• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Anchored for Love

"You were staring, I watched you." Watching Jayden make his coffee Nick turned his face in disgust. "You're so manly," Nick teased as usual before he too turned to his work for the remainder of their shift. When he made it back in the early hours of the morning, he stopped and smiled at Amelia's door. He knew his friend had high hopes and he didn't want them to get crushed, but he also cared for Amelia, only time would tell what would happen.

In the morning, when Jayden finally had the chance to leave at eight o'clock, he headed straight for his usual café, sighing softly as he walked in and smiled at the barista, watching her make his usual. When he went to sit down, he noticed Amelia walk in and smiled, walking back over after she ordered and paid. "I got it," he assured the barista, handing her his card and smiling at Amelia. "It's the least I can do for what you did yesterday." Jayden was repaying the favor of what Amelia did yesterday, getting his coffee and bagel happily, about to leave before he looked back at Amelia. "Amelia, can you teach me basic signs?" He asked curiously. "After what happened to yesterday, I want to be able to communicate with those who are deaf," he explained.

Amelia ran into the cafe because she needed her morning coffee to be able to function but she was in a rush because she was running late. Carrying her bag on her shoulde with her press pass already around her neck she ordered quickly and was pulling out her card when someone walked over and beat her to it. Biting her lip, she held back from her natural reaction to be defensive when she realized who it was and just thanked him softly, in too much of a hurry to debate it right now. Picking up the coffee she thanked him again before she headed for the door, turning back towards him when he called after her "Um sure, I guess, I have to go, I'm late for work but you should go to sleep Jayden," she said gently before she hurried out.

Jayden laughed softly as he watched the busy and late journalist. He knew he should get some sleep but after he ate his bagel and drank his coffee, he walked out of the cafe and went home, crashing the moment he made it to his bed. He was glad he wasn't working the night shift tonight because he and Nick needed the rest. It was going to be a long week for everyone, especially Isabel who needed to make the trip to Jacksonville. She FaceTimed Amelia as she waited for her flight and bit her lip. "Hey, did you hear about what happened at the air show?" She asked her, biting her lip nervously, worried about Dawson. All she knew was a plane exploded after overhearing and she didn't know which number it was.

Last edited:
When Amelia picked up the phone, she was sitting at the same cafe perched in a seat outside so she was able to enjoy the weather and when she answered the FaceTime she wasn't expecting Bel to be so distraught. "No, I didn't, what happened?" she asked softly while trying to keep her composure for her best friend's sake. She knew Dawson was there and that's why Bel was probably worried but Amelia was unaware as to what happened because she was deep in her own assignments which happened from time to time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isabel was sitting in her airport, shaking her leg nervously and anxiously as she waited for the plane to be ready to board them. Isabel didn't text Dawson, but she was very worried. "One of the planes overheated and the engine exploded. I don't really know which plane and I don't want to assume it was Dawson's but I am going there now to cover the story," she said frantically, looking at her best friend with a sigh. "I'm scared it was six, Amelia," she explained with a worried expression.

Jayden was excited to finally have a day off. The week had been hectic both during the day and night. He decided to go to his usual cup of coffee from his favorite cafe. When he arrived, he noticed Amelia sitting in a seat at one of the outside tables. He decided to walk over to her and smiled as he noticed she was facetiming someone. "I heard the plane number was four," he explained to which Isabel released a deep sigh of relief. In that moment, it clicked in Isabel's head the voice was that of a male and she looked at her best friend questioningly but with a teasing grin. "Who's that, Amelia?" She said in a sing-song voice. "Lemme seeeeeeeee."

Listening to Bel's concerns Amelia took a deep breath and gathered her thoughts before she started to reassure her best friend not to worry. It was obvious she cared for Dawson after the night they spent together. "I'm sure he's fine Bel," Amelia commented "You don't need to--" before she could finish she heard the sound of a familiar voice and was taken aback and shocked both by who it was and that he placed himself in her conversation. It rubbed her the wrong way but she let it go. Biting her lip in irritation at Isabel's question because she knew where she was going to take this and it didn't help that he turned out to be an officer. Suddenly, she felt anger flare within her at Jayden for putting her in such an awkward position but she took a deep breath and plastered a smile across her face. "It's Jayden, Nick's partner, the ones I help translate for before." She couldn't answer why he was here or why he entered their conversation she didn't know him in a friendly way, she just helped him. "But see, you shouldn't be worrying, just call him and ask him if he's okay, don't pull another stunt that will give him reason to tease you again."

Jayden could tell despite Amelia's plastered smile he had rubbed her the wrong way. He was mentally beating himself up over it but he smiled at Isabel who forced Amelia to introduce her and laughed softly when Isabel hung up, after telling Amelia a few things Jayden didn't want to hear. "I'm sorry I just jumped into your coversation like that. She just seemed really worried about the number," he explained pretty poorly, sighing softly before it fell into an awkward silence. "Well, I should go get my coffee then take my leave. Sorry, again," walking into the cafe as quick as possible, Jayden knew he had messed up. He was so attracted to Amelia that his judgement was clouded and he didn't like that. He decided to just shake it off and maybe try again another time.

Isabel sighed softly when the FaceTime with Amelia ended. She was relieved to know the plane that exploded wasn't Dawson's but she was still making the trip to Jacksonville to report in the story. She boarded the plane and when she arrived on base, she sighed softly as she put on her press pass and walked into the area the rest of the journalists were. It seemed rather hectic with flashes going off every five seconds and Isabel couldn't help but smile. She loved the chaotic scene but she strayed from it, focusing more on getting some shots of the now wrecked plane. She wanted the shots before she went to interview anyone on what happened.

When Jayden entered and ordered his usual the usual morning barista handed it to him and smiled, shaking her head when he went to pay. "It's already been paid for, Amelia paid for your next order when you paid for hers, enjoy," she said sweetly before she served the next in line.

After Jayden departed into the cafe, Amelia watched him from afar and was pleased when she saw Erica turn away his payment. When he walked back out she sipped on her coffee and pretended not to notice him while he exited.

Jayden was puzzled when he was told by Erica that his coffee had already been paid for. He smiled and thanked Erica before he sipped his coffee and walked out, looking at Amelia with a smile as she acted as though she didn't notice him. "Thank you for the coffee, Amelia," waving in her direction Jayden turned to leave the cafe, sipping his coffee before he calmed his nerves. It was a polite gesture of her to pay for his coffee.

"That's it? You're going to butt into my conversation with my best friend who will make fun of me the rest of my life for that and then thank me for your coffee and then leave?" She challenged sipping her coffee. She wasn't normally like this but she felt bad after he walked off in such a hurry, embarrassed by what he had done. "That's rude," she both spoke and signed, remembering what he asked her when she was in a hurry a few days earlier. "It's not nice to include yourself when I don't know you, you know?" She asked still trying to see if she could get a reaction out of him. This was the firecensss Nick warned his best friend about.

Jayden stopped walking when he heard Amelia call after him. He couldn't help but grin in satisfaction when he was able to get a reaction out of her, even if it was her fierceness. He turned and looked at her, listening intently as he sipped his coffee and smiled when she signed and spoke to him. She remembered what he asked and Jayden made his way back, looking at the chair across from Amelia. "May I?" He asked her with a challenging expression, sitting down when she didn't respond and smiled. "It was rude of me to include myself when you I don't know you," he began, holding his cup of coffee in both his hands. "I apologize for doing so, Amelia." He added with a smile.

"So you're just going to repeat what I said or were you expecting something before you interrupted me?" She asked with a dramatic sigh, finishing off her coffee and already dreaming about the vanilla latte she forgot she wanted before she ordered a plan coffee with cream and sugar. Uncrossing her legs she brushed off her pants while she waited for the officer's reply. She was oblivious to why he seemed to keep running into her but she knew he must have wanted something.

Jayden knew saying what he was next was going to be a major risk but he needed to take it. "I was expecting something. I wanted to ask you to dinner," he explained but before she could say anything, he stopped her. "The Officer dinner we have every year. You don't have to accompany with me but I would like for you to attend," smiling Jayden continued to drink his coffee. "We will be hosting it at the Dupont Circle hotel. Hopefully you aren't on an assignment and can attend."

Amelia turned to the Sargent in shock at his suggestion, but couldn't keep a straight face when his offer seemed to go downhill with what he actually wanted to say. "Jayden, I know you noticed I'm a journalist, which means honesty is very important to me. I would appreciate it if you were honest in your intentions," she said simply watching him tap his finger against the cup. "I don't bite," she spoke, signing again. "But I don't think I'm what you're looking for."

Jayden sighed softly as he listened to Amelia before he looked at her. "I would appreciate it if you, Amelia, would accompany me to the Officer dinner. I can assure you you won't regret attending," he explained and bit his lip at what she said last. He knew why she said it but he wasn't going to give up so easily. He was going to fight like he told Nick. "You don't know what I'm looking for. I'm not saying we're going to date after this. I would like to get to know you more and if we work together, maybe take it to another level. We won't ever know if we don't try, however."

"Jayden, you flatter me but I'm.not looking for a relationship right now. Don't take it personally, I just have a lot going on right now and going to a formal event with you doesn't seem rational, when again, I don't know you. But I will be in attendance, your chief already invited me since I work crime for The Post. I told him I would go because it would be unfair of me to only cover all the cases that run through that department and not the payoff for the officers. I'm sure it'll be a great time. Plus, you're still in blue, if I was interested in anyone it would have to be a man I'm white. I like leaders." she added in a playful tone.

Jayden couldn't help but smile as he listened to Amelia and her spunk. He found it to be amusing, along with her remarks. He knew she was different from any girl out there and he now understood what Nick meant when he said she was fierce. Jayden sipped someone of his coffee before he set it down and looked at Amelia with a bright expression. "Well, for starters my name is Jayden Acciolli. I'm a sergeant at the D.C police department. I was born in Chicago but then moved to D.C when I was 20. Nick Wells is my best friend and we joined the force together. It's been a dream for the both of us since we were little. I'm a child who went in the system which is why I didn't want Caitlyn to go through that. I like my coffee black with sugar and for now that's all I can tell you about myself," smiling Jayden sipped the remainder of his coffee and looked at her with a knowing expression.

Last edited:
Amelia blinked when she heard Jayden spew facts about himself in her direction. She wasn't expecting that but it was a pleasant surprise that he was challenging her front, not many did. Listening, she bit her lip at some of what he said, laughing nervously when he told her about his past and that he and Nick were best friends. "It's nice to meet you, Jayden. You sound like a great success story," she complimented with a gentle smile, laughing again he looked to her, waiting for her to take her turn. "My name is Amelia Carson, I am an investigative crime reporter for the Washington Post. I moved here four years ago. My best friend who you met earlier, her name is Isabel, but I call her Bel, she's a photojournalist and is working in Dallas right now. The two of us have a dream to start our own company one day and have been saving for it since I finished college. I grew up with a single mom who had me and my sister before she was twenty, it wasn't the system but it was pretty rough until I was almost grown. I'm from Florida but I always deny it given the chance. I was also the first in my immediate and extended family to get a college degree and not have kids in my teens. My family thinks I am wasting my God-given intelligence by doing what I do and I have to drink my coffee with a lot of cream and some sugar or it's too strong and could send me into the hospital because I am actually allergic to caffeine but refuse to give it up. Though I am addicted to lattes, which isn't good since they have two shots of espresso typically, but I have crafted the perfect method of consuming one without dying."

Jayden was rather impressed with Amelia's story as well. He was even more impressed to know the woman she was facetiming earlier was her best friend and they had a dream together as well. That was something he found sweet and when she finished, he smiled at the statement about the caffeine. "Caffeine is adicting but I have never met someone allergic to it until now," he said with a teasing grin, "but it's a pleasure to meet you, Amelia Carson. You seem to have a good head on your shoulders and seem to shoot for the stars. That's a good thing, Miss Investigative Journalist. When you finally have your company, let me know. I would love a tour of it."

"Would you now? Well, if you're in white by then, I'll give you one." The silence that now lingered between them was comfortable, unlike how they awkwardly started earlier. "Did you find a family?" she asked curiously. It bothered her that Jayden didn't have a decent childhood. She always felt for those people because she experienced it herself and she hated to think anyone else had to go through anything similar or worse. Her curiosity ate at her because she was an empathetic person, that's why she did what she did, she wanted to give back and help people who were suffering. She didn't believe anyone deserved that.

The silence that lingered wasn't like before. It was awkward anymore and that gave Jayden relief. He was glad they were able to relax with one another and at Amelia's question, Jayden bit his lip before he sighed softly. "No, I didn't. I wasn't able to find a family but it's okay. I found my younger brother when I was twenty or well, he found me. We're three years apart and we were put into the system when I was eight and he was five. I never liked nor understood why they split siblings but they do, unfortunately. He had it good. He found a family and I'm happy for him. He's doing some great things right now but he's all I've got." Jayden's expression had changed as he spoke about his childhood. It was one of hurt but Jayden never let his rough past define him now. He was doing well alone, working as a Sergeant in his dream city. It all worked out in the end. "I didn't mean for it to get really sad all of a sudden. I may have not found a family but I came out pretty good considering my past. I know my grandmother is out there somewhere. She always wanted to fight for custody but she never had the money to do it. I don't blame her for anything. I think if she were to see Andrew and I now, she would be proud."

In that moment, Amelia felt entirely guilty for not ever paying attention to Jayden. She couldn't imagine her life without the small family she had and the life Jayden lived was one she feared. Her biggest fear was being alone in the world and she couldn't understand how he came out as well as he did. Fighting her urge to cry she bit her tongue to distract herself from it. "I'm sure she would be, I'm sorry that happened to you, I hate when people say that to me, once they know everything, but I really do mean it. You made me feel like a jerk," she teased wiping her eyes before the tears escaped them. Taking a deep breath she looked to him and bit her lip. She normally never did what she was about to do but for some peculiar reason, she felt she could trust the man sitting across from her even though they just met after what he confessed to her about himself. "My grandparents, my mom, and my sister are all that I have really. My grandparents helped my mom raise my sister and me, my grandfather was a man on the force at home, that's why I give back to the station every chance I get, my mom's side of the family is sprawled all over the states so I only ever see them at Thanksgiving, I haven't spoken to what some would call family since I was sixteen, but that's a story for a different day."

Jayden watched as Amelia felt the many emotions she did. It upset him he made her cry. That wasn't the intention he had and he didn't even mean to let his foster care story slip. He sighed gently as he watched her and when he heard her story, he nodded. "I didn't mean to make you sad, Amelia," he said gently, smiling before he took her trash and went to throw it away. When he made his way back over, he smiled gently and sat back down. "So, how about I treat you to lunch? Unless you have work you need to tend to, that is," he said with a gentle smile, hoping he wasn't pushing his luck with the investigative journalist before him.

Last edited:
`"It's not your fault, one of my biggest flaws is that I am overly emotional about things," she explained watching him walk away and trot back to his sweet in a couple swift motions. Looking up at him, she stood from her seat, grabbing her purse from the arm of the chair. "I guess it depends on where you were planning on taking me because for once the day is mine. That's very unusual for me," she stated as they started walking off while she slipped her fingers into her front pockets, strolling at a slow pace, something else she wasn't used to, she was always in a hurry. When he asked her why she giggled at how naive he was. "Well, most of the time I'm working, and when I'm not, I spilt my off time between Florida and Texas. to spend time with Bel and the family. I hardly ever stay here on my free time. I wish I did, I love the city, I fell in love with it when my grandparents took me on a school trip here once. Ever since then, I knew I wanted to live here one day, but not for the long term."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back