• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Anchored by Love (Draft Four... lol)

Amelia
Still in shock from how quickly everything transpired, I returned Jayden's kiss, still crying, I caught a breath.

"He's here," I whispered in my own disbelief. Only handing him off to Jayden and my sister long enough for them to dress him and for me to get checked out by the doctor. Luckily, everything thing went without complication, and the baby was healthy, all nine pounds of him.

Dressing myself after I nursed him for the first time in one of my many floral silk robes, accepting Jayden's help back onto my side of the bed, once the chaos simmered, I kept my unnamed son against my shoulder.

"We did it," I said to Jayden, taking my free hand in his. "Thank you. I love you."

Jayden
After Amelia was checked out by the doctor and our son was calmer, fed and dressed, I helped Amelia back into our bed, smiling down at her as she continued to hold our son in her arms. They were both everything. I now had a son to take care of along with Bel and my wife. I promise, I'll do anything for all of y'all.

I didn't think about texting anyone yet about the new arrival into the world. I made a mental note to at least text Isabel after we decided on a name but when I felt Amelia take my hand, I moved closer and kissed the top of her head, smiling as I looked down at our son.

"Thank you, Momma. You did all the work to get him here. I love you too," I said softly, sitting down slowly next to her as I admired the both of them. "What are we naming him?"

Amelia​
I still couldn't fathom that my son was in my arms. I finally knew he was my son, what he looked like, the life I had been carrying inside of me for nine months, aside from my daughter, he was the most marvelous thing I had ever laid my eyes on. Cradling him in my arms while I stroked his red cheeks with my thumb, I sighed in contentment.

Looking over to my husband lovingly, I shrugged.

"We agreed you would pick his name, Jay," I replied softly, before handing the newborn off to his father. The baby remained undisturbed from his sleep.

"What does he look like to you?"

Last edited:
Jayden​
As my wife handed off our son to me, I held the little one close against me, smiling as I looked down at him and brushed my finger against his cheek. He was more then handsome and so far looked everything like his mother. That alone was something to bring a big smile on my face before I looked back up at Amelia, contemplating what she said. We had agreed I would pick the name of our son, and the more I stared down at him, the more I knew what his name was going to be.

“What if you don’t like the name?” I ask her with a teasing grin, kissing our sons forehead before I sigh contently and look down at him. When I see him open his eyes, I chuckle as I show him to his momma. “Say hi to momma, Lincoln.”

Amelia
At the announcement of my son's name, I broke into tears the same way I did when he was put into my arms for the first time a short while later.

"Hi Lincoln," I whispered through my tears, wiping them away from my face, ignoring my own pain, still too lost in my son's presence. He was no longer inside of me, protected and safe, but he was now his own person.

"Happy Birthday, baby boy."

Taking his tiny feet in my hands, I admired all his features while I enjoyed this moment of peace between the three of us. I didn't want it to end, but I was also excited to introduce my daughter to her little brother for the first time. I had high hopes that she would be excited for his arrival, and not too upset that she didn't have a sister like she had been begging me for.

Leaning into my husband, I kissed his soft lips, laying my head on his shoulder, completely exhausted but unbothered by it.

He's here. He's really here.

Jayden
I let Amelia and our newest born have the rest of the night to themselves, letting them sleep together for the night before things began to pick up tomorrow with people visiting. I sat down on my side of the bed, smiling as I watched two of the most important people in my life sleep. They’re everything and so much more. I love you both more than you know.

I watched them sleep for what felt like hours before I got up from the bed and began to pick up the house after the quick turn of events. I checked up on Brooke in the guest room, smiling as I saw she was already asleep. It was around 11 p.m. when I heard my son's cries from the room. I knew he either needed a diaper change or needed a feeding, but either way I walked back to mine and Amelia's room, shushing Amelia back into sleep while I took our son to his nursery. He in fact needed a diaper change and while I did that, his crying ceased as he stared up at me with his beautiful green eyes. Just like his momma.

"Hi Linc. Sorry you were rudely woken up from your slumber. You'll be with mommy in just a sec buddy, I promise."

With his diaper changed, I rocked him back to sleep and set him beside Amelia once again, smiling as my wife looked up at me. "He's okay. Get some sleep while you can," I watched the two sleep yet again before I was lulled into my own slumber, our son laying between the two of us while I held Amelia's hand in my own.

It was no surprise that our son woke up a few times throughout the night, needing attention and I was quick to help her in any way that I could each time, whether it be changing diapers or just keeping her company as she fed him. Around nine in the morning and with Amelia's okay, I had texted Isabel the okay she was waiting for to come and see her new nephew and spend time with her best friend. After I did, I asked Amelia was she wanted for breakfast, not surprised when she begged me to get her a honey butter chicken biscuit, so I obliged and went to grab breakfast for all of us, Isabel and her little clan included.

When I got back, I couldn't help but chuckle to myself as I pulled into the driveway and saw Isabel's car already parked. Walking in, I smiled at the sight of Amelia, Lincoln and Brooke in the living room with each other, Lincoln already swaddled and held close in Isabel's arms. I took in the scene, already appreciative of how much Isabel loved my children and would do anything for them. She's going to take good care of you, just like she does us, Linc.

"Hello hello everyone. I see that I already have to start fighting Isabel for my son," I said with a teasing laugh, setting the food down on the island in the kitchen before I walked over toward my wife, leaning down and kissing her in greeting. "Hi love. How are you feeling?"

Isabel
I was making my usual morning coffee when I got the text from Jayden, squealing with excitement as I neglected what I was doing and ran to mine and Dawson's room, grabbing some clothes and changing as fast as I could. I was so excited to finally meet my nephew and with Dawson and the kids still asleep, I opted to go alone first and let them follow when they were ready. I gave Dawson a soft kiss, telling him where I was going before I left the house and headed straight for the Acciolli household, stopping for coffee of course.

"Hello hello," I said in a chipper tone, setting her iced caramel macchiato on the coffee table beside her before I kissed the top of her head and sighed contently at the sight of her holding the sleeping Lincoln. I watched the two as I kept my arm around Amelia's shoulder, not even fighting back the tears that formed as I admired him. "He's handsome, Melia." I whispered softly, pulling away for a moment to hand Brooke her coffee and setting mine down on the table next to Amelia's. With my hands now free, I took my nephew from my best friend happily, kissing his forehead just like I had done to his mother, taking his little hand in my own as I rubbed the back of it with my thumb.

"Feliz Cumpleano, Linc. You're already so loved, I hope you know that," I whispered to my nephew, the tears still falling as I kept him close. "You get to meet your sister in a bit. Are ya ready for that? She's going to love you the most out of us."

I continued to hold him when I heard the front door open and smiled at Jayden as he walked in, thanking him for the breakfast I knew he brought for all of us. I continued to rock Lincoln in my arms as I watched Jayden make his way over to Amelia and kiss her in greeting. Watching them always warmed my frozen heart. The love they shared for one another was so strong and I knew Jayden was the perfect match for her. Even now.

Rolling my eyes at Jayden's usual banter, I laughed as I shook my head and kissed Lincoln's head again. "Oh please, there is no fight when you know you won't win." I responded with a teasing grin, laughing when Brooke did. "Dawson should be here soon with my Bel and Mateo. Enjoy the silence while you can."

Last edited:
OOC: I am a college graduate, in too many long distance relationships right now, just finished Naruto, and no one is hiring right now so this is my only outlet until further notice. Enjoy!
Amelia
I was still in disbelief that my son was here, and that I had a son. Intuition told me it was a boy, but I dully expected to have another girl. The whole thing was surreal. As elated as I was that there was a newborn in our home, I couldn't help but notice how much harder it was to move this time around. Lincoln definitely took his toll on my body with how fast he entered the world. He was worth the rough recovery, but I was expecting it to be just as easy to jump back as it was the first time. I was glad to have Jayden's help while I was exhausted and in the amount of pain I was in. To my own surprise, I even let my sister jump in and help when my husband left to go get breakfast.

When Isabel barged through the door I already made it down the stairs and was feeding Lincoln cradling him in my arms. He wasn't feeding as well as his sister either, so it say I was flustered was a substantial understatement.

"Hi best friend," I greeted in an exhausted whisper, rubbing my thumb gently across Lincoln's cheek as I held him up for Isabel to see. "This is your nephew, Lincoln. He's already become my problem child."

Even the small laugh I let go of hurt. Handing him off to Isabel as soon as he showed disinterest in nursing further, I leaned my head back and closed my eyes, only opening them when I felt Jayden rest a hand on my shoulder.

"Tired," I replied in a mumble, not letting go of him.

"Hopefully your mini me won't be too upset with her brother since she was advocating for a little sister."

Isabel
I made note of how my best friend looked as she sat on the couch. She looked exhausted, which told me that my nephew gave her hell in coming into this world. I immediately felt bad for barging in so early, despite Jayden saying I could. Amelia needed her rest but luckily it was just going to be me and Dawson to visit today. I now understood why Jayden wanted to wait off another day before inviting everyone else to their home to meet the newest Acciolli addition and I couldn't blame him.

I looked over to Amelia as I sat down on one of the accent chairs in the living room, keeping Lincoln close to me still as I lulled him back to sleep, watching as he closed his beautiful green eyes again and let out the smallest yawn possible. Too freaking cute.

"I'm sure Bel will take to him okay, Mejor Amiga. She did want a girl but I also know she'll love her sibling no matter the gender," I reassured her, smiling at her and Jayden while I savored the silence before the chaos ensued with the arrival of Dawson and the two critters he brought along with him.

When the silence was finally broken thanks to my mini me, I chuckled as I looked at her run in and did as she asked me, watching her as she sat between Amelia and I and held her brother close. I knew that look on her face. She was going to protect him with everything she had.

Little Bel
I quickly left Uncle Dawson's side after he opened the door for me and Mateo to get out of his truck. I was beyond excited to finally meet my younger sibling! I really wanted a little sister but I would love them just as much even if it was a boy! So I pushed the door open as hard as I could and ran inside, giggling when I saw my Tia Isabel holding the baby.

"Momma!!! Daddy!!!" I exclaimed as I ran in, hugging my dad's leg tightly before I ran over to my mom and snuggle up beside her, kissing her forehead then I looked at my aunt.

"Tia Bel, can I see? Can I see?" I was practically bouncing in my spot, just wanting to hold my sibling and when Isabel sat next to me and carefully handed the baby off, I gasped as I met my little brother. A baby brother.

"His name is Lincoln," My Tia whispered to me and I nodded as I held onto my brother tightly, feeling protective over him.

"He's so pretty!"

Jayden
I nodded in response to my wife as she told me she was tired, kissing her temple softly again while I massaged out her shoulders, enjoying the silence like Isabel suggested while I could. "I'll take care of him today so you can get some rest, love," I whispered to her, knowing she needed more rest. I knew this labor was ten times worse than what she went through with Bel and I knew both Isabel and Brooke would agree to help out as well. Amelia needed time to recover.

Chuckling when I heard my daughter run inside, I knew she was more than excited to see her mother and her brother. I hugged her back before she ran off to her mother's side and I stayed behind all three of them as I watched Isabel have her first moments with her brother. She was too adorable and with the way she was looking at him, I knew she would do everything in her power to take care of him and that she loved him.

I placed my hand on Amelia's shoulder, smiling down at her when she looked up before we both continued to watch Isabel. My focus on my children was cut short when I heard Mateo call out to me, that little bear.

"Uncle Jayden!!" He exclaimed and I was quick to catch him as he ran over to me and held him in my arms.

"Hey, Little Bear. Did you have fun with your cousin last night?" I asked him, smiling as he nodded and looked over the women sitting on the couch to get a glance at his new cousin. I smiled over at Dawson as he walked in. "Thanks for the help last night." I told him with a nod of my head.

Amelia
Witnessing my daughter meet her brother for the first time was a remarkable sight. I watched as the love she had for him beamed the second she glanced over at him, and it could have been the hormones rushing out of my body, but it brought tears to my eyes.

Nodding at her observation, I grinned.

"Yeah baby, he's pretty just like you," I whispered resting my forehead against hers and poking her nose. "Look! He's looking at you!" I exclaimed in an excited whisper as Lincoln slowly opened his eyes to peer up at his big sister.

Dawson
When I was able to make my way inside the house, couldn't help but grin at the thought of a new life being present here, with the rest of the family I was apart of. Something about it could break even the hardest souls. Returning Jayden's nod, I didn't hesitate into taking him into a brotherly embrace.

"Congratulations, Jay, I'm sure he's beautiful. I'll see him when I can get a turn," I teased, leaning over the couch. "Wow, are you sure that's a baby and not a toddler?"

Isabel
With Little Bel and Mateo both crashed out on the living room floor and our husbands out getting all of us dinner, I sat on the couch, holding a sleeping Lincoln in my arms while Amelia took a nap because she needed the rest. Today, though fun, I knew took a lot out of her and after we all ate dinner, I was planning on taking my critter back to the house with me. He was going to the ranch tomorrow with his father anyways and I had some work to catch up on. For now though, I savored the little moment I was able to get with my nephew, admiring all his features while I rubbed my thumb softly against his chubby cheeks.

"I love you so much, Linc," I whispered to him, smiling when he squirmed in the blanket I swaddled him in and saw him open his beautiful green eyes to look up at me, cooing when he saw me. I laughed then, kissing his forehead before I laid on the couch and placed him against my chest. "Shhhh, go back to sleep little one. You haven't slept long and were super grumpy earlier."

I lulled him back to sleep with a soft Spanish lullaby everyone in my family sang to me growing up. When it worked, I turned on the TV and watched one of the many HGTV shows I loved seeing to pass the time and when I heard keys rattle at the front door, I looked up at Dawson as he walked in with the food, Jayden following close behind him.

"Shhhh, don't be too loud. Everyone's napping," I told the two of them as I slowly sat up and handed Lincoln off to his father, watching the two of them walk to his nursery. I smiled as Dawson sat down next to me and curled up against his side, putting my head on his shoulder. "What if we had another kid?" I teased, laughing as I saw how he looked at me in return. "I'll go set out everything y'all bought. Wake up Mateo and Bel, please?"

Dawson
Walking in the house with Jayden, out of habit, I didn't think to be too quiet, the newborn was still too new to cater to. At Isabel's warning I was quick to make quieter movements and speak quieter. The last thing I wanted to do was wake a sleeping baby. Mateo was a feisty toddler now, but I remember waking him was a nightmare. To our dismay, he wasn't an easy baby. I think that was in part while I never had a thought about giving my son a sibling. So, at Isabel's playful mention of the idea of another baby, I shook my head and quickly dismissed it.

"Nope, Mateo is enough, I think it's time you give the baby back to Jayden before you get a bad idea rolling in your head," I whispered, helping her pass Lincoln along, kissing her forehead as a rebuttal.

Laying on my side between the toddlers on the floor, I shook each one of them awake gently, being cautious to not irritate them too quickly.

"You want some chicken nuggets and sweet tea?" I asked, picking them up, one on each hip and carrying the, to the island while Isabel set out the food.

Looking up, my expression quickly contorted into confusion as I watched my best friend carry his wife down the stairs. Meeting him at the bottom of the stairs, I saw the look of concern in his eyes.

"Isabel, keep the kids with you," I called helping Jayden leave the house.

"What happened?" I asked hastily as I followed Jayden out to the car, texting Isabel after I offered to drive to the ER so Jayden could keep Amelia alert. We weren't sure what happened, but Jayden found Amelia in a pool of blood in the sheets. We suspected it was a complication of the home birth.

Jayden
After I had taken Lincoln up to his nursery and set him in his crib, I made my rounds to check up on my wife and wake her up so she could eat her dinner. What I found though made my stomach dropped as I hurriedly ran closer to her, I took a quick survey of how much blood she probably had already lost and quickly picked her up in my arms, draping a blanket over her as I tried to get her to wake up and be alert as I quickly made my way down the stairs, looking up at my best friend who stood in front of us at the bottom.

"I don't know but we need to get her to the hospital," I told him quickly, thanking him as he offered to drive us while I set her in the back of the truck while I kept her head in my lap, shaking her gently and smiling down at her when she weakly looked up at me. "Hi Vix, stay up with me, okay? Don't fall back asleep."

I knew birth complications were very much real, even more so after Isabel and Dawson went through their own version of it and we all almost lost Isabel after Mateo's birth. One just never thinks it can happen to you until it actually does and I didn't know what Amelia was going through but what I did know was our kids and I couldn't lose her. Don't think like that.

"Melia. Amelia look at me babe, don't go to sleep," I whispered as I saw my wife trying to close her eyes again, keeping her face positioned so she could look back up at me. We couldn't make it to the hospital fast enough and when we did, Dawson and I were quick to get her out of the truck, rushing her inside the ER where the nurses quickly made their way over and helped us set her in a stretcher. I followed them as far as I could, terrified about what could be wrong with the love of my life but when we reached a point I could no longer follow, I bite my lip and cursed under my breath, explaining to the nurses what happened so they knew what they were looking for. Amelia please, you can't leave us.

I sat in the waiting room beside Dawson, elbows resting on my knees and face in my hands as I hunched over and lost myself to the inevitable thoughts. It had been an hour or so since we were here, I had yet to hear anything back and the unknown was driving me insane. I wasn't pulled out of my thoughts until my best friend told me Isabel just laid all the critters down for a movie and that Linc was doing okay. While all that was good to hear, I couldn't stop myself from thinking about my wife.

Releasing a heavy sigh, I sat back in the chair and let my head hit the wall as I closed my eyes.

"She was doing fine, Dawson. Everything had went well, or well, we thought they did. I can't lose her, Covington. I really can't and neither can the kids. They need their mom."

Dawson
Watching Jayden go through the unthinkable, I caught myself remembering the terror of almost losing Isabel after Mateo was born. It was something I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy, let alone my best friend. From what I could remember from my own experience, I knew not all complications became apparent immediately and some were difficult to look for if you didn't know to look for them. For Jayden's sake I was hoping for the best though, watching how quickly he succumbed to the worst as he was being separated from his wife.

"I know, Jay but you can't go automatically thinking the worst, ya know? It could be an easy fix you just got to give them time to figure it out. She's in good hands now. Isabel's got the kids so don't worry about them. I'll stay here with you, it's the least I can do, Amelia did it for me, now we're all here for her and Lincoln."

Lincoln. It would only be a matter of time before he would need his momma, but I knew better than to bring that to Jayden's attention right now.

Jayden
Time felt like it slowed down and the amount of time I spent in the waiting room felt like eternity. I couldn’t stop running through the many possible scenarios that could have occurred with my wife. Despite my best friends advice to not sink so far in my own head, that was all I could do and when a nurse finally called out my name, I stood up quickly and walked over to her, wanting to know what happened to Amelia instantly.

I was relieved to find out she had just lost too much blood and was given a blood transfusion. Out of all the possibilities, this was probably the best outcome and even knowing the doctors did everything to check up on her, I was comforted in knowing nothing major went with our at home labor.

Thanking the nurse after she told me what room Amelia was in, I made my way over to Dawson to update him, thanking him for the millionth time tonight for being here and driving us. After that, we both made our way to Amelias room and when I walked in, I smiled softly at her before I walked closer and kissed her forehead softly.

“Hi Vix. You feeling better? You scared the hell out of us.“

Amelia
I remembered nothing from the night, up until I woke up in the hospital room when a nurse came to check the IV in my arm. When I came to, the first thought I had was my son.

Where is he?

Is he okay?

What happened?

He needs me.

These thoughts made me panic and brought tears to my eyes before I noticed Jayden and Dawson enter the room. Letting go of the sob I was failing to restrain, I made eye contact with my husband, disregarding his obvious concern for me in the moment.

"What happened? Where's Lincoln? Is he okay?"

I knew he wasn't, in the very least he wasn't eating with me here like this, and was lost without my comfort. My concern for myself was obsolete.

Jayden
“Lincoln’s okay, Melia. Isabel has him. You lost a lot of blood while Dawson and I were out getting dinner so they had to give you a blood transfusion. Since it wasn’t anything worse, the doctor said you would be able to leave sometime tonight so you’ll be able to get right back to Lincoln when we can, okay Vix?” I said softly to my wife, placing a soft kiss on her forehead before I sat next to her and took her hand in my own, rubbing the back of it with my thumb and before I looked up at Dawson and mouthed a thank you again, I was looking forward to Amelia being back at home already and I knew Lincoln was too. We all wanted her to be back where she belonged.

“How are you feeling?“ I asked her gently, knowing she didn’t really care about herself but rather her son.

Amelia​
I remembered nothing from the night, up until I woke up in the hospital room when a nurse came to check the IV in my arm. When I came to, the first thought I had was my son. I didn't care about me, I just wanted out of here to take care of my baby, who was only a day old at most.

"I'm fine, I just want to go home, love," I confessed in a fatigued whisper. "Can you call Isabel for me please? I want to see the kids." Sitting up slowly, I winced at how sore I remained from the birth, despite me wanting to be Super Mom and be able to go back to doing a multitude of tasks just minutes after Lincoln was born, but I had to accept the fact that was impossible.

Jayden
I nodded in response to Amelia, kissing her forehead softly before I grabbed my phone and made the FaceTime call to Isabel while Dawson offered to run and grab us all some coffee from the Starbucks downstairs. Thanking him before he left, I smiled when Isabel was quick to answer me, smiling as I looked at her.

"Morning! How are the kids?" I asked her, chuckling softly to myself when I heard Little Bel call out to me excitedly from wherever she was sitting with her cousin. "Hi love. Come say hi to mommy," I told her before handing the phone off to Amelia who was more than happy to see her daughter and while Bel talked to her mom, Isabel went to go get Lincoln from his crib before bringing him down so Amelia could see him.

Smiling at all of my family talking and interacting, I took a moment to take everything in, thankful to God that everyone I loved was still here.

"Momma! I miss you. Are you okay?" I heard Bel ask her mother frantically while her aunt sat next to her while holding Lincoln.

Amelia
"I miss you too, love, I'm okay, I'll be home soon. Be good for your tia and watch over your brother he needs you to keep him safe and happy. You think you can do that for me?"

I just want to get back to my kids.

After ending the call, I impatiently waited to get released. To my own displeasure I had to stay over night to be monitored due to the severity of the blood loss, and by the following morning, I was still groggy and exhausted, but was graciously released to recover in my own bed.

By early afternoon, I was there, curled into the duvet and snuggled next to my daughter while her brother slept in the bassinet beside us.

This is heaven

OOC: Hello hello you beautiful souls! I hope you are all staying safe and doing well. It's been a wild for me on my end honestly and I don't even know how long it's been since I've logged in here BUT I miss my bbs from this story so I'm back! (Aha, Hiiiiii best friend. My hiatus is over! You ready for this??? lolololol) ANYWAYS, yee, we back in action kiddos. Let's get it.

November 24
Isabel
"Chestnuts roasting on an open fire. Jack frost nipping at your nose. Yuletide carols being sung by a choir...." I sang softly in the comfort of my bathroom as I showered, my first step to starting my day and spending it with Amelia. The holiday season was finally here and I couldn't wait to get my shopping game on so I could spoil everyone in my life because they deserved that and so much more. As I rinsed off my body and finished up my shower, I got out and wrapped myself in a red towel, throwing my curly hair up in one of the many t-shirts I had stolen from my dad during my college days. Grabbing my phone from the counter, I sat up on it and quickly typed away.

"Rise & shine, Chiquita Banana! We got some shopping to do today. The men are watching the kids and I'm kidnapping you in about two hours to kick off the festivities. Be ready or be square:blowkiss:."

Smiling as I hit 'send' in my text thread with Amelia, I stayed in the comfortable position I was in and scrolled endlessly through Facebook, laughing softly to myself when I saw my mom's usual morning post of bible scripture and my dad's photo of the road while he ran his route. From there, posts about the the upcoming holidays were all I saw, further egging on my own excitement. Thanksgiving was only two days away which meant Amelia already had her plans to celebrate set in stone. With our busy schedules, the kids and spending time with our husbands, we hadn't had the time to set aside for some Christmas shopping, so I very forcefully made today the day. It was a tradition I started the minute we could and I wasn't planning on stopping now.

My house was already decorated for my favorite holiday, minus our tree which Dawson and I agreed we would put up after Thanksgiving. If it were up to me, it would be on display already but this was the one compromise I let my pilot have. I did some shopping online and was expecting those packages to arrive soon but most of my shopping happened today. Setting my phone down, I hummed along softly to the next song that played, looking over when I heard the door open, my eyes meeting those beautiful hazel eyes that always made my heart skip a beat.

"Mm morning Six. I hope you're ready for your day with Jayden and the kids while Amelia and I shop till we drop," I said softly, smiling up at the pilot when he stood in front of me while I wrapped my arms around his neck. "Mateo still asleep?"

Jayden
"Shhhh, Linc, your lungs are as strong as ever but your momma deserves to sleep in a little longer before your Tia Isabel snatches her away for the day," I whisper softly to my son as I rocked us back in forth in the rocking chair Amelia wanted in his nursery. It was still rather early but he wanted attention the moment I had woken up, crying to be changed and fed. Having a baby back in the house has been an adjustment for all of us, me especially considering how much time I was dedicating to work beforehand. I'm glad I got out of that when I did. I would've lost them. I wouldn't have this.

Softly rubbing my sons cheek with my thumb, I hummed a soft song for his as a way to lull him back to sleep. He looked so much like Amelia, as did Bel when she was little, but there's no denying that she is a carbon copy of me now. Giggling at the thought, I wasn't surprised when I saw my daughter walk into the nursery, rubbing her sleep filled eyes while dragging along the bear her grandma bought her years ago.

"Hi baby girl, what are you doing up so early?" I asked her softly, changing how I was holding Lincoln the minute Bel curled into my lap and closed her eyes again.

"Linc was crying too loud," I heard her grumble faintly, bringing another chuckle out of me as I shook my head and continued to now rock all three of us, my children quick to fall back to sleep again. As I let them sleep, I couldn't help but think how lucky I was to have them in my life. I also couldn't help but think about how much I loved them and couldn't wait to spend the holidays with them. Like I said, the past few months after Lincolns birth have been a transition and were a bit rough in the beginning, but now that every settled down again, my attention, time and energy went straight into my family.

Amelia and I were still looking into a new place to live, but I let her take the ropes on that so she could do it on her own time. I didn't want her to feel smothered anymore and honestly, this was something I should've let her take the lead on from the beginning. I pulled back on the amount of time I spent at work, no longer being there at my officers every beckon call. Late nights at the office hardly happened now and I was okay with it. Amelia needed me here. I needed to be here. Even more so with the holidays back upon us.

Thanksgiving has been and always would be Amelia's favorite holiday. If anything, I would say it was the one holiday she would never let us miss, but I was okay with it. Unlike my best friend as his family, the house Amelia and I were in was decorated with lots of orange, browns, pumpkins and fall decor. Not a single Christmas decoration had been set up yet and they wouldn't until at least three days from now. I was okay with it. I always loved the smile the holiday brought to my wife's face. (What a simp.) However, I knew how much Christmas meant to Isabel and neither Dawson nor I could deny her the one tradition she set in stone for her and Amelia, the one that always hurt our bank accounts if they decided to tap into our joint accounts. That's why I agreed to let Dawson and Mateo come over and spend the day watching the kids. Plus, I also think the pair of best friends needed their time alone. I would say it's been well past overdue.

Last edited:
Dawson
With the Christmas season approaching our simple suburban Texan home was decorated to look like a model home from a Christmas catalog. While my first impression being it was a little much for my tastes, I knew better than to pick an argument over something as little as Isabel's extravagant decorating taste. I was willing to sacrificing a month of my home looking like a setup, if it meant it put Isabel in a better mood. My only grip with the whole scene was the amount of inflatables in the front yard that she claimed were for "the kids," when they never seemed to pay much attention to them. They also left a plethora of stakes and strings through the frosted front yard that Mateo had a tendency to trip over in a hurry.

What I didn't mind however was that the house had the familiar scents of cinnamon and pine, just like my home back on the ranch. Never being able to break my early stride, I was awake at the same time the sun peaked its way through the clouds. Getting up I took my daily room temp shower, made a bacon egg and cheese sandwich with black coffee and when I finished, I went back upstairs to check on Mateo and Isabel.

Peaking into Mateo's room I chuckled softly, seeing him curled his rodeo blanket. Not wanting to disturb him, I closed the door softly, and went to find his mother.

"Good morning, love," I whispered taking her into a quick embrace before nodding at her question. "Yes he is and I would like to keep that way for a little longer with that way you're looking right now."

Isabel
I couldn't stop the small laugh that escaped from me when I heard what my fiance said about my appearance. I knew what he was doing, and I tried to hold my laughter back in an attempt at keeping the mood going but I just couldn't help myself. When an opportunity like this arose, I was always quick to play the game, even more so when I knew how irritated the pilot in front of me became.

Looking up at Dawson, I let out a teasing grin when I saw his raised brow. "Oh c'mon, Six. I'm literally wrapped in a towel with my hair wrapped in one of my dad's old t-shirts. This is fair from looking attractive," I said in response, kissing him softly before I moved my arms away from their previous spot around his neck, I wiggled my way off the sink counter. "Though I would love to take you up on your offer, I just showered and really don't want to have to take another. Try back later, mkay?"

Patting the side of his face, I couldn't help but grin to myself as I turned around to face the mirror, giggling when I saw the very much irritated expression present on my cowboy via his reflection. Teasing him is always so much fun. I began removing the t-shirt holding my hair, letting my black curls fall back down and frame my face while I grabbed my brush, proceeding to get ready for the plans I had all while knowing Dawson was not thrilled behind me.

Dawson
Always have to play these games first, huh? Okay. "Mmm last time I checked, I don't take orders from you and we knew better than to just walk around in almost nothing so I couldn't do this."

Letting the towel that was once sensibly draped around her fall to the floor, without braking my gaze, I turned the shower on again, steam rising before either of us could say anything.

Inching toward her, leaving no space between us, I cupped her mouth with my hand before leading her on with a gentle kiss that roughly progressed before she had the time to think about pulling away.

"Offer expires as soon as we leave this room. Take it or leave it, Amor."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back