• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Anchored by Love: Draft Three

"You won't be taking up my day, Amelia." I said gently, continuing to hold her arm as I thought about where to take her, what I could possibly say to let her know I understood her pain. You know what to say. I just didn't want to talk about the past. I didn't want to tell Amelia about Eve or the son I would have had now. Granted, Eve and I more than likely wouldn't have worked out but I would have done everything for my son. Releasing a deep sigh, I bit my lip before taking a chance, cupping her face as my thumbs wiped away her tears. "Look at me." I whispered gently before smiling as gently as I could, "It's not a stupid reason to cry. I know what you're thinking of by how quick you were to push me away. Amelia, I need to tell you something. Let me help you get through this because I know what you're going through. I know what you're feeling." My voice was almost inaudible. I hadn't spoken to anyone about Eve ever since it happened but maybe Amelia and I both needed this. Maybe that's why I just so happened to be here, in her presence, at this very moment. When I saw her eyes land on my face with concern, I smiled softly again, not showing my weakness. "I lost my son in high school. It was my senior year and yes I had plans for my life but I was ready to own up and give my son the best life he could have. Eve didn't agree with that. She wanted to live her life and viewed our son as a mistake. Something that shouldn't have happened and was all my fault." Keep going. Let it out. She'll know after this it's why you truly left Chicago. "She killed him. She drank, smoked, partied it up one night with her friends in hopes it would kill him, and it did. I know what you're feeling. Let me be there for you through this. I went through it alone and I don't want that for you." Releasing her face gently, I took her hand. "I'll walk you to your car and follow you home to make sure you get there safely, unless you had plans. I'm free for the day and you need someone with you. If you want me to, I'll stay."

During my few encounters with Jayden, I learned his subtle touches of affection were just a part of his gentle personality. Or so I thought, in that moment when he cupped my face to wipe away my tears with his unusually soft hands. My grandpa's hands were always rough and I contributed to his work as an officer, they used their hands to do a lot but now I wasn't so sure. Normally, because Jayden wasn't part of my close inner circle I would have pulled away from his touch, feeling it was too intimate but I found an undeniable comfort in it and if I was to do anything, I wanted to take him in a hug, but I refrained. His soft tone made me catch my breath and look him straight in his blue eyes that caught my attention the first time I saw them. Nodding in submission, I listened to what the officer had to say and only became more distraught at the thought of Jayden feeling what I was feeling right now when he was so young and had the whole world ahead of him. I couldn't understand in my grief for both of us why the world would be so cruel to create such empty people like Nick and Eve, who would deliberately create such a tragedy in their own selfishness. When I heard Jayden lose his voice, I let go of my own pity and gave into the hug. I wanted to comfort him. "I'm sorry, Jayden. It wasn't your fault. It was out of your control. Everything happens for a reason, even if you don't want to understand what that reason is at first." When he took my hand, I felt the anxiety that was pulsating through me wash itself away. I knew now, I found comfort in Jayden and I didn't want to let that go. Pulling my head away from his chest, I distanced us again and nodded. "You don't have to follow me, I'm okay now, thank you." Stop being so quick to push him away he means well. It won't kill you to not be on your guard for once, he's not a bad person. There's nothing to protect yourself from this time. Let him in. "But I was going to go get lunch if you had any suggestions or wanted to come with. I don't have anywhere to be today. Shocker right?"

Last edited:
The hug from Amelia was comforting and something I needed in that moment of weakness. She didn't reject my presence and I was relieved she didn't. I only wanted to help her through the grief since I was the only other person who knew what that felt like. It was one thing to have a natural miscarriage, but it was another to have a person take that blessing away from you. Smiling at her when she distanced us once more, I felt my heart racing. She let me in. The beautiful woman standing before me finally let me in. I promised myself I wouldn't hurt her. Chuckling at what she told me, I nodded. "That is a shocker. I was just about to grab coffee but lunch with you sounds much better. Where do you want to go? Anywhere downtown that catches your attention?" I asked her softly, my hand not letting go of hers as she directed me to a place downtown. I was thankful I got off from my shift when I did. I couldn't imagine doing anything else in this moment besides being here with Amelia.

Last edited:
My friendship with Jayden was starting out just as it had with Isabel. All we did was converse over food, Mind you, I wasn't complaining because I found it to be a pleasant past time and gave me the opportunity to be exposed to new things in a somewhat comfortable setting. "Do you like Italian?" I asked curiously, I agreed to bring Isabel to the same place I was about to jake Jayden, but going there twice in the span of two days was not a dilemma for me, I would never refuse Italian food. It was a personal favorite. Once we were seated and I ordered the usual drink of choice, sweet tea, I looked over to Jayden, folding the corner of my paper napkin to distract myself from his mesmerizing eyes. When he caught me I just shook my head, grinning down at the table. "Nothing, you just have prepossessing eyes, I guess it's my turn to boost your ego?" Looking up I giggled at how girlish that sounded but shrugged it off to myself. "I always wanted blue eyes, but I didn't get so lucky to keep them."

My friendship with Amelia was something I was always going to be thankful for. She was genuinely such an amazing person with a gentle heart. She was always putting others before herself and I knew she had always been like that. I found it to be beautiful she always wanted to help others with their struggles and when it came to her work, she always did her best to make sure everyone was heard. "I love Italian." I replied gently, following her to the Italian restaurant a few blocks from us. It was the best one in this area. Sitting down I ordered a sweet tea to drink, watching Amelia curiously. She was trying to distract herself from looking at me and I immediately thought I did something wrong. "What is it?" When her eyes met mine as she looked up again, I chuckled as her infectious giggle filled the room. She was so beautiful. "Awe, I'm flattered but I have to say your eyes are mesmerizing themselves. Blue eyes are overrated. Yours took my breath away the first time I saw you." I smiled softly at her, knowing what I said would make her blush but she was so cute when she did. "What're you eating? I'm not sure what I want." Just then, our waiter came to give us our drinks. After thanking him, he walked away to give us more time to look over the menu, while I sipped my sweet tea contently. I needed some form of caffeine.

"Can you ever just take a compliment without giving me cheesy flattery?" I challenged sipping my sweet tea the moment it was set in front of me, already anticipating its taste. Being the southerner I was, I was starting to suffer from withdrawals. When Jayden asked what I was getting, I knew my eyes lit up because I nearly got the same thing every time. "The chicken parm is to die for," I said over dramatically before going back to sipping on my tea. I was pleased to see how the south had already touched Jayden in his drink tastes but I decided not to tease him too much at once, we weren't;t there yet and he just helped me through one of my typical emotional breakdowns and I was still embarrassed about it. He had a way of catching me in my few moments of vulnerability and I didn't like it. For the most part, he was still a mystery to me and I was only vulnerable with those I knew better than myself. I remembered then Jayden was looking for coffee when I rudely interrupted his caffeine trip. "The coffee here is good too if you like a rich and strong blend. It's not for the weak-hearted that's for sure. Black coffee goes straight to the soul ya know?"

She noticed I needed a caffeine fix. She's sweet. I smiled at the journalist who informed me about the coffee here. I had no doubt the coffee was as rich and strong as she said. This restaurant seemed to be as authentic as it could get here in Dallas and I assumed the coffee was Italian. "It sure does go straight to the soul. It sounds tempting but I think I'll survive off this sweet tea." She was so precious and I just wanted to make sure no one ever hurt her again. She didn't deserve to be treated so horribly when she treated others the way she did. When our waiter came back and polietly asked for our order, I put down my glass of sweet tea before letting Amelia order first, ordering the same thing she did. I was anticipating how the chicken parm was going to taste. "So, Journalist, how long have you been in the area? Do you like it here? You fit in here more than I do. You're actually a Southerner and not a Yankee like I am."

"Yes, I like it here. I've lived here for a little over two years if you count the internship I did, but I spent a few summers here as a kid but it's not going to be a permanent arrangement. I'm trying to line a job up for this time next year. How long have you been here? I'm still confused as to why you picked Texas of all places to look for a new start. Are you going to stay here?" I was far too curious now and had to stop myself from digging too deep into Jayden because I didn't want to make him uncomfortable. I was letting my journalism persona appear. "What do you want to do, Jayden? Do you want to work your way up or are you comfortable with where you are?" I wasn't sure where Jayden best fir on he force because I still didn't know much about him but something about him hinted to be that we could be ambitious in his career goals just as I was.

Amelia had been here for two years. That was useful information but I was intrigued. She said this wasn't permanent, neither was my staying in Dallas. Smiling at her questions I knew she was reaching into her journalism persona. Some may have found the questions too personal and make them uncomfortable but I didn't mind. I knew she was curious as to why a northerner like myself decided to move to Texas, the most southern state there was. "Well, I have been here for around four years now, going to be five pretty soon. I picked Texas because it was the farthest place to get away from Chicago, if I'm being honest." Shrugging my shoulders, I smiled gently at her to assure her I was alright. "You're asking quite the questions today, Amelia. I am currently a Lieutenant at the Dallas PD. I am absolutely not comfortable where I am and my goal is to move up the ranks, however, I don't plan on staying in Dallas forever. Ultimately, I want to be the Chief of the D.C. police department. What about you, Amelia? What job do you have lined up for this time next year?"

Blinking at Jayden's reply I withheld my gasp. I just smiled knowingly at him when he reported my questions. By now our food arrived at the table and i set the thick cloth napkin in my lap while I answered. "Nothing permanent yet, just applying everywhere of interest. The AP was just me trying to get my foot in the door, eventually, I want to be an international correspondent but I need a few more years of experience before I can be considered for an overseas position. I don't mind though, the more experience in different newsrooms the better. I'm happy with the progress so far though it seemed like a never-ending ride through Hell to get here. Sometimes I still have to catch myself when I ask if it was all worth it in the end." Sighing, I stopped myself from delving into my negative thoughts, eating my chicken contently. I was enjoying lunch, though I didn't expect the conversation to go the way it was. Jayden intrigued me.

Amelia was by far the most interesting woman I had ever met. I wanted to learn as much as I could about her and I wanted to be her friend. I actually wanted to be more than that but I would be just as content as her friend. “I see. You have done a lot from what I’ve seen but being an international correspondent sounds intriguing. I pegged you for wanting to go abroad and I hope one day you get there. If anyone deserves it you do.” The chicken was amazing. It was a good thing I listened to Amelia’s recommendation by ordering this. My go to Italian meal was Lasagna but the chicken was something that would soon become my favorite. “Any particular city you want to work in? Are you wanting to stay in the south or move up north?”

Laughing at Jayden's question I nodded, "I'm hoping to work for the Washington Post if it all works out. That's my dream job and i swear you had nothing to do with it in the last five minutes," I teased while the two of us enjoyed our lunch together. By the end of it I Jayden more about myself than I anticipated. He knew where I grew up, who I grew up with, how I met Isabel, what I hoped to achieve with her in the long run and a few of my quirky interests. Things like my avid love for baseball and my obsessive coffee mug collection I took to much pride in, and of course,my love for dogs, He now had a bigger picture of who I was. I hoped in his eyes I was more than just the victim he saved from a person neither one of us recognized and preferred not to think about. "Well thank you for having lunch with me, I'm glad the chicken parm won you over, it's my favorite for sure. Mine's better though," I made sure to whisper the last part, not wanting to offend anyone who might hear if I said it out in the open. "What are you doing the rest of the afternoon?"

At the end of lunch, I knew a lot more about Amelia than I anticipated. She was really such a caring person and I loved that about her. With much more of her personal background now in mind, I was able to fully understand her and respect her. She was the strongest woman I have met and her independence spoke volumes about who she was as a person. It wouldn't have been fair if I didn't give her any insight on myself, so I answered every question she asked with no filter. By the end of our lovely luncheon, she knew why I left Chicago, who I hung out with majority of my youth and the fact that I was a hardcore baseball player in high school. "One day you'll have to make me some of your chicken parm so I can see if yours is really better." I said, winking playfully before I chuckled. "I'm not sure what I'm doing the rest of the afternoon. I don't have to go into work today. What about you? What are you doing this afternoon?"

Shrugging my shoulders I stood from the booth and pulled my keys from my bag, running my hand through my ponytail. "I didn't have plans for the rest of the day. I did everything that needed to be done before I ran into you, literally. But I do need to go home and check on my puppy, she's a home wrecker and there's no telling what's she's chewed through while I've been gone. I'll probably take her somewhere for a walk since I haven't had the time this week and she needs to burn off some energy.I don't want her to go crazy when she meets another dog tomorrow. Did you want to come with?" I hoped my voice didn't give away that I didn't want Jayden to go. Now that we started talking, I realized how much I isolated myself since I moved here. I had a few friends from work, but no one who knew me that well on a personal level and Isabel had her own life that I didn't expect her to change when I moved here. I just wanted to be present in her life when it mattered.

I didn't want to intrude on Amelia's afternoon by tagging along with her, though seeing her puppy would have been nice. I always wanted to another dog but I'm always at work and no one is at home to help care for the dog. Maybe one day I'll get another one but for now it was a solid no. Smiling, I stood up after Amelia, shaking my head politely when she asked if I wanted to come along. "I'll pass on tagging along, although your puppy is a cute one. She's precious from the pictures you showed me. Be safe today and enjoy your time off. It doesn't happen often. I should get home and try to get some sleep." I opened the car door for her, smiling when she got in, closing it behind her. "I'll see ya around." I let her leave the parking lot before I retreated back to the comfort of my car, getting in I released a content sigh. The smile on my face lasted for the entire day, even when I slept. My time with Amelia was something I enjoyed and would always enjoy.

~

Friday was finally here. After I attended my classes I was going to head out to Dallas and crash at Amelia's apartment. I was excited for her to meet Apollo but I was nervous about how Jade would react to him. I hoped the two of them would get along with one another.

When I finished with my classes, I walked to my car with my phone in hand, going to mine and Amelia's text thread where I typed out a message to send her. "Just finished for the day. Heading out soon. I'm craving some bomb ass Italian." After hitting send, I was able to focus what song was playing through my headphones. The Hamilton soundtrack never got old and as Non Stop played, I softly sung along. Listening to music made the walk to my car feel shorter than what it was. When I got to my car, I threw my backpack in the back seat, letting my phone connect to bluetooth before I drove away from campus, arriving to my apartment where Apollo greeted me excitedly at the front door. "Hi baby. Did you behave while I was away?" I asked him, going to my room where I grabbed the bag I had already packed for the weekend, helping Apollo into his cage.

As I drove to Dallas, I thought about all the homework assignments I needed to finish this weekend. There was so much work that needed to be done and it made me miss the workload I had during Freshman year. I was almost to the end and I just needed to keep pushing. When I arrived at Amelia's apartment, I grabbed my backpack, sleep over bag and Apollo's cage, locking the car before letting myself into her apartment, giggling when Jade yipped by my feet. "Hi there love. Aren't you the cutest pupper I've ever seen. Where's ya momma?"

"Hiding from you," I called teasingly, walking out of my room where I was laying in bed filling out more applications. I definitely felt after everything that happened in the past few months it was time for me to start a new chapter soon, part of me felt guilty because Isabel was just getting used to me being close, but I knew she wouldn't stop me either. I wanted to stay until she graduated, but depending on the opportunity that arose from all my applying, I knew I might be entering a difficult crossroad. "How was class?" I aked with a smile, helping Isabel set everything down to take her into a hug, giggling at Apollo's wanna be aggressive yips. "Well hello to you too, handsome, it's nice to meet ya. You're cuter in person." Taking the puppy from his cage, I craddled him in my arms away from the pup that was bigger than him and giggled at his excited puppy kisses. "You're so fluffy!" I exclaimed dramatically. "I don't know if I can let ya leave here."

Taking Amelia into a hug after dropping all the bags to the floor, I smiled gently as Amelia reached for Apollo. "Class was the same. It's mainly just lectures now. Our portfolio's are finished and ready to be used but I'm still fixing up my website. I still can't believe I have my own domain." I said with a gentle smile, giggling softly at what she told Apollo who was so excited to meet a new person and be in her arms. "Aren't ya spoiled already." I said with a shake of my head, "You can't keep him here. He's all mine but I can bring him when I come visit." I looked down to Jade who barked for attention. She kept eyeing Apollo who was still in her owners arms. "I think Jade doesn't enjoying Apollo getting all your attention." I told Amelia gently, reaching down to take Jade in my arms, giggling at her excited kisses. She was so happy to finally have some form of attention. "Are y'all going to be nice to each other? I hope y'all do because we will be together for the entire weekend."

"They'll be fine," I insisted, placing Apollo back on his paws for the two to meet. It wasn't long after the two were playing with each other in the living room while I helped Isabel carry her things to my room. "You can sleep in here tonight since I changed the sheets for you and I leave Sunday morning instead of Monday for the trial. I'm going to take a shower before we get dinner." Forgetting about my laptop, I left it open on the side of the bed Isabel claimed for herself while I went to find clothes suitable for our night out together. "Are you sure you still want Italian?" I asked, deciding on a new pair of light jeans and a dark green sweater. It was one of my favorite casual outfits, though the jeans were new, they were the same pair I wore with the sweater before the other pair faded. "Is there anything else you wanted to do?"

I was excited to have Amelia’s bed for the week. There was just something about her bed that was relaxing. Making myself at home, I stretched out on her bed, noticing her laptop was still open. Being who I am I naturally snooped a bit, biting my lip when I saw what was on the screen. Amelia was trying to find another job? I wasn’t upset about it but she hadn’t mentioned it to me. Pulling myself out of my daze I smiled when she called out to me. “Yes ma’am. Italian or we can go get grilled cheese at the Dallas Grilled Cheese Company.” I responded, smiling as I closed my eyes. “Hm, I’m not entirely sure. Maybe we can go to the mall just because? Or we can go watch a movie!”

"If you're awake by the time I get out of the shower we can do whatever you decide," I shouted throwing a pillow in her direction before I darted for the shower. As embarrassing as it was, I hadn't moved much from my bed since i got back from lunch with Jayden yesterday. I spent more time wondering about him than I wanted to admit, and even more frightening, I found myself pondering when I could see him again, becoming excited at the thought of getting to get to know him more. I was disappointed about his decline to follow me home yesterday, but I didn't let it hurt me too much because I knew he just finished a shift when we ran into each other and he needed his sleep. He again, consumed my thoughts in my shower as I wondered what number he was when he played baseball and if he ever really wanted to leave Chicago or just felt inclined to because he was heartbroken and wanted to get away from Eve, just as I did when I ran to Florida to get away from Nick and the reality of his sadistic actions. I worried for Jayden, mostly because he reminded me of myself in the way he kept all his sorrows to himself while he silently came to terms with them. He must feel just as alone as I do. Especially now that he doesn't even have Nick to keep him company in his solace and Nick is not anyone Jayden thought he was. Oh God. I thought as I ran my hands through my soaked hair, now a heavy wet mass on my shoulders as I combed the conditioner through it with my fingers. Sighing, I hurried out of the shower, not wanting to be consumed by my thoughts anymore.

Twenty minutes later, I reappeared in the bedroom to find Jade and Apollo in the bed with Isabel. Walking over, I took Jade in my arms and kissed her face. "What did I tell you about getting up here Miss Priss?"

Those twenty minutes were more than enough for me to get a nap in, which I did. The minute she tossed me a pillow, I curled into a ball and began to fall asleep, feeling extra warmth. I knew it had to the puppers which I didn't mind. The entire time I was here I would probably sleep with them in bed, as long as Amelia was okay with it. I woke up when I heard her voice and saw her take Jade into her arms with a smile. "Shh, I let her come up here with me." I told her gently before I giggled, hugging Apollo close against me with a yawn. "Let's go get dinner. That nap was more than enough for now. After we eat we should just walk downtown, enjoy the scenery." I told her softly, sitting up on the bed as I stretched my arms out. I should tell her I saw what was on her laptop. Maybe after dinner. I wish she would've mentioned it but I don't feel like talking about it today. Maybe later. Smiling when she tried to get my attention, I stood up. "Apollo, get off of Amelia's bed now." I said to my pupper gently, taking him in my arms before setting him down on the floor. "Go play with Jade. I promise we'll be back later tonight."

"Will we be though?" I asked only to pull Isabel's leg for being so sure about where we would end up by the end of the night. The truth was, we were pretty predictable in our going out routines, though it depended on what we were doing. I was looking forward to our night together though, I was eager to get my mind off of Jayden and trying to find a new position. They were both topics of conversation that took up to much of my thoughts lately. "Did you decide on grilled cheese or Italian?" I asked, slipping on a pair of knee-high-fawn-colored boots. I was fine with either option even though I just had Italian the day before. Stop thinking about him, you're with Isabel. "Wine sounds nice so my vote is more towards the Italian option." Watching Jade and Apollo run out of the room behind the two of us, I shook my head at how fast Jade playfully pummeled Apollo to the ground. "Jade! Easy! He's little!" I exclaimed before Apollo snapped on Jade's floppy ear and I couldn't help but laugh at Apollo standing his ground to his new playmate. When Jade looked up at the humans after being assaulted I was still laughing. "See, be nice, Apollo will kick your ass." I wasn't worried about the two because I knew they were just playing with each other.

When the Isabel and I arrived at the same Italian restaurant I took Jayden to the day before I was quick to order my first glass of wine and shrugged when she asked if I was okay. "Yes, I'm okay," I replied in my usual sweetness. "Just thinking about a lot as usual." I had a horrible habit of over thinking encounters and situations that didn't need overthinking. "I just wasn't expecting to be covering high profile crime cases for this long, it was more of a hobby to pass time in between the assignments that caught more of my interest and I don't want to get too deep into crime before I can't get out. It's just not what I want, but it's all that's being offered to me right now because of the shortage in staff," Sighing I shook my head in semi defeat, rubbing my face with my hands. "I don't know, I'm just getting bored."

I knew my best friend was in fact becoming bored with what she was doing right now at the AP. I couldn't be upset with her for wanting to leave and get out before she got too deep into crime. Nodding my head to acknowledge what she said, I smiled gently at her, thanking the waiter when he brought us both our glass of wine. "I can understand that. I knew you weren't going to stay in Dallas forever. This explains why you had a grant and applications on your computer earlier." It slipped. I let her know I snooped on her computer. That's just how I was and she knew that. "It''s okay, Amelia. Don't start overthinking this too but when I asked if you were okay, that's not what I meant. You have something else on your mind but we'll ignore that for now. How is job hunting going for you? Are you trying to get into The Post?" I wanted nothing more than for Amelia to make it in the Post. She had been striving to work there for as long as I could remember and I wanted to see her succeed. She deserved that and so much more. Hopefully one day we would make The Straight Scoop a reality. We made a saving account for it but I hadn't been contributing much to it since I wasn't getting paid for my internships. That would all change this summer though.

"No, I don't want to try The Post yet, I need a more diverse resume, but it's still a long-term goal. Eventually," I reminded myself. I was becoming frustrated with continuously working my way up but I respected the fact I didn't have a choice. I was only twenty-three, I had to prove myself to the journalists who were in the field for half my life."The grant was to freelance on a project I have been thinking about for awhile, I just haven't felt that I deserved to do it yet, but if I do it right, it could be a gateway to more opportunities like what I've been hoping for. We'll see. I'm not leaving Dallas right away. I'm just trying to prepare for the next step. I feel like it's time." The shooting made me realize how fast a life can be taken without any warning and being one of the sixteen people who didn't have to gamble their life, I felt I owed it to myself and the mentors I lost on that tragic day to chase the stories they no longer could and that I longed to cover. It was my time to step in and be part of the next generation of international reporters who sought for peaceful understanding of the rest of the world's citizens. It was too late to give up that dream now, I wasn't just doing it for me anymore, I was doing it in memory of all the friends I lost.

Despite the pride in Isabel's expression, the acute sadness I saw mixed in was enough to turn my stomach and turn my face warm, giving me the urge to cry. I knew she didn't want me to leave and I knew she worried we wouldn't finish the goal we promised each other we would. There was always going to be the doubt that our careers would take us in two seperate directions and the empire we hoped to build just wouldn't happen. "It'll all work out, Bel. I promise, I know it's not fair that I'll have to leave again soon, but you know I'll be back in a heartbeat whenever you need me to be, and one day, there will come a day where I won't have to leave but to go on assignment and come back, it's just not that time yet. I love you."

"I know what you're saying is true. I'll be alright. I'm proud of you for starting to plan ahead and I can't wait to see where you end up. You'll make it to The Post soon. I believe in you." I said with a gentle smile, sipping on my wine some more as I tried to push away the thoughts running through my head in this moment. I loved Amelia with my entire heart but I knew she and I weren't going to be close by forever. She still had her life goal to achieve and so did I. I hadn't even begun my career in the journalism world but I was excited for it. As much as I wished she and I would create our empire together, I wouldn't be upset if we didn't achieve it. Knowing our careers could take us down separate paths in life was always a possibility I knew could occur.

When we were politely interrupted by our waiter, I smiled as I ordered chicken alfredo for dinner. I usually changed it up but I was craving alfredo sauce terribly. Asking for another glass of wine, I thanked our waiter when he walked off after Amelia ordered. "So, what kind of project are you thinking of?" I asked her curiously, setting my elbows on the table as I leaned into them with my head in my hands. "Amelia, tell me," I whined, "I know you're planning something really good in your head and I'm just curious."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back