• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Anchored by Love (Draft Four... lol)

OOC: We got some advanced toddlers here. Lol.
Amelia
"That's definitely something we learned from mommy huh?" I asked, smiling when Mateo nodded timidly before I put him down to follow after his cousin who knew her routine well. Turning back to Linsdey I made up for what she didn't charge me for by throwing it in the tip jar, nodding when she asked about Isabel and Jayden.

"They're fine, we're about to go meet Jayden at the station for Family Day. The kids should have fun seeing everything. Mateo is going to lose it over the helicopter and the horses. Isabel, I finally convinced her to leave Dallas on assignment in Laredo, but no surprise, she's only gone for the weekend because the camera took send priority to her son," I teased. "I'm surprised she hasn't Facetimed him yet. I don't know which one of them hates being apart worse, but I'm keeping him distracted for the weekend so hopefully, he won't notice too much."

Once it was ready, I took the kids their breakfast, sipping my macchiato happily while I watched my daughter smear cream cheese all over her cheeks when she attempted to take a bite of her over-sized bagel.

"Woah! that's super big huh?" I asked as she continued to indulge in her breakfast while I helped Mateo coat his strawberries in sugar.

"What do you think, Mateo?" I asked when he continued to play shy. "I like your shirt, the anchors are cool. Who picked it out for you? Mommy?" Smiling when he nodded eagerly. "I knew it! Your mommy loves her anchors doesn't she?"

Jayden
I was excited for yet another Family Day here at the main station. It was a time for all Dallas PD officers to bring their families and just enjoy their time together. With such a high stress level job, days like this are what help us get through all the bad and I was looking forward to spending the day with my wife, daughter and nephew. I knew Bel and Mateo were going to love all the activities we had for the little ones and I knew Amelia could use this break. She always enjoyed taking care of both the toddlers but after a point, I knew from experience that their high energy became too much to handle.

I greeted everyone that came to the back area of the station but when I saw Amelia holding the hands of two toddlers, I laughed softly to myself at the sight but admired it while I could. She fell into her mother role better than she thought. I walked over to them, wearing my full uniform but no weapons were in my belt. I chuckled again when I heard Bel and Mateo scream my name and immediately hug my legs.

"Well hello to you too," I said teasingly, picking up Bel in my arms first before picking up Mateo as well. "Hi Beautiful." I added before I gave Amelia a gentle kissing, smiling when I heard a unison 'ew" from the toddlers. "Did they drive you crazy today?"

"Uncle Jay! Horses!" I heard Mateo exclaim while he tried to wiggle his way out of my arm. "Daddy, I want to see Liberty!" My daughter exclaimed. I shook my head at the two and set them back down, watching them immediately run off in their respective directions. I knew no matter where they went they would be safe considering this area was closed off.

"I'll take it as a yes. They definitely have a lot of energy today. How are you?" I asked her, taking her into my arms again before stealing another quick kiss. "I love you."

Amelia
"Aren't you supposed to stay with Liberty?"I teased, freeing myself from his arms. He knew I wasn't one for public displays of affection, but he continued to try.

"Keep an eye on them, I only have two hands and had to leave the cookies you requested in the car."

Rushing off, I came back shortly after with assorted six dozen chocolate chip, sugar, and lemon, Jayden asked me to bring and I happily obliged. An excuse to bake always made me happy because I considered it relaxing and therapeutic.

Looking over at Mateo, I shook my head when I found him atop the department's horse, Jogging toward him, I Facetimed Isabel and laughed when she answered so quickly.

"Leave it to your son to find the horses in two minutes of being here. Is he a Covington or what?"

Isabel
I hated being away from Mateo, even more so now that he was two and only continuing to get older. It blew my mind that he and Little Bel were already toddlers and I missed both of them dearly but I knew Amelia was right. It was finally the time for me to go out and get the same stories I was getting before Mateo. This time, I opted to make my way out to Laredo, a city that was practically split between the United States and Mexico. That was every border city but this one was home to Nuevo Laredo and the stories there blew my mind.

I was currently working on a story about a family of four who two children cross the border to go home but go to school in the states. They were born in Laredo, so they were citizens, but they also had Mexican citizenship. Their lives were just as Mexican as they were American and I wanted to capture that with this story so I was more than thankful when they agreed to it. I knew it was a story my work place would happily take.

I was back in my hotel room eating a plate of enchiladas verdes I was able to snag at a restaurant my family and I frequented if we were in the Laredo area. It had been years since we did so being here and having these enchiladas was refreshing. It was the only place my mom was able to find her enchiladas rojas. Humming contently with the first bite of rice, I was quick to answer the Facetime call when I saw it was Amelia.

"Hola!" I exclaimed, giggling when I saw Mateo on a horse come into view of the call. "Oh my gosh! He is definitely his father's son! You gotta send a picture of him in our group chat! Dawson would love it. Where are y'all? Is that the main station?" I miss Mateo. I want to go home already.

Amelia
"I brought them to Family Day hoping it will wear them out and we go to bed early tonight. Maybe f I get really lucky they'll take naps later but that's wishful thinking these days," I replied in a chuckle before Jayden helped Mateo off the horse and he ran over to the phone, taking it when he realized it was his mom. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at how much of a momma's boy he was. I just got him to stop crying over missing her before we went to breakfast and now, I was afraid all my hard work would be undone.

"We probably should have called your dad instead," I teased. Staying with Mateo while he talked to his mom, I watched Jayden pick up our daughter and run across the open field to the helicopter that just landed.

"Mateo look! A helicopter!" I exclaimed. "It looks so cool! Do you want to go see?" When it managed to grab his attention, I was relieved. When he asked to go see, I shrugged nonchalantly, "I dunno, you'll have to ask your mommy if you can first. She's the boss."

Isabel
I was more than thankful Amelia was the one watching Mateo. As a worrisome mom, I wasn't comfortable leaving him with just anyone so anytime Amelia offered, I was quick to accept. Plus, despite Mateo being attached to my hip, he did enjoy spending time with his Aunt Amelia and Uncle Jayden. I was just slightly sad I was missing everything he was doing at Family Day. I also wasn't surprised when my son ran over the minute he could and took his phone away from my best friend.

"Hi Amorcito! Are you behaving for your tia?" I asked my son with a bright smile.

"Si Mama! I miss you!"

"I miss you too babe!"

When his attention was directed towards the helicopter, I couldn't help but laugh to myself as I watched him look at it in awe and wonder. You're definetely your fathers son.

"Can I please go Mama?"

"Yeah love, go! Have fun. I'll be home soon okay! Besitos," I smiled when he blew little kisses before moving out of the frame to run towards Jayden.

"Thank you again for watching him, Best Friend. I miss him so much! Geez, why did I agree to leaving this weekend?" I asked teasingly. "I have to finish eating then I have an interview so I have to go but I love y'all. Send lots of pics! Stay safe!"

Amelia
"We're surrounded by the whole police department. I think it's safe to say we're safe, Love you! See you tomorrow!"

Hanging up the phone, I ran toward the kids to release Jayden to go back to his post to show off Liberty. The rest of the vent was a success doe the kids. The got to see every car, plane, and bus, got their faces painted ate a bunch of food and sugar and at the end of it, as I hoped, they fell asleep on the way home.

Laying them down in my bed, I let them nap while I curled into the couch. I wished Jayden could have come home as well, but of course, he got brought in on a call. Eventually, I fell asleep as well watching a home improvement show before I was rudely awakened by Liberty drooling on my face.

"Gross!!" I exclaimed sitting up in a groan, wiping my face with the blanket.

Jayden
"Liberty stop!" I said softly, trying to pull the all muscle German Shephard away from my wife. The both of us had just gotten home and every time Liberty make her way in, she runs all over the house. It's her way of making sure it's clear and safe but if there's anyone she grown comfortable with other than me, it's Amelia and it showed with the sloppy kisses she gave Amelia.

"She's trying to sleep, Lib," Grabbing one of her chew toys, I rolled it toward her chewing bone, laughing when she quickly followed them relaxed while she nommed on the bone. Smiling down at Amelia, I kissed her head gently. "Hi love. The kids asleep?"

After greeting Amelia, I walked to out room and stripped out of my uniform, throwing on some basketball shorts and a t-shirt on before I walked back out into the living room.

"When does Isabel come back again?"

Amelia
Jayden's effort to salvage my nap was too late. I had already been gooped with Liberty's dirt crusted slobbers. Getting up from the couch, I walked into the kitchen to wash off my bare legs now that I was in shorts after our family outing stained my jeans with paint and ketchup. By the time Jayden re-entered into the massive living room, I still was getting used to after moving into our beautiful new home. It was a showoff piece for sure, but I couldn't resist it's the modern charm and Jayden quick to please my tastes and wanting his daughter to have a home to grow up in was quick to put in the offer. it had been about six months since we moved in and I just finished decorating everything with my best friend's help of course, but it still didn't feel like home. It didn't feel real that this was my life now, and I never would have pictured it to turn out this way, but I was grateful for everything Jayden and I built together, and things were about to change again, but I was nervous to bring up this new change, but I knew I couldn't avoid it anymore.

"Can I talk to you?" I asked softly, playing with the wedding band on my ring finger as a coping mechanism. I was quick to reassure Jayden that nothing was wrong when I heard the concern lingering in his voice.

"It's nothing bad, I promise, I just, I've been keeping it to myself because I wasn't sure what you would say. it could be a big change."

Laughing anxiously when I could see how nervous Jayden was as he approached me, I offered a glass of wine before I poured my own. Taking a sip, I resisted the urge to chug the entire glass in one sip in reaction to my anxiety.

"I don't even know how to start this. Umm," Realizing I was playing with the ring again, I stopped myself.

"I got offered a new job, but it's not what you're thinking. It's not an advertising job." Another sip. "The Dallas Morning News called me almost a week ago, offered me a job as a general assignment reporter so more than likely, I'll have to start all over, but it's something. They told me the spot was open and several people vouched for me despite me having to leave the AP and said they would have to take their overwhelming advice and offer it to me. I have until the end of the day tomorrow to decide. I know it's going to be a huge pay cut and my schedule won't be as flexible with Bel, so I don' know if I should take it. It doesn't seem responsible. So I was leaning toward not, but this isn't just my decision anymore."

Finishing off the glass of wine I poured another before Jayden had time to form a thought and tapped the glass impatiently. If he was shocked, I couldn't blame him, it was a curveball that hit me in the gut and I honestly didn't know how to handle it. I never mentioned it to Isabel either, but I had an inclination she was involved in whatever scheme was pulled.

Jayden
I immediately became concerned when Amelia asked me if she and I could talk. She knew better than anyone I usually started to assume the worse and despite her constant reassurance that it wasn't bad, I still felt the pit of my stomach sink.

"Of course we can. Is everything alright?" I asked her, concern laced in my voice and I knew she heard it. I couldn't even begin to pinpoint what it was she wanted to talk about, but I was going to hear her out. The anxiety only continued to rise when she told me it would be a big change and offered me a glass of wine when I walked into out enormous kitchen.

Something big? Oh god, I feel sick. What is it?

To calm my nerves, I took a sip of the wine Amelia had offered me, eyeing her and I saw her slip into anxiety with the way she was playing with her wedding band. It was something I noticed she did a lot whether she was contemplating something, nervous or just bored.

When she was able to spit it all out, I blinked a couple of times, attempting to process what she just told me. She was right, this was big, but I wasn't shocked. I knew it was just a matter of time before she was given another job in the field she was meant to be so if I felt anything I was excited and happy for her. I wanted her to take this despite her worries about a cut in pay and a schedule that won't be as flexible as it was now. I knew she was putting her family first but after everything she went through, I needed her to do this for herself. I needed her to know that I supported this decision and wanted her to take it. Isabel loved working at the DMN and I had no doubt that she may have played a role in this. I also knew Amelia missed this and that she was getting tired of marketing. Push her to do it.

"That's amazing, Vix!" I said with a bright smile, setting my glass of wine down before I smiled at her while taking her free hand in mine. "Listen, we can afford the pay in cut. We'll still be financially stable so don't even worry about that." We all know your Virgo self has to be stable. "And as for your schedule with Bel, it's okay. It'll take a bit to adjust but we'll make it work like we have everything else. We're in this together and I want you to take this opportunity if you're ready to make that step back into the journalism world, Amelia. You deserve to be back in the scene and I know you'll do amazing things with the stories you tell. I vote yes to you taking this offer but only if it's something you want too and something tells me you do."

Amelia
"I haven't decided. I loved it when I was doing it, you know that at least I hope you do, it was a huge part of me and always will be no matter what I decide, but it's not just me anymore. I'm afraid that if I jump back into it I'll fall in love all over again but fall too hard and end of neglecting you two unintentionally and the last thing I want is for this to fall apart. It's a big commitment, that can't nessiscarly be balanced. There's the possibility that I would have to miss out on a lot. Holidays, birthdays, school events and I don't want my own daughter to hate me," I confessed in a ragged breath picking up the wine glass again.

"She's still little and is used to the routine, I just want the best for her and I'm not sure this is the time to decide to change everything she's used to. It scares me, Jayden. I know what it's like to feel second to something, and I can't do that to her. But that's my only hesitation."

Jayden
I knew Amelia's concerns were more than valid, and I knew no matter how many time I reassured her not to worry about Bel and me, she would no matter what she did. We were a family unit so I understood where she was coming from. I just wanted her to take this opportunity and go back into what I knew she loved doing. She still does, I just think she needs this little push.

"Hey, listen to me. It's going to be okay. Taking this is all up to you but I want you to know I am on board for whatever it is you decide. If you go back to doing what you're meant to do in this world, I'll support that and we'll make everything else work. I don't think Bel will take it the way you're thinking. If anything, she'll love it and love getting to say her mom does some kick ass work as a journalist and gets to meet so many different people. She'll find it admirable, kinda like what you tell Isabel about Mateo. It goes the same way for you Amelia. We'll be okay and we'll make this work. Bel and I want you to do whatever will make you happy. I'm still biased and say do it."

Amelia​
I knew Jayden was trying to get me to go back into journalism because regardless what he was willing to admit, years later, he still took the blame and guilt for me leaving my reporting career to protect both of us. Even though the trial and its consequences seemed behind us, I knew there was still a chance, that if I took this job it could all come back to bite us in the ass again. That scared me too, but I didn't bring it up because it was something that once it was over, we promised to never bring it up again.

This is something you need Isabel for.

But I knew, Isabel being my best friend first, would tell me to take it, especially if she had something to do with the setup because she saw what it once meant to me, and was still holding onto the dream we set out to achieve so long ago. I longed for the decision to be as simple as it would have been years ago when it was just me and Jayden or just me and Isabel. But I couldn't shake the fear of becoming more of a journalist than a mother, and every time I looked at my daughter, as much as I loved her, I still couldn't fathom being just her mother. I felt a sense of guilt for it, but I couldn't deny that I wanted to do so much more for myself and her than by just taking care of her every need for the rest of her life. I wanted to lead by example and show her she was worthy of anything she put her mind to, but most importantly, she could have it all if she just learned balance. I was still learning that part.

"You're not very convincing this time, Blue Eyes, but I love you for trying," I whispered, releasing a sigh, still unsure what to do at this point.

You're running out of time, Amelia.

The Next Day
Isabel
Being back in Dallas was refreshing for me, especially because I was missing my son more than anything. I got in a little later than expected so Dawson was able to grab Mateo from Amelia before me but I didn't mind. I had something else in mind for tonight since my son was spending time with his father. I was going to bug Amelia and take her to lunch but even more than that, I was going to bug her about the position I knew the DMN offered her and see what she had to say about it. I could only imagine she was too busy battling with herself over this and I was afraid she wouldn't take it.

When I arrived to Amelia's, I walked right in, laughing when I found her in the living room looking at me confused. Smiling, I quickly sat down next to her, releasing a deep sigh.

"I'm sure you already know why I'm here. Can I take you out for lunch? I already asked Jayden to watch Bel for us so the answer is yes," I grinned when I saw Amelia roll her eyes. "Hey! Don't roll your eyes at me. I've missed you just as much as I've missed Mateo and since Dawson already picked him up, I figured I'd steal you for the afternoon. C'mon pleaseeee."

I was practically begging now.

"I'll buy, food and drinks. It's all on me," I practically squealed when she relented. "Yes! Okay, go get dressed. I was thinking Spaghetti Warehouse. Pasta and wine sounds wonderful for this occasion."

When Amelia finished getting ready, I dragged her out of her house, releasing a sigh before yawning.

"I need this afternoon just as much as you do. Laredo is wild but let's not talk about that. Sooooooo," When Amelia looked at me puzzled as we got into the car, I shook my head. "You know what. The DMN offer. Please tell me you took it."

Amelia
With Mateo back with Dawson and Jaydn taking Bel with him to the store, I wallowed in the peace and quiet, still trying to convince myself that this change that I was so afraid of, was worth taking, but it was hopeless. Every time I picked up the phone to take the offer, I talked myself out of it. Sighing when I heard Isabel walk in, I didn't even have to turn around to know it was her.

"What are you doing here, Isabel? Shouldn't you be with Mateo?" I asked, rolling my eyes when she tried to convince me I was just as important. I knew why she was here and I didn't want to have the conversation she came for.

"You're not going to leave until I go, are you?" I asked throwing the couch pillow onto the couch before pulling myself out of the cushions. "Fine, but only because there's wine involved."

Dragging myself to my closet, I changed out of my lounging sweatpants and a t-shirt and into a white turtleneck and black and white plaid sacks. Slipping on the black boots to match, I stepped out of the bedroom closing the door behind me.

"What? You can't expect me to go out with you and not look the part when you come walking in here like that!" I replied defensively at her playful glares. "Let's go."

As soon as we got in the car, I got what was coming for me. Bringing a hand to my face, I sighed heavily.

"I haven't accepted or denied it," I replied bitting my lip nervously. I really didn't want Isabel to lose her temper on me right when she got home. "I want to, but I don't know if now's the time to do that."

Last edited:
Isabel
I was expecting Amelia's response. I knew better than anyone that she was torn between taking this job offer or not taking it and as a mother, I completely understood where she was coming from. I just needed her to know that taking this job wouldn't end up being what she was instantly thinking. I wanted her to know she deserved this and deserved to get back in the game like I knew she wanted. I was tired of her being in the marketing department quite frankly but I had to relay this lightly. I knew she was expecting my fury but right now, considering what I just saw at the border and the stories I worked on, I didn't feel like arguing right now.

"How did I know that's what you were going to say?" I asked her while I put the car in drive and began heading to our destination. I was starving and we couldn't get to Spaghetti Warehouse fast enough. "Well, hear me out?"

When I saw her nod hesitantly, I released a soft laugh.

"Don't be scared. I'm not angry. I get it, Melia. I get why you're on the fence about this. I would honestly be in the same position as you if I wasn't already an editor at D Magazine before I had Mateo," I began, releasing a soft sigh. Oh the things we would do for our kids. "But I also know that you more than anyone deserve to be in this field. We need you. You tell stories unlike anyone else, and I'm not just saying that because I'm your best friend. You know when it comes to this we always put that behind us."

I looked over at her with a smile before I giggled.

"Listen, Best Friend, you know as well as I do that you can't be just Bel's mom and you know that you're so much more than that. I know you're worried about not being flexible with your schedule anymore but if I recall, weren't you the one who told me to keep doing what I'm doing and to go to the border this past weekend?" I eyed her then, trying to contain my smug grin. "Why is any different for you? Because it isn't love. This is something you should take not for me, but for yourself, and it's something you shouldn't hold back from because of Bel. You know she's going to be more than taken care of and I think she would love having a kickass journalist as a mother. Don't you think she would learn a lot from that? She would get to see all the lives you touch and cherish her moms work just as much as she does. It's going to be okay, Amelia."

By now, I was parked but not in front of Spaghetti Warehouse. I was parked off to the side of the street right in front of the Dallas Morning News. I smiled when Amelia realized it. I did this on purpose and we were going to go eat Italian food no matter what she decided.

"Now, get in there and give them your decision like the boss ass bitch I know you are."

Amelia
This lecture wasn't new. I only heard it at least 100 times before, easily, and just like every other time, I rolled my eyes in annoyance at Isabel trying to convince me that I was worth this. Following the routine, I started crying too but pushed the tears away with the back of my hand.

I still hate this conversation every time it comes up.

"You know I don't know how to do anything just for myself," I whispered. laughing off the tears before I sighed heavily again. The last two years of my life were spent making sure Jayden knew I loved him, after everything he endured being in the eye of public scrutiny. I was giving him the life that at one point, we weren't sure he would get to have. Aside from my husband, my every move was my daughter. After everything Jayden and I went through to have a child, I wanted her to know she was loved, even if she couldn't comprehend any of that right now, everything I did to take care of her, I didn't take for granted and rarely let anyone else take my place.

While I didn't regret a single decision I made for the two of them in the last two years, I realized now that I was losing myself in the process. I was so obsessed with being a mother and a wife, roles I swore I would never give into, that I buried my own unhappiness with my work because they were worth more to me.

You told yourself this would never happen. Take back control before it's too late.

I knew if I didn't do this now, I never would, and I hated the idea that a decade from now, I would look back on the life I was living now and begin to resent Jayden for the opportunities I gave away to be what he wanted me to be the moment he decided to chase after me. That would mean that everything I was doing now, would end up falling apart and all of this, a majority of my adult life, would feel like it was for nothing. I would fail.

Catching a breath, I looked up, noticing where we were and I wasn't surprised. Isabel was notorious for dragging me through things that made me uncomfortable but were better for me in the long run.

Looking up at her, I returned the sly smirk.

"I'm not walking in there alone. Let's go."

Isabel
"Well that was fun, wouldn't you agree?" I asked Amelia as we were seated at our table, releasing a chuckle. The meeting we just got out of was more than what I imagined and I was so excited for Amelia to start up her career as a journalist again at a newsroom I knew she would enjoy being part of. That newsroom literally helped me build the foundation I needed to now being do what I do and if I was ever offered a position to go work for them again, chances I would take it would be likely. The only newsroom that could ever beat it is one that I still hoped Amelia and I would create together.

Ordering a glass of Merlot, I sat across from Amelia with a bright smile, content with how the day turned out and now excited to enjoy the lunch I was craving together. I was beginning to miss Mateo but I knew he was having a good time in Fort Worth with his dad at the ranch. I hadn't set foot there in awhile but I knew Mateo desperately wanted me to watch him ride with his Uncle Brett. Make sure you go at least one day soon.

Getting out of my head that never stopped racing with thoughts and shit I needed to do, I tried to focus my attention back on Amelia with a bright smile after we ordered and the waiter left us alone.

"So the Dallas Morning News huh? I never thought I'd see the day you would work there," I teased with a laugh. "I'm kidding. It'll be fun. That newsroom is def one of a kind. Enough about that though, how are you and Jayden? Did you tell him about the offer? What did he say?"

Amelia
"He was really supportive and did everything he could to convince me to take it despite my doubts, but he's not you," I replied in a half wink. "You know he'll let me do whatever I want because he doesn't want me to ever leave him. he worked too hard to get me to even look at him. How about you and Dawson? How are the shows? Hopefully not causing any fights between the two of you. I'm sure Mateo is talking his ear off about the helicopter. It should last until you walk through the door. He kept asking Jayden to go again. He's so precious. Thank you for letting me steal him."

Looking away for a second, I smiled down at my phone at Jayden sending me pictures of little Bel in her full winter attire, cute beanie and all, at their own lunch date.

She's so adorable. Leaving it for now, I looked back up at my best friend, noticing how tired she looked from just leaving assignment to drag me out of the house. These were the types of things we often did for the other. I never regretted them.

Last edited:
Isabel
I laughed softly when Amelia told me about Jayden being really supportive about this new chapter in their lives. I found it all funny because Amelia wasn't kidding when she said her husband would do just about anything for my best friend in an attempt to keep her. Jayden went through a lot to even Amelia's attention and now that he was married to her, I knew he would avoid doing anything to lose her forever. When she asked about Dawson however, my smile became small and weak. I loved that man but I secretly felt like we were drifting. Of course I didn't want to tell anyone that. It was just because we were trying to adjust to our schedules again.

"He says the shows are going great like always. I have yet to take Mateo to one but I think I'm planning on taking him to one in Fort Worth that's coming up. I think he'll enjoy getting to see his dad in action," I said with a chuckle. "You can always steal him from me whenever you want, as long as I can do the same with my mini me."

Looking at my phone, I noticed Dawson had sent me a picture of him and Mateo in the bathroom, our son on his shoulders laughing while my boyfriend took the picture. They were beautiful and I loved them both with my entire heart.

Glancing back up at Amelia, I noticed the way she was looking at me and it was the same look I always got when she knew something else was wrong. I sighed and shook my head then.

"What?" I asked her, biting my lip before I took a sip of my Merlot. "It's okay, Amelia. I just kind of feel like Dawson and I are drifting but I know it's just because we're both adjusting to our busy schedules again so it'll be fine. It'll work itself out."

Dawson
The day I was spending with Mateo was eventful. I adored this alone time we got to spend together. Up until now, I didn't have as much time to spend with my son as I liked. The travel schedule I was on was not family friendly so ultimately, I was using today to make up for it as best as I could.

After picking up Mateo from his Aunt Amelia and Uncle Jayden's I took him to breakfast and then we spent the morning out on the ranch with the horses, arguably Mateo's favorite place to be. It softened my heart when I saw the joy light up Mateo's hazel eyes. For now, I took him on rides with me, but eventually, I was going to convince Isabel to let me start teaching him to ride on his own. I could sense that she was nervous about the idea, but it was just as much a part of him as it was for me. It was important to me that me and my son could share this experience and continue to bond over it for years to come.

After hours of riding around 50 acres, I took Mateo home to bathe him, sending a picture to Isabel as a "We miss you." I styled his hair the same way she did every morning and bundled him back up for our next outing.

"Okay Little Bear, are you ready to go help me pick something out for momma?"

Mateo
I loved spending time with my dad. I knew he was a pilot and I thought that was awesome! What I didn't like was how long dad was away from momma and I but I loved that we went to the ranch! It was the best place in the world and I loved the horses! We got to ride them today and I got to see Grammie and Grammpy! It was a lot of fun and I didn't want to leave but dad said we had to go shopping. Shopping for what? I had no idea!

When dad sent the picture to mom, I looked at his phone and waited for a reply. I missed my momma already and just wanted her to come home. I was going to get sad until dad dressed me in another outfit.

"Something for momma?" I asked him curiously but smiled so excitedly. "What are we getting for momma? Is it something pretty?"

OOC: Mateo is just !!!!!!
Dawson
Picking up the toddler I chuckled at his curiosities. "Yes, I need it to be really pretty so she'll be super surprised. but I need your help to find the prettiest one of them all. Can you help me?" I asked helping him into the car seat while he eagerly agreed. "Okay, but we have to keep it a secret. Can you keep a secret, Little Bear? We don't want momma to know about it okay?"

I was certain after today, Mateo would forget what we were doing and that was the beauty of him tagging along, but still getting to be involved for the sentimental value was a plus for Isabel when she found out what I was up to. It was a long time coming, but I was finally going to attempt to ask her to marry me, for the second time.

Hopefully this time she says yes. The second time's a charm? Boy, I hope so, because I'm not asking again.

Driving to the jeweler's, I sighed, slightly irritated at the rain that was turning to slush from the cold. It meant no one on the road knew how to drive and I was too impatient.

After a thirty-minute drive lasted nearly an hour, I ran inside with Mateo on my shoulders, setting him to his feet once we were inside.

"Okay, let's go say hello to the people who are going to help us surprise momma."

After an hour or so, Mateo and I decided on the perfect engagement ring for Isabel and promptly left so we could meet her back at home now that her and Amelia were finished with their lunch date. Mateo being the momma's boy that he is, wanted to pick something out for his mom to have now, and I couldn't object to teaching my son how his mother should be treated. Agreeing, we went to the store to pick up a few of her favorites that now lined the end table in the hallway entrance.

While we both impatiently waited for Isabel's return, Mateo and I put together a dinosaur-shaped puzzle on the floor in the living room next to the fireplace. It was a peaceful scene, and one I cherished. I wished it never had to come to an end.

Isabel
After some well needed time alone with my best friend, I dropped her back off at her grand estate, as I liked to call it, before giving her one last hug in the car and drove off to see my boys. God I missed them, and the picture Dawson sent me of them was now my screensaver, I knew I was going to enjoy looking at it every day and hopefully it would bring a smile to my face whenever I was down at work.

I couldn't make it back to the house fast enough. Like my husband, I had a thin patience and was losing my mind waiting in all of this traffic due to everyone in Dallas, Texas not knowing how to freaking drive with the rain become slush. Sure I couldn't say much because when I first moved up here I didn't know how either, but I was seriously losing my mind with every minute that passed and made this twenty minute stretch from Amelia's house to mine a forty-five minute one.

When I finally arrived, I was quick to run out of my Fiat and straight for the door, unlocking it and opening it quickly. I never got tired of how beautiful this house was and I was forever going to adore it. Setting my jacket on the rack near the end table, I looked at everything that was on it and couldn't help but smile brightly. I love my boys.

Grabbing the vase of roses and sunflowers, along with a wrapped up box, I walked to the living room and called out to theones who meant everything in my life.

"Osito? Six?" I said, laughing when I heard Mateo's response loud and clear when I was in the living room with them.

"Momma!" My toddler screamed while running to me, quickly wrapping himself around my legs. I let out a gentle laugh as I smiled.

"Hola Osito. Did you behave for your dad today?" I asked him softly while he pulled away and nodded excitedly.

"Yes! We went to the ranch and I got to ride the horses for hours with him." I couldn't help but laugh at the emphasis mi hijo put on hours.

When he ran back to what he was previously doing with his father, I smiled when my pilot made his way over. Tiptoeing, I planted a gentle and loving kiss against his lips.

"Hi Amor. I've missed you," I whispered softly. "What's all this for?" I added while I held up the flowers and the box.

Dawson
Shrugging casually I could feel the sheepish smirk make its way onto my face. "It's a welcome home gift. We missed you. Maybe for Mateo, it's a bribe to never leave him again," I teased returning the kiss, filling the gap between us, grabbing Isabel by the waist. "I can't say I disagree with him completely. Kissing her forehead this time, I sighed contently. "How was Ladero? Did you finish the story? We're the good people to you or do I have to find someone to go down there and kick their asses for not respecting someone as talented as you?"

By now the loyal Apollo made his way over to Isabel's feet waiting for his turn to be loved on After Isabel's weekend away. He wasn't as hyper in his ripe age, but his love for Isabel never faltered. Even though our son loved to tantalize him, Apollo was overly forgiving.

Taking the gifts from Isabel's hands I set them on the coffee table for now and led her to the couch while she held her first baby in her arms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back