• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Ancient Rome Here We Come

Mobius

Three Thousand Club
So I was doing research for a gladiator novel I'm writing and wound up going down an entire rabbit hole of Roman stuff. I somehow landed on reading about crucifixion practices and seen that on very rare occasions the sentenced person was let done from the cross/stake, effectively spared... and that, apparently, spurred the plotting side of my brain. I came up with a plot (about a half hour ago so not everything is thought out lol) that I would love to write with someone. I'll get to the plot first, just so you don't waste your time reading through to see if we're a good fit and wind up not liking the plot.

The plot. MC is a male slave in the Roman Empire. YC is his master's daughter (at least eighteen years old). He was always kind to the daughter whenever they crossed paths and overall he was a dedicated worker within the household. Something bad happens that he just so happens to be tied to (I'm thinking possibly unintentional on his part), and he's sentenced to be crucified. The scourging takes place and he's hung on a cross to die, but the master's daughter finds out and hurries to the scene. Unable to stand seeing him in such agony after he was nothing but kind to her whenever they interacted, she pleads with her father to have mercy on the slave. At first her father refuses, but she is a very convincing individual, and though he won't admit it her father is weak against his daughter's tears. He calls off the crucifixion and has the slave let down from the cross, giving ownership of him to his daughter since she fought so hard to have him spared.

The partner. I'm no stickler when it comes to RP partners, though I do ask that any potential partner have a good grasp on grammar, spelling, basically all the things that make a reply easy and pleasant to read. I'm not asking for a skilled novelist, but I do want to be able to easily read and understand any replies sent my way. I have no desired word count or anything like that. A reply a week would be awesome and frequent plotting would be even better! Oh, and obviously based on the plot, a partner who is up to playing the female mistress/domina to my male slave; however, I might be up to switching the gender roles, just so long as I play the slave. Face claims do not have to be time period appropriate, but I do ask for realistic fcs and not art/anime. Another oh! The details of the RP don't have to be like... stickler level accurate. So long as there isn't light bulbs, I'll be fine, haha.

The Mobius. A depressed writer who RPs for the serotonin. Haha, it's not that bad, but my mental health can sometimes make me take longer to reply than at other times. I try for at least a reply a week, and the shorter the replies the faster I can write them. That's not to say that I can't write longer posts— I can reach 1,000+ if my muse, mood, and the time I have available to write strikes. I've been RPing for at least ten years now and have been writing for much longer than that... since I was a little kid (and I'm 24 now)! I'll write in PMs or threads and I love to plot. I'd like to think I'm the queen of random plot ideas. Um... I'm so tired right now so I'm probably forgetting a lot of things that should be mentioned so feel free to ask any questions!

Does the plot sound interesting? Think we'll be a good fit? Reply here or shoot me a pm!

Very interested in this! I can rarely pass up a good Rome RP.

I might have found a couple, but man I’m obsessed with the idea of this plot and would love another since there’s lots of different ways to take it in!

saw you were still looking for a couple more people, but if you're no longer needing anyone else i'll see myself out,,,

I think I've found enough for a male slave, though I wouldn't be opposed to trying one with the roles flipped and the slave being female with the master having a son instead (I'd still prefer to play the slave).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back