• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Anchored for Love

Sitting on the bed Amelia continued to sip on her wine while Bel pulled out all her choices. "It depends on what kind of impression you want to make on him, and heels would be okay since he's extremely tall," Amelia replied looking at all the choices considered each one before she pointed to the blue wrap dress. "I like that one, it brings out your smile, but it's up to you, you pull them all off. But definitely the black heels."

"Hm, let's give this dress a try. Kinda really nervous," Sighing, Isabel decided to get ready, putting on the dress in the bathroom and when she came out, she pulled out her heels and put them on, smiling as she looked at herself in the mirror. "Damn, I'm popping," she teased with a laugh, sighing softly before she sat at the vanity and fixed her hair. "Why did I let you talk me into this again?" She asked Amelia, looking at her through the mirror. "What if I freeze?"

"I didn't talk you into anything, you just trust me too much, which is funny if you ask me, since at one point you were afraid to. You'll be fine, if you do, he'll just make fun of you and you being the smartass you are will make a witty comeback." Amelia replied finishing off her wine. "You'll have fun, just don't go too far and I expect you home by mindnight," she teased "Just be yourself, you're popping, remember?"

ISabel laughed softly as she nodded at her best friend and hugged her tightly after she got ready. "Well, then I'm heading out. Love you. Don't drink too much of my bottles," she said with a wink, walking out of the apartment and drove to the Pyramid completely nervous. When she got there she let the valet take her Audi and walked in, going to sit at a two seat booth by the bar and sighed softly as she waited for Dawson.

Shortly after Dawson followed in after Isabel. Now out of his uniform and dressed to fit the occasion. Dawson dressed in a gray colored suit paired with a light blue dress shirt and a shining pair of brindle dress shoes. Walking into the Pyramid, he linked his watch to his wrist while looking around for the woman who caught his attention earlier. It didn't take long for him to spot her because the color of her hair was different than anyone else's he walked past, it was one of the first things he noticed about her and he liked it. Walking up behind her he rested a hand on her shoulder, smiling gently when she looked over to him, he noticed how the gleam in her eye seemed to spark when she recognized it was him. He wasn't sure how to feel about that but something about it caught his attention, making him draw a sharp breath. Taking his seat across from her he gave her the same dashing smile he did when he first saw her. "I hope I look nice enough for you, it was short notice," he teased. "But you look nice."

Isabel smiled when she felt his hand rest on her shoulder. She looked over at him with a bright gleam in her eyes, smiling at how he was dressed. The grey colored suite with the light blue shirt really suited his skin tone and beautiful hazel eyes. Isabel smiled as she looked at him when he sat across from her, she met his gaze and sighed contently. "You look nice. I like the color combination. You did well," she said gently, her smile never fading. "Thank you. I'm glad you decided to come. What can I get you to drink?" She asked him curiously, wondering what exactly the pilot enjoyed. He looked so well in that suit and when the waitress came over to ask what they wanted. "I'll take a whiskey please."

"Thank you, I've been dressing myself for quite some time now, it's an squired skill that you have seemed to master yourself."with a laugh he turned to the waiter and politely ordered a jack and coke before he turned back to Bel. "I see you left the camera at home. Since it's your 'baby' what do you do? I'm not really familiar with a journalists job description I'm afraid, enlighten me."

Bel listened to the pilot, intrigued by his curiosity in her work. She smiled gently before she began to explain what exactly she did. "Well, I save the company I work for money. I do both investigative and photojournalism. I investigate stories and figure it out, like a detective and I'm also a photojournalist. Now, what do you think I do as a photojournalist?" She asked him curiously, expecting the basic answer of her just taking pictures. She always hated that but she was used to it by now.

"Welll aren't we a go-getter, working two positions instead of one and all I do fly a plane."with a playful glare he hunched his eyebrows at her question and tapped his fingers on the table. "I'm going to day you take photos but the way you hinted at the question tells me you're about to hand it to me. So I'll let you do it. What do you do photojournalist?" Dawson asked straightening himself up as he spoke to Bel. By then the waitress came back with their drinks. He thanked her politely and listened to what Isabel had to say intently, he didn't realize everything that a journalist did and she was changing his perspective of the press. She didn't seem to be a conniving person who only cared about getting published and that peaked his interest. "So if you work for Dallas, how do you know a journalist from The Washington Post?" He asked curiously remembering Amelia telling him where she worked. "How do you know each other?"

Last edited:
Isabel laughed softly at his question as she smiled gently. "I know that journalist because she's my best friend. She has been since high school." She explained happily, proud to be as close as she was with Amelia. "She's also the reason I've made it this far. She's never let me give up and that's what I needed," sipping on her whiskey, Isabel smiled at Dawson before she ordered some chips and salsa just to munch on with their drinks. "So, why do you fly, Six?" She asked him curiously, placing her elbows on the table before setting her face against her hands, curious to know his answer. "And please don't respond with an answer like you did earlier. That response made me want to cry, which is why I studdered, not because I found you a tad attractive."

Dawson laughed at Isabel and shook his head. "You're a horrible liar, you know? But that's okay, honesty is your policy." With a soft sigh he sipped his drink again, holding his drink with both hands. "I fly because my grandfather flew commercial and used to take me in his free time. As for the Navy, I always wanted to serve, it's the best of both dreams, that was cheesy," he said putting his hand over his mouth to hide his idiotic grin. "I started flying right out of high school so I've been doing it for awhile."

"Wow, very impressive," smiling Isabel held the glass of whiskey in both her hands before she thought about the Navy. "Enlighten me as to why you chose the Navy," she said softly, waiting to listen eagerly. He had no idea yet but Isabel would always have a deep passion for the Navy thanks to that being instilled in her at a young age by her grandfather. She was enjoying their talk before they were interrupted by a woman who knew Dawson. Isabel let them talk, smiling when the woman named Brenda introduced herself. "Are you Dawson's girlfriend?" The blonde asked curiously to which Isabel almost choked on her whiskey. "Oh no, just-" she thought about it for a second, not sure what to say. "Friends. Just friends." With a nod of the head received from the blonde, Brenda walked away and Isabel sighed softly, downing her entire whiskey after. When she finished she ordered another, looking at Dawson curiously when he took her new glass of whiskey. "What're ya doing?" She asked him softly, her accent slipping in the slightest way possible.

When Brenda walked over Dawson smiled, talking to her friendly. When Brenda turned to Bel and asked her who she was Dawson watched in anticipation to The journalist''s answer. Once Brenda walked away Dawson flashed his 'friend' another smile, unable to hold back his chuckled at her reaction towards the encounter. When she ordered another drink he grew nervous, he didn't want her drinking too much too fast because she had to drive home after this. Picking the drink towards him he looked to her when she asked him what he was doing. "I wouldn't be an honoarable man if I let you walk out of here a wasted woman. You need to slow down, Anes," Dawson said in concern ordering a round of waters and some bread with more chips and salsa. Once it was brought to them Dawson served Bel bread and butter and more chips. Handing it to her, he smiled. "I didn't picture you to be a hard drinker."

Isabel sighed softly. Dawson was right. She was going too fast but she was nervous. The journalist thought it was sweet of him, however, to ensure she wouldn't be wasted. The action that just occurred made Isabel more curious about the pilot in front of her. She smiled gently when he offered her the bread and chips, taking it and setting it in front of her. Drinking the water he offered her before she grinned at his statement. Setting her glass of water down, she shrugged. "I drink pretty much anything. Anything but beer that is," she said, making a face of disgust at the thought of beer. "I like the hard drinks but I prefer wine over everything. Especially some Rosato or Merlot."

Last edited:
"Whatta Texan," Dawson replied letting his own accent slip to amuse her. He was enjoying himself with her. When she looked to him, he sucked his teeth. "Fort Worth born and raised," he boasted in the expected Texas manner. "Did ya expect anything less, darlin'? I thought that's why ya picked me," his demeanor seemed to change now, he relaxed his shoulders and sat back into his seat. As Amelia expected one of them gave up their front, but it wasn't Bel.

Isabel was enjoying the bread and chips, just enjoying the environment they were in. She would always love the city of Dallas, or any city really. She was sipping on her water when she heard that accent slip. Dawson's accent and she couldn't help but chuckle after her glass down, looking to him with an amused smile. "I knew you were Texan. I could tell by how overly confident ya are in ya self." He let his front go and Bel was pleased. She wasn't going to cave so easily but she like Dawson like this. "Plus your name gives away that you're Southern. Mine, not so much," she added, her smile never fading as she crossed one leg over the other and leaned against the table.

"Oooo someone used their investigative skills to crack me. That's not fair. What's wrong with being confident? You were awfully confident you know me. You're not any different from me. Look, I my Texan confidence tells me your best friend isn't from here, so forgive me for exposing you to yourself. Does it hurt?" Dawson wasn't entirely sure why he let himself cave so early on but he could tell this was going well because of Isabel's amused expressions.

Isabel's amused laugh was one that could light up a room. She shook her head before she looked back at the pilot and smiled. "It doesn't hurt that much. Amelia isn't from around here, yes, but she is southern," she assured Dawson, sipping more of her water before she bit a piece of the bread. "Your confidence is amusing, honey. Keep going. Think ya got me all figured out?" She asked the pilot before her, baring an amused grin. She loved this. She loved how open and relaxed they were. It wasn't something she was expecting. She didn't think Dawson would be the first to cave.

"Oh you're far from figured out and I'm not sure I want to know everything," he challenged before he paid for their night out. Signing the receipt he slipped his wallet back into his back pocket. "But something tells me you're going to give me more time to figure it out because you like me." His assumption was him just being cocky and pulling her strings. He didn't know how she felt about him but they did have good chemistry and that was something Dawson found he lacked with other women. This night out with Isabel was refreshing and brought excitement to his life he didn't realize he was missing. "So are you going to give me more time to figure ya out?"

Isabel disliked that he paid for their bill before she had the chance to. She was the one who invited him and she didn't mind paying. She sighed contently as she eyed the pilot and smiled when he said she liked him. He was pulling her strings but Isabel was amused by the man before her. They had chemistry that Isabel noticed from the beginning and she nodded at his last question. "I suppose I can give ya some more time," with a smile, Isabel leaned back against her seat. "I'll let ya know one more thing about me. I will always try to pay the bill. Today you beat me to it."

"Oh hun, I'll always beat you to it," Dawson replied sweetly before he finished off his drink while they continued to talk and by the end of it he stood up and offered the journalist his hand. "I think you're safe to drive away but let me walk you out to be sure," he suggested with a wink. Leading her out, he follows her out to her car, his jaw dropping when he saw it. "I'm sorry, let's rewind, I believe you called me a show-off. "What does that make you?" Dawson asked pointing to the car and crossing his arms over his chest while he waited for a response.

Isabel smiled as she took his hand, walking out of the restaurant and bar with him. The night had been a good one and she really enjoyed herself. After leading way towards her car, Isabel laughed softly when her beautiful Audi was before them, looking at Dawson with a grin. "I'm not a show off, just an appreciator of Audi's," Winking Isabel unlocked the car and smiled at the pilot as she leaned against her dream car and met Dawson's gaze. "Thank you for tonight. I enjoyed it," she said softly. "Have fun at your second show tomorrow. Where do ya go next from here?" She asked, knowing they performed twice at whatever city they visited. His job was one that traveled around the entire country and Bel was always intrigued by that.

"We're heading to Jacksonville and then Seattle, but you're welcome, I enjoyed myself too. Was it better than the show?" He asked curiously, unfolding his arms. "Actually don't answer that since I know ya like me," with a wink he smiled at her. "Have a goodnight, Isabel. Drive safe and don't drink too much when you get home." He was about to turn away from her when he retracted his steps. "You should give me some of those shots from today, I have a place I want to hang them."

Isabel smiled as she nodded. "Goodnight, Dawson. Be safe when you're flying," she told him softly, sighing softly and watching him leave, pushing herself off her car until he made his way back over. She was curious as to why he made his way back over. She smiled at the pilot and what he said before she nodded. "Sure thing. I'll pick the ones I like most but you have to tell me where you plan on hanging them first," winking she leaned back against the car once more. "So, where do you plan on hanging them?" She asked, pulling out her phone to allow him to pick which ones he wanted. When he looked at her she laughed softly. "My canon is able to hook up to my phone through Bluetooth."

"Why are you so nosey?" He asked playfully before he looked to her confused when she handed him her phone and was perplexed to find her camera roll but also intrigued. "Well, aren't we fancy," handing her back the phone without picking his favorites. "You pick them, you're the photographer I trust your judgement better than my own." Looking into to her eyes he admired them for a moment before he stepped away again. "I'm not telling you where I'm hanging them, that's creepy." Saying goodnight again, the pilot walked off with his hands in his pockets while shaking his head but what Isabel didn't see was the smile plastered across his face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back