to live. The only catch was, she had to share it with a complete stranger. Being a busy little demon, she had forgotten to communicate with her new roommate before arriving.

Now, looking up at the pastel colored building, she sighed. This could end disastrously. She wasn't completely confident in her social skills with stranger she wasn't assigned to hunt or drain, but she didn't have another option. Demon agents in the field, the human world, were expected to provide their own income in order to get a better feel for the human race. Donatella didn't agree with the rule, but none of her arguments had changed the mind of any Elder demons, so she was stuck with her minimum wage job at a nearby coffee shop until then.

The door to the building jingled as she entered, automatically putting her in a bad mood. Checking the mailbox on her printed out form, she found two sets of keys, meaning the roommate wasn't there yet. Sighing in relief, Don grabbed one pair and went up to the apartment. She opened the door and walked in, examining the place.
With three rooms and one bathroom, the place wasn't too bad. A small hallway from the front door led to a room with a joint kitchen and mini living room. to the right was the living room part of the area. Don nodded in a satisfactory manner, walking back to the small hallway. On either side were two white doors, which to two identical bedroom. Claiming the one she liked by throwing her bag on it, she went out and found a third door along the hallway wall. Upon opening it, she found a small bathroom with a small shower. Sighing, she shrugged. This'll do

She thought, going back to her room and setting up her things.

Sora helped Akina get into her jacket before putting his on and leaving. He was moving apartments today and both him and his two year old were excited. He didn’t care about the gender or race of the roommate, just as long as they didn’t stereotype him with ‘Asian culture’ that isn’t acctually Asian culture.

After taking the young girls hand in his, they set out to the apartment complex, and he was handed a key at the reception desk. Feeling bored, he went to check the mailbox beforehand, realising that there was nothing, made his way up to the apartment with Akina. He opened the door and Akina ran straight in and dived onto the sofa.

Hearing the door open, Don frowned. I wonder if that’s them... Mentally preparing herself just in case, she then poked her head out. She was surprised to find a small child on the sofa. Walking to her, she completely missed the man at the door. “Hello little one... are you lost?” She smiled.

Akina smiled, "no, me and daddy are moving in here and he 's bringing the bags in."

She frowned. “Daddy?...” Turning, she made eye contact with the man, then looked him up and down. “Um... hi. My name is Donatella.” She stuck out her hand.

Sora laughed and offered his hand out. "The name's Sora. I see that you've already met my daughter Akina."

She shook his hand, then turned back to the young girl. “Ah So this one is your’s?” She went over, sitting by the girl. “She’s very cute.”

Sora smiles. "Yeah she is. It's a shame that her mother doesn't want anything to do with her." Sora frowns when he thinks about it.

She frowned as the thought as well. “That is a shame... well don’t worry, I’m always free to help out. Would you like sweetie? My name is Don.” She introduced herself to Akina.

Akina grins. “Hi, I’m Akina and I’m 2 years old,” she says whilst holding up 3 fingers

Laughing at the adorable expression, Don gently put on of her fingers down. “That’s great sweetie.” Standing up, she walked back to Sora. “So... should we talk business now? Like, who’s getting the groceries and if you two are allergic to anything and such...”

Sora smiles. “Akina is allergic to certain things that are found in most seafood so I’ll get the groceries.”

“Sounds good m. I can help-“ She paused, her body going rigid. Her mind focused on a picture of a young girl, who was sitting in a coffee shop, her hair brown and her eyes green. She shook her head an dthe image vanished. Talk about bad timing. I can’t believe I got an assignment now! She smiled. “Sorry. I can help with cooking.”

Sora smiles. "Thanks. I hope you don't mind us leaving. We need to go and get new bed sheets, etc."

“No I don’t mind at all! I was actually heading out too.” She smiled, then went into her room. Grabbing her keys and her phone, she sighed. I’m getting tired of these small assignments...

Watching them leave, she sighed. Finally.
Putting her hands out, she chanted something softly. Her skin slowly changed color, horns rowing form her head. Two wings stretched out behind her.

Wearing a shirt black dress, a long til with a point at the end whipped around. She sighed. “That feels much-“ She blinked, seeing sora. “Uh Oh.”

He looks confused then smirks. "I didn't know you liked to play dress-up."

She blushed, her skin turning a deep purple. “I... uh... haha. It’s apart of my... job. Hehe. Yeah... I go to kids parties...” She looked at him, hoping he would believe her flimsy coverup story.

She sighs in relief, walking over and opening their window. “That was close.” Becoming invisible to other humans, she flew off in search for the girl she saw in her mind.

(You can do a little time skip or something if you’d like. I have to go walk my dogs.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back