• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Anchored for Love

Isabel laughed softly as she watched the pilot walk off again. She sighed softly as she looked at her phone and his photos, knowing exactly which ones to send him tomorrow. The night had been a great one and when she arrived home, she walked into the apartment and smiled as she noticed Amelia asleep on the couch, covering her with a blanket before she went to shower and change. She fell asleep that night with a smile plastered on her face and when the next morning came she was quick to make both her and Amelia coffee. She seemed to be floating on air and when she heard Amelia wake up, she handed her the cup of freshly made coffee. She then looked through the pictures and decided on which ones to send. "What?" She asked, noticing Amelia smiling at her.

Sighing dramatically Amelia rolled her eyes playfully. "Do not 'what?' me! I need the scoop!" she exclaimed taking a seat at the table. "What happened with you and the pilot?" she asked hinting towards her speculations while she sipped delicately on her coffee. "Someone's glowinggggggg," she teased. Amelia was happy for Bel she needed this kind of change in her life. She deserved it and she knew it was hard for her best friend to be alone here to chase her dream even though they both knew it was worth it, Bel was always more content when she was around people she loved because they were a big part of her life and Amelia understood that and she was sad that she had to leave in the evening. Amelia hated leaving her but she knew it would only be a matter of time before they made plans again. Setting down her mug she looked over to Bel who was being shy with the details. "Alright, I'll go first, while you were out with Mr. Know-It-All, Kyle, one of the photojournalists I have been paired with a couple times tried to swoon me with a congratulations to get me to go out with him. He's relentless."

Isabel laughed upon being told what she was regarding Kyle and how he wanted to take Amelia out on a date. She shook her head before she sipped her coffee and grinned. "I never pegged you to date another journalist," sticking out her tongue, Isabel began to make breakfast. She was glowing, she could tell herself and when Amelia would not stop asking for the scoop, Isabel obliged to what she wanted to know. "Okay okay, I'll tell you. He caved first, so that's a win," chuckling, Bel continued. "And we had a nice talk. Very nice night overall. Got to know each other more. He got the tab before I could and then he asked me to send him some of the shots I have of him. He has a place to hang them but refuses to tell me where," sighing shebcontined contently, "That's it really. He has another show here today before he leaves out to Jacksonville then Seattle."

"Awwwe he sounds very gentlemen-like. But Jacksonville is gross. I would tell him to skip that." Amelia lived right outside of Jacksonville in college and nothing good ever happened there. It was a high-crime city and the people weren't very nice. She never liked going there and did everything she could to avoid it. "Well I am glad you had a nice night and he didn't turn out to be a douche, saves me from having to kick someone's ass before I leave tonight. When are you going to see him again?" She asked as she silenced her phone, she was getting annoyed with Kyle and inability to get the hint that she wasn't interested. He was clingy and she always hated people who were. However, when she looked at the screen she was confused to see a text from her neighbor asking for her help and she quickly texted him a reply.

"Hey Nick! I am in Dallas right now, but I'll be home tonight. What did you need?"

Isabel laughed at Amelia's eagerness for the journalist and pilot to got out again. "I'm not sure when we will, Amelia. He does travel and so do I. Our schedules may never work in our favor but when we do decided to go out again, I'll let you know," assuring Amelia she looked through the shots, picking just the ones she thought Dawson would like before sending them to him. She decided to go with the one where he was in the plane, giving out the "hang loose" sign.

"Morning Six,

Attached are those shots you requested. Enjoy them.

Have a safe flight today!"

After sending the text, she sighed softly and looked at Amelia who was on her phone. "What's up?" She asked curiously.

Nick and Jayden had just finished up with a call but took the child with them back to the station. It was needed considering her parents her addicted to heroin and not in the right mind frame to care for her. The entire time the little girl was mute, not uttering a sound or word and that worried Jayden. Jayden always had a heart for the children. Nick saw the little girl who was now sitting in Jayden's office making signs with her fingers and that's when it clicked. Nick decided to text and see if Amelia was in town. They all could use her help right now.

"We have a little girl here and we aren't sure what her name is because she's deaf. Everyone thought maybe she was just mute considering the situation with her parents but I noticed her signing while sitting in Jayden's office. I was wondering if you could come down and help us out."

Amelia's heart jumped at the information Nick told her and she knew she had to help but she didn't want the girl to sit there for hours without any means to communicate until Amelia was able to make it into the department. She knew how important this situation must be for whoever was working the case so they could find who they were looking for. Nevermind the fact that ASL translators were scarce and difficult to find on short notice. Biting her lip Amelia texted back quickly again. "Facetime me." While she waited she turned to Bel. "Nick needs me to translate for him," she said simply for right now, answering his call right away and smiling at him. Waiting for him to show her the girl, she smiled when she saw her, she was adorable, but it upset Amelia that she looked so afraid. Her body language was tense and you could tell she had been in some distress. Waving to her Amelia introduced herself in sign in hopes it would relax the little girl and make her more willing to communicate. "Hi beautiful, my name is Amelia. What's yours?" She asked her simply, her smile cascading across her face when she saw the little girl's eyes light up when she realized someone could understand her. She signed back happily.

"C-A-I-T-L-Y-N"

Amelia nodded in satisfaction and spoke to Nick, signing what she said as she spoke. "Her name is Caitlyn."

Before Nick could ask his next question, Amelia gave her attention back to Caitlyn who was curious to know the name of the two officers she was in the room with and Amelia happily replied with Nick's name. "Who else is in the room with you, Nick? She asked his name." Amelia obviously couldn't see who all was in the room considering the phone wasn't facing everyone.

Meanwhile, Dawson got the pictures and was pleased with the ones Isabel picked. He was excited to hang them in his office.

"As I suspected you did a better job picking them out then me. I really liked the last one, and I always fly safe. Have a good day and stay out of the Whiskey."

Nick was thankful for Amelia and her ability to translate in situations like this. Finding a translator at the last minute never worked out for the station because they were so scarce and Nick watched with a smile as the little girl seemed to get excited when she noticed Amelia was able to communicate with her. He saw the relief in Jayden's face and when Amelia asked who else was in the room, Jayden walked closer and smiled at the little girl who reached for his hand.

"Jayden's in the room with us, Amelia." Nick said to which he watched the little girls face brighten at knowing the other officer's name. She didn't let go of Jayden's hand anytime soon and Jayden thought it was cute while Nick asked Amelia to translate the questions they needed to know.

Isabel smiled as she watched Amelia and left her to help those who needed her, going out to her patio and smiling at the text she received from Dawson. He was a sweet man and she couldn't wait till they met up again.

"I'm glad you like them. I better get all the credit for those shots, Six. I'll stay out of the Whiskey but not the wine"

Amelia continued to translate for Nick and couldn't help but laugh when she realized how spunky Caitlyn was. She was precious and hanging onto Jayden for dear life, only letting go of him when she needed to sign back to Amelia. When "She likes you," Amelia said to Jayden, laughing when Caitlyn hid her face in Jayden's chest at what Amelia said. For a little girl who expereiced something so traumatizing, Caitlyn had a gentle spirit and that melted Amelia's heart. When Caitlyn looked to Amelia again Amelia asked her what she wanted for dinner later, the little girl signed back ice cream. Amelia nodded and told her she would see her later and promised to bring her ice cream.

"I think I am going to take all the credit, it only seems logical don't ya think?" Dawson replied playfully before he started getting ready for his travels.

Jayden smiled softly when Amelia told him Caitlyn like him, his smile only brightening when the little girl hid her face in Jayden's chest. Jayden would always be a softie with children and he was glad Caitlyn felt comfortable around him. Nick thanked Amelia for helping and smiled when the little girl waved bye to the journalist. When Nick ended the FaceTime, Caitlyn watched Jayden curiously as he walked to his desk to work on a file but when he felt her make way to his lap and curl against him, Jayden smiled and watched the once traumatized girl fall asleep. "She's spunky," he said softly, looking at Nick with a smile. "So Amelia, she your girlfriend?"

Isabel was sitting at the table, eating her breakfast. When she heard her phone go off once again, she smiled as she read the texting.

"Mm, just because you have a pretty face doesn't mean you're what made MY shots wonderful."

Looking up at Amelia with a glowing expression, she smiled. "Everything alright?" She asked her with concern, wondering what happened.

At Jayden's question Nick the himself into a fit of laugher. "Defiantly not, she's just my neighbor, we've been friends since she moved here. Why are you asking?"

When Amelia hung up the phone she walked over to Bel and smiled, resting her hand over her chin and nodded. "I just had to translate for a little girl who's parents are not fit to care for her at all," she said shaking her head. She felt for Caitlyn because she endured similar situatioks growing up. "But she's in good hands now. I promised her ice cream tonight. I hope Nick can do something so she doesn't have to end up with someone who can't communicate with her, she doesn't speak at all."

Last edited:
"Because you could use a girlfriend, Nick," winking Jayden looked back down at the little girl who was sleeping and smiled, sighing softly. He wished the little girl didn't have to go into foster care. Jayden knew what that was like until he stumbled upon a good enough family to care for him. He sighed as he looked at Nick and smiled weakly. "I wish she didn't have to go through the system," he said gently before biting his lip. "I can only hope she'll land in a good enough family eventually. Can you see if we can get someone in here to communicate with her for the mean time? Until Amelia comes at least."

"I'm sure Nick will find someone who can communicate with her," Bel assured her best friend, smiling before she stood up and kissed her cheek. "I'm going to miss you but we'll meet up soon again, right?" She asked with a hopeful expression. She didn't want to keep Amelia knowing the little girl needed someone to communicate with. She must have been precious.

"We can try but I don't think anyone will get here before Amelia does," Nick explained walking out to try and find someone at the sargent's request. Nick knew his friend was taking this case personally and that only made Nick want to help Jayden even more. He has worked hard to protect the city they served, the kids especially. It was no secret that Jayden wanted kids of his own one day.

Taking Bel into a hug Amelia nodded. "I'm sure we'll try, I'm sorry it was only the weekend this time, I'll make better accommodations next time." Amelia enjoyed her breakfast with Bel before she packed up all her things and took her to a movie before they parted ways for now. By the time Amelia landed back in D.C. She was exhausted but texted Bel to let her know she made it back okay, followed by Nick who she told she would be there as soon as possible. Leaving the airport, she dropped her things at home and changed into clothes that didn't make her feel gross after her travels. She was relived to know they still had Caitlyn for now, so she rushed to the station with her favorite ice cream as promised, but being the woman she was she picked the little girl up some dinner as well. When she arrived she waited for Nick to walk her up, following after him she smiled when she stepped into the room and saw the little girl she Facetimed earlier. "How are you?" She signed to her curiously while she set down all her things. "I brought you something, are you hungry? We'll eat dessert first!" Even though the room was silent, Amelia enjoyed the conversation. She found ASL to be a beautiful language because it really showcased people's personalities better than any language she had ever encountered and she loved that.

Last edited:
When Amelia arrived to the station, Jayden smiled softly when he walked over and saw the little girl having a conversation with the woman in front of her. When they sat down to eat their desert, Jayden caught himself watching Amelia closely, admiring how well she and Caitlyn were conversing though the room was silent. Caitlyn appreciated having Amelia there with her. She never liked being with people who couldn't communicate with her. She had been tense but her nap with Jayden was a good one and she felt comfortable around him. "Ice cream!" Caitlyn signed excitedly, her entire face lighting up before she grabbed the pint and the spoon Amelia offered, digging in quickly and happily. She looked around the room and noticed Jayden had left. This caused Caitlyn to become curious and she looked at Nick before she looked back at Amelia. "Where is Jayden?" She signed innocently, becoming worried when she didn't find him. By her body language it was easy to see she tenses up slightly. "Is he okay?" She signed once again before she continued eating her ice cream.

Amelia looked to Caitlyn and saw how quickly she tended up after Jayden left the room. Keeping a relaxed expression she reassured the little girl the officer was okay. "Jayden's okay, he's working." She explained gently, opening the dinner she brought. "He'll be right back." Looking at the girl something clicked for Amelia, she had to have more than just her parents. They weren't capable to teach her sign and more than likely didn't care to learn themselves which meant they didn't normally care for their daughter. At the realization Amelia gasped, tapping Caitlyn in urgency. "Who taught you sign? Do you live with them?"

Caitlyn was able to relax after she was reassured Jayden was alright and simply just working. She was enjoying her ice cream and when she was given her dinner, Caitlyn's stomach growled. She was being treated so well here compared to being at home with her parents. She always looked forward to the weekends because she went with her grandparents who treated her better than anyone else. She missed them and wondered why she wasn't able to go with them this weekend. Caitlyn began to eat her chicken nuggets happily before she looked up at at Amelia's tap and looked at her curiously. "My grandparents taught me sign. I do not live with them," she explained, shaking her head at the last part. "I go with them on the weekends." By now, Jayden walked back into his office and smiled at Caitlyn, going to sit next to her and watched her move closer to Jayden. It was always hard for Jayden when it came to children especially in Caitlyn's case. "Tell Jayden he can have some of my food. He hasn't eaten all day," Caitlyn said with worry and Jayden watched her sign to Amelia curiously, looking up at the journalist with his gentle blue eyes. "What did she say?" He asked and upon being told he smiled and shook his head. "Tell her I'm okay and that she needs to eat so she can keep growing," he said softly, thanking Amelia in the process for her being here.

Amelia was overwhelmed by how sweet Caitlyn was despite everything she seemed to go through in her life and she attached herself to Jayden rather quickly. Turning to Jayden she told him what she said and smiled at his response. She let the silence linger for a moment before she spoke again. "She said that her grandparents taught her sign and she spends the weekends with them. I'm sure if they knew what was going on they would take her so she doesn't have to spend the night in a mysterious place where she probably won't be able to talk to anyone." Turning back to Caitlyn she asked the girl if she knew her grandparents phone number. Amelia was going to do everything she could to ensure Caitlyn would go home to someone who could care for her and treat her they way she deserved to be treated.

Jayden enjoyed the silence as he watched Caitlyn eat her dinner happily. Jayden was glad she was. He had bought her pizza for lunch and she seemed to really enjoy it just like she was enjoying the chicken nuggets Amelia got her. When he heard what Amelia said, Jayden listened closely before he nodded. "That's good to hear. I never wanted her to get put into the system," sighing softly, Jayden watched Caitlyn sign her grandparents number for Amelia before he stood up and went to his phone, calling her grandparents and letting them know what happened. Hearing what the grandmother had to say broke Jayden's heart. Caitlyn's grandfather suffered a minor stroke which is why they weren't able to pick her up this weekend but Josie, Caitlyn's grandmother, was on the way to pick Caitlyn up now. Hanging up the phone he watched Amelia and Caitlyn with a smile before he met Amelia's gaze. Jayden smiled at her before he spoke. "Caitlyn's grandmother is on the way. She feels terrible they weren't able to pick her up this weekend but Caitlyn's grandfather suffered from a minor stroke," biting his lip, Jayden watched Caitlyn throw away her food before she went to Jayden's side and held his hand. He smiled at her before looking at Amelia. "Thank you for being here."

When Jayden spoke, Amelia listened intently, careful not to let her expression give away how she was feeling so Caitlyn wouldn't notice. When Caitlyn looked to Amelia for her to translate what Jayden said and she wasn't sure what to stay at first but she decided to just relay the good news. If her grandmother wanted Caitlyn to know what happened she would tell her, it wasn't Amelia's place to do so. "Your grandma will be here soon," Amelia signed with a bright smile as she watched Caitlyn make her way back to Jayden. Looking up at Jayden, Amelia nodded. "Of course, I wanted to help. I'm glad she has someone to take care of her." By then Nick walked back in the room with the dinner Amelia ordered the men after their long day's work. She never missed an opportunity to do something nice for someone when she had the means to do so because it was something she lacked growing up.

Jayden smiled at Amelia's response, nodding he looked at Caitlyn who watched Nick eat happily before she laughed for the first time when Nick made faces. Jayden was happy Caitlyn wouldn't have to go into the system now and that made Jayden content. When Nick offered Jayden some of the food, Jayden obliged, sighing contently as he ate the food before looking to Amelia. "Thank you for bringing the station food. It's been a busy day for all of us," Nick said with a gentle smile to which Jayden smiled and nodded as well. "Agreed. I'm sure the rest of the men really appreciate it."

Amelia couldn't help but laugh at Caitlyn's giggles. "Nick's silly," she signed before she turned back to the men and smiled softly to their thanks. "Y'all deserve it," she whispered with an innocent grin keeping her amusement to herself when they heard her revert back to her southern roots, Shortly after, Caitlyn's grandma arrived and Amelia was pleased to watch their reunion and remained humble in efforts when Julie thanked her for coming to help break the communication barrier and being so kind to Caitlyn since she didn't experience too much of that in her life. "I was happy to help, she's a sweet girl," Amelia signed before she hugged Caitlyn in farewell. Once Amelia knew Caitlyn was going home to a safe place she gathered her things to go home. "Have a nice night, hopefully, both of you go home soon," she said eyeing Nick and Jayden.

Jayden smiled at Amelia as she got ready to leave and nodded. "Unfortunately Nick and I have to cover the night shift but thank you again. Have a good rest of your night, Amelia," smiling sweetly Jayden watched as she left and looked at Nick when he grinned. "What?" Jayden asked him curiously before he shook his head. "I know what you're thinking and I, I don't have an attraction to her." In reality he was attracted to Amelia but he would never say.

"Really? Because normally you don't stop to watch a translator translate," Nick replied matter-of-factly. "And it makes sense, that's why you asked me if we were seeing each other, but I hate to burst your bubble, Amelia, she's, different. She's a very headstrong woman who knows what she wants and has lost a lot more than any of us because of it. She's not looking for anything right now, or ever, I think. Don't mistake her kindness for her being dainty. She's fierce, but a good friend but if you want her, which you can lie through your teeth all night, I won't believe you don't because i know you, you're going to have to fight for her and fight hard. Her walls are anchored pretty deep."

Jayden listened to his best friend give him a major pep talk that was needed. He sighed softly as he looked at him and nodded. "Well, I guess it's time to fight. I might as well not lie since you see right through me," shrugging Jayden stood up again and went to get another water from the break room. "Oh and Nick, let's not tell Amelia about my attraction to her. Let's keep that between us as I fight for her." Jayden was determined to make an impression on amelia and he didn't care how hard and long he had to fight. There was something about Amelia that intrigued him and he wanted to get to know her more.

Nick peeked his head up at Jayden's request. "What's the fun in that?" he teased, chucking at Jayden's glare. "I'm kidding, even if I told her, it wouldn't make a difference. She's oblivious to that kind of thing, if you couldn't tell, she didn't say anything about you staring at her for five minutes," Nick pointed out following Jayden out of his office and into the break room before they started their night shift.

"I'll have you know, I wasn't staring," Rolling his eyes, Jayden drank the entire bottle of water before grabbing him a cup of coffee and sighed contently as he drank it black with three packets of sugar. That's how he liked it and when Nick made a face of disgust, Jayden laughed. "What? At least mine actually has caffeine instead of just being milk and sugar," laughing Jayden walked out of the break room, back to his office to do paperwork as their night shift started. It seemed to be a slow night which was good for both officers. Jayden was looking forward to going home and sleeping when their night shift was over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back