• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Anchored for Love

"Inviting him won't hurt anything Bel, you mean a lot to each other," Amelia reminded her cleaning up her mess before she slouched back into the couch. "I'm not going to be surprised when you show up with one of them at my door. I expect it. But I do have to agree that a few of them are handsome. It makes the show even better," Amelia confessed with a light hearted giggle. "I missed you."

Isabel smiled gently at Amelia, finished off her food before she cleaned up and slouched against the couch as well, yawning. "I miss you more," She said softly, grabbing a blanket and putting it iver them as she sent Rene the invitation text and played movies for her and Amelia. "Rainy days in Dallas make me happy. Just hope it doesn't rain tomorrow because then the airshow will get cancelled," She explained with a sigh, looking at the future forecast. She was relieved to see there was no chance of rain tomorrow. That was a great thing and soon, Isabel fell asleep from exhaustion and laziness.

The next morning Amelia groaned as the sun leaked through the window but smiled when she remembered where she was. Today was going to be an exciting day and Amelia wa ready to enjoy the day after the long hours she had been putting in. Yawning she looked over to Abel who was shaking her head st her. "What's up early riser? Are you ready to go look at your favorite kind of man candy?" She asked with a giggle.

Isabel had woken up a couple hours before Amelia. It was a force of habit and she went for a morning jog to feel refreshed. When she got back, she waited for Amelia to wake up and laughed at what she said with a shake of her head. "I'm very ready but I go for the show, best friend. The sound of the F-18, not the pilots," She said with a wink, getting up to go get dressed. She decided on some blue jean shorts that had become foreign to her due to work, along with a pretty maroon floral blouse and her sandals. She was tired of dressing up for once and wanted to be comfortable for the event. When she finished, she straightened her medium length hair and walked back out to the living room satisfied. "Well, I'm ready," She said with a laugh.

"I go for the show, best friend," Amelia mocked getting up from the couch to get dressed herself. "That's why you straightened your hair," Amelia commented with another laugh. Getting dressed herself, she picked out the navy blue romped and the matching flats and pulled her hair into a ponytail because she let it grow past the length she preferred. When she was ready she walked back out. "Now we're ready, I need coffee. Did you find out if Rene is coming?" Amelia asked hopeful, she wanted to see him, it had been awhile and Amelia always adored him.

"Let's go to our favorite cafe then before he head to the base," Isabel said happily as she grabbed her purse and keys, sighing at the mention of Rene. "I invited him, and was very hopeful he would come, but he has a major project due and per usual, no one in his group has done anything," She said with a laugh, remembering those days and not missing them. "So, cafe then base. Let's go," The photojournalist said, grabbing Amelia's hand before she lead her out of the apartment and to her car. Isabel was finally able to get her dream car, the Audi R8 in black and she adored the car with every fiber of her being. After getting in, Isabel drove to their cafe spot and got out, sitting at a table after ordering herself some coffee and a breakfast sandwich.

Amelia ordered a fruit bowl to go with her warm cup of coffee. "It's so cute here I love it," Amelia chirped as their breakfast was brought to them soon after. She was excited for watermelon but picked out all the cantaloupe in disgust, passing it off to Bel. "That's disgusting, you're welcome, I think I'm gonna get banana bread for the road,"

Isabel laughed when her best friend passed all the cantaloupe in her direction, eating it happily. "I will never understand why you dislike cantaloupe," She said with a shrug of her shoulder, drinking her coffee happily while eating her breakfast. When she finished, she let Amelia get her banana bread and soon the two were headed to the base. After she parked and got out, Isabel let out a content sigh, watching as a plane took flight for the show. The Blue Angels did their show around 3 o'clock, but Isabel loved the environment and watching the other shows. She loved the Pearl Harbor reinactment they always performed and after making it through the security gates, she looked at Amelia with a bright smile. "Welcome to the airshow. I'm so excited!"

"I can see that, but I'm excited too. I always wanted to come with you." Taking in the scenery Amelia looked out into the blue sky and it's admired it's fluorescent beauty, taking a picture of it, before she turned to Bel and took a picture of her taking a picture of the same view Amelia noticed. She thought the vantage point was cute so she decided to post it. "Spotted: My favorite journalist takes on the Blue Angels! The view is amazing. "

After taking a picture of the sky and all its beauty, Isabel looked over at Amelia when she got the notification on her phone she posted something. She laughed as she shook her head and looked at it, liking the photo before she took one of Amelia for her snapchatters. "Air show with this journalist? I think yes!" She captioned it before she took Amelia's hand. "Alright, so I always get the VIP spots because they're in the middle and the best place to sit. We don't have to sit yet but we can go walk down this lovely strip to see the different vendors, maybe buy a shirt," She explained with a smile, spotting the first group of pilots they would see today. "They're cute. It's a shame they're in the Marines," Bel said with a fake sigh and laughed at Amelia who was now shaking her head. "What?"

"You're so bias towards these nice men," Amelia teased. "And you always go all out for me and I have to pretend like I don't like it because journalists are humble." Amelia commented as she watched the pilots linger. They did look nice in those uniforms. "None of them are your type anyway."

"Oh really? How can you tell?" Bel asked her best friend as they walked down the entire strip together. She was going to enjoy the day and when they hit the Icee booth, Isabel had to stop and make herself one. "Want one?" She asked her with a laugh, smiling happily. Both journalists needed this weekend to just unwind from the business of their careers. They never complained, because they loved what they did, but some time away was always nice. After paying for her creation, she sipped it happily. "Any other good looking group of pilots?" She asked quietly with a laugh before she put on her sunglasses and put her actual glasses in her bag.

"Because I've known you long enough to know your type?" Amelia replied wrinkling her nose on disgust at Bel's offer to make an icee. "I'll pass," as they continued to walk. "Not that I can see, but we haven't seen them all yet, why? I thought we came for the show, not the men. Remember, that's what you told me." Amelia teased enjoying their friendly banter before Amelia watched Bel take out her camera from her bag and Amelia couldn't help but roll her eyes playfully while her best friend started taking shots of the men that made their way onto the strip. Amelia watched curiously and noticed one of them noticed she was taking pictures, smiling at her, making Amelia burst out laughing. "You've been spotted love." Amelia said looking over to the man who noticed the journalists.

Isabel smiled as she continued to slurp on her icee, admiring everything the environment had to offer. Taking out her camera from her bag, she smiled as she began to take pictures of the enviornment. She started by taking one of Amelia and laughed at the face she made. "I am here for the show and not the men. The men are just a bonus," Winking Isabel continued to take pictures and soon her camera face a group of pilots making way to the strip. She wasn't paying much attention to their uniforms but when she heard what Amelia said, she put her camera down and bit her lip as she realized just what group of men they were. She looked over at Amelia as her face turned a bright red. "I have been and now I'm nervous. His uniform, oh lord, why do I always get spotted?" She asked with a nervous laugh as she refused to turn and look at the group of pilots again. "Is he still looking?" She asked quickly.

"Because you're horrible at being discrete," Amelia replied with a laugh when her best friend turned around and hid her face in Amelia's shoulder. The pilot was curiously onlooking the girls, waving with his charming smile.Notcing Amelia laughed again and waved back. "He's waving at you," Amelia said in an amused tone. Her amusement turning to embarrassment when she watched the pilot made his way over. "You're in trouble now." Amelia said pushing Isabel off of her, keeping an eye on the man that was approaching then. "Can I help you ladies?" The pilot asked politely, knowing he put them on the spot.

When Isabel was pushed off of Amelia, she knew something was up and just by what she heard her best friend say, Isabel bit her lip and cursed in her head. He was walking over and this definitely was not what she needed. She sat up straight and eyed the pilot who caused Isabel to blush once more when he stood before them. He had the most captivating hazel eyes and Isabel was going to speak but stopped herself when she knew she was going to stutter. She cleared her throat and somehow was able to put on a game face, smiling innocently at the male before she reached into her bag and pulled out her press pass. "Isabel Anes, Dallas Morning News. I hope you don't mind the pictures I shot for my article," She began rather professionally. "I was going to make my way over to you and the rest of the pilots after the show for an interview. If you don't mind I would like to interview you personally, number 6," She added, spotting his plane number on his uniform. "I'll ask just a few questions regarding your dynamics of the show, considering yours and number 5 are the most strenuous."

Amelia just stood there with her arms crossed watching the encounter transpire. When the pilot nodded and turned to Amelia, he was obviously not completely convinced. Pulling out her own press pass she smiled up at the man who seemed to be a charmer. "Amelia Carson, The Washington post,"

By this time Dawson's arms were crossed, he was still weary of these women who he learned now to be journalists. "You don't have a camera," he said observantly, thinking he caught the women in their fabricated lie. Amelia just laughed. "Don't flatter yourself number six, I'm not a photojournalist, we are freelancing this story, and I am the the reporter, Isabel's questions are for her captions, mine are for the piece, we really are looking forward to the show."

Isabel was impressed with Amelia's help in this. The duo could do anything together and as the pilot was still unsure, Isabel said something she knew he would object to. Any pilot would. "If this is a bother for you I can go ask number five questions for my captions." She said with a playful smile, looking towards the other pilots who were conversing with the crowd. When she looked back at the pilot before her, her smile never faded. When he was getting called back for warmup, Isabel waved. "Have a great show, number six." She said innocently.

"I'll be back ladies, but the name's Dawson," he replied with a smile before he walked back to the other pilots to get ready for the show.When he was out of earshot Amelia started laughing again. "Smooth move, Bel," Giving her a high five she almost fell into her from a laughing fit. "I hate you for making me pick up an assignment to cover your ass. You're a horrible liar you know? But nice try."

When Dawson was far out of earshot, Isabel joined her best friend in a laughing fit, sighing softly as she regained her composure and shook her head. "What was smooth was you backing me up," With a smile Isabel sighed softly and shook her head again. "He has really pretty eyes, that's for sure. His name's kinda cute too," With that remark, Bel pulled out her camera once again and took pictures of the Peral Harbor reinactment then became excited as Fat Albert made his way into the sky to alert the fans the Blue Angel's would be flying right after. The show was one Isabel would always love to watch. Nothing ever reall changed but she loved that sound.

"He's your type," Amelia said sheepishly before she tucked her press pass back into her purse. And pulled out her notebook and a pen, pulling her hair behind her ear. As she jotted down some questions to ask Dawson after the show. She didn't want to seek I'll prepared because then he would know this whole thing was bogus. As the show began, Amelia watched in amazement. "He can fly, that's for sure. He's a show off."

Isabel laughed softly as she watched the show in pure amazement. She loved these airshows and she caught herself watching number six more than any other pilot up in the sky. She took pictures of the hard maneuvers and was sure to get just how strenuous those maneuvers were. When the show was coming to an end, Isabel quickly jotted down some questions, smiling as she was able to come up with them on the spot. She then looked at Amelia and grinned. "He is not my type for one and yes, he was being a show off. It happens when you're the last two planes. They don't have to stick in formation like the other four," She said with a vibrant smile, showing her a picture she got of Dawson getting in the plane, giving out the typical "hang loose" sign with his hand. "Pretty damn good picture, huh?"

"He's not your type? That's why you're blushing and take so much pride in these pictures," Amelia pointed out nonchalantly. As the planes made their way back out into the strip. "If you don't get dinner out of this, I'm quitting my job," Amelia said adamantly standing up and putting on her pressional game face, swaying confidently in the wind as she made her way to meet Dawson. "That was a great show, pilot." Amelia said friendly clicking her pen to get to work.

Isabel laughed at everything Amelia said, shaking her head with a smile as she tried to get her professional game face on once more. When she made her way over, she was waiting for her turn to ask Dawson questions, sighing mentally as she did so. What she wasn't expecting was for number five to introduce himself and start up a conversation. It was a nice distraction until she was pulled away to talk to Dawson. "That was a great show, number six," She teased, purposely not saying his name. "Ready for my questions?"

"I don't know, Amelia wore me out," Dawson teased, "What do you want to know, Isabel?" Dawson asked, holding his stance and crossing his arms to stand against his plane. Giving her his eye contact, waiting for her to ask her questions, wondering what she would ask. He knew Amelia and Bel were up to something because their was no other press members sectioned off for the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back