• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

An Unintentionally Snobby 1x1 Search

Sofa King Fancy

You Have No Idea How Fancy
Sofa King Fancy's

Fancy 1x1 Search

Just call me SKF, Sofa, Fancy, or whatever you find to be the easiest. I am of a gender and an age that is not important to whether or not you RP with me. What you should know is that I have been RPing for 15 years on and off, and I have seen some shit. Seriously. From the horrifying reaches of CompuServe Chat to the disgusting depths of Yahoo! IMs. I more-or-less have been RPing since the internet form of it was born. I've also done some table-top dice games, but not as frequently. So, I'm not easy to scare off, but I have grown tired of the same-ole-same-ole. And I'm looking for something new and exciting!

So, I've found myself with a bit of free time (not too much, mind you), and I want to make some friends on RpN. You know, before I start trolling around the Poetry & Prose section critiquing folks. I enjoy critiquing. I'm even in a group that meets once a month to go over short stories and novel chapters. Don't worry, though, I won't do that to you. Just thought you should I will be silently judging you. Kidding! Kidding!

I also think I'm funny.

Just go with it.

And without further ado, here is my RP stuff. Please excuse the hoighty-toighty-ness. I have a tendency to come off as a fancy sir that is sipping tea and listening to classical music. I'm not... so... not.

1. I write in past tense, third person. That being said, I might be interested in doing first person but only if it works with the plot. I can’t do present tense. Sorry, I suck.
    2. I enjoy detail in my RPs. That being said, there is a fine line between detailed writing and overwriting. When writing with me keep the mini-skirt rule in mind: long enough to cover what needs to be covered, but short enough to keep it interesting.
    3. I want older partners, because I am older. So please be above the age of 18. That being said, I am not going to ask your age. But if I get a whiff that you are going to want the RP to go into a juvenile direction, I will politely decline. I want mature RPs. And by that I DO NOT mean RPN breaking rules. I mean RPs that are sometimes dark, and deal with subject matter beyond going to high school and having a melodramatic romance.
    4. Please plot with me. Don’t pick out what you want to do and say ‘go.’ We need to create a plot, a world, rules for said world, and the denizens of that world. I know that sounds like a long process, but hopefully it’ll be worth it.
    5. Once in the RP is in full swing, please stay in contact with me. We can chat via conversations or skype. I am fine with either. I don’t mind plot twists within the RP but please don’t turn it on its back without consulting me first. We built this baby together.
    6. The frequency of posting is entirely up to us. Lets decide this together. I warn you that I probably won’t be able to post multiple times a day. Maybe once a day. But more realistically: once every couple of days. I will wait up to two weeks for a post before I call the RP dead. Let me know if something happens, and posting is going to be delayed. I will give up, entirely, on an idea in a month’s time.
    7. I can do M/M, M/F, F/F, platonic, or any other gender binary you want to fiddle with. I usually play male characters, but I can do anything. Truth be told, romance isn’t so much a clincher for me as the realism of our genders and our character’s relationship within the RP.
    8. Don’t be afraid to suggest what you want to play to me! I am very open to things, and I’ll hear your idea out. Whatever that may be.

Now, that is that. Shoot me a message or post on here if interested. Be sure to include what you interested in, whatever ideas you have, and a link or a spoiler tag with samples. I promise I am not going to be too judgmental when it comes to the samples. I just want to make sure we will jive writing-style-wise.

Thanks for reading!

No. Seriously. This was a lot of shit.

*salutes*

I want it to be known that I am going to be picky. I promise this is not because I’m some uppity elitist with insane requirements. It is because I don’t have time for a lot of one on ones. I am currently working on a group RP which will be taxing in its own right. Also, I like giving my all to one on ones. If I have a lot, I am going to half-ass it somewhere. So, I want a few. I also want ones that I am going to be excited about, and ones you’ll be excited about as well. I don’t join a ‘meh’ idea because I am bored, and I don’t want you to feel like you are joining a ‘meh’ idea because you are bored. I want us to vibrate with excitement every time we see a post in the one on one (disclaimer: please remember to put your vibration setting on low to avoid hurting yourself.)

I'm sorry I could not contain my excitement when reading your writing. I have been searching for all those requirements for a long time. Mind you I'm just turning 18 but I have almost ten years of writing/roleplaying under my belt. I'm very, very passionate about role-playing/writing and the arts in general. I notice you haven't reached the 10-post mark, so I'll just explain(persuade) you to give me a chance, on here. I try to become one with my character, and pour my heart out into these stories. I've been known to go onto hiatus, but I finally have a stable source of internet connection. I spend all my time typing on my little keyboard trying to fit myself into the world I'm describing. I've got many many samples I could show you. I love fast-actioned fantasy based roleplays, and more often then not the vibes are dark. I only wright in third person, past tence. The plot-lines that give me the most joy are often very dark and detailed, meaning I do write gore and love very eerie settings. I mostly play male roles, but I use to play only female roles. I would love to hear some more ideas from your head. I believe we could make a masterpiece together.

Edit:

I also play M/M and M/F roleplays.

The storyline, however, is the first thing in mind. Romance isn't needed, but I prefer it as long as it's slow in blooming.

Edit again:

(because I can't stop thinking of things)

I can play female roles, I am just as good a writer with any gender.

Edit (again what the hell):

I will probably draw our characters/ make an attempt to create a manga out of our roleplay if the storyline and out chemistry is wonderful. (I'm already planning a Doujinshi created from a Fandom Roleplay for "Shingeki No Kyojin (Attack On Titan)") .

*waits with anticipation* O.o

Here's a small sample of my writing. This is an opening post to the Shigeji No Kyojin( Fandom ) In Our Darkest Hour

Warmth engulfed Eren, wrapping him in soft darkness. He felt safe here, like the quiet could keep him company, keep him sane. His hands were bound to his side, as if he were bundled like a newborn. His eyes fluttered open, eyelashes licking his cheeks as the swirling black shattered, leaving him to stare into the young face of a meek blond haired boy, excitement lacing his blue hues. "Eren!" he sang, Armin's childhood laughter bringing him into a gentle memory. "Eren! The gates are open!"

The young taller male blinked once, confusion deep in his eyes. "Armin-- that's impossib--"

"Come see!" A ten-year-old Arlet hastily replied, forgetting Eren's blank stare. He reached forward, grasping onto the other's hand. The comfortable heat was quickly lifted, pulling him from a soft down of blankets that lay in a heap below a weeping willow tree. He'd been here before. He tried to rip his had from his subordinate's but his feet wouldn't allow him in any other direction. "We can finally see the outside world! I can find my parents, and we can find the sea !" the bright smile that played on his lips caused the soldier to stop his resistance. He towered over his young friend, their age difference being night and day. His stomach lurched as they rounded the corner, gaze falling upon a crowd of people pushing and shoving each other to get through.

"This is wrong, Armin. This is all wrong." he whispered, but no words came through. With every step he took towards the wall leading out of the Shiganshina district the earth quaked under his feet. "Armin, get away from, here!" he paused, glancing around them. "Where's Mikasa!?" panic rose in his throat as a small figure struggled to clear from the clutter of bodies narrowing in. A hand shot out from between their legs, and in seconds a young Ackerman was racing towards them, cheeks burning. The sight of the girl unscathed made a sigh of relief escape the titan-shifter's teeth. He took a step forward...

Crack!

His heart screamed into his eardrums, the rush of blood filling his head.

BOOM!

Tiny fingers slipped from his hold, causing a yell to explode from the soldier's mouth. Rocks flew into his face, choking him. A rush of wind swept over him, the world tilting as he felt weightless. The sensation of flight was quickly dismissed, his body colliding with the side of a thick stone building. Dust cleared, debris from the gaping wall scattered among the masses. Corpses littered the streets, arms missing torsos, bodyless limbs everywhere. A red scarf fluttered to the ground in front of his feet, a dark stain freshly splattered across it. That's when his gaze met the horror-struck sapphire eyes, golden hair disheveled. Tears blurred his vision, cradling the severed head of Armin, Mikasa's body nowhere to be seen.

Emerald hues shot open, an audible screaming waking him from his deep sleep. Sweat trickled from his brow, his chest rising and falling at a high pace. The damp cloth that had been placed over his head a few moments prior fell against his legs, a wet slap pulling him into reality. Fear gripped his tongue as he searched around the room frantically, sunlight glistening upon three worried faces. It took Yeager more then a couple of moments to realize the cries had come from his own vocal cords, his throat feeling raw. It had been at least 48 hours since the fall of the Female titan, the pounding in his head making the room spin. He fell against his elbow, the rate at which he'd sat up in bed causing a sickening pull on his insides. Mikasa placed a hand on his shoulder, trying to forcefully make him lay back down. It had only been a dream. A very vivid nightmare.

"Calm down Eren." she sighed, standing up and walking towards a new cadet he'd never laid eyes on. Her hair was shoulder length, a dark maroon that glistened in the morning sun. Her small frame compared to the meaty soldier she was standing next to was what caught his eye.

"Charlie watch over him, I have to notify Hange. This is the first he's been awake in two days." she said whipping the tattered old scarf around her neck, and burying her lips in the fabric. "Make sure he eats something." She ordered before sauntering out of the room, the bulky soldier following after her.

Eren gazed at the ceiling, his tired eyes drooping. A rumble in his stomach signified his lack of nutrition, but the mirrored dream that replayed in his head detoured him from any sort of edible substance. Swallowing hard, he sat up again, this time propping his back against the headboard. He glanced sideways at the new face, taking in her soft features and amber eyes. Who was she? Had he really been so dug into the chaos of everything, he'd completely forgotten the faces of the new recruits? Silence settled over him, his slow breathing the only audible sound in the room. Even the dust motes in the air held the quiet.

Another roleplay. My character: Ash Karma's opening post in the Original roleplay. Skineater

The last thing Ash had remembered was being buried alive.

A burning in his chest had spread from his ribs to his throat, a sore aching feeling that wrapped tightly around him. He shifted his head from side to side but the only thing he could see was a long. rectangular tunnel descending into the sky. Small slivers of light from the night sky stared down at him, mocking him with their freedom. He attempted to sit up, but found his now numb limbs were bound and shackled by large iron chains. He felt panic rise in his chest, his tongue going dry. He opened his mouth to scream, but as soon as his jaws wrenched open, a barrel full of dirt came crashing down onto his face. He felt chunks of dirt and grass fall into his throat making him gag and cough as his yells became louder. "No! Help!" He heard the heavy laugh of someone familiar, a feminine voice dripping with malice. "S-someone!"
cough cough "Please!"

His worst fears were coming to reality, gripping his body and shoving him into his own nightmare. Gritting his teeth he kept his mouth shut, clamping his lids closed as shovels scrapped at the ground above. Cold earth filled the cracks around him, he could do nothing to stop this. He'd die in here, alone and hungry. Where was his mistress when he needed her? Where was his guide...

~~~

A beeping sound ripped Ash from his deep slumber. The ground shaking around him. He could hear loud screeches and grinding coming from the world above, seemingly growing louder and louder. Footsteps rumbled the soft clay overhead, the sound of people making his stomach leap. How long had he been down there? How much longer would he have to wait? Hunger gnawed at the back of his throat, his mouth salivating as the smell of flesh grew nearer and nearer. A long claw ripped up the earth above his head, freeing his body into the artificial stadium lights.

"Holy shit!" A man exclaimed, turning off the engine of his machine and clambering down to see what he'd dug up. The only thing visible of the ashen-blond male was his face and shoulders, eyelids stuck shut tightly. He unearthed him, yelling and panting as sweat dripped from his forehead. "Guys guys! I think he needs help!" Ash tried to move, but remembered the chains that bound him, keeping him from twitching, breathing, or even speaking. Like a spell. One of the men came bustling over, a large red bolt-cutter grasped firmly in his hand. "He looks like he's been in there for a long time. Should we call the police?" One asked, while the others stood back and watched the links being cut into slivers.

The chains loosened around him, breaking the heavy enchantment.

Now wandering the streets, Ash glanced back at the empty work site. There was no sign that anyone had been occupying the workspace, except for the running machinery. He cleared his throat, light-green eyes glancing from side to side as the memories of the workers embedded themselves into his skull. He cringed, his hand falling over his mouth that was shut tightly.
Why, why did you do it? Why did you kill those men? He ran his hand down his soft neck, the burning in his throat and churning in his stomach never seizing to stop. He gazed around him, his environment foreign and unappealing. The grass was dying, the air smelled putrid, his trees were lost, and he was alone. The sound of chirping crickets kept him company as he walked barefoot down the road. His body was covered in ancient hemp clothing, soot and grass staining him. A large hole in the middle of his shirt showed pale skin, and a thick scar running between his breastbones. He breathed in the putrid-smelling air, and paused. Something new drifted into his senses, making his body grow tense. It was sweet, like sunshine. He breathed in the scent, following its trail until something caught his eye. He pressed his body against the ally wall, a cloud of shadows suddenly wrapping around him. It was almost like a camouflage, something he'd learned about himself when he was just a young lad. It had come in use when the farmer would go searching for him along his crops, trying to catch the chicken thief. A slippery voice filtered into his ears, the smell of the man's soul foul and disgusting. His mind reached with the disgusting dark-minded man's thoughts, making him growl under his breath. He peered around the corner, catching a glimpse of a small woman being handled with a knife. His eyes met hers, even though she wouldn't be able to see him, he looked into her pupils. Something glimmered, making his chest ache and head pound. He needed her.

Instincts took hold of him and rammed his mind into a swirling cloud. His judgement scattered, all common sense seizing to hold up against the animal that ravaged his insides. The shroud of darkness fell, and a blur of pale skin and green eyes was seen for barely a heartbeat. Suddenly the tall ancient male was grasping the attacker by the arm, his grip so tight the man's bones scraped, shattering against each-other. A yelp of pure agony escaped the man's throat as he dropped the girl, trying to free himself of the calm-faced man.

Hundreds of needle fine teeth fell from Ash's gums, crowding his mouth in a sea of white death. "Didn't your ma teach you how to treat ladies?" He breathed, eyes shining under the moon's light. The man opened his mouth to speak, but only smiled. The attacker lunged his knife into the side of the strange man, a deep squishing sound telling him his target had been met. The pain made Ash's lids open wide, his pupils shank and suddenly all the humanity within hues eyes had vanished. His mouth opened wide, long thin teeth sinking deep into the pig's neck. A sickening gush of blood splashed across his face. Ash ripped his head to the side, sinews of muscle detaching from the man's body and ripping his skin. A long slab of red meat dangled from the creature's mouth. He tilted his head back, allowing the flesh to fall down his throat and splash into his stomach with satisfaction.

Pale-faced, and choking on his own stupidity, the dirty man fell to the ground, leaving a long streak of scarlet along the gravel as he scrambled to back away, one hand covering the gaping hole in his neck. He sputtered and groaned, life leaving him so quick he barely had enough time to cough up his own blood.

The blond haired man turned towards the girl in a heap on the ground, his crazed eyes now growing with concern. "Are you hurt?" he asked, her scent traveling into his face, hitting him almost like a wall. He swallowed hard, his gaze pinned onto her pupils, a light shining through so brightly it made him almost quiver. He extended his hand, nails shrinking from long talons into soft fingertips.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back