• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Anchored for Love

Listening to everything Dawson said, Isabel couldn’t help but roll her eyes, trying to get Sicily to turn around and not listen to Dawson but knew that was a long shot. “I won’t fall. I know what I’m doing. I can take care of myself.” She said sternly before the prized horse obeyed Dawson and turned to the direction the ranch was, trotting away. Looking away from Dawson after, Isabel sighed as she reached up to her neck and realized she wasn’t wearing her necklace. Panic soared through her body. That was the necklace Liz had gotten her and held so much meaning and she knew it must’ve fallen when Sicily was galloping at a fast pace. Getting off of Sicily when they arrived back at the barn, she sighed as she placed her hand against where the compass would have sat. Trying to lighten her mood, she smiled when her niece rod back with Dawson. Not uttering a word to her husband, she smiled when her mini me got off the pony and ran to her aunt happily. “Did you see me, Auntie! It was fun!” She said with a bright expression and Isabel simply nodded, not being able to lighten her expression much when the little girl ran back inside. Hearing Dawson call her name again, Isabel turned around and looked at him, sighing. “Don’t say anything. I don’t want to hear it. I’ll be inside.” Was all she said, walking back towards the house but stopped when she felt Dawson grab her arm. “Dawson, let go. I just want to go inside and enjoy my time with the company who isn’t angry with me.”

“I wouldn’t be angry with you if you quit being so damn stubborn, Isabel. I don’t know what else I can do to prove to you that the past is in the past and you’re the future. In flying for you, to provide for you, because I’m building a family with you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to be a pilot again for you. Everything I do is for you.” Sighing to vent his own frustration, he gripped her hand. “Come with me, I have to show you your birthday present.” Leading her out of the barn the two walked down a dirt road path until he randomly stopped in the middle of it. “Look up,” Dawson whispered, taking her hand when she did and pointed to a signal star in the sky. “That’s our star, so no matter where we are in the world, all you have to do is look up to know I’m always with you.”

Letting the man lead her out of the barn, she followed him, becoming curious when they walked down the dirt path. It wasn’t until they stopped in the middle of the road that her curiousity reached the highest it could. Blinking when he whispered for her to look up, she did as he asked, looking at the single star as she listened to what he had to say. Fighting back the tears, she gripped his hand tightly, looking back at her husband with a bright smile, wiping the tears that escaped her eyes and strolled down her cheeks with the back of her free hand. “I love you.” She whispered softly, moving closer so she could rest her head against his chest, taking in the scent of his cologne as it calmed her nerves. “I’m sorry I’m such a stubborn person.” She whispered softly, looking up at their star once more before she smiled. “It’s the best birthday present I could ever ask for. You’re full of ideas, aren’t ya, Six?” Kissing him gently, Isabel squealed when she felt him pick her up, sighing gently against his lips as she rested her forehead against his. “We should go back to the party. I haven’t really been in the house much since I’ve gotten here.”

Last edited:
“I do have some tricks up my sleeve but you won’t know all of them until after I’ve given you my last breathe.” Kissing her cheek, Dawson squeezed her hand. “I love you, Isabel and all I’ve ever wanted Is to make you happy. You changed my life for the better forever.” Picking her up, the pilot planted a Romaric kiss on her lips, kissing her forehead when they pulled away, admiring her eyes before he agreed to walk back. “Alright, Mrs. Covington, lets go see what everyone else prepared for you and your birthday. But first, here’s your gift from Asher.” Pulling a box out of his pocket, Dawson handed it to his wife, grinning widely when she opened it to find a compass necklace similar to the one Liz had given her but it had Dawson and Asher’s initials engraved into the back of it. Handing her back the necklace her friend gave her. “Liz gave Asher her approval on the gift.”

Last edited:
Looking at the necklace, Isabel gasped at the sight of it, flipping the compass and spotting the intials engraved on the back. It was such a perfect sentimental gift that she adored just as much as her and Dawson’s star. “I love it.” She whispered gently, taking it out of the box, handing it to her husband so he could clasp it on. Helping him, she picked up her curly hair, giggling gently at the kiss he planted on the back of her neck. Turning around, she kissed him lovingly and passionately. “I love you so much, amor. Gracias por todo.” She whispered gently, taking his hand before they walked back inside, the photojournalist giggling once again when everyone was quick to surround her. Sitting at the table, she happily dig into the barbecue Charles made, holding Dawson’s hand the entire time. When it came time for the gifts, she opened them in the living room and was more than thankful for everything she received. The dinner was a success and when it was over, Isabel hugged Amelia tightly. “Thank you for fixing the tickets. I look forward to our adventure in Switzerland.” She said with a bubbly expression while the men chatted like always, Little Bel fast asleep on the couch.

“You’re welcome Bel, I’m sure we’re going to need the break next year after taking care of these boys,” Amelia replied happily now thy they were back in good terms. Amelia was so happy to see Isabel happy. “I’m glad you and Dawson made up. It sounds like you turned out to have a pretty nice birthday, I’m glad, you deserve it and more. Is there anything else I can do for you, best friend?” Amelia asked, letting go of her best friend to pick up her daughter to carry her to the car since they were departing politely for the night.

Last edited:
Smiling at Amelia, Isabel shook her head, kissing her nieces head gently, softly laughing at how she didn’t even budge from her slumber. “I’m fine, best friend. I think Dawson and I are staying the night here but y’all be careful on the way home. Thank you for coming. It really made my day.” She said happily, taking Amelia into a hug then did the same with Jayden, watching him take their daughter form her mother’s arms after. “Y’all be safe. Love y’all!” Isabel exclaimed once they were all set in the car and Jayden drove them back to their house. Sighing contently, Isabel got a glass of water and went out to the porch, smiling as she looked up at the star. She knew it would always be important in her life and when Dawson walked out to find her, she smiled brightly. “Thank you for an amazing birthday. I love you.” She whispered gently, kissing him lovingly while cupping his cheek with her free hand. “Are we staying the night or do I need to grab my things and drive home?” She asked him softly but soon after, she was showering in the bathroom that used to be Dawson’s before laying in bed in his old room. Snuggling up to her husband when he laid next to her, Isabel sighed contently. “Thank you for everything, my pilot.”

“You’re welcome, my love, you deserved it,” Dawson whispered, holding his wife against him while his empty stare rested on the ceiling. “I hate fighting with you,” Dawson finally admitted, kissing the top of her head “I always want the best for you and Asher and that’s why I need to fly. I just want you to understand, I’m not doing it for anyone but you.” Trailing his fingers up and down her arm, the pilot was given comfort by the silence that lingered in the room. The faint sound of crickets in the background and the smell of maple reminded him he was back home on the ranch where he spent a lot of time before he met his wife and he was glad she enjoyed it here just as much as he did. He looked forward to bringing their son here rp make the same memories his father made with him.

Letting the silence linger after Dawson broke it, she snuggled up closer against her husband and closed her eyes as her head rested against his chest. “I know.” Isabel began, “I know it’s all for me. I’m sorry I’ve been so stubborn. Being hormonal doesn’t help. I love you, Dawson Covington. My husband, my world, my life. Thank you for all you do.” She whispered gently, slowly looking up at the man and giving him a deep, romantic kiss, her eyes darkening to a deep shade of brown. Pulling away from the kiss, she smiled at her husband, giggling softly when she felt his hand graze a ticklish spot. “Stop it!” She whispered, hitting his hand away before she felt Asher kick for attention. Gasping from pain while he moved, Isabel gripped Dawson’s shirt tightly. “He’s moving. Please calm your son down.”

Hearing his wife draw a sharp breath he became concerned at first, feeling her ball his shirt into her fist, her face squinching for a moment too. “What’s wrong?” The concern apparent in his voice. Dawson was afraid he unintentionally hurt her but his expression soon turned to a grin when he realized it was just their son making his presence known Dawson couldn’t help but laugh st his wife for her pleading. “You excitedhid riding blood, you did it to yourself,” Dawson teased, resting his hand where she placed it. “Be nice to your momma, Asher. She’s not done with you yet.”

Overall, Isabel’s Birthday was a success but the best birthday to approach was equally as exciting. It was Lincoln’s.

“Daddy where are we going?” little Bel asked in a sleepy confusion after her father picked her up from her bed in the middle of the night. “I don’t want to get up! I’m tired!” The toddler whined, rubbing her eyes with her fists as her eyes adjusted to the light as Jayden turned on her light to grab some things from her closet. She was also confused by her father’s sweet tone when he told her she was going to Aunt Bel and Uncle Dawson’s. “I don’t want to go right now. I’m tired, Daddy.”

Sighing softly, Jayden looked at his sleepy daughter. “I know you’re tired, Love bug but you have to go with your Uncle Dawson and Aunt Isabel. Your brother is coming so I have to take mommy to the hospital but you have to stay with you aunt and uncle.” He explained softly, zipping the bag he put her clothes and shoes in before he picked her up and carried her down the stairs and to the car, setting her in her car seat before he got in the driver seat and held Amelia’s hand tightly. “I’m here. We’re going right now.” He said, quickly driving to their friends house where he grabbed his daughter and carried her to the door, smiling when Dawson came out to carry her. “We got her. Y’all go.” He said quickly, chuckling as he watched Jayden run back to the car to drive Amelia to the hospital. He knew she was in a lot of pain and when they arrived, he was quick to help her out and sit her down in a wheelchair when a nurse came over to them. The hospital staff was quick to get Amelia a room and luckily they gave Amelia some medication to subdue the pain she felt right now. Sitting in a chair next to his fiancée, Jayden smiled sweetly at her. “I love you. I’ll be right here. I’m not leaving.”

Groaning, Amelia placed her arm over her face, now decorated in Iv’s and monitors for both her and Lincoln Amelia was beginning to remember just how awful this was the first time. She been in pain all day but waited until it was nearly unbearable to do anything. She was in so much pain now she was sweating and shaking uncomfortably, reaching for Jayden’s hand she pulled him closer towards her, needing his presence for her own security. “I’m not doing this again,” she whined in a shuttered breath, she wished the medicine they gave her would take to her bloodstream faster but she was still miserable and she knew she would be for awhile. The thought accompanied with the constant nagging pain made her break down into tears of desperation for it to stop. When the nurse brought her a warm blanket she shuttered another sigh and buried her head into Jayden’s chest who was now standing over her in his protective manner as nurses continued to come and go.

Last edited:
Sighing softly, Jayden stayed hoovering over his wife, ensuring her everything would be alright. He knew she was in a lot of pain but he tried his bet to comfort her. Keeping her against his chest, he kissed the top of her head before he smiled gently. “I know this is a lot but I promise you’ll get through this. I’ll be here every step of the way this time. I’m not going anywhere.” He promised her, kissing her head once again before he answered all the questions the nurses asked him. Letting Amelia grip his hand when she was in pain, he tried to gauge how bad it was but when the medicine finally kicked in, he continued to hold her. “Does it feel a bit better?” He asked her gently, laying a hand on her stomach with a smile. Their son was almost here.

By the time the medication kicked in and the pain eased up in the slightest bit Amelia was too exhausted to fight the pain that was still surging through her. She was too concentrated on making it through her pain that she just signed to her fiancé ho she felt. As the hours passed and the pain increased and only became more unbearable Amelia ended up in an oxygen mask, the nurses giving her looks of sympathy as each hour passes and the night turned from morning to mid afternoon. By early evening Amelia wasn’t letting go of Jayden, curling herself into him.

“Auntie Bel! Where’s Lincoln?” Little Bel asked impatiently, sitting st the island, eating the animal crackers Uncle Dawson gave her to please her. The toddler missed her parents during the day she spent without them. “Are you sure he’s coming?” She asked sounding unconvinced that Lincoln would ever actually come.

Holding Amelia close, Jayden didn’t let go. He made it a point to lay with her in her bed, wrapping her in his arms cautiously despite all the IV’s his fiancée had. Kissing her head gently, he rubbed her back and tried his hardest to let her rest. He knew the pain was unbearable and he wished he could take away all the pain but knew once Lincoln arrived, it would all be worth it for Amelia. Jayden was excited to see his son but while holding Amelia, he slowly began to fall asleep himself.

Giggling at his innocent her niece was, Isabel smiled before kissing the top of her head while she made the three of them dinner. “I promise he’s coming, Lovebug. He’s just giving your mom a hard time. It happens sometimes.” She explained for the toddler, happily accepting the little help she could give while they made Dawson his favorite dinner. She knew he would appreciate it when he came home. “Are you excited to meet your brother and then your cousin soon?” She asked with a smile, watching her mini me touch her stomach gently. “He’s kicking to get your attention. Asher can’t wait to meet you.” She whispered softly only for the little girl to hear while Asher kicked away in his mom’s stomach against his cousins hand.

Before Jayden had the chance to fully succumb to his sleep Amelia’s discomfort escalated rapidly, getting the doctor’s attention. When shevcane to greet Jayden, she smiled wide after she checked on Amelia. “Looks like it’s time to welcome Lincoln,” she announced becoming amused when Jayden jumped out of the bed and back to his fiancée’s side, and unlike the rest of his mother’s labor, Lincoln didn’t make his parents wait long to meet him once he was ready. In the next few minutes his cries filled the room, bringing Amelia instantly to tears when the nurse rested her son on her chest. Lincoln was the second most beautiful thing she’d ever seen next to his sister. Looking up to Jayden with tears in her eyes, she thanked him and drew him into a loving kiss. “He’s perfect, Jayden.”

“Hi, Asher! I’m excited to meet you too!” Bel replied in a giggle, becoming curious when she heard her aunts phone vibrate against the counter. “Who is it?” She only hoped it was her daddy, she missed him.

Finally being able to see his son, Jayden smiled brightly when he saw his son now laying against his mother’s chest. He was such a beautiful boy and already stole his fathers hard. He knew Lincoln’s sister would be so happy when she saw him. Accepting Amelia’s lovely kiss, her fiancé returned it, smiling gently as he nodded, rubbing Lincoln’s cheek with the back of his finger. “He is perfect. Such a beautiful little boy.” He whispered gently, looking at Amelia with admiration before texting Isabel to let her know the baby had arrived. “I’m proud of you, Amelia. You did so good.” He said gently, kissing her forehead as tenderly as possible before he smiled.

Hearing her phone vibrate against the counter, Isabel smiled at her nieces curiosity before reaching for her phone. “You know who it is.” She said to her, beaming with happiness at the picture she was sent. “Your brother is here, Lovebug. Want to see him?” She asked her, handing her the phone for her to see the picture. “He’s a beautiful little thing isn’t he?” Isabel giggled gently at her nieces reaction to her brother. “I promise after dinner we’ll go see him.” Sitting the little girl at the table after the food was ready, the two sat together for dinned before she heard the front door open and close. Smiling brightly, Isabel looked up from her niece to see her husband. “Hi handsome. Lincoln’s here.” She said gently, leaning her head back to give him a loving kiss, showing him the picture of the baby. “Dinner’s in the kitchen. Little Bel and I are going to see the baby after we eat. Care to join us?”

In January, the air was still sharply brisk, stinging Dawson’s bare face in the minute it took him to rub from his cherry red Chevy, wet from the constant drizzle of rain throughout the day. dimming the sky in a smoky gray color and the ground slick and sloshy of earth rain water accumulated in shallow puddles. Dawson’s thin layers of his uniform weren’t adequate enough to keep him warm. Sliding the hood from his freshly shaved head, Dawson looked up to his wife when she called him over, his straight edges on the side of his head leading down to his usually scruffy jawline. Hearing his niece in the distance, Dawson’s grin only brightened his expression further. Walking into the kitchen, Dawson’s work boots squeaked obnoxiously on the wooden floors from the naval officer inevitablely tracking in the rain. Sitting down beside little Bel, he unlaced his heavy boots in a hurry, his gaze never leaving the ladies after he greeted them both with tender kisses on the forehead. “Your brother’s here, Bel! Are you so excited to meet him? I bet your mommy’s really tired after what your brother put her her through.” Dawson knew his niece wouldn’t understand what he was referring to when speaking about her exhausted mother but his chuckle still vibrated through his chest while he picked at the veggies Isabel left on the table. “You know, Bel, your cousin’s not far behind. Asher will be here soon too.”

The time for Asher, much like Lincoln came and gone, and as life continued for the converged family, the blissful months that brought children, marriage and prosperity soon brought the most devastating time of uncertainty.

A year had passed since Amelia gave birth to Lincoln, since then, the stubborn journalist devoted herself to Jayden and married him and continued her own work at The Straight Scoop with Isabel while her husband prospered in his own career.

Jayden already managed to reconstruct two orphanages, giving the children more access to education in the Chicago area where he grew up, and just recently he and Amelia moved their family to London and had been living there for the past four months while Jayden did his best to work with the English school board to to bring education into their orphanages as well.

Dawson even fully committed to flying again after much reassurance and rehabilitation for his still lingering PTSD, the pilot accepted it was something he would have to live with for the remainder of his life but learning how to not let it deter him from living his life was crucial. Dawson Covington once again took his rightful place as a Blue Angel.

The birth of Asher was something Isabel wasn’t quite ready for. He gave his mother a lot of trouble, lodging himself into her ribs instead of finding his way out. Because of this, Isabel had to have an emergency c-section and as much as she dreaded knowing a scar would now be across her stomach, she didn’t hate it. In fact, she loved it because it showed the story of her becoming a mother, which is a blessing she adored.

With Asher now being a priority, Isabel did the best she could during his first year of life, ensuring he had the best care and was always taken care of. Whenever she needed to leave for work, her parents or Dawson’s offered to watch her world. She trusted them with all her heart and knew they would care for her son how he should be cared for. As his mother, it was always hard to leave Asher for an assignment. It was even harder when Dawson was fully himself again. Isabel beamed with pride at the fact her husband was able to do what he lived once more. He was made to be a Blue Angel pilot and she couldn’t be more proud of him than she was at the first show he flew in after a year and a half.

For Jayden, starting his company was his main priority after his and Amelia’s son was born. He was one of the most beautiful things he ever laid his eyes on and he wanted nothing but the best for him and his sister. Working on his company, Unite, was an extreme task but well worth it once he was able to recontrust two orphanages in Chicago. It brought his ease of mind knowing he was helping children receive the education they deserved, and he did it all with Amelia as his back bone. She supported him in every decision he made, even when he proposed they move their familial unit to England. It was easier for them to live in another country while he worked with the government in reconstructing their orphanage system. He also enjoyed the exposure moving across the world gave to his children.

It was now the month of March, a year later from the birth of two wonderful boys. After celebrating their birthdays, Amelia and Isabel both agreed on working an assignment together in France. A lot of terrorist attacks had been occurring within the country, and many news sources were giving false information or too little information. As much as the two journalist knew how dangerous it was sending both of them together on one assignment, Isabel couldn’t let anyone else within their company take it. They weren’t ready for this type of assignment although now that she sat on the bed within her hotel room, she groaned as she overlooked the city of Paris. In that moment, Isabel wishes another worker worked this assignment considering her dislike for the country, but she knew thinking like this wasn’t ethical. She was here to tell the truth of the attacks and those being victimized.

Hearing a knock on her door, Isabel got up rather quickly, knowing it had to be Amelia. Opening the door, Isabel gasped when she felt a hand push a cloth against her mouth. Dammit. I should’ve looked through the peep hole. Feeling her body grow weak from the chemical drenched in the cloth, Isabel collapsed into a pair of muscular arms that soon carried her away from her room. How no one within the hotel noticed, she had no clue, but the darkness that shrouded her mind was all she thought about. The void within her. She knew the chance of this was high, but she could have sworn she and Amelia were careful but sometimes being careful isn’t enough. The photojournalist didn’t awake from her unconscious state until she felt pain shoot down her back.

Opening her eyes, she glanced around to take in her surroundings. She sat in a room painted in a murky, almost brown colored, grey. There were no windows and no bed. The carpet had a yellow tint to it and the smell that reeked off of it was rather grotesque. It smelt of cigarettes and faint traces or marijuana. Groaning from the pounding in her head, Isabel’s eyes landed on another body, one tied up the same way she was, only with a cloth over her mouth. Amelia. Trying her hardest to move closer, Isabel was relieved when she saw Amelia’s eyes flutter open. “I’m here. Try to stay calm.” She whispered, knowing there was no way to stay calm in a situation like this. Leaning closer to her cheek, Isabel bit down on the cloth around Amelia’s mouth, moving it down so that it rested around her neck. “I don’t know where we are. Do you remember what happened to you?” She asked her softly, not hearing any movement from outside the door. The people that brought them here had probably left, which meant they didn’t have much time to try and escape. Scanning the room again, Isabel searched for something sharp, something that would cut the rope. She didn’t know how to make it out of here alive or contact anyone. Their abductors had taken their phone and it was a smart choice that they did, although she knew Dawson would go into a panic when her location was no longer shared with him.

From the start of her assignment abroad, Amelia’s anxious gut told her she shouldn’t have gone. In her 11 years as a journalist she stood by the moral idea that it was her duty to serve the public with the right information and be a voice for those who felt as though they were too under privileged to have one. When she was younger she was willing to risk her life to preform such a duty but the moment her children came into the picture she grew more hesitant to throw herself in inevitable danger.

When she left her husband, she didn’t let herself cry out of fear until she turned away from his embrace, she knew if she let him see her fear he wouldn’t let her go. Handing him her wedding band and all her phones, she kissed his cheek. “I love you,” she whispered into his neck before he let her go at the last second. If it wasn’t Isabel who asked her to go, they both knew Amelia never would have went. But even now as she let her guilt eat at her for putting her family in this situation, she didn’t regret it. This is why I came. I didn’t want Isabel to go through this nightmare alone. Breathe but not loud enough to draw attention to yourself. Feeling a hand rest in hers, the journalist squinched her eyes to conceal her burning tears. But her fear dissipated when she heard a familiar voice but the fear was soon replaced with guilt for bringing Isabel into this situation. We should have never agreed to this. Dawson doesn’t need to lose another wife. “Isabel, there’s no getting out of this,” Amelia whispered, keeping her breaths shallow. “I’m sorry,” she whispered keeping her head low, because she knew if she looked at Isabel she would break down and that’s the last thing she needed if their captor made his presence known. “All you do is work with me, do you understand? You’re not my best friend right now.” It’s not worth your life.

Isabel sucked in a deep breath when she heard what Amelia said. All you do is work with her. Y’all aren’t best friends. Not right now. As much as Isabel knew what Amelia said was true, she couldn’t bring herself to accept it. If there cake a point in this where Isabel needed to save Amelia, she would, without a single doubt. It was etched into her entire being to give up her own life for Amelia. Amelia would make it back to America, if she bargained her cards right with their captor. She would get to see her family again, Jayden and their children. Dawson and Asher. Biting her lip, the photojournalist felt bile rising in her throat. Swallowing it hard, she released a sigh. Dawson. She put him through hell again. There was a chance she wouldn’t make it out. He was going to lose yet another wife. How could she have been so inconsiderate when she told him about this? She saw the expression on his face. He didn’t want her to go, begged her not to go. She should’ve listened and stayed. Her and Amelia. They wouldn’t be in this mess if it weren’t for her and that’s why Isabel would make sure Amelia made it out alive. I’m sorry, Six.

Not saying another word to Amelia for what felt like hours, Isabel wracked her brain for a plan. An escape. She knew this wasn’t a movie and there may actually be no way out, but she needed to think of one. She couldn’t let her best friend go through this. She was thinking with her emotions. Hearing the door open, Isabel’s deep brown eyes came face to face with the leader behind all the attacks. She should’ve known he was their captor. Their stories were so close to exposing him and he wanted revenge. He wanted to make the journalists feel inferior. She saw the blood-thirst in his eyes.

“The two of you are more beautiful in person.” The man said, grinning deviously as he continued to eye the journalists. Isabel met his gaze and soon regretted rolling her eyes. Before she knew it, the leader was gripping her hair tightly, causing Isabel to gasp in pain. “Women like you need to learn your place in the world. You’re meant to serve men. You’re inferior to us.” Throwing Isabel back down, she groaned out from the pain that courses through her body.

“Coming here was a mistake, girls. You should’ve stayed away like all the other news sources. Now, the two of you will pay.” The man hissed, squatting down in front of Amelia, reaching out to tilt her head up. “Deciding what to do to you will be the fun part. You won’t be the same when we release you, if I decide you deserve it.” Leaning in closer, he grinned before whispering in Amelia’s ear. “The chances of you making it out are slim, love.” Pulling away, he walked back towards the door. Isabel didn’t know what to do. Communication wasn’t a barrier for the three of them because it was obvious the man knew English. He was a Frenchman himself. Causing events of domestic terrorism but he had yet to be caught. “Now, I have matters to tend to. My men will take good care of you. Don’t worry, they won’t touch you.” Turning to leave, the man looked back at the women once at the door. “Yet.”

“Let Savannah go!” The words were out of the photojournalists mouth before she could stop them. Still laying on the floor, her chest heaved up and down as she trying to breathe, digging her nails into her flesh to keep herself quiet. “Let her go and you can do whatever you want with me.” Feeling her best friends gaze burning deep into her skin, Isabel looked back at her, glaring at her as she tried to tell her not to say a damn word. “She’s merely a reporter. I shouldn’t have brought her with me. I’m your biggest threat.”

“Yes, because you own the company, don’t you?” The male asked, rather intrigued by the fact Isabel was giving herself to them for the safety of a simple reporter. For all he and his men knew, The Straigt Scoop was owned by one woman. Who she was, they had no idea. All he knew was someone had to pay for what the company released.

“I do. It’s my company. I should’ve left Savannah back in America. This is my story.”

“Perhaps you should have, except she doesn’t live in America, and her name isn’t Savannah.” Looking back over to Isabel with an amused expression, the Frenchman watched the fear cloud Isabel’s brown eyes, and that’s how he knew he had the right journalists. “Do you think I’m a fool? I wouldn’t waste my time finding a meaningless reporter. She means something because of how many people are willing to listen to her. Don’t you understand? I know who Amelia Acciolli is. I wasn’t looking for you, I was looking for her. You were only here to confirm it, so thank you, Isabel.” Inching back towards Amelia, the man with sickly fair skin and boney fingers, grabbing Amelia by her own scrawny neck. “How much do you think your pretty husband will be willing to pay for you, princess?”

Turning her head away, Amelia realized it was a mistake as soon as she did it without thinking. She was displeased with the raunchy smell of a stale cigarette on his breath.

Immediately, the man grabbed her chin with his firm hand and squeezed her cheek. “You’re gorgeous, I can see why he would stay with you for putting him through all this shit.”

With her breathes still low and her head to the ground, Amelia bit her lip at Isabel’s constant pleas to bargain. “Shut up!” She screamed, glaring in Isabel’s direction. “Your nothing to him, your SD cards are gone,” Amelia replied harshly. While the man reached into Amelia’s bra to find all her important belongings, the disposable phone, passport, press pass and sped cash. “It is you,” the man said again, this time in shock disbelief. For him, finding this journalist was an irrational dream come true.

“It’s me,” Amelia confessed, finally looking up to her captor to make eye contact. The gleam of sinister excitement in his eye made chills run down her already bruised spine.

Hearing Amelia snap at her, Isabel flinched. She needed to think of a plan. She needed to find a way out. The only one that came to mind was something she knew would break Amelia. It had to be convincing, otherwise none of this would work. Taking a deep breath, Isabel dig deep down for rage. Any form of rage she could find in order to lash out correctly. Finally, when she found it, it fueled her anger enough to catch everyone’s attention. Enough for the Frenchman to release Amelia and look at her. She even felt Amelia staring at her, digging deep into her bones. She knew this would break her but she needed leverage. She needed a way to get them out.

“No!” The photojournalist exclaimed shortly after Amelia told her to shut up. She bit her lip, trying to draw a deep breath in but it wasn’t possible. Not when the rage against her sister was fueling her but she wasn’t lashing out on Miranda. She was lashing out on Amelia. The only person other than Dawson that held her heart entirely. “I won’t shut up.” She snapped, wriggling her hands in the rope that tied her hands behind her. The smell of cigarettes was giving her a headache and now with the rage, her entire body seemed to be pounding.

“Of course you were looking for Amelia. Who isn’t looking for her? I know all you needed me for was to confirm it was her because I’m nothing. Isabel Covington has always been nothing. She’s not the successful one living in England. She’s not the one with a husband who owns his own company changing the fucking world. I’m a nobody.” Isabel hissed as she continued thinking of Miranda and how she kept Nova from her for the first five years of her nieces life. “I don’t even know why I keep going with the company. It’s not mine. It’s theirs.”

Hearing footsteps walk closer to her, Isabel looked up at their captor, not looking at Amelia because she knew she would break if she did. “And how does knowing all of that make you feel?” The man asked, making chills run down her spine as he caressed her face. “I love the look of rage in your eyes right now.” He added to which Isabel felt like puking but held it back.

“It makes me angry. Amelia has the successful life and what do I have? Nothing. My name means nothing in the journalistic world. Me being kidnap means nothing. No one would give a damn if I die right her right now. They would only care about Amelia and try to find her, not giving a fuck if they found me or not. I live in her shadow and I’ll be damn if I die in her shadow.” Isabel explained, still not looking at Amelia. She couldn’t but when the Frenchman made the pair of best friends look at each other, Isabel looked straight at Amelia, trying to get her to understand what she was doing. Feeling her hands slip through the rope after she was able to get her hand to relax enough. Reaching up, the Texan woman’s fist met their captor jaw, hearing a crunch of bones made Isabel’s anger continue to rage. Get out. Reaching quickly for the gun in his belt, she blocked Amelia and shot at the two men by the door, breaking through the ribs and go right under their hearts. Watching both fall to the floor, she groaned when she felt a hand punch her. Before she was able to do anything more, she was pushed against the wall and felt a hand snaking up her leg, resting in her hip. “Let go.” She breathed out, seeing the sinister grin on the Frenchman. “And to think I almost pitied you.”

Shutting her eyes, Isabel groaned once more when her head was pulled forward and back against the wall. She was so stunned, she heard her blood pulsing through her ears. Once thrown back on the ground, Isabel felt her body grow weak. Reaching out for the gun again, Isabel gripped it with weak hands, shooting their captor in the knee. Not a fatal shot but enough. Crawling to Amelia, she cut through her ropes. “Get your phone, the money, everything, and run. I’ll only hinder you right now. Get out and run. You’re the only one who can get us to safety.” She whispered softly, looking back when she heard rustling. With blood slowly trickling down her face, Isabel stood up and pulled Amelia to her feet. “Run!” She yelled. “Listen to me for once and run!” Watching Amelia run, Isabe stayed in the room, holding the gun for her own protection but eventually, everything went black. Am I dead?

Last edited:
Hearing Isabel lash out back at her, Amelia felt her head spin. She was already emotionally distressed as it was and Isabel making a scene only made her unbearably anxious and guilty. Amelia didn’t want to believe it was real but her guilty conscious made her believe it to be. How could Isabel even say such horrible things? Even if she didn’t mean them, it wasn’t worth saying then to save Amelia’s life. Hearing them, Amelia couldn’t keep strong anymore and just broke into ugly tears as their captor inched back towards Isabel. “No!” Amelia screamed, struggling to set herself free of the cheap rope, digging into her wrists and making her bleed. The last thing she needed was an infection that would kill her for not being cared for properly, not that she cared much anymore. With each beating Isabel acquired, Amelia’s screams only grew louder. “Stop! Please stop!” Watching Isabel take on the small frenchman, her heart nearly catapulted out of her chest, fearful these are the last moments she would see her best friend alive. “Isabel don’t.” Amelia pleaded again while she felt the rope loosening around her wrists. “I’m not leaving you here,” Amelia insisted but when Isabel brought Amelia to her feet, she ran only because it was the only thing she felt she could do to help Isabel and not so much herself, but she didn’t make it very far before she collapsed herself, whatever had been repeatedly shoved down her throat finally took over her bloodstream.

With both women unconscious, no one knew what was going to happen to them. Isabel didn’t know what was going to happen to them. Luckily for one of the best friends, she was found by a mother and child who acted quick to help the journalist out. Calling an ambulance and getting her the medical attention she needed, Amelia would wake up to find herself in one of Paris’ many hospitals. She would be free, safe and away from harm, just like Isabel intended. Isabel didn’t give a damn what happened to her. She was a strong woman and it would take a lot to break her. She knew she would make it out alive with Amelia in the public once more. She just had to have faith.

Waking up, Isabel groaned from the aching of her muscles. She found herself tied up once more, still laying in the yellowish carpet in the room that reeked of cigarettes. Trying to wriggle out of the rope, she flinched from the burning sensation. Her wrists were pretty torn up from her first escape and she wasn’t sure she could do it again. Hearing footsteps, Isabel slowly picked herself up, leaning against the wall as she saw her captor being wheeled into the room by another one of his followers. When they inched closer, Isabel spat at him, not wanting him any closer. “Don’t. Fucking. Come. Near. Me.” She hissed but it was pointless. Feeling strong arms grab her, she was in the air before she knew it, kicking her legs furiously in the air to try and escape. “Let me go!” She exclaimed, looking at her captor once she was set on her feet. Feeling his hands in her hip, the photojournalist tensed. “Please don’t.” She pleaded, her eyes shut as tight as possible. “Please.”

“Not so strong or brave now, Princess?” The Frenchman said, his hands traveling upwards from the photojournalists hips. “What am I going to do with you because of what you did? You’re strong but I can break you.” His voices darkened with his last words. Isabel had to hold back the tears that burned her eyes. His hands felt so disgusting against her body and the urge to throw up continued to grow as they grazed every part of her body. “Dawson.” She called out in a faint whisper before the tears fell. She needed him. She needed Amelia. She wasn’t sure how much longer she could be strong. Thinking of a way to get her captor away, Isabel took in a deep breath before she kicked his knee, falling to the ground once more, thankful his hands were off her body. Slowly inching close to the wall, Isabel didn’t know what else to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back