• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Anchored for Love

Isabel eyed the pilot and his stance before she pulled out her notepad and looked at him. "Well, to start off, you're a show off but you know how to fly," She remarked, getting out her pen before she started asking her questions. "Exactly how hard is it to maneuver into formation?" She began, acting nothing but professional and poised, trying not to blow her cover.

Dawson couldn't help but laugh. "I'm a show off?" He replied cockily. "Okay," he said complying to her suggestion. "Formation is muscle memory for all of us," He said waiting for her next question and when she stumbled Dawson couldn't hold back his chuckle. "I must say this stunt of yours is really impressive, I have to admit, staging a story to talk to me, I mean, and I think you have a good friend who is also impressive for backing you up, but the thing is, I know the press isn't here today, because there would be more of you, and I'm usually the first they talk to, because I may be number six, but you're right, I am a show off, because superior to all the other men standing here. So, Isabel, are you going to tell me what you were hoping to get out of this whole stunt?"

It took every fiber of Isabel's being to not stumble. His response was not one she was expecting. He stumped her and he noticed. That is what was worse. She swallowed the knot that formed in her stomach as she was able to keep her professional and poised composure. She couldn't let herself crack and hearing him say he was superior to the other men already set off bulbs as to what his rank in the Navy was. This wasn't good. Isabel felt the heat rising to her cheeks and she knew a blush had to have formed on them. She was getting nervous all of a sudden but she shook it off before she answered his question. "Well, if we're being honest, I may have found you a tad attractive and was hoping to maybe buy you a drink," She said simply with a shrug. "But Liam over there was rather sweet and not so, what's the word? Oh right, cocky."

"Is he? Well, I don't think you'll get very far, he's married and my pride is a little hurt that used the word 'tad' before attractive. I think your camera roll with tell me otherwise." Unfolding his arms he took the pad and pen from her hands and wrote down his number and handed it back to her. "I'll let you buy me a drink if you show me your shots, but I would hate to ruin your girls day, so call me after," Dawson suggested with a playful glare. "No pictures no drinks."

By now Isabel was becoming intrigued by the pilot. He was a show off and it seeped through his words. He was confident in himself and that's what intrigued Isabel so much. She looked at the pad as she rolled her tongue against her cheek. She couldn't show him her shots. Her shots consisted of nothing but him and his plane. Maybe a few were if the entire crew. She really wanted that drink with him and before she knew it, she removed her canon from her neck and handed the camera over. "If you drop it, you'll owe me a new one," She said, panicking we he acted as he did and sighing out of relief when she realized he was only playing. She watched him look through the shots, biting her lip as he did so. "Satisfied, Six?"

When Isabel actually handed over the camera Dawson was surprised, and when she did, he pretended to drop it only to mess with her as he scrolled through her shots he get a blank expression but in reality he was impressed with her work and it only made his day that he was right about her shots being mostly of him. Handing her prized possession back to her, he nodded. "I would be even more satisfied if you let go of my number and called me by my name since you went to get me drunk. Let me know when you want those drinks, Isabel. This interview has been lovely but I have to get.bsck to work. I hope you and Amelia enjoyed the show," he concluded with a wink before he walked off.

Isabel rolled her eyes as she watched the pilot wink at her, being the confident person he is. It was rather annoying but it would be a lie if she said she didn't enjoy it. "See ya, Dawson," She said, turning around to face her best friend and walked back over to her, her face completely red from the event that took place. "I got his number," She told her quickly with a laugh before she composed herself once more. "And he said yes to drinks, although, I'm not entirely sure if I'll ever send him that text," She explained, putting her canon back into her bag before she looked at the number and put it in her contacts, putting him under his number with a plane. The day was rather exciting to say the least.

"Since when did I get married?" Liam asked Dawson with a knowing grin, shaking his head with a laugh before he patted his shoulder. "You're lucky I like you enough to go after her. I wanted to do that myself. She's hot," He added before walking back to the gates, getting ready to do their meet and greet with their fans that came out to support.

"I'll text him for you," Amelia said as she walked off with Isabel arm in arm. "I'm proud of you, Bel. I know it took a lot for you to do that, but he looks like he's worth it, though he is full of himself, but I think it's just for show. You can beat it out of him. It's a Texan thing. I never really understood that. You can easily tell he's from here."

Dawson laughed at Liam. "I hate to burst your bubble but it wasn't you she was interested in, squirt, but nice try and she seems too out of your league."

Isabel laughed at what she heard Amelia say, sighing contently as they walked to the car. "He reeks Texan. He is way too proud of what he does to not be from here," She confirmed with Amelia, continuing to walk towards the car since the show was now over. "I refuse to go out for drinks when you're here. It can wait," She added, unlocking her car when they made it and got in, groaning when her stomach growled. "I'm so hungry. Can we get Whataburger now?" Isabel asked her best friend sweetly and puppy dog eyes.

"Out of my league? Never. They're never out of my league," Liam responded with a wink. "I assume she was interested in you but then again when aren't they?" He added, grinning knowing he was right. All the girls were interested in Dawson and it was surprising the pilot talked to the photojournalist for as long as he did.

Last edited:
"Oh no, you are not pulling that, you're going, tomorrow. I can wait." Amelia said with a nod to her best friend's suggestion. "Yes we can, but not until you text him first." Eyeing the phone and Isabel Amelia waited for the Texan to comply. "Those Navy men are busy, you don't want to keep him waiting. He's so cocky he might not be able to wait."

Isabel sighed as she looked to her best friend then down to her phone, grabbing it and shaking her head as she opened a new thread. She didn't know what to say and settled for a simple and subtle text.

"Looking forward to those drinks. Meet me at the Pyramid? Dress nice."

After sending the text and sighing, Isabel put her phone away and looked at Amelia. "Happy?" She asked her before pulling out of the base and to the closest Whataburger in sight. When they arrived, Isabel ordered her usual BBQ chicken sandwich meal then sat down at a booth, smiling at Amelia. "I suggested we go to the Pyramid. Kinda nervous because it's fine dining and I know he'll dress nice," she explained with a shy laugh.

"Elated," Amelia replied with a victorious laugh. Sitting with Bel, Amelia couldn't help but become amused at the sudden glow that was casted across Isabel's face. "Let's be honest, Bel, you invited him there because you want to know what he'll look like in formal dress, you can fool many people but I am not one of them, nice try though." At her bashful glare, Amelia laughed again. "You'll be fine, the two of you can bask in your Texan roots until one of you caves and surrenders their front and I know it isn't going to be him but don't let his uniform get to your head. If he's anything less than classy I'll kick his ass myself."

Isabel laughed at what her best friend stated, sighing softly as she bit her lip. "I know, I know. He seems like a really nice guy. I think it would be fun to get to know him and as for what you said, you're right. I purposely chose the Pyramid because I want to see how well this pilot can dress," she said with a smile, shrugging her shoulder before she laughed. "Enough about this, I'm so glad you're here. I really have missed you and our assignments have been kicking our butts lately but I still love what I do."

"You better, you worked hard to get where you are, but you're right, work has been wearing me down," Amelia admitted with a defeated sigh. "I haven't really made time for anything else, I apologize, I missed you too." The look on Amelia's face was nothing but apologetic. "Hopefully it all works out in my favor." She was obviously hinting that she was up to something. "A correspondent position opened and I'm trying to take it." Amelia was working towards this for awhile now, that's why she was taking more international assignments to build up her international game. She just turned in her application before she left for Turkey and she hadn't told anyone yet because she was afraid she might not get it and of course she wanted to tell Bel first and she wanted to do it face to face to see her reaction for herself. Things were moving fast for her, which Amelia never expected but they were moving in the direction she always hoped they would. Hopefully, her superiors saw her drive and ambition and gave her the opportunity of her lifetime. If she got this job she would become an international correspondent for the Washinton Post and that would open all her doors for opportunities.

"Oh, best friend that's so exciting! I'm so proud of you!" Isabel said with nothing but pure and utter happiness evident in her expression. She knew now why Amelia had been taking more international assignments. She was so proud of Amelia and how well things were working in her favor. Isabel drank some of her sweet tea, looking at Amelia before speaking once more. "I just know your higher ups will see your drive. You deserve that spot and I'm hoping you get it," she added, taking her best friend into a tight hug from across the table before she sat back down. "So this is what you've been up to. I've been wondering why you picked up more international assignments. I should've known," laughing Isabel sighed contently. "Life seems to be going rather well, doesn't it?"

"Hopefully it stays that way, I work too hard for it not to but I'm glad you're happy in Dallas. It seems to fit you well. I should go home to Florida soon. The beach would be nice right about now, I miss it." Lately Amelia was being her typical self and getting herself involved in too many things at once and it overwhelmed her, only adding to her stress. That's why she took this weekend off to spend with Bel.

"Ooo, we should both go to Florida soon. I could use a soak in the sun on a real beach," the photojournalist said with a grin, happily biting into her chicken sandwich when it was brought out. She was starving and happy to be eating Whataburger even if it would make her sick tonight. As the two enjoyed their food, when they arrived back to Isabel's apartment, Isabel laid down on the couch with a yawn. "I haven't received a text back. Guess the drinks are off tomorrow," she teased, yawning as she watched Amelia go to her kitchen. "Whatcha looking for?" She called out before closing her eyes.

"Oh shush, don't be so impatient, he's a working man," Amelia called back as she went into the kitchen for a water and joining Bel on the couch but soon ran for her work bag when she heard her editor's ringtone. She hoped this wasn't an assignment but answered it anyway, her uncertain expression soon turned white with shock. Picking up a pillow she threw it in Bel's direction to wake her from her almost nap. When she sat up and looked to Amelia curiously, Amelia put the phone on speaker. Her editor was calling about the job she applied for.

"I know it's your well deserved weekend off, but I thought you might want to hear about who the Excutive Editor chose as our newest correspondent."

"Do I?" Amelia asked Jeff with a nervous laugh.

"I'm going to miss you in investigation, Amelia, you've been transferred to the correspondent department at the start of the new year. Alice will call you with a list of countries we need coverage in. Congrats, Amelia, you should consider this a great honor, you went up against some impressive competition but we know you'll do great things."

Amelia didn't know what to say at this point, she had forgotten how to breathe as she tried her hardest not to cry, but somehow managed to find her voice to thank Jeff and end the call.

When Isabel felt the pillow hit her, she groaned as she woke from her almost nap and sat up, rubbing her eyes as she looked at the giddy Amelia. It was an interesting sight to see but when she heard the news, Isabel gasped when she hung up and ran over to her quickly, taking her into a big and tight hug. "I had no doubt you would get it! Oh my gosh, Amelia. This is so exciting! How do you feel, international correspondent for The Post?" She asked in a playful tone, hugging her again with a smile that wouldn't fade. "I am so proud of you, Amelia."

When Amelia hug up the phone she his hid her face in her hands, squeaking when she felt Bel wrap her arms around her. When she showed her face again it was obvious she was crying. This was her biggest dream for awhile besides what her and Bel were working towards when she looked to Bel she laughed. "I don't know how to feel," she said catching her breathe while she tried her best to compose herself. "How am I supposed to feel?" She asked shaking her nerves by shaking her arms. She couldn't believe this was happening. She was prepared to get rejected.

Bel laughed at her best friend gently before she sighed softly and looked at her best friend with a bright expression. "You should feel happy and honored. Amelia, this is a huge deal and I knew they would give you this spot. You work hard and they admire the work you've done. You've made it, love. Cherish the moment!" She said happily, hugging her tightly once more. "This calls for a celebration! Let's pop open a bottle!"

Amelia just nodded, trying to wrap her head around what just happened. "Okay," she whispered as she cupped her face with her hands as she watched Bel jump around excitedly. She was glad that all her work paid off and she could take a breathe now and right then,Bel's phone went off. It was Dawson reply to her text.

"Yes ma'am. I'll see you there. Leave the camera at home."

Bel smiled at her best friend and took a picture of the excited Amelia, smiling before she posted it on Snapchat. "Someone's a little happy," was all she captioned it before she smiled at the text she received from Dawson and grinned.

"That's my baby though." She responded with a laugh, sighing contently before she looked back at Amelia with a bright expression thanks to Dawson. "Not ready to go for those drinks. Nervous as heck," she told her before biting her lip and standing to stretch.

"Stopppppp!" Amelia protested at Isabel's snap but her expression was quick to brighten. "He texted you back?!" She asked giddily and smiled at her nod. "Something new for the both of us, this should be fun," Sipping her wine Bel set in front of he she smiled when her sister texted her to ask what Bel's snap was about. She knew her sister was not going to be fond of this new position but knew she would support it so she texted her back promptly telling her the news. "What are you going to wear?" Amelia asked turning her attention back to her best friend.

Isabel laughed nervously at what Amelia said before she shrugged. "That's a good question. I don't know what I'm going to wear," she explained, sipping on her wine before taking Amelia's hand and lead her to her room. "Let's explore my closet," she suggested, looking through all the different dresses. "Let's wear a dress tonight. Now what style? Tight and sexy or elegant?" Laughing Isabel pulled out about five dresses to chose from. "I should wear heels too."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back