• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Anchored by Love (Draft Four... lol)

Jayden
The minute I saw tears streaming down Amelia's face, my mind went into overdrive, making me crumble on the inside over how I upset her the way that I did. I had one weakness in life and it was Amelia Carson. After losing my uncle, my best friend and rock, meeting Amelia fixed a part in me I never thought would be. She healed me and if I ever lost her or the family I built with her, I would be absolutely nothing. If I don't get my shit together I will lose them.

It wasn't a surprise that Amelia didn't want me to touch her or be near her. I angered her severely and I knew right now Isabel was probably the only person she wanted. I couldn't blame her for that. I was being a total ass but I still believed every word I said. I wasn't going to let go of what Isabel did today that easy. She did need to learn to not thread like if she's above the law, how to not act so cocky given the situation. She needed to learn to be respectful because Amelia was right, respect is earned and there was no way in hell she'd get any respect acting the way she did with my officer today. At this point however, I was over the argument. I didn't want Amelia to keep crying and I didn't want to keep causing her so much stress. God, you're fucking up big time.

With that, I walked into our room and changed into some joggers and a t-shirt before I grabbed my phone charger and headed out the house after planting a soft kiss on my daughter's forehead. I so desperately missed spending time with my girls and I needed to fix this. But I also wish Amelia wasn't being so fucking stubborn. I feel like I never get heard out sometimes. She's always so fucking quick to defend Isabel.

Pushing aside the thoughts, I looked over at my wife one last time before I headed out of the house and went to my car, getting inside where I texted Dawson.

"Shit blew up on my end. How is it with you? Can I head over?"

When he said yes I knew that meant Isabel was coming over to be with Amelia. This night couldn't have been any more of a disaster.

Isabel
You fucking asshole. You really just used our son as leverage over me like that? I never want to see you again. I felt my eyes begin to burn then. Fuck fuck fuck, don't cry pendeja. He isn't winning this. Suck it up, say your peace then leave. Fuck. Him.

"You don't get to do that. You don't get to just wave our son over my head like that," I said sternly, sighing before I pulled my hand away and rubbed my wrists as the pain in them began to spread like wild fire. "Hate me all you want, Dawson Covington but this is my career. This is what I was called to do and you knew that. Just like I know you being in the air every damn weekend away from Mateo and I with the potential of being deployed is what you're called to do. If you can't handle my shit, then don't. If it's too much, don't be afraid to leave." I played with my engagement ring then, wanting to take it off but knowing I wasn't strong enough too, even if I didn't really mean it. "Mateo has his swimming lesson in the morning at ten. He can't miss it."

With that last statement, I went to my room and rapidly packed a bag with clothes for work tomorrow as I fought back the tears. Not now. Not here. After everything I needed was packed, I walked out of the house without looking back at Dawson and went straight for my Fiat, getting in so that I could drive to Amelia's.

"Men are fucking stupid. I'm on my way."

Amelia
"You're telling me, he defended her again," I replied before I threw my phone down onto the marble countertop screen first, shattering the iPhone completely. "Fuck," I whispered, finally breaking down and letting out the distasteful sob that was clawing to be released.

Is this it? I wondered in a moment of absolute weakness, not wanting alone now, I snuck back into my room where Little Bel was sound asleep and curled next to her, while I ran my fingers gently through her light blonde hair. When she gently awoke and asked what was wrong in her innocent baby voice, I couldn't resist the smile that formed.

"Nothing's wrong, my love, go back to sleep. Mommy's here."

Isabel
I read Amelia's text when I got to her house, groaning as I rolled my eyes. Men are trash. With that thought, I grabbed my bag and let myself into the house with my key, throwing my bag on the couch before I followed suite and curled into a ball where I hugged my knees against my chest. When Amelia walked out from Bel's room, I smiled at her before I released a deep sigh and stretched out, shaking my head.

"Come here," I said, knowing all my best friend and I needed tonight was each other because both our men were being fucking stupid. I hugged her tightly, fighting back my own tears because I wanted Amelia to break first. "They're both being such assholes." I whispered softly to her, sighing again. "But fuck them. I got you and you're all I ever need."

Jayden
When I arrived to the Covington house, I walked right in and shook my head at the sight of my best friend drinking another beer. We had drank more than enough at the bar together but I knew he wasn't doing too hot. Neither am I. We really fucked up again, huh? I walked to the kitchen and grabbed a beer for myself before joining him in the living room where I sat down in the chair across from him.

"How upset is yours?" I asked him, taking a big gulp of the beer in my hand. "Because mine is beyond livid."

Amelia
"Then why did we get with them in the first place?" I asked sarcastically, holding back my sob I already contained once before Isabel arrived. I still couldn't fathom that Jayden used Victoria against me in a dispute that I was attempting to keep her out of, but he just had to throw her in there, and I was uncertain how we would get through this one together.

Maybe we should start ask for help.

Dawson
"Oh Jay, we're fucked," I replied in a cocky chuckle. "When one of them is pissed it's easier to get away with, but when they're both pissed there is more of a chance of hell freezing over than them moving past it fast, so you're in for the long haul, buddy. Welcome to Dog House. You won't get out until she decides you can, but you got a get out of jail free card coming, she had to have that baby eventually," with a smirk, I shrugged my shoulders before I chugged the rest of my beer and purposely placing it on the glass-top coffee table with a coaster. It couldn't get any worse at this point.

Isabel
I sighed at Amelia’s question because right now, I was wondering why the hell we decided to be with these assholes in the first place. You know why. I love my fiancé with my whole heart, and I knew Amelia loved her husband, but that didn’t mean they could just do something like this and act like everything will be fine after.

“We got with them because we love them, sadly,” I whispered to Amelia with a sigh before I pulled away and wiped her tears. “Don’t cry, Best Friend. I’ll beat his ass I swear.”

When I heard her giggle, I smiled. I wanted to beat both Jayden and Dawson’s ass. Jayden for defending Victoria yet again to his wife who did nothing but love and support him. She didn’t deserve to be dealing with this crap while being pregnant with their second child. Dawson was a different story. That asshole was being so cocky I wanted to beat the shit out of him. Who did he think he is to be waving our son over my head like that? It was more than a dick move and I wasn’t going to tolerate it. Good luck digging yourself out of this one, Covington. I won’t cave this time.

“I vote we order some wings and watch Girls Trip because you need some laughs and I’m not leaving until I gotta go to work tomorrow. If Jayden does anything though, you let me know and I’ll fight him.”

Jayden
I released a groan as I took a chug of my beer after listening to Dawson before sinking back into the couch because he was right. There was no way in hell this argument would go away anytime soon for either of us. We were, as my best friend said, truly fucked.

“I should beat you for acting so cocky right now,” I told him while I shook my head. “This is going to be one hell of an argument to fix, Covington. How do you expect to do so with your strong headed and stubborn fiancée? How can you even be so calm right now? Don’t you think there’s a literal chance you might lose her?” Of course he wouldn’t because he always has this hard exterior shell but I know you must be dying inside, Dawson. Isabel has you wrapped around her finger so bad you don’t even realize it but fuck, Amelia’s the same with me. Fuckkk, what if she wants to leave. I fucked up. I fucked up horribly.

With that thought, I chugged the rest of my beer and set it down on the coffee table with a sigh.

“Dear god we’re dead men.”

The Next Day...
Amelia
After an emotionally exhausting night, I spent the morning organizing the office and the nursery to distract me from my ongoing anxiety. Whenever Jayden and I were at each other's throats, internally, I never housed the disagreement well. To his face though, I knew i needed to stand my ground. I was not going to apologize on Isabel's half. because I would have done nothing differently. Eventually, my daughter who was being entertained by her aunt, became curious, wondering where I was hiding, and come to find me, Liberty at her heels.

"What's up, princess?" I asked gently, wrapping arms around her when she came to sit beside me. Sighing softly when she asked where he dad was, I just grinned slightly.

"He should be home soon, him and Uncle Dawson had a sleepover last night. I bet he'll tell you about all the fun he had when he gets back. Why did you leave your auntie out there all by herself, she came here to see you, silly. You always ask for her and now she's here and you left her with all your toys. What if you hurt her feelings?" I teased, kissing her cheeks when she leaned further into me.

Little Bel
The minute I woke up I went downstairs where I was super excited to find my aunt! I missed her so much so having her at the house was fun. We watched my favorite morning tv shows and played with some of my toys but when my mommy started to do other things I quickly began to miss her. I followed her to the room for my baby sibling and saw her sitting on the floor so I went to climb into her lap.

“Mommy, where’s daddy?” I asked her sweetly, curling against her as best as I could but my sibling was already getting in the way! “Auntie Isabel is fine, Mommy! She knows I came to find you. What’s wrong? Are you okay? Why do you look so sad?”

Mateo
“I don’t care! Momma was supposed to take me swimming!” I yelled before I ran back to my room and hid myself inside. My mommy told me she was going to take me to my swimming lessons so when I woke up, I wasn’t ready for my dad to be the one taking me instead! I didn’t know why momma would lie to me and I missed her! When my dad came into my room, I hugged my knees against my chest and refused to move from my bed.

“No, Daddy! I want momma to take me! She was supposed to take me! Where is she? Why isn’t she home?” I started to cry then. “I just want mama!”

Jayden
I knew Mateo was definitely a momma’s boy but I wasn’t expecting the tantrum he was currently throwing with my best friend over Isabel not being here to take him to his swimming lessons. I knew it wasn’t fair to the kids that what happened between their parents was currently affecting them. I was going to do my best to make it up to Little Bel when I got back home later.

Grabbing my phone, I sat on the couch and debated sending Amelia a good morning text or just one to check up on her. I knew the chances of her replying were slim but I still wanted to send one anyways. I was going to until Dawson took my phone and told me not to.

“Covington, I have to make this right. I’m not trying to drag it out like you and Isabel do,” If there was anything I learned about my best friend and his fiancée it was that both were too stubborn and head strong to just cave and move on. Isabel was hardly the first one to suggest it but something told me Dawson would carry this one out and make her cave. Unlikely. “You not taking Mateo to his lessons?”

Last edited:
Amelia
Sighing, I pushed away my own tears, smiling at my daughter, "I just miss your daddy, but he should be home soon, love," I whispered, continuing to hold her against me, smiling when Isabel found her way into the room as I looked to her solemnly I still wasn't over Jayden throwing another woman in my face yesterday. I never pictured him to be that type of man when I was falling for him. I hated when he used in work front toward me.

"Go play, Maysie," I said to my daughter, smiling gently as she walked off to play with Liberty.

Putting my heads in my hands once she was gone, I sighed in frustration before I looked to Isabel again.

Why did he have to start this shit right now? Our anniversary is next week.

"I don't know what to do," I whispered in utter defeat. "He's usually back by now."

Dawson
This whole thing was ridiculous Once again, the girls blew this shit out of proportion, not backing down until they won. I didn't want to give in this time. Jayden wasn't in the wrong for being upset, and yet his wife was punishing him for not bending the rules for Isabel, it wasn't right, and now i was left to handle Mateo, who wanted nothing to do with me, despite how hard I tried to change his mind me would have fun with his momma. But like the momma's boy he was, he wasn't having any of it.

Leaving him alone to cry it out on his room with my last ounce of patience, I wondered to the living room where I saw Jayden trying to give in and texting Amelia..

"What the hell are you doing, man? You can't let her have it. You did nothing wrong. You're her husband, not her bitch. You deserve equal respect. She doesn't get to guilt trip you like a child every time she doesn't get what she wants. It's not like she's going to leave you the first time you stand up for yourself, you have kids together and Amelia isn't the type to go looking for anyone else. You know that."

Isabel
When I found my way into the nursery room where my mini me was curled into her mother, I leaned against the door frame and smiled at Amelia as I watched the two of them interact, keeping a calm and collected front with my niece around. After the toddler quickly left to go play as her mother said, I walked into the room and folded my arms across my chest, releasing a deep sigh when she told me she didn't know what to do. I was going to beat Jayden for even making Amelia feel like this but I partially felt bad because all of this started with me.

"I'm sure he wants to come back, his best friend is just being an ass and super stubborn and not letting him," I reassured Amelia, knowing fully well with the way Dawson argued back with me he wasn't going to back down anytime soon which meant he wouldn't let Jayden either. "Honestly, you have every right to be upset with the fact that he threw the bitch in your face like that. He has no right and I know damn well he wouldn't have liked it if you did it to him. As far as everything else, don't let him be mad at you because of my choices, Amelia. That's not fair to you and I can handle my own."

By then, I sat down next to her and pulled her into a hug.

"And we both know Jayden. I'm sure he's going to work his hardest to fix this and he should. He needs to realize what he did was an ass move," One I never pictured him doing. Dawson was more of the type to do that. "It's going to work itself out, okay? You do what you need to do for you but I also don't want y'all carrying this fight any longer than needed."

Jayden
I sighed as I listened to my best friend, shaking my head as I leaned further into the couch, wanting to become one with it so I no longer had to deal with this crap. You started it.

"It's not that simple, Dawson. I'm not like you. I don't want to drag this shit out. Our anniversary is next week and I have something really good planned for it and I would like for my wife to not be upset with me when I take her out. We're all at fault here, Covington. We can't just keep pinning the blame on them. Will I take back my feelings in regards to your fiancee's actions? No because Isabel really did piss me the fuck off yesterday but I was also an ass for throwing Victoria in Amelia's face the way I did. It's like you throwing Josie in Isabel's." I groaned. I just wanted an answer on how to make all of this go away. "Fuck man. I don't want to deal with this anymore."

Dawson
Oh damn, he threw another woman into his argument? He's fucked.

"Who the fuck is Victoria, Jayden? You didn't tell me that, fuck man. What did you have planned for next week? Will it be enough to get over this? That's the worst thing you could have done. You have to go fix that shit, ASAP. Are you and Amelia okay? What's going on man? I thought it was just Isabel."

Sitting next to him, I tossed his phone back in his direction, motioning for my best friend to call his enraged wife.

Jayden
Greatttt and the interrogation begins.

"I'm fine, Dawson. Yes Amelia and I are okay, at least I thought we were but now I'm not so sure. I was going to take Amelia out for our anniversary but will she actually want to? Who the hell knows. I can't blame her if she doesn't want to and Victoria is just a rookie. She's new to the squad and Amelia has just become super defensive when it comes to her. Granted I have been called out to work a lot recently, and it probably doesn't help that it's Victoria calling me out. I don't know, Dawson. I just don't. I honestly thought everything was fine but now I don't even know what to do."

I caught my phone when Dawson tossed it back to me, releasing a heavy sigh as I stared at my lock screen of Amelia, Bel and I. I loved both of them with everything I had, even more than my own life. I needed to go back home and call Amelia but I didn't know what to say or what to do. Either way, you gotta fix this. So that's what I tried to do. I texted Amelia to let her know I would be heading home.

"I'll be home soon. I love you, Amelia. With all my heart."

OOC: Listen, y'all I can explain this hiatus, aha, LIFE HAPPENED but what's up, lovelies? Let's get back to our favorite couples.
Amelia
Letting Isabel console me, I nodded against her shoulder, hugging her tight, holding back my hormonal tears. Maybe you are the jealous type, Melia. I thought to myself. recollecting on all of Jayden's insults he spewed in our heated argument the night before.

"Thank you, best friend," I whispered in a deflated tone, sighing heavily. "Let's go get breakfast. Coffee and doughnuts?" I asked, as if it was a genuine question when I already decided it was a game plan. The craving was legit. I was set on a lemon- filled doughnut covered in delicate powered sugar. That thought was enough to get off the floor in a hurry. Heading to the kitchen in a half jog, I looked over the counter at my now shattered phone and scoffed at Jayden's text but replied immediately.

"I love you too, no rush on coming home taking the Isabels to breakfast meet you home after. Do you want me to bring you anything home? We're going for coffee and doughnuts."

OOC: It's been wild to say the least.

Isabel
"Sounds like a plan, Jan," I said in response to Amelia with a gentle smile, watching her as she quickly got off the floor. If I knew anything it was that I wasn't going to leave her until I knew she was at least feeling a little better. She didn't deserve for Jayden to be the asshole that I knew he could be and I still wanted to kick his ass but like I told Amelia, I knew he loved her more than anything in this world and would kiss ass while trying to make up for it. Dawson, however, would never do what his best friend does. He's too prideful of a man and I'm too prideful of a woman. Def guess we'll get to see who caves first.

While Amelia went to the kitchen and grabbed her phone, I stood up and started walking to my mini me's room. I was going to get her ready for the day we now had planned. "I'll get Bel!" I yelled out to Amelia and quickly grabbed some clothes for Isabel to wear, laughing as she helped me but then reassured me she knew how to dress herself. I loved my niece with my entire heart and soul. "Okay okay, you dress yourself and I'll go check on your mom."

Jayden
I released a soft sigh when I saw Amelia had responded to my text, but I knew she still had to be upset considering everything I did. Stupid. Biting my lip, I opened my thread with her and formulated a response.

"Okay love. I'll pass on that. Thank you though. See you soon."

OOC: Lolol hello again, I make no promises I won't disappear again. Many apologies, BUT WE BACK.

Amelia
This fight was exhausting, but I refused to be the one to cave, only because Jayden dragged my own insecurities about or relationship into me defending Isabel. He knew better, but he turned it into something much bigger anyway, and now, he was declining my attempt to make amends because I went soft for a moment. This is stupid. I thought to myself, shaking my head before I replied without putting any thought behind the message, knowing that would eat at him in the way I wanted it to.

"See you later then."

After the coffee run, I planned to replace my busted phone, but after that, I had not the slightest idea what would happen when Jayden and I approached each other again. I was dreading it.

Two hours later....
At Jayden's text that he was returning home in what I assumed was going to be an attempt to talk things out, Isabel vanished back to her own home where her own man was simmering in anger as well.

Hearing the front door open, I didn't pay it any mind, just remained curled in the Mexican blanket Isabel bought for me awhile back on the couch, grinning acutely when Bel acknowledged her father's presence by letting him indulge in her innocent embrace, something he wasn't getting from me right away. I would be adamant in pulling away.

Catching a glimpse of Jayden's fear to approach me after Bel ran back to the toys in her room, I sighed heavily but my tone didn't match.

"What's up?" I asked casually running my fingers through my long dead ends making a mental note to get them cut as a distraction, "How was your bros night? Did you have fun?"

OOC: Y'all she really out here disappearing and shit. I 10/10 don't appreciate it but like she said, WE BACK FOR NOW

Jayden
The message I received from Amelia after her offer to buy me coffee and doughnuts ate at me for the remainder of my time with Dawson. I knew she was pissed, and she definitely had reason to be, but I hated knowing this was all my fault. I was the one who brought the insecurities of our relationship into this argument when they didn't even need to be addressed. I brought up my officer and I have pulled away and focused more on my position, which is the shittiest part out of all of this. I wasn't with my family, where I needed to be, considering all the shit I put them through. You idiot, Jayden.

With all of this in mind, I just wanted this argument to end. It was exhausting and not something I looked forward to extending into tomorrow. So when I walked in, I held a bright and chipper smile on my face, immediately reaching down to pick up Bel in my arms after she ran towards me for affection. As I held my daughter, I tried holding back tears. I missed her and Amelia was right. I wasn't around anymore for her and I needed to fix that.

After I kissed her forehead and let her run off back to her room to play with her toys. I hesitated on walking into the living room where I saw my wife sitting on the couch. She didn't look pleased to see me and I still had no idea how I was going to fix this but I was going to do my best.

"Amelia," I said with a sigh as she referred to Dawson's and my night together. "No, I didn't have fun. All we did was fester in our anger but I don't want to be angry anymore. I want to fix this, Vix. I want to fix us and I know you aren't going to give in that easily. I don't expect you to but I will do whatever it takes to make it up to you, my wife and to our daughter. I've been a shitty man to the both of you and you both deserve better."

Isabel
Going back home and seeing Mateo was all I wanted after the day I had. I really wasn't fond of the idea of seeing my fiance considering this argument was still very prevalent. I wasn't going to be the one to cave. Not after he threw our son into the argument the way he did. He knew better than that and he knew better than to question what I was doing as a journalist. It was my job but I made a mental note to not even acknowledge him when I got inside.

Getting down from my Fiat, I hurriedly made my way into the house, calling out to Mateo but becoming disappointed when my son never made his way down to me. After some more moments of silence in the house, I was going to go to his room until I saw Dawson sitting in the living room, watching something on the TV with no Mateo in sight. He would've been down here.

"Where's Mateo?" I asked Dawson, not sure if I actually wanted to know the answer.

"With my parents." Oh really?

With that, I rolled my eyes and went to our room, grabbing my laptop before I came back out and sat at the kitchen island, minding my own business while I did some work that needed to get finished. I didn't want to talk to Dawson and with Mateo at his grandparents, I had nothing else to do other than work. Ugh, he would let his parents take Mateo.

Amelia
Keeping a steady eye contact with Jayden as he relented from this petty argument, Finally. Resting a hand on my stomach, I nodded, admiring my wedding ring that reminded me of everything Jayden and I had been through together before the new rookie locked her eyes on him. We survived a possible conviction, a near death experience, and were about to welcome our second child into our chaos, and in my brief hysteria brought on by unnecessary insecurity, I actually thought this girl had a chance at swooping in and taking the only man that ever made me feel whole. I knew now, as he stood before me, ready to drop to his knees in forgiveness, that was utterly ridiculous.

Sighing in defeat, I began to speak into the crystal blue eyes that were searching my soul for answers.

"You are forgiven, but next time keep me out of you and Isabel's feud, and never compare me to the girls who have puppy dog eyes for you again. I know my place, Jayden, they need to learn theirs."

Dawson
"Isabel! Enough of this!" I uttered in annoyance as I followed after her, grabbing her arm gently to stop her from morphing into a recluse in the bedroom. "Are we going to talk about this or continue to leave it unaddressed? This isn't worth being this stubborn over, Whiskey. C'mon. You got the photos published and you're not sitting in a cell waiting to be processed, it's a win win on your end. You have nothing to lose here, so why simmer in it, amor?"

Jayden
When Amelia forgave me, I was in shock, but did my best to hide the confusion and shock from my face. I wasn't expecting her to forgive me so quickly. I was more than ready to grovel at the woman before me's feet and beg because I never liked when I angered or upset her, but now that she gave me another chance, I knew I couldn't blow it. I also knew that I had to put the rookie in her place and never compare Amelia to her. I shouldn't have done it in the first place.

"
I promise from here on I'll keep you out of any future fued's between Isabel and I and to never compare you again. I should've never done it in the first place and I really am sorry. I'll fix this, Amelia. You're my everything." I said with a gentle smile while I became captivated by those beautiful green eyes our daughter was so lucky to inherit from her mother. I will do anything to make it up to my girls.

Isabel
I couldn't help the scoff that escaped my mouth when Dawson asked me why I was choosing to simmer in my anger. He was acting as if what he said was nothing, that he didn't just throw my career and our son in my face. At this point, it was so much more than having my photos published and not being in a cell while waiting to be processed. What hurt was that my fiance really showed me in a time like this that he didn't stand by my choices as a journalist.

"A win win huh? Oh c'mon Dawson, I know you don't actually mean that," I really wish you would've let me just be a recluse in the room. "You tell me why I shouldn't simmer in my anger, Six. Considering you have an opinion about my career and the decisions I make. Oh, let's also not forget how you just threw Mateo into the middle of the argument as if I don't take my son into consideration during my decision making."

Pulling my arm away from him I bit the inside of my cheek, feeling the burning in my eyes build as tears threatened to roll down my cheeks. Don't cry.

"Never, and I mean never, try to threaten me with Mateo again, do you understand?" The tears started to fall then. Dammit. "That was a low blow and you know it."

OOC: Hi lovely people! I think, now is the time to confess the reason behind my absence. I feel like, if you stick around to read this, you should know why, and if there is no audience, like I try to tell Isabel, then it'll just be me telling the two of us what we already know. Lol. First off, this thread is and will always have a special place in my heart, and I will continue to come back to it until Isabel and I feel it deserves an end, so don't fret there. As for me, aha, ya girl found a Jayden and I am THRIVING, my hair is also red now. So please excuse my absences as I have a lot going on. Hehe. Isabel and I also have a lot of trips planned!! Anyways, hope your year is as amazing as the last four months of mine. Love y'all!

Amelia
"You're forgiven, but not off the hook," I replied in a soft sigh, sitting up on the couch, reaching for his hand, and when he gravitated toward it, I grinned weakly. "I think, to get through this tension between us, we need to go to counseling," I confessed afraid of Jayden's reaction. This was something that was never suggested during the entirety of our relationship, and while I recognized it to be a healthy solution to the difficulties we were facing, I was unsure how Jayden perceived it. It was not a means to an end, but it could come off as such.

"What do you think?" I asked hesitantly, biting my bottom lip as a sign of nervousness, while I ran my thumb gently into the palm of his hand.

Dawson
"Hey now, that's not fair," I protested, lifting her chin with my index finger. "I will admit that it was a little harsh and I am sorry for that, amor. I support you and all your journalism endeavors, you know that. But, as much as I want you to go out there and be a badass, I can never be okay with you risking your life in dangerous situations. I don't want to lose you, Isabel. I love you so damn much it hurts, and now, we have Mateo, and I never want him to lose his mother, either. I projected my fear onto you, a little too aggressively, but I don't want a life without you in it."

Last edited:
OOC: I promise there is an audience, I've seen it with my own eyes but yes, she's been thriving and living her life which we all stan and I honestly can't wait for all the trips we have planned! Florida is up first so I'll see Lexus there in March lol.

Jayden
When Amelia took my hand, I naturally gravitated toward it, giving it a gentle squeeze as I moved closer toward her, knowing instantly something was on her mind with the way she weakly grinned at me. I knew I wasn't going to be off the hook, she made that known, but I wasn't expecting her to suggest counseling. Counseling? She wants to go to counseling? I let the thought of Amelia and I sitting in front of a therapist run through my mind, instantly becoming worried that she may feel like this was a mean to an end. Stop that. You know that isn't true.

Releasing a soft sigh, I looked into those stunning green eyes that made my heart melt and moved my free hand to cup her cheek, stroking it as I smiled gently at her.

"I think it's not a bad idea," I told her softly, moving her lip out from her teeth. "Let's make an appointment."

Isabel
Now looking up at Dawson, I bit my lip as I listened to him explain why he was so harsh on me yesterday. I knew where he was coming from. My career would always be a demanding one, and I would do anything to tell the story correctly, even if it meant I would be putting myself in harms way. It had always been like that for me, even since the day Dawson and I met. I smiled softly to myself then, remembering a very worried cowboy staring at me while I cried over my broken camera.

Sighing softly, I took Dawson's hands into my own, biting my lip as I tried to formulate what to say. Right now, I felt horrible. Horrible because I would always put him and our son in this type of situation. You can't think like that, Isabel. You don't even go on assignments as often anymore. Stop making it worse.

"I know," I finally said, looking away from my pilot yet again while the tears continued to fall. "I guess I'm sorry too. I know it isn't easy for you when I put myself in situations like that, and I know it's one of the things about my career you would never accept. I wouldn't want a life without you in it either." But still, I guess I always hoped you would understand if I ever did die while on assignment, but I know better. That is too much to ask of anyone.

OOC: In this uneasy time of a pandemic, I will be active to spread some joy and laughs as we all practice social distancing. Please stay inside to keep your loved ones who at risk safe <3 I hope this puts a smile on everyone's face. I knowI need one since my graduation got postponed lmfao.

Three Weeks Later....
July 8
Amelia
In the last three weeks, to my surprise and relief, Jayden and I began to set our differences aside and work on building the strength of our relationship again. I was grateful for the change, considering we were welcoming another child into our family with my suspicion, today. Things felt different. The baby was laying lower, and this discomfort was different but familar, but wasn't strong enough to bring too much attention to it. The thought that my son or daughter would be here possibly by tomorrow though, made me laugh because that would mean Baby, as I had been calling them would be here with us on their due date.

Having done this before, I wasn't as panicked as the first time around, knowing now there was no reason to be. When the pain became more consistent though, I left the newsroom and called Jayden to meet me at home. Giggling when I found him waiting for me in the driveway, I accepted his hug, before I shuffled for my keys to let us both inside.

"It's not too bad yet, but it's coming," I said. "Every ten minutes or so." I said, taking a deep breath as another one hit, about a five. With how this was going I expected it be another slow and gradual labor. Releasing the breath when it was over, I checked the time.

3:24 p.m.

"It's for sure the real thing," I conveyed in a nervous laugh. "Can you call Isabel and ask her to keep Bel?"

OOC: Hi everyone! I hope y'all are washing your hands and being safe! This is a very weird and trying time to be in but hopefully we can bring some smiles to y'all's faces.

Jayden
When I received the much anticipated call from Amelia, I was quick to answer it and agreed to meet her back at the house. I wasn't doing much at work today, just catching up on paperwork, the most boring part of my career. I wasn't as nervous as I was when Amelia was in labor with Bel but that didn't mean that I wasn't overprotective of her in this state and wanting to be next to her every step of the way. With that being said, I rushed home as quick as I possibly could, sitting in my BMW as I waited for her to pull up.

I got out of my car when she did, leaning against it and smiling softly in her direction when she got out and taking her into a quick hug outside our house. "How're you feeling?" I asked her softly, kissing the top of her head before I pulled away and followed her inside. I nodded when she affirmed that this was the real deal, my nerves kicking in as I realized how soon Baby, as Amelia had been calling it, would be with us surrounded by so many people who will love them.

"I'll call Isabel right now. Sit down and relax while I grab the delivery bag and get stuff together for Bel." With that, I left Amelia in the living room and called Isabel first, chuckling at how quickly the photojournalist answered then followed it up with a loud squeal of excitement.

Isabel
To say I was excited is an understatement. The moment my phone rang, I quickly answered it, ignoring the photos I had pulled up on my desktop at work as I asked Jayden frantically if Amelia was alright. When he reassured me she was and then asked if I could pick up my mini me, I squealed with excitement at the revelation that my best friend was in labor.

"Of course I can get Bel. I'll leave work now. Be there in a flash!" When he thanked me I rolled my eyes, telling Jayden that he had no reason to thank me before I finished up the last edit before ejecting my hard drive and gathering my things, letting Matt, my boss, know that I was going to work from home for the rest of the day. As I walked out of the office, I made sure to text Dawson with the update.

"Hi amor, Amelia is in labor!!! Baby is finally coming out to join us! I'm leaving work now and going to pick up Little Bel from the nervous couple. Do you mind picking up Mateo from your parents for me? Te amo (black heart emoji)."

After hitting send, I started my car and made the drive to Amelia and Jayden's, my nerves skyrocketing with anticipation at the new life that was about to join us.

Amelia
Banking on the fact this was going to take awhile, I took to my spot on the couch and turned on the show Jayden and I had been binge watching on Netflix, a new mystery thriller of course. The suspense is what kept me entertained. It was one of the few shows that I watched in my life time that I couldn't guess what would happen next.

Pulling the Mexican blanket off the back of the couch, I curled into it, laughing softly when Liberty made her way to me, not leaving my side.

By the time Isabel made her way through the door, I was about 20 minutes into the show, still confined to the couch, mildly uncomfortable, but still bearable. I rolled my eyes at Isabel for her comment about me looking fine.

"Some of us have a high pain tolerance, but, it's still early," I informed before my daughter came running out of her room to greet her tia. "If you have to go back to work or you get tired of her, my sister can take her. She should be good for you though."

Petting Liberty's ears as the tightness and pain started to pick up again. I didn't want to draw attention to it, I didn't want to scare my first baby. Smiling at her when she came over to pet Liberty too.

"Liberty is such a good girl, isn't she?" When Bel nodded, I grinned, catching Jayden coming down the stairs with everything Isabel would need for her mini me.

Our daughter's contentness turning to confusion, and that's when I realized in the nerves, no one told her what was going on.

Picking her up and putting in my lap, as well as she could fit, I kissed her cheeks all over, making her erupt in girly giggles.

"Hey, pretty girl, don't be sad. I need you to go stay with tia just for the night okay? Because guess what? When you come back your little brother or sister will be here!"

Watching her blue eyes light up, I nodded when she asked me to pinkie promise.

"I promise," I whispered into her ear, interlocking her pinkie with mine. "I', sure you'll have lots of fun at your sleepover, but you have to be good and listen. Because when you wake up, you get to meet the baby, but only if you're good. Okay?"

Dawson
Getting the text from Isabel that Amelia was in labor, I couldn't help but smile and chuckle. A new life coming into the world was always exciting.

"That's exciting! I'll get Mateo from mom as soon as I finish here. What do you want to do for dinner tonight? I can pick something up or we can make something? Keep me updated about Amelia? Are we making bets on gender now?? Is Jayden losing his mind yet? Lol."

Isabel
"Some of us have a higher pain tolerance," I said in a mocking tone in response to what Amelia said when I said she looked fine. I stayed standing behind the couch, smiling when I realized Amelia was wrapped up in the Mexican blanket I bought her. It always touched my heart how open my best friend was to my Hispanic culture. It's something I've always loved about her considering multiple people in my past refused to accept the heritage we all shared then.

I giggled when my mini me made her way down the stairs and bee-lined straight towards me. I squatted down and took her into a tight embrace, standing and spinning her around before I set her back down to her feet after planting a kiss on her cheek. When Bel was born, she quickly stole a piece of my heart, one that no one else would ever be able to claim. Now, her sibling would claim another piece and make it their own. So much love for everyone.

"Don't even worry about work. I told Matt and he understands. Plus most of my job can be done from home so she's fine. You need to make sure you're taking care of yourself and go when it's time. Don't push it off until the last minute, Melia," I said sternly to her, knowing exactly how she was when it came to her being in pain.

I grabbed the bag from Jayden when he made his way down the stairs, grinning when I saw how nervous he was evident in his face.

"You alright there, Acciolli?" I asked him while I looked over at Bel and Amelia, listening to their conversation and smiling at how happy Bel was knowing her little brother or sister would be here when she got back. "I'm sure Bel will be on her best behavior, right Bel?" I couldn't help but chuckle when she nodded really big in response.

"I promise, Momma!" My niece reaffirmed before hugging Amelia as best as she could and jumping back down from her mothers lap, walking over and taking my hand.

"Go to the hospital, Amelia. Text us updates. We'll see y'all soon. Love y'all!" I said as I walked back out of the house, letting Bel get situated in the car before I got in and laughed at the text I received from Dawson.

"Thank youuuu, I appreciate it. I vote we just pick up something for dinner since we have two critters tonight. Chipotle work for y'all? I'll keep you updated and my bet is a boy. Jayden is 100% nervous."

Jayden
After both Isabel's left, I walked over to Amelia and stood behind her and the couch, leaning down to plant a soft kiss on her head. I was thankful Isabel continuously pounded into her best friend's head that she needed to admit herself when it worsened. We all know how Amelia is.

"How are you feeling? I got the hospital bag ready and I'm on standby. You're not just being stubborn are you?" I asked my wife softly, being extra careful around her and extra tentative as we await the arrival of our second child. "How far apart are the contractions now?"

Amelia
"Me? Stubborn? Neverrrrrr," I teased taking his hand and pulling him toward me. "I'm just pulling your leg. I'm not being stubborn, it's been pretty stagnant since this morning. They haven't got any closer together. It's not nearly as awful as the last time. We'll keep an eye on it. Come watch this with meeeeee. It's the last peace and quiet we're bound to get for awhile. Please?"

For the time being, I genuinely wasn't concerned about it.

Three hours later...
6:30 p.m.
Things were certainly picking up now, the contractions were stronger, but after calling the doctor to ease Jayden's mind, they offered the same advice they gave me this morning. Don't come in until the contractions were five minutes apart and they were still only seven.

Just like I thought, another long one.

"Mmm," I whispered against Jayden's shoulder trying to catch a breath.

I was starting to get nervous now, something wasn't right, but I didn't want to panic an already anxious Jayden. Getting a hold of myself, I looked up at him. "Call my sister, I want her please," I whispered almost helplessly. The last 30 minutes was getting to me, thinking my patience was wearing thin.

By the time my sister made it through the door an hour later, I was still convinced my strong front was fading. I was afraid now, because the breaks in between were cut in half in the last 20 minutes. The only thing helping was the warm water I was submerged in after Brooke told Jayden to fill the tub.

I couldn't catch a breath long enough to even acknowledge my sister, just nodded when I felt her come toward me to make sure everything was alright.

"It's almost over, Melia," I heard her whisper before she turned to Jayden, and I felt my water break, yelping in response I started to shake with the pressure intensifying.

"Good news, you get to meet your baby in the next hour, Jayden, the baby's head was keeping the sac intact. I just broke it but things are going to go even faster. She's almost at an 8. Relax though, she's safe and I've done this before."

I don't remember anything that happened after this point. They say your brain blocks it all out so won't remember how horrible the pain is. But I do know, my sister wasn't wrong, things happened quickly. In the the time it took me to move from the tub to my room after my sister ran around getting everything ready, it was already too late. I think I remember Jayden pleading for me to wait just a little bit longer, I didn't have control, shaking my head, I bit my lip too hard, tasting the blood.

"The baby is coming,"

And with those words. my sister came back in the room, keeping her calm, and probaly scolding Jayden to do the same.

"It's okay, Amelia, let it happen."

I heard her say over my screams.

This is really happening to you right now. I remember thinking. I knew then the only thing I could worry about was bringing my baby into the world, so with the strength I could muster, I did. I knew everything was okay when my sister stepped back and let Jayden catch the baby at its first cries, with it's head full of dark hair and chunky face. Isabel took longer, but her sibling was certainly bigger, twice her size even.

As my sister stepped in to help Jayden before he became to frantic, the cord was cut and baby handed off to me, tears swelling in my eyes as Brooke announced the arrival of our son.

"Happy Birthday, Baby Boy," she exclaimed as his wails got louder against my chest. I was in shock. It was only 8:47 p.m.

"A doctor is on her way," I heard my sister say, looking over at my husband who's gaze was completely locked onto me.

Last edited:
Jayden
I did everything and anything Amelia asked of me. We sat together, watching the one of not many series she could tolerate watching that kept her intrigued. I called Brooke when she asked me too, but it was when Brooke showed up and quickly rushed to Amelia that my anxiety hit the hardest and my worry was more than evident in my facial expression.

"Good news, you get to meet your baby in the next hour, Jayden, the baby's head was keeping the sac intact. I just broke it but things are going to go even faster. She's almost at an 8. Relax though, she's safe and I've done this before."

Hearing those words come from Brooke's mouth both excited me and worried me. Baby was finally coming. He or she wanted out of their mother and it was apparent with how quickly things sped up. Just moments before, Amelia's contractions weren't even seven minutes apart and now her water was broken.

Considering the amount of time I put into researching pregnancy and what can happen, I wanted to rush Amelia to a hospital as quickly as possible but my wife was in too much pain to move and Brooke advised me that wasn't the best move. The best move was a home birth and I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried as hell.

As Brooke got Amelia situated in the tub, I made sure to grab my phone and text Isabel and Dawson the update in our group chat.

"Baby is coming now. Home birth is happening. Brooke is here. I'm nervous AS HECK. More updates to come."

Putting my phone away, I knelt beside Amelia as she soaked in the tub, holding her hand and whispering sweet nothings to her knowing the chances of her retaining any of it was slim but I wanted to do the best I could in reassuring her that I was there and that I was not going anywhere.

When we got her into our bed, I called our doctor to tell her about what was happening, pleading to Amelia to wait for her but I knew she couldn't. The pain evident in her face told me everything I needed to know so I did as Brooke asked. I stood and waited for our second child to come out and when he did, I fell in love all over again. A boy. We have a son.

I tried to fight back the tears that threatened to fall at the sight of him. He was so handsome and made his presence known by both his size and his cries. He was healthy. He was here.

Our son.

After Brooke cut the umbilical cord and swaddled him up while still in my arms, I handed him off to Amelia, admiring both of them and taking this moment in, etching it in my brain for me to always have. My wife and my son. They were everything.

I leaned down to plant a gentle kiss on Amelia's forehead, smiling softly at her before I took my son's hand in mine, rubbing my thumb on the back of it as Amelia and I just watched him, admiring him as we waited for the doctor.

"He's handsome, Amelia. So handsome. Good job, Momma." With that, I leaned in to kiss her softly, pulling away and chuckling when our son opened his eyes and looked at us, his cries ceasing as our connection with him was fully made. So handsome. He's everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back