• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

ageless

"It wasn't meant to be this way; nonetheless, Verdania falls tonight.."

giffy-gif.746558

Verdania was the land of dreams - a place a lonely bard can journey to to become a legend. It was prosperous, and its inhabitants were fat and wealthy. Even the poorest of its folk did not go without a meal; there was never a night that someone that did not have somewhere to sleep. The king, Theodric, did not sit upon his fortune and lived a modest life, instead spreading it throughout his kingdom to induce its economy. Someone from outside of the city would not have been able to tell him from another man on the street - despite how his people glorified him. Trading posts were bountiful of goods and wares and commerce was steady. Kind and independent, its citizens were joyful and content.

Then, on the coldest of nights, a steady wind drifted in carrying the sounds of screams. Creatures, unlike any other, had appeared through a rift in the southern part of the kingdom. They brought terror and chaos - something Verdania had never struggled with. Before word even reached Theodric, thousands were dead, their bodies strewn apart in the dusty streets. Wolves the size of bears tore apart the ill-equipped guards of its cities, flying beasts stole children into the air, men as tall as trees cast spells that turned women into beetles.. Verdania was no longer safe. When it seemed that nothing could worse, as mothers held their dying children in their shaking arms, the news broke.

Theodric was killed by a dragon that now sat upon his throne;
and the world weeped.

Wise and cunning, the dragon called for people to serve him in exchange for their lives. He had no interest in rule, and sat upon the highest tower like a memento to the destruction of the beloved city. The town, long deserted, crumbles at his apathy and Verdania is no more.

In some ways - the kingdom adapted. Some were able to harness the energy that had been thrusted into the world, others learned how to defeat the large beasts. Yet monsters own the streets and the world has plunged into anarchy, a kingdom once peaceful now becoming a wasteland of chaos and evil. Commerce is too risky to be possible and the people are too poor to afford the luxury. The ground throbs with the greedy nature of those who are able to survive.

However, the heart of Theodric and the solidarity of Verdania has not been forgotten by all. A group of infantry that once served the king lives; learning to adapt to the world forced upon them. Lead by the only living prince, Ernest, the hope for peace still thrives among them. Eager to restore the land to what it once was, they work together to navigate the impossible project they have set before themselves.

The Heart of Verdania Lives.

C2AF2320-41F4-476D-87C8-71CA9D03EC8D.jpeg

Characters:
The Prince Ernest
His right-hand-man
Mage - claimed
Camp cook
Infantry 1
Infantry 2
Infantry 3
+

The Dragon
Leading Command 1
Leading Command 2
Servant 1
Servant 2

+

Anti-establishment group?
(can be flushed out if someone is passionate about this)

This is a fantasy setting, characters can be from other dimensions/monsters if they are not originally from the infantry. The people serving the dragon can be human or otherwise, it does not matter, as long as the characters are not god-like and are comparable to the level of other characters. This will be a literate role, so 1-3 paragraphs at least for each post. I am asking that people be at least 16+ and be able to respond twice a week, as it can be really frustrating when people do not reply. I am not going to write out rules, but please just be respectful of each other and I will set rules if necessary. Write 'fanastic' somewhere in your response if you have read this. Please just be creative with it and have fun! Don't hesitate to message me if you have any questions.

ACE68104-6EF8-4D53-9D34-C4ECDF332A63.jpeg

Attachments

• giffy.gif
    giffy.gif
    2.2 MB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Hey I was interest in the Right hand, and maybe one or two infantry if need be. Sure we could get a good thing going with few characters each :P Anyways I find it pretty neat idea

If we do go, I think I will take the leading command.
Since you said that the gender will be 50/50, just heads up that I mostly make female character xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back