• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Anchored for Love

isax

Ten Thousand Club
Life seemed as though it just begun for Isabel. She was able to obtain her Bachelor's degree in journalism, just like she hoped for in high school. She was now working for the Dallas Morning News and she owed her success to her family and her closest friends, especially Amelia. This was where Isabel's life began and she couldn't have been any more grateful then what she was now. It had been three years since Isabel began her life and now the twenty-six-year-old was enjoying her small start in the journalism world as both an investigative journalist and photojournalist. Life was going very well for her, and there was not a day where she woke up and hated her career. This was what she worked hard for and now that she obtained it seemed to be a dream.

Isabel was at her studio layout apartment in Dallas, enjoying her one day off for the week. She was exhausted since she just got back from an assignment in London. She sighed as she grabbed a glass of wine and sat on her couch, opening her Apple laptop as she began downloading all the files she needed to complete this story. She was so tired it was hard to stay awake but when she heard that FaceTime ring, she perked up excitedly and answered it, smiling at her best friend happily before sipping her wine. "Hey there, stranger! How's it going up in D.C.?" She asked Amelia excitedly before she got her phone and texted Rene, letting him know she was back from her assignment. The world seemed to be treating the two journalist right and Isabel enjoyed it.

-

Lexus Lexus

It was no surprise to anyone who knew Amelia besides herself that she ended up exactly where she wanted to be from the start. She had been working in D.C. for four years now since her internship with The Post offered her a full-time position. She didn't have much free time since she took every assignment she was offered and since proved herself and her reputation just like she aspired to every since she started her four years in her small southern college that blessed her with all the means she needed to make the career she only ever dreamed of. The free time she did have, she spent in between her family in Florida and visiting Bel in Dallas. Somehow, she managed to maintain a balance and was the happiest she had been in awhile.

She arrived home in D.C. from an assignment in Turkey and sat on the floor in her apartment to stretch after the long flight. She decided to call Bel to check up on her. They had both been out of the country and she wanted her to know she made it home okay. "Well, considering I just got back, I couldn't tell you how D.C. is besides cold," Amelia said with a laugh. "How was London?"

"London was everyone thinks it is. The queen and tea." Isabel told her best friend with a laugh before she sipped on some more wine. "Great wine, that's for sure. I brought a couple bottles home," she added with a grin before she laughed at the look she received from her. "The assignment wasn't as bad as I thought. The queen was really sweet," she added as she yawned. "How was Turkey? Did you eat any while you were there?" She asked, laughing a little too hard at her own joke. This was a typical conversation between the two. Isabel always loved to make jokes about the destinations they went to for their assignments. Isabel really enjoyed London but she was glad to be back home. She needed a day to just relax.

"Haha, you're so punny," Amelia replied with a smirk. "It was peaceful, they also have great wine and the people are friendly, but it is good to be home, where there is more to keep me hydrated then wine. But I didn't call to talk about work, I called to confirm our plans for next week," she said with a smile. "I don't need to cancel them do I?" Amelia asked with raised eyebrows. She knew the life of a journalist because she was one and she knew assignments would get offered at any time and they were at will to take them if they wanted to make it as far as they did in the journalistic world. As always, Amelia was excited to be reunited with Bel like it was their first, but she still knew better than to get her hopes up.

Last edited:
"Ah, this weekend. What's the dates again?" Bel asked nervously, hoping she didn't ruin yet another plan with her best friend. She pulled up her phone and her work planner and looked over the dates quickly before smiling. "Okay, we're still on. Just had to make sure," she told her with a content sigh before she finished her glass of wine. "Oh, I also deposited four hundred from my pay check this week into our account. We're almost there, best friend and I'm so excited!" She said enthusiastically, yawning from exhaustion before she set the laptop on her coffee table and laid out on the couch, wrapped in a blanket. "I hope I actually get to relax tomorrow although I need to clean this apartment," she said with another laugh.

"We're in the same boat, best friend. I won't get decent sleep for awhile because of the difference in time zones. Oh well. Nothing new there, and thanks for reminding me! I have an entire bonus that needs to me be transferred. I'll be sure to do that later," Amelia replied happily. "But I'll let you go so you can sleep, see you this weekend! I'll be sure to supply the Turkish wine as promised," Amelia concluded with a wink before she hung up the phone and went to try and start to piece together a storyboard for her latest project, she needed to get this done before the given deadline so she could go to Dallas without any responsibilities with weekend. By the time she looked up at the clock again it was two hours later and she was starving. Standing up and stretching she decided to walk around the city to get some fresh air and pick up some food from any place that looked appealing, though she was leaning towards the late night food trucks because they had the best tasting food and after a week of eating light, she was craving an American portion size with a heavy amount of calories to replenish her energy. Slipping back into her heeled flats, she grabbed her coat and tied the strings around her waist, picking up her purse as she headed for the door and into D.C.'s nightlife. This is where she wanted to be and it was worth every obstacle it took to get here, Deciding on wings, she picked some up from her favorite food truck. It had been a long day to say the least, but these were the days she learned to appreciate the most. By the time she returned to her door, she laughed as her neighbor was leaving for his night shift. "Stay safe out there Officer Wells," Amelia commented with a respectful nod, reaching for her keys to get back inside. Ever since she moved here Nick proved to be a good friend who offered Amelia a lot of humor when she needed it.

Nick had been working here on the force since he was able to. Being in DC was a dream for him since he was younger. Being able to be here was a great feeling for him. He enjoyed the community and loved the atmosphere of the city. He loved that he and his best friend, Jayden, worked together on the force to protect the community. When he was leaving his house, he smiled as he saw Amelia walk in, waving at her as he was walking down the steps. "Thanks, Amelia. You should stop by the force sometime. I know they wouldn't mind having you," he said before he got into his car and drove off. The night shifts were always Nick's favorite and when he got there, he patted Jayden's back with a yawn. "They have you working nights too?"

"Are you implying that I shouldn't work nights, Wells?" Jayden asked teasingly before he turned around to look at his friend. "You called in late, did you find yourself a hot date? Please tell me you did, you're turning gray there, champ. An honest man like you needs a lady," Jayden said finishing his burrito at his desk.

Nick rolled his eyes at his friend who was sitting and eating his burrito. "No, I haven't found myself a hot date but you sure need to," Nick said with a knowing grin before he walked to get a cup of coffee and yawned again. "I called in late because Julie was here today. A surprise visit from my sister is never pleasant," He added with a nervous laugh. "Any specific duty for me today, Acciolli?" Wells questioned before he sat down and kicked back.

Jayden eyes his friend who propped his feet up on his desk and slid them off. "I'm not your babysitter, Wells. You hear a call you take it. You better get on it before Chirf gets on you. I already took two disturbances in your absence. This is my thirty minutes of peace, and don't be so mean to your sister, she's the better sibling out of the both of you." Stuffing the last bit of burrito in his mouth Jayden crumbled up the wrapper and threw it at Nick's chest before he hears a suspicious person get called in. "Duty calls, Wells, let's go."

Nick sighed softly as he listened to Jayden scold him as though he was a child. Just because Jayden was a higher rank than Nick didn't mean Jayden could talk to him the way he did but that's how they both spoke to each other when at the police station. When the call was heard, Nick stood up and fixed his belt, nodding as he followed after Jayden. "And as always, there's never any sleep during the night in DC," He said with a laugh, getting into a police car with Jayden as he turned on the radio while Jayden drove.

"If you wanted sleep you should have taken the day shift," Jayden said simply before he drove to the location of the patrol who was trying to apprehend the suspect. Stepping out of his car, Jayden observed the situation before he followed behind the officer who was calling commands to the suspicious man. "I got your six!" He called resting his hand on his taser in case he needed to pull it.

Nick followed out after Jayden, watching the suspicious man closely, ready to call in back up if needed. He rested his hand on his halter where the taser was, watching as the man slowly began to oblige to the other officers comands. When he laid down on the floor, Nick moved his hand and let out a sigh, looking at Jayden as the other officer handcuffed the man and handled everything. "It's a Saturday night, I can already tell tonight is going to be a long one," He remarked with a shrug of his shoulders.

Amelia spent the remainder of the week trying to fix her sleep schedule but now she was excited to be on her way to Dallas. Texting Bel when she boarded, Amelia took a picture from her window seat for her Snapchat ascetic. She wasn't one for sleep on a plane so she spent the near three hours on her laptop going through all her raw footage and reorganizing. When she finally arrived she sighed at the light patter of rain on the tarmack. Walking off the plane, she carried her purse on her arm and pulled out her phone to let Bel know she arrived.

Isabel had spent the remainder of her week cleaning everything in her apartment that needed cleaning. She was excited to be able to spend the weekend with Amelia and when she received the text stating the journalist arrived, Isabel was quick to respond back, standing on her porch as she noticed the light drops of rain. "Welcome back to Dallas! Do I need to pick you up or have you finally mastered driving in Dallas traffic?" She responded back with a laugh, going back inside to grab her canon and a glass of wine, sitting out on the porch and took pictures of the beautiful skyline view she got. She adored this view and she always took pictures for her Dallas aesthetic journal. Bel had a journal for literally everything and she was quick to post a picture on Snapchat of the rain and skyline, featuring her glass of wine, with the caption, "Adoring the rain but anticipating Lexus's arrival❤️"

"You know, it's not very nice to make your guest drive in Dallas rush hour," Amelia replied standing before the porch, letting the rain dapple her hair, pulling the bottle of wine out of her purse that she promised. "And you started drinking without me, did you really want me to come? I already feel neglected," Amelia said making her way to the steps and walked into the safety of the dry porch. "Hi Bel," The bright smile on Amelia's face proved she was only kidding.

When Isabel heard Amelia's voice, she looked down from the porch and smiled a bright smile, standing up quickly before she set her canon and glass of wine down, running to hug her tightly. "Hi Melia!" She exclaimed happily, letting her into the apartment and smiled as she grabbed the bottle of wine. "Oooo a Cabernet. This will be a fun," she stated, putting the bottle on the counter before she sighed softly. "I'm so glad you're here! What're we going to do this weekend? Hit the mall? Go to the art museum?"

"We can start by opening that bottle and getting Chiniese food, in starving," Amelia exclaimed with a laugh, throwing herself into the couch. "I see you manage to clean up in between your naps, I'm proud of you." Amelia said with a content sigh hugging a pillow against her chest

Isabel rolled her eyes at her statement referring cleaning before she walked over to the counter and popped open the bottle before calling in an order at their favorite Chinese takeout. When their food arrived, Bel made sure to tip the delivery person before she pulled out the boxes and set them on the coffee table in front of them. She served them another glass of wine and released a content sigh. "We're getting Whataburger tomorrow," Isabel teased before she began to dig in. "So, have you found a man worth your time yet?" She asked her best friend with a grin, knowing what her answer would be but Isabel would always be hopeful. "What about that one officer, your neighbor. What's his name again? Oh right, Nick!"

"Tomorrow? Who are you kidding? We'll get it later,". Amelia replied happily eating her sweet and sour chicken, settingfown her fork at Bel's suggestion. "You're so determined," rolling her eyes she sipped her wine "Nick is just a neighbor. I never understood why you were so set on making me an officer's wife. Leave Nick out of this, I don't see you holding a man on your arm."

Bel gasped as if she was offended, looking at her best friend before she laughed. "Well, no man has shown me he is worth my time but I'm sure Nick would be willing to give you his time," she said with a wink, laughing before she sipped her wine once again then continued eating her seasame chicken. "Or you can tell Nick to hook you up with one of his Officer friends," she suggested with a laugh, turning in the tv only to hear about the airshow coming. "Oooo, let's go!" She suggested to Amelia, smiling happily.

"Amelia happily obliged to Bel's suggestion. "I don't have any objection to going," she replied with a smile topping off her glass. Amelia was content with being here, spending her time with someone she cared a lot about and let her be herself after the long couple of weeks they both endured. "How is everyone at home?" Amelia asked referring to Isabel's family. "You haven't mentioned them in awhile which isn't like you."

Isabel took a deep breath when her best friend asked about her family back in South Texas. She hadn't spoken about them because there wasn't much to say. "Um, mom and dad are doing good. They moved out to Victoria to live in the country and I'm happy for them. My sister is still my sister except she's moving to Alabama with my niece," She explained, biting her lip at the thought. "Rene is doing well in college, just struggling to keep a balance," She added with a shrug of her shoulders. "Overall, they're doing alright." She said with a bright smile. She was proud of Rene and how far he came. "How's mom and your sister?"

Amelia's expression brightened at all she was told, nodding as she listened intently. "I see, I know balance can be hard, but you'll find your way, it can take awhile, but they understand. You just have to make time, like how I always have for you. You should ask Rene if he wants to come with us to the airshow. That used to be one of y'all's things and I'm sure he has a lot to talk your ear off about. College is where our world's began. We can only hope he doesn't go too crazy though. Setting down her glass, Amelia placed her hands on her thighs and played with her hair at the mention of her mom and sister, sighing dramatically. "Nothing with my mom has changed, unfortunately, but she does the best she can and I've been helping, of course and my sister, she's making off nicely. I think James is going to propose to her soon. I think it's cute, he takes good care of her and Adison. She's so precious and getting so big. I can't believe she just turned three."

"I can't believe that either but she is precious. I love seeing your sister post pictures of her," Bel said with a gentle smile as she continued to eat her Chinese food. "I should invite Rene, I just don't know if he'll be able to make it." She said with a sigh. He was attending his dream school in Louisiana, just like he promised he would to Bel's father when he was only in middle school. LSU was Rene's school, his home, and Isabel was happy he found it. "I can't wait to go tomorrow. Seeing all the pilots is my favorite part because some of them are yummy," She explained with a laugh, sighing contently while pouring herself another glass of wine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back