• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Analogue: Mildly Hateful Procedures

which route do you prefer? Hyun-ae or Mute?

• *Hyun-ae

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • *Mute

• Forever Alone(let's put some real space stuff here, ok?)

• Harem(We will find a way; We always have...)

• Total voters

Thaumaturge

The ice-cream truck

• Year 3615, November 1st(OOC: in the RP, I'll use the date when the RP would start.).

With mankind constructing space colonies(like the one in the movie 'Interstellar') spread across the whole galaxy, the Saeju colony, which was being constructed by APEC(Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation; members include, but not limited to, USA, China, South Korea, Japan, Russia, Australia, Taiwan, and Singapore.) with the support of SpaceX, orbiting 30 Astronomical Units away from Antares, has discovered a rogue South Korean generation ship, called Mugunghwa, near Antares B. A space shuttle, containing 2 to 4 crewmen and a science lab module, was launched to the generation ship after communication efforts with it had failed.

An analysis with the shuttle found that parts of the generation ship was contaminated with considerable amounts of Barium-141 and Krypton-92. The Mugunghwa, hence, was deemed unsuitable for direct approach with the space shuttle, and the plan was changed so that only the science lab module would dock with the shipwreck. The shuttle, aka the Gell-mann(named after Murray Gell-mann, the introducer of quarks), was assigned a retrieval mission of the Mugunghwa’s log files: Details of the mission are to be explained below.

The Mugunghwa Recovery Mission

Primary Objectives:

Identify if the spacecraft is inoperative, friendly or hostile.

Gather data and possibly AI from the spaceship.

Secondary Objectives:

Perform science experiments and analyse ship's local environment.

Salvage useable parts and rare earth metals from ship.

Details:

The primary mission will be performed with the science module only. Analysis of the AI and records will be conducted by Ryu A-ram and his AI assistant, THANOS(Telemetry and Heliocentric Autopilot and Navigation Orbiter System)(who will each be played by me and @Bills352 as far as I was informed...

So, for those who are interested, welcome aboard! This is Pilot @Thaumaturge, at your service. Strap yourselves for the ride :)

P.S. Apparently the tabs in IC doesn't work here......just edited it to make it convey more sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
@drummerboi

Erm, no, sorry, but you can be an AI... Was that good enough?

Actually, why don't you search up 'Analogue: A Hate Story'? It's a visual novel-ish game created by Christine Love, and there's some brilliant storytelling from the game. Trust me, you'll gonna love it if you don't hate reading(but frankly, I don't see how people who do RPs hate reading...).

@drummerboi

Actually, if you do know the game well and think that you know a good way to bring aliens into this, please tell me about it. This is an interest check after all, and I'm always welcoming good plot twist ideas...

@Bills352 (and that is also a summoning call, mate), so I'm not sure we have a *Mute, I'm just guessing that he is still in. As soon as the spots are filled, I'm gonna make an IC thread. Also realized that the tabs were......let's just say that it didn't come out as well as expected. Yes, I will likely use this thread's overview section for the IC thread.

Only role I might be able to play well would be maybe a trooper/security assigned to the ship. I have never read the vn so that might be out of place.

How about a co-pilot(or some other crew of the Gell-Mann) then, @Saint Nhoj ? Or you can be Ryu's(My) personal assistant AI, THANOS.

Me and the pilot will do all the geeky space maneuver stuff, I promise.

Thaumaturge said:
How about a co-pilot(or some other crew of the Gell-Mann) then, @Saint Nhoj ? Or you can be Ryu's(My) personal assistant AI, THANOS.
Me and the pilot will do all the geeky space maneuver stuff, I promise.
I can fill the role of THANOS but I make no promises to how well I do so. Could you shoot me some details on the type of AI I would be playing?

@Saint Nhoj

Ok, let's start with the abbreviation and basics:

THANOS stands for Telemetry and Heliocentric Autopilot&Navigation Orbiter System.

So basically, it(or he, depending on how you interpret the details below) is in full control of the science module's engines, safety measure systems, autopilot and navigation system(only when orbiting a celestial body, as suggested by 'heliocentric'), software, communication with the shuttle......ah, screw that, let's just say that it has full control over the science module as long as Ryu allows for it.

Technically, THANOS is supposed to have no emotions since it is just an AI, but it seems that Ryu and THANOS shares a very deep emotional connection, besides from being an amazing duo. So it's basically like Cooper and TARS from Interstellar.

So in summary, THANOS is a traditional computer, has no emotions, and is not in any way alive......or is it?(up to you mate, up to you...)

Time for a quick overview of everyone's roles!

The Hacker(Nathan Ryu) is filled by @Bills352

The Archiving A.I., formerly a resident, of the Mugunghwa(*Hyun-ae) is filled by @The Succubi Queen

The Head A.I. of the Gell-Mann's science module(*THANOS) is filled by @Saint Nhoj

The Pilot of the Gell-Mann(insert name here when filled) is empty, and required to be filled.

Other crewmen and A.I. of the Gell-Mann are empty, and optional.

Mission Control from the Saeju colony construction team is currently empty, and optional(if left empty, I'll take the spot).

Did I get everything right?

Aaaaaaaand turns out that we have 2 votes for the harem ending, and none for anything else......

Did anyone pick it for the sake of that Interstellar reference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back