• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Waterbound

Nadia met Sky’s eyes, a deeply worried look gracing her features, clearly not happy with her lover choosing to go alone yet knowing there was no stopping her. "Alright Sky… be careful…” she hugged her briefly, then watched as she allowed her tail to form, unable to take her eyes off of her afterwards. Nadia bravely remained at the edge of the shelf where the water became deep in order to help Sky up should she need it. For the next few moments, time felt to Nadia as if it slowed far beyond a crawl, her heart thumping very much like a panicked wardrum as she anxiously awaited any sign of her brave girlfriend’s return.

When she finally saw that blue head of hair emerge, the expression on the face below it one of pure terrror, Nadia instinctively reached forward and took both of Sky’s hands with her own and began to pull her up the moment before her panicked demand for the gesture was uttered, Glen and Faye then joining in. Once she was safely on to dry land, Faye beat Nadia to her question.Her eyes widening, Nadia whirled around, facing the water, backing up against the side of the raised section of the pool so that she could see and react to the approaching intruders, at as safe a distance as possible, ensuring that she was floating protectively in front of her loved one.

It was not long before a woman flaunting sharp rows of teeth in a grimace surfaced, the judging-bordering-hostile look in her eyes causing Nadia to back up so fast and carelessly that she cut her back on the stone, making her think about how fragile it was compared to the scaly skin of her tail.

Nadia let her lover and friends speak, and simply transfixed the predators with as non-terrified a stare as she could imagine. Since she was still in the water, that might have a assumed her your average merfolk against the other three, which was completely fine by her. Maybe she could protect Sky better that way, she figured, feeling blessed at the thought.

Just as she suspected, the fearsome intruders immediately began interrogating the three fish out of water, so to speak. As things became more and more heated, Nadia watched the mysterious newcomers more carefully, glaring at them as if to silently warn them against harming Sky. They seemed to be utterly ignoring her now, however, as, being unable to step free of the water and transform, they clearly thought of her as a common Mer and not a Royal, as they were convinced the other three were. The intruders, voices raised, the tension rising with them, until it reached the boiling point.

The next thing she knew. Nadia’s deep blue eyes shot wide open as, without a clear reason, the shark-Mer who seemed to be the group’s leader forcefully pressed Sky against the wall while the others poked and prodded at her tail, seemingly trying to discern something. If she could’ve, Nadia would’ve risen straight out of the water and, in all honesty, risked the lives of the people she cared for most by acting recklessly. So, perhaps, this was another upside, however small, to the curse she found herself subjected to.

Nadia let out a sigh of relief when finally, they let Sky go, wrapping her arms about her the moment she jumped into the shallows with her, her snake-like tail following, wrapping about her legs gently. She simply held her there for a while, not a word shared between them, until the seven wanderers left.

Only once the others had said their pieces did Nadia speak, choosing her words carefully. “I’m not sure about this either… but… our only plan before now was to stay cooped up in here for the near future. I don’t trust them, but if they say they can find us a better home, then… I think it’s worth taking the chance.”

She waited for her words to sink in among the three before continuing. “If you want to go ahead and tell them that we accept, it’s better to get it over with then give them a reason to barge in here again.”
StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Sky was about to speak up about going to break the news when Glen got up before her. “I’ll go do it, you two stay here.” With that he would remove his shorts and slide in. “I told him not too.” Faye would grumble, waiting for her fiance’s return.

Once he would, the group would then fall into an uneasy silence. Faye and Glen were cuddling on the rocky shelf while Nadia and Sky were doing the same underwater. She was intertwined in the woman’s tail, arms wrapped around her torso with her head resting on her lover’s arms. “We have to decide a wedding date.” She’d murmur softly, her voice not optimistic in the slightest. Things weren’t looking up, that was for certain.

They were woken by the group rather rudely, the eel shouting and saying that they were going to be heading out in a few minutes. Faye, after leaving a note for Mia, had to push Glen into the water, he being reluctant to do so himself while the other two lovebirds were already transformed. The group would wordlessly join those outside, the predators casting them odd looks as they emerged from the cave. “Are we ready to go?” The sharkwoman would ask, the four of them nodding in response before they finally left, swimming further and further away from the island.

The trip was mostly silent. The seven of them almost herding the four in the correct direction, keeping them moving. Sky was sure they had to have been swimming for what felt like hours now, her tail and abs were killing her, and because they had never swam thing much at one time, it was insanely taxing.

Veshira was feeling the exact opposite. She was thrilled, barely able to contain her excitement. Finally, leading these idiotic merfolk towards the ritual site so she and others under her command could regain their legs… it was almost too good to be true. A large grin would be plastered onto her face, sharpened teeth a stark white against the darkening ocean as she sped up the pace, wanting to make it there before nightfall.

And… they did.

The sun was just setting as they arrived, the area appearing to be some sort of ruin. Faye, Sky, and Glen were all utterly spent. They were directed towards another small underwater cave where they were all quick to huddle together in a mass, it not even being question whether they were going to gal asleep or not.

The others, however, were preparing. The center of the ruin was a sacred spot to them where magic was extremely potent. All they would need to do is exchange a bit of blood with the other party when the moon was right over the location and the transfer would be complete.

Midnight, it began. First one of their grunts snuck in silently, putting a hand over Sky’s mouth as he dragged her out. He was far stronger than her, and with how sore she felt due to having swam all last day, there wasn’t much of a fight. Being pulled through the ruins and towards the center where the shark was.

“So happy you could join us.” She cooed, drawing a makeshift knife from her belt, the grunt holding her down. “I knew you lied to us.” Sky snarled, not bothering to try and get away. “If you knew then why did you come?” Veshira chuckled back, using her knife to cut a vertical incision on her left arm. She didn’t want to kill her? “This is just going to take a moment.” She sang, doing the same on her left, making sure blood welled in both before pressing her wound against Sky’s.

It hurt like hell.

A hand was once again cupped over her mouth as she screamed and struggled, the searing pain going directly from her arm down her spine to her tail. The whole appendage felt as if it were on fire, her scales crawling as if they were made of bugs. Veshira seemed to be getting a bit of it as well, but looking to be enjoying it almost, the fin on her back seeming to then blend with her back while her teeth flattened and set in a much more normal shape. The only thing that didn’t change all that much was her tail, while it shuttered and warped, it remained the same.

Once it was complete, they were already dragging Glen out as a dazed Sky was tossed to the side. The process being the same with the eel and the one more of the most trusted within the shark’s ranks before they were all rounded up on the edge of the ruin, the group quick to try and chase them off.

Nadia was the only one who hadn’t been put through it all, the group basically laughing as they all tried to get away in extremely horrid shape. They made it a little ways before trying to surface, it being around 5 AM when they all couldn’t continue, utterly exhausted and not bothering to notice the boat nearby as they all metaphorically collapsed in the open water.

Sky didn’t know how much time had passed, but she did know that the water she was in was warm, comforting almost. The pain in her tail had subsided and she felt… fine almost. Slowly she’d blink her eyes open, seeing something a bit different than the open sky above her. A ceiling? Frowning a little she would then look a bit further, seeing that she was in a rounded pool of sorts, with a figure standing on the edge outside. First she was absolutely terrified, shrinking back as far as possible, thinking someone else had caught them. But soon the figure seemed to be… familiar almost. Carefully she would shift towards the surface of the pool until the water was just a film over her, she seeing the person clearly now.

Eyes wide, Sky would finally see who it was. Suddenly given the energy to move, she would force herself to the other side, moving out of the water. “Mom!” The older woman was kneeling by the edge now, arms outstretched as she would embrace the top half of her soaking wet daughter, Sky burying her face into her shirt. Soon sobs would force their way through her, her Mother simply stroking the back of her head, allowing her to break down as it was pretty warranted after the last few days.

It lasted for a good few minutes before she finally managed to calm down, she withdrawing a bit from her embrace to look up towards her, about to speak when she remembered that she was… still half fish, it causing her to avert her tear-soaked gaze. “Sky…” She knew better than to call her by her real name. “That doesn’t matter… you can still talk to me.”

So she did.

“I.. don’t know how or why…” She began slowly. “But I was the first it seemed to be turned, and then others started too. Everything was actually fine for a few months…b-but then Trent showed up. I think it was personal… we kept everything from him until he decided to try and kill me…” Her mom tensed at the sound of this. “What did he do?” “Pushed me into a pool of freezing water… my tail formed and then me, Faye, Glen, and Nadia were being held as government property in tanks for almost a week until we broke out…” A thought then occurred to her. “Where are they?” “They’re here, just in other areas meeting with their own family, we can worry about that later though.” She would nod, swallowing before continuing. “After that we lied low for a few days in some cave before this group of predators came… they got us to follow them and they…” Trailing off yet again, she would grip her mother for a bit of support while raising her waist out of the water. As she expected, as soon as her gills were exposed to air, she couldn’t breath. Quickly returning to where she had been in the pool, her expression only continued to fall. “Its not the end of the world.” Her mom consoled her. “There’s… bound to be some sort of fix. And if not, you’ll make do, right?” Sky couldn't help but respond quietly. “How… can I live in a pool of water for the rest of my life? If not there, the ocean? Really?” She was clearly mortified by the idea.

Wanting to distract her from this, her mother would wait a moment before gesturing to her ring. “O-oh..” Sky would blush slightly. “Me and Nadia were invited to watch Glen propose to Faye and… well she apparently asked me to.” Her mom gave a huge smile, embracing her once more. “Oh! You're getting married! I wish it could've been under better circumstances but I’m still happy for you.”

The two would then begin to talk for awhile, catching up as they hadn’t seen each other in months. Living on the island didn’t exactly promote an easy method of visitation especially when your salary was as low as hers had been.

“You know…” Her mother, Nora, would’ve finally said. “I always wondered when we would get to catch up, but you being a… mermaid was far what I had in mind.” “Oh come on…” Sky rolled her eyes. “You make me sound like some young girl’s fantasies.” She’d give her a small nudge. “What? Your tail does match your hair, and the dye doesn’t look faded at all.” At this notion SKy would immediately have a hand move towards her head, Nora laughing. “Oh I doubt the color became permanent. Even if it did would you complain?” She’d shrug. “Not really.”

Finally, she had to ask. “Mom… where are we?” Nora would fall silent for a moment. “A… marine biology research facility on an island not too far from where you live.” At the sound of this, Sky would begin to grow a bit worried. “I’m a… a labrat for them now?” She would shake her head. “No! No… they said you would be given a choice if you wanted to contribute to research and studies but…” “But?” “I… they have connections with the SOI.” The younger woman seemed to drain of color. “T-They’re going to sell us off…” Nora leaned forward to embrace her daughter again. “You know I won’t let that happen.”

Faye had been almost certain they had died, or at the very least were on the brink of death. So when she felt a touch on her shoulder, the woman was quick to recoil from it, opening her eyes and realising that she was in a pool of warm water in an unfamiliar area. Surfacing to see if she could get a better look at where she was, she got distracted by someone calling her name. “Faye.” Turning to face the edge of the pool that wasn’t up against a wall, she saw someone who made her eyes widen. “Dad…” The aging man gave a small smile, taking a seat at the edge of the pool. “You remind me so much of your mother you know.” She frowned, remaining as far away from him as possible. “Why? Because of my tail?” He would sigh, looking a bit guilty. “I was going to tell you… Just, how was I supposed to say that your mother was a mythical sea creature to a marine biologist? You would’ve laughed in my face.” She didn’t respond, knowing that he was right.

There was a brief period of silence before she asked “Where are the others?” “Nearby, don’t worry.” “Where are we?” “IMB.” Faye would be put in edge by this, glaring in his direction. “How do my old colleagues fancy their new live specimen?” “They don’t know you’re here, not yet at least.” With that she’d move towards the edge, mumbling something as she moved to haul herself out when she began to suffocate. More than surprised by this she would slide back into the pool, horror replacing the annoyance she previously felt.

Her father would rest his forehead in a hand, arm being propped up by a knee. “I’m sorry Faye…” He’d whisper, not bothering to continue as the woman remained quite, silenced by this newfound predicament. “I’m going to be suck like this…” She said slowly, sinking lower in the pool while gripping the edge of the pool. “You don’t know that.” He replied, trying to remain somewhat optimistic. Not bothering to respond, she simply receded to the back of the pool, sinking to the bottom and wrapping her arms around herself, having a difficult time accepting this.

DergTheDergon DergTheDergon

Nadia watched the mixed group of merfolk, seven of which mysterious of motive and rather uninspiring as far as trust was concerned. In the end though, as she ended up expressing to the group at large, she found herself vouching for them as, what did they have to lose? It seemed to be either go with them, stay trapped here or go in search of some other safe place, which none of the four cooped up in this dank, and clearly not-all-that-safe air pocket knew where to begin searching for. It was not long before the seven began to lead them out, the pair of couples quite wary indeed, clinging to their respective lovers as they swam through unfamiliar, dangerous waters while following equally unfamiliar And seemingly dangerous merpeople. This trek continued for a seemingly eternal stretch of time before finally, finally they had arrived, utterly exhausted one and all. Nearly the moment that the pair of couples collapsed, Nadia had coiled her tail about Sky’s own tail and a portion of her torso as well, perfectly resting the very tip upon the end of her fin. Like this, she fell fast asleep quickly and easily, despite it all.

The next morning, her eyes shot wide open as she knew something was wrong. Subconsciously, her body had already been waking due to the loss of Sky’s warmth against her skin. Vaguely, she remembered her unconscious form trying desperately to keep her grip upon her, but her exhaustion from the swim and recent events was simply too much for even the struggle Sky had put up against her captors to be much of a hindrance to them. Cracking her eyes open, they immediately widened, and the adrenaline from the panic she felt woke her up in an instant. All three of them had been taken. How in the world had she slept through that?! Taking a deep breath, she decided now wwas not the time to scold herself for that; and perhaps, it was even unfair to herself to do so considering what had transpired in the last few days for her, Sky and the couple’s also-engaged close friends.

The very next moment, Nadia was darting straight out of the room she’d so cozily fallen asleep in last night, hair tail already aching due to just how fast she was pushing herself to swim. Barreling through the ruins and barely not careening straight into anything, she finally found the room the others had been taken to. The elephant in the room was the altar that Nadia barely caught a glimpse, hidden behind some rubble, of Faye struggling on top of. Her fists closing hard until her knuckles turned white, Nadia knew that she had to do something.

With that very thought, Nadia found herself shooting like a rocket towards the silhouettes and voices of her friends, surrounded by the Shark woman’s goons, yelling in anger. Her sudden presence distracted them just enough for them all to slip away, and, fueled by adrenaline, she was barely able to escape and catch up with them herself, taking Sky’s hand to reassure both her lover and, admittedly, herself as well.

The following swim away from this place, frantic and desperate, was exhausting to say the least. In the end, Nadia had her arms full of all three of her passed-out companions, exhaustedly inching along through the water, before finally, she blacked out herself, hearing the feint sound of an ocean-muffled motor just before her vision faded.

A dreamless near-coma ensued instantly after that, and let up only-god-knew-when, her eyes opening with no immediate recollection of recent events whilst she ogled a very, very unfamiliar ceiling, obscured by a layer of water. Looking on either side of her, it was clear that she was lying suspended in some kind of pool in a place eerily familiar to the laboratories that Sky had worked in, but different enough to know that she wasn’t there after the many times Sky has allowed her back there to see the aquarium’s new residents whenever they got some in. After a few long, confusing moments wonder where the hell she was and what the hell happened, she recalled it all and sat upright quickly, her torso half of her wanting to move back in fear while the other half felt a familiar comfort from his presence, as if she knew him very well. Rubbing the water from her eyes and blinking the deep blue, wide peepers a few times, she then realized that she indeed did know him… better than her father, in faxt. Her eyes widened and began to well with tears as she gazed upon him.

“U-uncle Ivan? Is that really you?”

The man smiled kindly back for quite some time before he slow, so as not to startle her, stepped forward and enthusiastically threw his arms around her form. “Sure is, Na-na,” he said comfortingly, the nickname he’d fondly called her ever since she was a babe bring back many fond memories for her, causing her to wrap her arms more tightly about his form. She stayed that way for quite a few moments, tightly hugging him as if he was going to slip from her grasp. “It’s been so long, uncle… why show back up in my life now? How did you even know I was here? Where even are we?”

Always with the questions, Na-a. You’ve every right to ask these ones, though; I’m sure you’re pretty damn confused. Far as I know, we’re in some kinda marine research facility. I’m here ‘cause the notifed me that you were here… I caught wind of the… outbreak of sorts on the island and was worrying that you’d been affected. Since it hadn’t been safe to contact ya ‘cause of your dad… and I reckon you know why, now, I hadn’t. I’m soerry I didn’t answer your calls all that time, Na-na. It was to keep ya out of those… activities of his, but I decided to be here for ya now, since I was given the chance. I’m guessing ya know what I’m talking about; his own daughter becoming what he despises wouldn’t stay outta his radar for long I reckon.”

Nadia lowered her head, frowning yet nodding solemnly at his words, mixed feelings running through her as she processed all he had just said. “Yeah, I had a run-in with him… he only tranquilized me and kept his distance after that, though. He… came by our apartment once though, let Sky know in his own way that he didn’t really approve of her, but let her go to use a sort of cure to use on me, for this,” she said, splashing the water gently with her tail to get her point across as best she could. “But, she kept it secret from me for a long time, figuring I didn’t want to get rid of it… and until I became stuck like this, unable to use my legs maybe ever again, I really didn’t. That, and, I think she didn’t want to worry me.”

“I see, I see…” he said, trailing off, his expression troubled. “Lemme explain to you all I know of him… why I know what I know” he said, his head low, his breathing unsteady. He went on to explain, much to Nadia’s shock, that he used to work alongside his brother, killing merfolk out of a sense of revenge and religious duty, Nadia’s mother hadn’t been in her life from when she was only two years old all the way until now, but she’d been told that she had died in a car wreck. Apperently, she was drowned and had become a siren instead, retreating into the depths, and was out there somewhere. Strangely, something similar had apparently happened to Ivan’s only son, which was why he joined his brother, Armand, in fighting against creatures like them. After a while, though, he didn’t want to do it any more… he’d caused far too much death for his liking, and revenge simply didn’t keep him going like it did for Armand. “He believes that merfolk are creatures of evil,” he explained. “He’s fallen; he doesn’t do anything anymore but pool all his resources into his insane, genocidal vendetta against a group of creatures most folk still think don’t even exist. They’re wrong, sure, but doesn’t change the insanity of tryna eradicate creatures so rare that most other folk haven’t even heard of ‘em yet.” \

Nadia had no words for this and simply hugged her uncle again, after a while explaining that she understood why she kept this from her, but that it was still a lot to process, and she would rather him have told her years ago. In order to distract her from her growing despair, he decided to bring up the bwautiful ring upon her finger. “That ring what I think it is?”

“Y-yeah,” she said, blushing. “It’s an engagement ring… a couple friends of ours who’d been dating for a long time like Sky and I have been were getting engaged, and the to-be groom wanted us to come along… since Sky is the light of my world now, I decided to take the plunge and make it a double-proposal that night. I knew she’d say yes the whole time.” She was smiling widely, Ivan’s change of subject clearly doing the trick he wanted it to.

They talked for as long as they went uninterrupted, talking about various things like they’d done many times in the past. After all, Ivan practically raised her when Ivan was awa on ‘business trips’, which was quite often. Nadia now knew, however, that the business he was up to on those trips was of a rather bloody nature that made her shiver just thinking about it. Nadia simply spoke with her uncle about as many things as possible, allowing him to hold her and spending as much time with him as he could until they were bothered. Of course, she was worried about where Sky was and what kind of condition she was in, but Ivan reassured her that she was in a different room meeting with her own family; or at least, that’s what he’d been told. He didn’t trust this place one bit. Having served as a spy for the government in his younger years, he knew damn well when something smelled fishy; no pun intended.
StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Sky and her mother would talk for a bit longer before she would stand for a moment, moving out of the room momentarily before returning with a tray of food. Eyes wide, she finally didn’t realise how hungry she was until now, as not having eaten a proper meal in days after being starved kinda did that do you. “You’re going to want to take this slow.” Nora instructed her while setting the tray beside the pool of water, it having what looked to be a sandwich of some kind, a bit of fruit, raw fish of a type she couldn’t identify, and other assorted uncooked seafood. “And since they aren’t sure what you can digest now, it’s going to be trial and error with both of these.” Nodding she would slowly take hold of the sandwich first. The bite was somewhat small, although it did still make her mother roll her eyes as she chewed, it tasting a bit odd due to how saturated her tastebuds were with water and salt, but still much better than anything else. Swallowing she’d shrug. “I don’t see anything wrong with it.”

Finishing that rather quickly, she moved onto the fruit before finally having the raw stuff left. “You might as well try it.” Her mother teased, pushing it towards her. With a reluctant sigh, Sky did end up taking hold of what looked to be a descaled and boned slice of fish and setting it into her mouth. It did taste like she expected, fishy, but it wasn’t as mutilated as how the other foods had been. “Eh, not bad.”

Once she had finished eating, they would talk some more before there was a knock on the door. Sky would sink a bit lower into the lower into the water as Nora answered it, the older woman smiling and nodding as she would then turn to her daughter. “Do you want to see Nadia?”

This shouldn’t have even been a question.

After agreeing without a second thought, it would be a few moments of awkwardly being put onto a tarp not unlike what would be used at the aquarium with a few of what appeared to be staff of the facility lifted her out and hastily brought her to the next room over. It was a few seconds of literal hell, she feeling a bit sorry for the fish and other animals they had to move from tanks and other such holding devices. But it was worth it when she was sat in the same tank as her lover, instantly moving to embrace her. Nora had entered the room after her, smiling genuinely at the sight before backing out to give them some privacy, Nadia’s uncle joining her. “Looks like we’re in the same boat....” She’d finally say as they were laying side-by-side, falling silent after she said this.

The two were able to spend quite a bit of time together before there was a knock on the door, a few more labcoated figures walking in. Wearily surfacing in the water, still beside Nadia, she would listen as they began to speak. “If you wouldn’t mind, would one of you be willing to part take in a few tests we would like to run?” Before her lover would even be able to speak up, Sky moved forward with a nod. “I will… if I’m not going to be dissected of course.” The man chuckled and shook his head. “We wouldn’t do anything of the sort. Now if you would please…” They wheeled in what looked to be a shallow tank, it being just enough to cover her gills. Being carefully set inside and removed from the room, she would send the snakewoman a small glance as her view of her was lost.

The next hour or so was pretty boring to say the least. Brought into a hospital-esc room, first they drew a bit of blood from her arm, took a sample of her scales, generally looked over her physical form. But, while a woman was examining how seamlessly her tail was blended with her toros, the man that seemed to be in charge took a pen out of his labcoat and help it over the pages he had on a clipboard. “I just have a few questions if you wouldn’t mind.” Sky shrugged. “Go ahead.” “Excellent. To begin, how does your species-” She cut him off “You are aware that I was human a few months ago, right?” He faltered. “But… your biology has changed so drastically. It wouldn’t be possible for you to go from breathing oxygen from the air to defusing it so quickly.” “Then please explain how my mother is related me.” The scientist seemed to have been caught off guard, clearing his throat before awkwardly leaving the room.

After this it was a simply x-ray before allowing her to return to her room for some rest, which she was more than happy to agree to. The tank had to be slid onto the table where the machine was carefully placed over, she holding still while it was placed mainly over her tail and waist, the technicians mumbling something about the results. She mostly ignored them, closing her eyes and waiting for them to finish when the door swung open, a high pitched squeal resonating around the room. “You can catch me!” A little girl cried, about to rush around the the table when she took notice of Sky, stopping dead in her tracks. The door would open again, a woman apologizing for her child’s reckless behavior when she too was gazing upon a more than annoyed siren.

“Monica I thought it was your day off.” One of the technicians replied quickly trying to usher the woman out of the room. “It was… how was I not informed of this-” “Of what? We have just another large creature to deal with is all.” They weren’t able to keep Monica out of the lab, she pushing her way in to get a good look at Sky. Now seeing who it was, the siren’s face paled somewhat.

It was her dad’s second wife, officially her and Trent’s stepmother.

“Well, isn’t this a surprise.” She said with a small grin. “I’m coming in today, I want someone able to get Madeline to daycare and someone else to get my husband here as fast as possible.” Sky couldn’t remain silent. “Why are you getting him involved?!” “Because I’m sure he’d love to see his daughter.”

Soon she was transferred back to her room, frantic as Nora returned. “Sky, what’s wrong?” “He’s coming…” She said slowly, clearly terrified. Understanding what she meant, her mother frowned. “How could Foster know where we are?” “Monica works here…” Now her mother cursed, glancing towards the door. “There’s bound to-” She was cut off as footsteps were heard, an almost purely artificial man walking through the doorway. “If it isn’t my dear Katherine… my have you changed.” His eyes were glued to her tail. Standing, Nora tried to place herself in between Foster and her daughter but he gave her a look of disdain before pushing her aside, she landing on the floor. Now he stared at his supposed prize, eyes glistening while examining her. Sky moved backwards to try and put as much distance between them as possible, but he managed to grab onto the end of her fin, dragging her out of the water and onto the wooden floor beside the circular tank. He watched carefully as she struggled to breathe, turning and lifting his phone to his ear, making sure she heard the words he said before losing consciousness.

“When bidding begins, we start at 3.5 and go up from there. Set more funds aside just in case. I’m not going to lose this one.”

Nadia passed the time catching up with her uncle as best as she could. Where they’ve been, what they’ve done; clearly, Ivan was more interested in talking about Nadia’s past than his own at the moment. Nadia didn’t mind, considering that they’d spoken of his exclusively in the past. For the past couple of years, neither of them had seen hide nor hair of each other, and Ivan not dared contacted Nadia. This time he had been given with his beloved niece, if under very suspicious circumstances in his eyes, was still a blessing as far as he was concerned. For him, the hours that himself and his niece waited for a staff member to enter the room went by in a flash. Nadia’s thoughts rarely strayed from Sky the whole time, however, up until someone entered the room and asked her the easy question of her life.

“Do you wish to see Miss Sky?”

After the quickest yes she’d ever uttered in her life, it wasn’t long before she saw Sky being escorted via tar[ into her room, and subsequently her tank. It was an amusingly ironic sight to see, considering Nadia had swatch Sky herself transporting many an aquatic creature back and forth in the same way. Nadia’s smile was contagious to her uncle as Sky was lowered into the tank and he saw his niece-cum-daughter embraced by her girlfriend- ah, her fiance’, he mentally corrected himself. It’d take a bit of time for him to get used to the idea of her getting married. Turning around, he saw who he figured was Sky’s mother, due to family resemblance, and introduced himself to her. Once she began to leave to let her daughter be with her loved one, Ivan allowed Nadia the same important privalige by exiting the room himself.

Nadia laughed at Sky’s little quip. ‘Yep… at least I can say for sure that I’m engaged to a real-life siren now. When we get out of here and finally get married, I’m going to kiss you until I just can’t anymore…. Kinda like this.” Nadia locked her lips with Sky’s, her arms similarly locking around her back, and, true to her word, didn’t stop until she felt like she might pass out if she didn’t pull away and take a large gulp of water through her lungs. Then, she kissed her again. She wanted to distract Sky (and herself, honestly) from everything but the love they shared as much as possible, and she did so every way she could in the time they had together.

When the labcoat-wearing figures waltzed in, Nadia moved in front of her lover, securing her in her arms as best as she could. Nadia shook her head and hoped to god Sky didn’t volunteer… but then, her heart dropped, as she looked mortified. “Sky…” she muttered, her tone deeply worried. “Please be careful…” She tightly embraced her lover one last time, watching with a worried gaze as she was lifted out. The scientist’s words didn’t cause her worry to falter whatsoever, as after everything that occurred, her and Sky both couldn’t possible trust the researchers as far as the betrothed now-sea-creatures could throw them. Maybe to protect her, maybe to try to find some way out, maybe a bit of both or something else, but all Nadia could do now was pray that she would be okay, Nadia met her eyes once more, hr gaze full of love, mouthing the words “stay safe”, as the tank she’d been wheeled off in disappeared from her view.

She spent the next few hours pacing back and forth in her tank, her uncle pacing as well, not trusting this place. As the wait grew longer, the man knew without a doubt that something was simply not right. “Nadia,” he said calmly, “I’m going to ask around about Sky, see what’s going on. I promise we’ll both be fine. Stay calm for me, baby girl. It’ll b alright.” Nadia took a deep breath, eyes now threatening to leak tears, but she nodded in understanding. “Be careful, uncle.” “I will be, darling.”

Instead of asking around at all, he began to employ his espionage expertise immediately. He began to move as quietly as he could through the place, avoiding any signs of security he’d spotted whilst trying to kep his eyes and ears out for anything suspicious. Faintly, through the wall, he heard a commotion, as if a large creature was struggling, accompanied by shrieks and yells that were indiscernible content-wise, however he’d heard enough of Sky’s voice over the phone with Nadia to know that she was one of the raised voices, and likely, the struggling specimen. Until she fell unconscious, that is. Cursing under his breatj, he began to move back, trying to find somewhere to hide in case the perpetrator stepped out of the room. He was in full spy mode now, no more mr. kindly old visitor.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Sky paced nervously within the small room, eyes flicking from the clock hung upon the wall to the door and then the window which gave a grand view of the ocean not far below. Today was the day… and even though she was sure she had mentally prepared herself for it, it still was nerve wracking. If felt as if just yesterday she was taking Nadia to the beach for them to go boating…

In a matter of a few months, things had changed almost drastically. Soon after Foster had tried to convince the staff of the Marine Biology Institute, the authorities had been alerted and rushed to the building. Soon the place was stormed, the man thrown in handcuffs for the attempted “human” trafficking. The four of them were then brought together and introduced to the director of inhuman affairs that was taking care of the situation. Soon, Trent and Foster were both going to be put on trial with them returned to their home and all repair costs covered. But the best part was having a fix for their predicament, even if it wasn't ideal.

The ritual that they had been put through was of a strong magical nature and, at the moment, irreversible. Yet seeing as they had mages available, they gave each of them a piece of enchanted jewelry that when worn, would allow them to walk on land unless they were submerged in water or the item removed from skin contact.

It was what she was fiddling with now, rubbing the small pendent between her fingers as there was a knock at the door. Moving to it and opening it quickly, her mother all dressed up was seen on the other side. “Don't you look beautiful...” she sighed as they embraced, Sky blushing a deep red as she took a breath. “Is it time?” She nodded, grabbing the bride by the hand and leading her to the door of the sanctuary.

Soon Sky stood behind the closed doors, her blue hair drew up in a loose bun that contrasted the white wedding dress she wore as Ivan took her Nora’s place, the woman slipping in through the side door. He had offered to walk her up the aisle as Foster clearly wasn’t going to be able to, and she was happy to accept. Taking his arm as music began to play, the doors opened, spotting Nadia standing beside the altar in a dress similar to hers, beaming all the same.

Once they finally reached the front of the little church, the crowd soon being seated as the priest smiled and began to speak, although she could barely hear it over her pounding heart. “Friends, we have joined here today to share with Sky Friar and Nadia Gillman an important moment in their lives. Their time together, they have seen their love and understanding of each other grow and blossom and now they have decided to live out the rest of their lives as one.”

A little time passed with formal and introductory things before finally it was time for vows to be spoken. Turning to Sky, the priest would ask “"Do you Sky, take Nadia, to be your partner in life and to share a path of life with; equal in love, embraced as a mirror for your true self, promising to honor and cherish her, through good times and bad, until death do you part?" Having to tear her voice from a constricted through, she would give a slight nod. “I do.” They then turned to Nadia. “Do you Naida, take Sky, to be your partner in life and to share a path of life with; equal in love, embraced as a mirror for your true self, promising to honor and cherish her, through good times and bad, until death do you part?”

Once she would answer, the ring exchange would commence, and after this is complete, they would continue with “And now, by the power vested in me, I hereby pronounce you wife and wife. You may kiss.” And without any hesitation, they did so rather eagerly.

“Family and Friends, I present to you, Mrs. Sky and Nadia Friar.”

Nadia couldn’t believe all that happed these last few months. She thought that right now, she’d have been in the custody of either Sky’s crazy father or her own, having god-knows what done to her while she was forced to watch the same happen to Sky. This reality, the moment that she was making sure her beautiful, frilly, pure white dress fit just right over her human legs, temporarily restored due the the pendant around her neck, felt like a fairy tale… like heaven, even. This was heaven on earth, Nadia affirmed within her mind, and she was going to enjoy it with every fiber of her being. It had been a crazy ride ever since that day Sky had taken her to the place they had their first real date at. So much pain, fear and suffering had poured into their lives, and those of their friends and family, surrounding all this merfolk business. But somehow, it had all come full circle. Nadia was feeling the same butterflies she had on that day, yet amplified far more than she had ever anticipated.

It was not long at all before she found herself heading to the altar amidst the happily chatting crowd, a few cheering when they saw her step up to it, her hair meticulously done up in a long braided ponytail that completed the stunning look her dress gave her. Every living member of her family, excepting her father, of course, as he was never even invited, was there. Her aunts, uncles and grandparents on both sides, as well as her cousins that she hasn’t seen in a very long time were all gathered to see her married. It was picture-perfect: the sun shone in just right, landing on the altar like a spotlight. Nadia stood there in great anticipation, unable to even stand still. Then, that picture perfect moment she’d always dreamed of came.

Walking the beautifully adorned Sky, who Nadia simply could not take her eyes off of, down the aisle, was none other than uncle Ivan, beaming over at his niece as he saw her. The next few moments were a blur. Nadia’s eyes never left her fiance’s until the crucial moment came, tears welling up in both women’s eyes. The moment her vows were said to her, there was no hesitation. Simply a loving smile as she said, in a slightly shaky but sptly confident tone, “I do.” The next thing she knew, her lips had met Sky’s, and stayed there for a very, very long time. A seeming, blissful eternity. When they were pronounced married, Nadia found herself scooping Sky up out of joy.

Once the high of the moment settled down, they all headed into the next room for the reception. Nadia’s eyes glistened at the beautifully decorated room. Sky and her mother had done most of the planning, so she was stunned by the sight of it as everyone sat down. The reception proceeded as normal for a while. Heartfelt speeched by Ivan and Nora, the cake being cut, and the reception truly beginning. Nadia shared her cake with Sky, kissing her in between bites and ensuring to lick any residual whipped cream off of her face. It was just as blissful as the wedding itself was… until the door suddenly flew open, and an out-of-breath older man stormed in, immediately looking arund for Nadia and meeting her gaze.

It was her father.

She stared stunned at him for a moment, before she held Sky close in a protective embrace, glaring at him, as he approached. “I know I’m barging in here, sweetie, and I’m sorry. I had something important to tell you, but figured you wouldn’t be in the mood for talking. Just… read this, please. It will affect your future far more than you realize right now.”

Not waiting around for another answer, he turned to the door and left just as quickly as he came. No goodbye, not even a glance back in her direction. The reception was silent for a moment, Before Nadia took a deep breath, stood up and said, “it’s alright everyone. We’ll be fine. Enjoy the rest of the reception, it’s nothing to worry about.” Most of the guests seemed unsure for a moment, but eventually, a general air of mirth somewhat returned.

Nadia enjoyed the reception as best as she could, then, keeping Sky occupied as well the entire time, knowing that her last encounter with him was not a plesant one, to say the least. After a bit though, she became very curious about that letter. She had a feeling, knowing him, and especially knowing what Ivan told about him, that he knew something of the Merfolk, or maybe other hunters like him, and some way they could be putting the pair in danger again. She let Sky know this hunch at her earliest opportunity, even if it was after the reception was over. She did let her know that she was not going to let whatever was in this letter ruin their day, so she stowed it safely in her purse, for tomorrow or whenever they got around to it. What seemed important to her now was for everyone here to relish this moment, especially Sky, with all she’s been through.

With that in mind, once the reception was in full swing, Nadia led her over to introduce her to her family. They were all nice and courteous to her. It was known that Nadia’s father was one of very few members of the family that were at all upset about her sexuality, and it was clear they were all happy for the pair. They all asked Sky about herself, keeping it to general, non-invasive questions such as what she did for a living. Once they learned of her trade, they asked her fascinated questions about fish, what it was like to work at the aquarium, and the like.

Soon, the champagne bottle was cracked open, Nadia doing the honors and getting a good bit on her dress, but she didn’t mind. Once the drink was passed around, along with some wine, the air of tension still wafting about the place began to loosen a bit more. Nadia made sure to fill her finace’s glass and her own extra full. They had a right to get sloppy at their wedding after all they’d been through, she figured.

They sat down, and once it was clear that everyone else was chatting amongst themselves, Nadia leaned in and whispered to Sky. “So… how was the wedding for you? I bet you can’t wait to get home… I sure can’t…” she winked,smirking at her lover, and kissing her briefly but fully on the lips. At this point ,the letter wasn’t a bother. She’d get to it after she made damn sure Sky and herself enjoyed this special day to the fullest.
StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

The reception was going wonderfully. Food was served, as was the cake, the couple eating a piece together, acting as giggly as school girls until the door opened revealing Nadia’s father. Sky gripped her wife, tensing as the man neared them, passing Nadia a letter before promptly leaving. But after her announcement was made, those in the room returned to normal… almost.

Meeting her bride’s family was interesting to say the least. She introduced herself and they did the same, the adults asking her questions about herself and what she did. However, when they were discussing the aquarium, one of the Nadia’s younger cousins couldn’t help herself and asked quietly “Um... I-is it true that there are mermaids on this island?” Sky would pause as she said this, the girl’s mother quick to apologize for the stupid question as the newly wed woman passed Nadia a glance with a small knowing smile. “Oh she’s fine, I work at an aquarium after all, isn’t the first time I’ve been asked that.” With a small chuckle she would look towards the blushing girl, her gaze averted as Sky replied to her. “There might be, you never know until you look.”

Then, the alcohol. Oh did she need this, gladly taking her overflowing champagne glass and taking a generous sip. As Nadia leaned in nd asked how she enjoyed the wedding, Sky would nod, whispering back “Oh but that’s going to have to wait, remember we’d promised Faye and Glen we’d go out with them.” The other couple’s wedding had been a week prior, and they made plans to get drinks once they were both official.

The night was far from over, however, the two making sure not to get too shitfaced as they drank, wanting to save that for later that night. However, as they were dancing to a slow song, their foreheads touching and arms wrapped around one another like something from a shitty romance movie. However Nora tapped Sky on the shoulder, saying that there were some people here to see them.

Approaching the door, her eyes widened with delight as she saw who it was. Mia, her daughter Adria. “Congratulations, you two.” The siren said with a smile, her daughter nodding. “Thank you, I’m glad you two are doing well.” “I can say the same to you…” Mia lowered her voice. “The ritual was outlawed quite some time ago as normally it’s a one way trip for humans. Memories lost, tail gained, end of story.” Sky nodded slowly. “Is there any way to reverse it?” “There is, but it would require you to make a choice.” This wasn’t a welcome thought…

After conversing a little bit more, they would then return to the reception to thank everyone for coming before finally rushing home, wanting to be able to meet Faye and Glen at the local bar.

It was about 10 PM when they finally were in a bit more relaxed dresses when they finally arrived at the bar, walked in and finding where the other newly weds were sat. “Congratulations!” Glen smiled, gestured for them to sit beside them, Sky taking a seat beside the oddly mute Faye, she nudged her a bit. “I think a little celebration is in order!”

And it was.
Nadia had a thing for pushing her limits, so she was the first to pass shots around. They all went but the older woman oddly pushed the drinks aside. Sky was thinking she had drank a little before and was cutting herself off, but they had arrived just minutes before them and hadn’t touched anything but water all night.

“Are you alright?” She’d finally ask her quietly, Faye look her in the eye before standing and dragging her off the barstool she sat on, pulling her into the women’s restroom.

“Faye, are you alright?” She’d repeat, growing a little concerned. What she having second thoughts about her and Glen’s marriage? The biologist would hesitate before looking directly towards her, murmuring softly “Sky… I-I’m.. Pregnant.”

Sky blinked. Well… this was unexpected.

But she couldn’t understand how entirely a bad thing. “That’s… great, congrats! Glen loves kids and I’m sure he’d be thrilled.” Faye nodded, a small smile forming. “Oh I know he would… but it doesn’t make sense.” Confused, Sky was about to ask when she elaborated anyway. “We’ve been careful, and haven’t had sex for awhile until after the wedding.” “That’s normal…” “It is, but…” She grimaced. “It was underwater, Sky.” Frowning the younger woman shook her head. “That isn’t possible though.” Faye shrugged. “Apparently it is. I looked into it and they have more than one way to reproduce. Male and female merfolk can reproduce, but seeing as only 25% of merfolk are male… it didn’t make sense that they would rely on this.” Sky nodded. “Yeah they try to turn humans like they did with all of us.” “Yes, but that isn’t possible for more remote settlements. What would be the alternative?”

It didn’t take long for Sky to realise what she was saying, face paling.

“You’re saying that the females… can reproduce among themselves…” Faye’s expression continued to fall. “That is exactly what I’m saying.” Falling silent for a moment, she searched in the clutch she had brought with her to reveal what she feared, a pregnancy test. “I know that you and Nadia are rather eager, which is why I just want to give you peace of mind.” Hesitating for a moment, she would nab it out of her hand and move towards one of the few stalls.

Thankfully, after all was said and done, the results were indeed negative.

Finally returning to the other two, who were still rather deep into their drinks, Sky was now also rather shaken because even if she was clear, that didn’t exclude her new wife.

It was around 2 AM when they got home, Sky being a little buzzed but she having to basically carry Naida in through the doorway. It scared her. The possibility of the hungover woman carrying their child only to have just drank the night away.

The child of a lesbian couple. What the actual fuck was she thinking.
Part of her believed it was just paranoia, but the the other half also distanced herself in bed from her lover, ignoring any advances she could’ve made. She was going to have to explain to her what she was told at some point, but when she was this drunk, it wasn’t a good idea…

Over the course of the next few days, Sky was acting noticeably strange. Not only was she being increasingly more awkward around her partner, but she also didn’t go into the water or sleep with her. This behavior continued for almost a week straight, the woman under the effects of dehydration but still being reluctant to listen to any Nadia’s requests. I’d only be a matter of time before she’d catch on...

As Nadia stood by, watching over Sky’s interaction with her family, she found herself smiling. They seemed to like her overall, which was a relief. She knew that a few of them likely weren’t all that thrilled that she’d married a woman, which only added to said relief. The conversation was going so swimmingly that it almost seemed as though the heaviness cast over the reception by the untimely appearance of Nadia’s father was gone. But then, Nadia’s little cousin, Tessa, said something that caused her mirthful expression to drop, a frown nearly forming on her face before she caught herself, her heart beating a little faster. Where’d she heard that? If a little girl had heard rumors of the ritual’s effects… Nadia would rather not think about it. Thankfully for her, however, Sky’s ability to keep her cool in situations like this came in handy as she was able to brush the question off with a whimsical, mysterious line that seemed quite at home in a children’s book.

Afterwards, she began to drink perhaps a little more than she should’ve before Sky reminded her, in response to her flirty whisper, of the double date of sorts that the newlyweds had with Glen and Skye later that evening. “O-oh yeah… of course I remember.” She blushed, it certainly clear to Sky that she indeed didn’t remember. Nadia often, especially at times like this, had no idea what she’d do without her.

The pair of them enjoyed the rest of the reception greatly, the booze having effectively washed away their worries for the moment, which wasn’t difficult to achieve on this already special and near-blissful day. She was caught off guard when she heard Nora tell Sky that there was someone hear to see them. Following her now-wife, her eyes widened in sync with Skye’s, almost comically, as she took in who it was. At this point, Mia had fully redeemed herself for what she had done in Nadia’s eyes. It was clear she deeply regretted it, and that, with her sincere tone as she conversed with Sky, she truly had the couple’s best interests in heart. Nadia couldn’t’ forget, either, that Mia leading the couple plus Faye and Glen to her little secret alcove might be the reason they’re alive right now, or at least not imprisoned in someone’s private fish tank, or only god knew what other awful place they could be right now. Waving goodbye to Nora with a genuine smile, it wasn’t long before the two of them left, the reception naturally winding to a close.

It was not long before they headed home, and winded up at the bar not very long after whatsoever. As the festivities began, Nadia was quick to let loose as always while catching up with the newlyweds herself. She also noticed that Faye was acting odd, however as she drank more and more, she began to forget about it anf fail to notice. She was a little confused at first when Sky pulled Faaye aside, and found herself a little anxious as the women took quite a while in there. She passed the time conversing with Glen as best she could, but she couldn’t help but be a little worried, even through her buzz.

Nadia was so deep into her cups later that evening that she didn’t really notice much strange regarding Sky’s behavior that night… until they got home and in bed, that is. Nadia, as expected, especially as drunk as she was, was feeling rather frisky. But Sky refused her. For one of the very first times in a very, very long time. On their wedding night. Deciding that she was simply shaken by recent events, Nadia reassured her that it was alright and, in her drunk state, fell asleep rather quickly, figuring Sky would feel like her self again in the morning.

However, days later, she was only acting stranger and stranger, Nadia’s anxiety building every time Sky refused to take a dip with her, or even to get in bed with her. She had a feeling that somehow, she’d said or done something wrong… or even, Sky ws having doubts about their marriage. She was an anxious mess for a few days, uncharacteristically quiet, fearful to ask Sky what was wrong. Finally, though, she decided that if she didn’t, this could only continue and that was the last thing either of them likely wanted.

Approaching her one morning, she made her coffee as usual, takinga nedded couple of sips then taking a deep breath. “Sky…” she began, her tone worried, sincere. “We need to talk. I noticed that you’ve been acting… odd lately. Especially whenever I bring up sex, or even just when I’m feeling cuddly. You know you can tell me anything, love. I… I need to know what’s bothering you. I hate to see you so uncomfortable around me… “ her eyes had a deeply worried look in them, glistening so much it looked as if she may cry. Still, she met Sky’s eyes attentively, waiting anxiously for her response.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Sky knew it was wrong and selfish to be keeping this information from Nadia, but she didn’t really think of how to… explain it. Not without it being brought up in a conversation naturally, which was unlikely to happen, until it did.

Nadia was being torn apart by this most likely, and it became apparent when she finally asked what was wrong, tears forming in her eyes as she did. Sky felt awful, quickly moving to embrace the woman after planting a small kiss on her lips. “This… has nothing to do with our marriage or you… at least not directly…” She’d traill off, mentally cursing. That was a horrid way to lead into this.

Leaning back but keeping her arms wrapped around her, the woman took a breath before slowly trying to explain what Faye had told her a few nights ago. It being something she literally never thought she’d have to discuss with her wife of all people. “T-that's why I’ve been… paranoid…” She finished, averting her gaze from her lover’s eyes as she asked if she was being serious, she only nodding as the woman continued to take in the fact that she could be pregenat with her wife’s child. “Here, I found it in our bathroom. I don’t know why we have it but it’s pretty useful now…” She would push a pregnancy test into Nadia’s hands, a pit forming in her stomach.

The wait for the result was painful almost, Sky unable to sit still as she paced around their kitchen. Yet as soon as Nadia returned looking relieved that it was indeed negative, she nearly fell forward into her wife, glad to release all the built up tension she had gathered over the last week. Wordlessly the pair would then make their way over to the pool of water in the floor of their living room, Sky eagerly slipping in with a groan. After Nadia would join her, she would curl around her, cuddling her apologetically. “I’m sorry…” She’d murmur guiltily, still unable to get over how selfish her actions had been.

There was one true way to make up for it, which they both enjoyed dearly after calling out of work that morning.

They were eased into a shallow sleep in a tangle of limbs and fins that morning, holding onto one another similarly to how a child would their favorite toy. Finally getting sleep (and water) after a week of anxiety was more than welcome, and doing it beside her wife made it that much more.

The couple remained there until noon, although waking an hour or so earlier just to lay within each other’s arms. It seemed like a cliche mess, but she didn’t mind and she was sure her lover didn’t either. But all good things must come to an end, and theirs did in the form of a knock at the door. Not wanting to tear Nadia from her moment of bliss, she hauled herself out of the pool grabbed a towel, this scene uncomfortably familiar as she reached the door, hesitating a moment before tugging it open.

Instead of Trent, there stood a bedraggled and tear-stained marine biologist, the woman not speaking as Sky pulled her in, closing the door behind her. “What happened?” She asked, guiding the woman over to the pool where Nadia currently was and allowed her to slide in in between them. “I-I told him…” she mumbled. “And… he said he isn't ready for a child…” Sky’s face fell, she taking Faye’s hand and giving it a squeeze, not sure how to respond. “I didn't tell him the circumstances of it happening because I didn't want to make the situation worse…”

At the aquarium, Glen was panicking. He was seated in the breakroom with his hands ran through his hair, trying to think things through. Kevin would enter the room with a frown. “Where’s Faye?” “She left…” His boss’ frown deepened. “What happened?” Glen looked up towards the older man, his expression distraught. “She’s… pregnant…” Kevin nodded slowly. “And, what did you say when she told you?” “That I'm not ready to be a father.” The aquarium owner groaned. “My god, I didn't think you were this much of a moron.” Glen was confused. “But it's the truth!” “What are you expecting her to do then?” He snapped. “This is your wife we’re talking about. When you said those vows, it meant you would support each other, and I'm pretty damn sure you're the person she wants to see right now.” Glen looked away from him. “But raising a child…” “Your child.” “My child… I’m having a child…” Kevin would sigh and give the guy a pat on the back, not being a real touchy-feely kinda guy.

“I’m sure he’s just in shock…” Sky tried to reassure the older woman. Both her and Glen were in their early thirties, so if it were a case of ‘being ready’ it had to be him being mentally unprepared for it all. Faye would nod slowly, having calmed down somewhat. “But what if…” She didn’t bother finishing the sentence as it was clear what she meant, Sky not sure she had ever heard Faye sound this hopeless before. Sky couldn’t answer as there was another knock on the door, she looking to Nadia to see if she could go get it.

Standing out front this time were two with horrible timing. Her cousin and aunt.

Nadia blinked in confusion, tilting her head as her brow furrowed and her eyes welled further with tears as Sky gave her newlywed wife her initial, vague, and concerning answer. “Wh-what do you mean?” She asked, voice cracking a little under the torrent of confusion and distress wracking her at this moment. She found herself subsequently calmed by a hug, however, as if an angel in the form of her lover’s warmth (which she dearly missed these last few days, truth be told) coming to rescue her from her anxiety. Friom her lips as Sky’s met hers, to her entire body below, as her arms wrapped around it, her biggest fear all but faded away: Sky was not having doubts. There was too much love in her actions for that to be the case. Nadia then took a deep breath and listened calmly to what she had to say… or at least, as calmly as she could as she began to grasp what she was saying.

In the end, Nadia found herself peeing on the pregnancy test, holding it in shaky hands, and pacing the bathroom at a jog-like speed for what felt like an eternity, the whole situation feeling surreal. When it finally changed color and she checked the box only to see that it was negative, a wave of powerful relief rushed through her, and she braced the bathroom wall. “Oh, Thank god…”

When she rushed to tell Sky the news however, and she saw how relieved she was as well, she remembered how much tension had built up over the time Sky was being paranoid, as Sky herself put it. Sky clearly noticed as well, eagerly entering the water with her, Nadia elated to see her finally allowing herself the hydration she needed. The two ended up releasing their pent-up newlywed frustration into quite the romp in the water that she didn’t even think about the consequences of in the elation of the moment; a belated, but in the end, almost worth it, wedding night.

Big, big mistake, considering what Sky had warned her about just moments prior. It would be a while before she was forced to come to that realization though.

The next morning, after thoroughly wearing each other out, they woke only to call in to both of their jobs and sleep the morning away. At around noon, a rude awakening came, disrupting Nadia’s plan to lay with Sky in her arms for a few hours more. Namely, someone was waiting at the door. Still blissed out from that heavenly experience with the woman she loved, a delayed wedding night for the ages, she barely registered Sky getting out. Once she understood that someone was in the house, however, she tried to rush to get out… until she realized it was Faye, one of the very few people that knew of her and Sky’s… conditions, for lack of a better word, and even more miraculously, one of the even fewer they could trust with that knowledge.

Looking at her closer, however, she then noticed the look on her face and her heart dropped, the bliss fading as Nadia rushed to the side of the pool, not having her necklace near her unfortunately. Sky attempting to comfort her as Nadia listened as best she could to what she was saying. She gasped, not figuring Glen to have second guesses about having a child. The moment she heard this, she spoke up softly, reassuring her as best she could. “I’m sorry Faye… I think he’s just… scared though, unsure if he can be a good father. I don’t think he would want the child aborted… I just think he needs some time to come to terms with it and then he’ll return to the man he used to be. I know it seems uncertain, that it’s hard, but… you have to have faith in him…” after saying her piece, she simply held Faye some more, being as comforting as she could.

Then… the doorbell rang again. Her heart beating, she wondered why so many people had to show up at this hour, especially at such an… inopportune time. “I’I’ll get it,” she said, hurriedly hoisting herself out of the water, grabbing the transformation pendant nearby by thankfully reaching just far anough to grab it off the coffee table, throwing it about her neck haphazardly, drying herself off a little then throwing her bathrobe on, straightening out her hair with her hands as best as she could. She looked a right mess, but, it couldn’t be helped. . She opened the door with an apologetic smile upon her face, then frozee… the pair at the door now… it was her aunt and her little eleven-year-old cousin, who could not possibly have had worse timing regarding their arrival.

“I’m sorry we’re late,” the older woman apologized as soon as she recognized her niece, showing where Nadia had gotten her apologetic nature from. “It’s alright, Nana…”

Now, the woman furrowed her brow, a concerned look on her face once she actually took the time to look her over. “Did we interrupt a swim? Also, you’re limping… is everything alright?”

Nadia paled. “Nadia, dear,” the aunt said, paling herself a bit now… “should I call an ambulance?” “No-no… that won’t be… necessary… U-uumm…” “Nadia.” Her aunt Edith began, giving her that stern look she always had in her eyes when she something smelled fishy… literally, in this case. “What on earth is going on?”

This was… quite the predicament, to say the least. Nadia had never, ever lied to Aunt Edith in her life. She didn’t want ot start now, epspeically since, and for some reason this only corssed her mind just now, but living with them would make it very, very difficult to hide their… inhumanity.

‘Aunt Edith… I ummm… I want to show you something. You too, sweetie,” she said, looking at her niece for a moment. “Come in.” Mouthing ‘I’m sorry” to both Skky and faye, she went traight to the pool and got in, discarding her pendant carefully as she sunk in. Words wouldn’t do justice, so it was the next best thing.

The two interrupting female,s though of the same blood, reacted very differently to Nadia’s reveal. Edith paled, eyes wide… and fainted a moment later. Her daughter, however, (I’m sorry, I forgot her name and I’m rushing to finish this right now x3), gasped and jumped up and down. “Cousin Na-na’s a mermaid!” She squealed. “Y-yeah, m ore or less, sweetie,” she said, while getting out and tending to her aunt. “Sky, faye.. I’m sorry for that, but… I can’t lie to these two. Eespecially since they’re going to be staying, and you can’t afford any more water deprivation,” she said, pointing at Sky almost like a scolding mother. “I’m really really sorry all this had to happen at such a bad time…” Her pendant on and human legs out now, Nadia embraced faye. “I’m sorry… but like I said, you need to have faith in him… Glen’s a wonderful man, he’ll come around. I’ll be sending my love your way, and his.”

Letting Faye free of her embrace, Nadia then looked to Sky. “Auntie Edith will be fine…. She just needs rest. I promise you neither of them will tell a soul, though. I just… I just couldn’t bear lying to them…” she then hugged her lover one more time, before corralling her little cousin, who was running around elatedly. “Are you a mermaid too, Sky?!” She asked, her eyes wide as suacers as she was picked up by Nadia, said woman giving Sky an apologetic look.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

As her Aunt Edith and Tessa walked into the room, Sky glanced up from where she sat beside Faye, she blushing extensively as the older woman fainted and Tessa grew giddy with excitement. “Y-yeah I am…” As Nadia apologized for this, about not being able to lie to her, although Sky dismissed her with a small sigh. “Seeing as a large majority of the people on this island are sirens… it was bound to happen eventually.”

After Nadia climbed out and got her aunt laid on the couch, the girl crouched down and stared wide-eyed at Sky’s and Faye’s tails. Her fin twitched, she gesturing towards it. “Go on, you can feel it.” Tessa didn’t hesitate as she said this, eagerly reaching down into the pool and stroking the fin, a child-like wonder in her eyes. At first, the act was a bit odd, it reminding her of what had occurred with Trent all those months ago. But slowly, seeing the happiness that erupted in the girl and how joyful being around a creature she had fantasized about since she was young made her… it caused a smile to form on Sky’s face. It starting small before growing ever so slowly. At the sight of this, Faye couldn’t help but smile as well, nudging her a little. “Looks like someone else has a soft spot for kids.” The woman rolled her eyes but the comment stuck with her a little, remaining in the back of her mind.

After a while, Tessa would remove her hand from the water and looked towards the two, questions pouring out of her mouth. “How fast can you swim? Do you have any magic? Can you sing? Does your tail change colors?” They did manage to answer some of them, Sky having to keep Faye from giving her a lecture on the biology of a fish when the girl’s mother began to stir. “Should we get out?” The biologist asked, about to lift herself onto the edge when Sky made her pause. “She won’t get used to it if we try to keep it from her, so maybe we wait a little bit?”

That wasn’t the best idea, but it wasn’t the worst either. As soon as Edith would slowly open her eyes and sit up, Tessa ran over to her with a huge smile on her face. Any words she said to her were lost, however, as her eyes were trained on the three tails she saw in the pool before her. “T-this isn’t real…” She muttered, Sky unfortunately being the one to break the news. “It… kind of is. There was a small epidemic that happened around here that turned humans into sirens. Its no longer as bad as it was, though, so don’t think that you’re going to wake up with a fish tail…” She tried to end the sentence with an awkward forced laugh, but the woman simply stood and slowly moved towards the door. “I’m going to get some fresh air, Tessa come with me.” The girl was hesitant, pouting. “But I wanna stay with Nadia and Sky…” “That wasn’t a question.” Her mother stated, Tessa reluctantly trailing after her, the door soon slamming shut.

“That could’ve gone better... “ Sky grumbled, sinking lower into the water. “She’s the one who has to accept it.” Faye sighed, about to continue when her cell phone began to ring. Reaching out to take it from the purse she had brought, she checked the caller ID and nearly dropped it into the water. “Its Glen…” She choked out, unsure if she should answer. “You two need to talk, go, the spare room is right over there.” The younger woman gestured down a hallway as she lifted herself out after grabbed a towel, passing a nod of thanks their way before shutting the door and answering the call.

The two apparently worked things out, Faye soon going to meeting him at their house to discuss this further. Wishing her well and walking her out, Sky was happy to finally have Nadia to herself again, the couple once more gladly taking advantage of their time alone, but in a much more tame manner this time.

It had been a few weeks since the arrival of Nadia’s aunt, and she was ever so slowly warming up to the idea of them not being human. Tessa was more than for it, constantly asking about it even when her mother told her that she should stop pestering them (but Sky could clearly tell she was just a bit uncomfortable with the subject.) But soon she too began to become curious even if it was only a small amount. Not leaving the room when they got into the pool in their living room or slid off the back deck, to even being willing to talk minimally about it. It was progress, and progress was good.

Yet it was that time of year again, Halloween. Almost everyone’s favorite time of year for tricks, treats, and of course, the annual costume party at the aquarium that Kevin hosted each year. It was an even most of those on the island looked forward to every year as the costumes just kept getting more and more insane and outrageous than the last. It was almost sacrilegious not to dress up, and even worse to wear a bad costume. Last year Nadia and her had went as secret service agents, standing around and judging everyone they saw. It wasn’t the best, so this year they decided to try and step up their game.

Faye and Glen hadn’t told them what they were going to be, so it was up to them to try and impress them (and everyone else who would attend) blindly. And so they decided to keep it classic, Nadia dressing up as a werewolf with Sky taking the vampire.

It was still an hour and a half before they had to arrive, and they were running around trying to get the rest of their costumes together.

Sky was planted in front of the mirror in their bathroom, cursing as she kept poking herself in the eye trying to get the red contacts she had purchased in. “I’ll be done in a second…” She grumbled to Nadia, who was doing God knows what for her own costume.

As Tessa’s little eyes widened in response to Sky’s reluctant affirmation that, yes, her tail meant that she was a Siren too (or a mermaid, as far as the 11-year-old knew), Nadia found herself smiling a little despite currently tending to her poor old unconscious aunt. At her new wife’s apology, she embaced the woman, feeling a bit relieved due to Sky’s words to her. “I guess you’re right, yeah… better she know sooner than later.”

Afterwards, the situation calmed a little, Tessa more than contented by the three of them trying as best they could to entertain her and answer her questions. Hey didn’t have to even try at the former, though, considering their tails were clearly just the most fascinating thing in the world to her Nadia felt kind of warm about this little interaction. Sky’s smile, the first one she’d seen on the woman since their wedding day, was one reason why, but there was another. It felt like the three women were indirectly making a young child’s dreams come true in a way; Tessa’d probably even thought about what a merwoman’s tail might feel like, and now she knew. Even Faye seemed pleasantly distracted from her troubles with Glen and their unborn child from little Tessa’s appearance. Nadia only hoped that she wouldn’t be too harsh with the little girl once she woke… or worse yet, take her and leave to stay at a hotel for the time being. Due to these worries, Nadia was understandably quite tense when Sky and Faye both decided that they should wait in the water and not get out for Edith’s sake. Begrudgingly, she agreed and stayed in the water herself, knowing that Edith needed to get used to this, seeing as the three of them needed the water to stay healthy and hydrated.

When Edith finally did stir, her immediate reaction to once again seeing the tails was… thankfully, a little less extreme than expected. However, when Edith all but dragged her daughter out of the apartment for who knows how long, Nadia sighed in exasperation, understandably. “Yeah, it could’ve… but it’s not like Aunt Edith to just walk out on us… she’ll come around soon. Especially since Tessa will be bugging her to come back until until she caves. Might take a while for her to really accept it, though…” Nadia chuckled a bit despite herself at this comment of her own; she knew her aunt well... too well, one could almost certainly say.

Nadia looked Faye in the eyes sympathetically as her phone rang, resting a reassuring hand upon the woman’s shoulder. At Sky’s demand that she talk to her husand about this, Nadia simply gave her a stern nod and gently released the woman from her grip, anxiously moving closer to Sky and gently holding her in order to ease the anxiety they both felt.

Sky was immensely relieved when Faye returned with wonderful news regarding her conversation with Glen. Hugging her happily, she wished the woman, her child and Glen well along with Sky and allowed her to walk Faye out while she collected herself. Once Sky returned to the pool, she took hold of the moment and held her wife in her arms. She made sure not to get too crazy, though; the two couldn’t really afford to sleep in tomorrow as well.

Time passed, and to Nadia’s delight, it wasn’t very long at all that things seemed to be looking up again. Faye and Glen had worked things out, for one. She was even happier, as well, that Edith and Tessa (the former understandably reluctant, though) continued to stay, Edith even becoming slightly curious as to her niece and niece-in-law’s fishy halves. She clearly tired her darndest not to leave the building eveyr time she saw a glimpse of them; it was slow progress, but progress nonetheless. It might’ve helped that Nadia worked to pamper and treat her aunt as much as she could as she stayed, as a sort of wordless apology for causing her to nearly have a heart attack.

Before she knew it, it was that time of year again. Sky’s favorite, for certain, and among Nadia’s as well, though Christmas had always been her favored holiday. As had been tradition even since a year or twpo before they were officially a couple, the women were now preparing their themed pair of costumes for the Island’s most popular Halloween party, thrown at the aquarium on Halloween night. Insetad of going for an in retrospect bland choice such as the CIA Agents of last year, they went for a tried-but-true, but arguable more festive theme this year: the time-tested Vampire and werewolf.

Nadia busied herself with the task of donning her werewolf costume. It consisted of a matching black top and bottom, a black ear headband, a long, matching black tail piece, a fang mouthpiece, a set of four faux-fur "paws" of, you guess it, pitch black, and a pair of red contacts not unlike Sky's. It had been a bit of a task putting all of this on, but she knew the look would be worth it. She looked like your classic horror flick wolfman, grisly claws, fang-filled maw and deep red eyes to boot; albeit more feminine and slim in body shape, but that wasn't part of the costume. Either way, she was looking forward to playing the role, growling at everyone she saw and posing in a menacing pounce stance for pictures. Finally, she was now slipping on her pair of fuzzy black werewolf-paw gloves, complete with three long, sharp-looking (but of course not actually sharp) claws each. Rolling her eyes a bit at Sky's exasperated exclamation of being nearly done, she stood up and said, 'I'll be waiting for you in the car. Digging the costume by the way," she added wirth a wink, unsubtly gazing at certain area of the costume before heading to the door and waiting for Sky.

After a little more quarreling typical of a married couple during an event like this, Nadia walked with Sky to their car and got in the passenger’s seat, decided to let Sky drive for once.

It wasn’t very long before they arrived, and Nadia got out of the car, following Sky as the pair of them went around gawking at the others’ costumes while Nadia tried to find her way to the snack bar. She'd have to take her gloves off to eat anything, but it'd be worth breaking character a little. These parties were famous for, among other things, having absolutely amazing food. In the Halloween spirit, some of it did look a little unappetizing, but once you tried it, you kept coming back for more.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Last edited:
As they entered the aquarium, they were pretty amazed by the costumes they saw. Sky felt as if she were under-achieving when it came to her own, it simply being a pair of custom-fit fangs, the contacts, a red dress, and a fake bite mark on her neck. But she soon felt a little better about herself when she finally tracked down Faye and Glen. Bursting out laughing at the couple, the marine biologist would face her with a roll of her eyes. The woman was dressed as a fairy with her husband looking like a garden gnome. “It was my idea…” Glen chuckled, “Took some convincing but eventually she was up to it.” Sky nodded slowly. “Right… just try not to get your glitter everywhere.” Yet as expected, she had to duck out of the way as she tossed a handful in her direction.

“What’s Nadia dressed up as?” “A werewolf.” Now Faye managed a laugh after she asked, but couldn’t respond as Kevin approached them. “I’m surprised you three are even wearing costumes.” He mused, the three a bit annoyed by his comment. “But where’s yours?” Sky asked, he dressed in normal, everyday clothing. “I’m waiting to put it on…” He said slowly. “Wanted it to be a surprise for the contest.” “Stepping up your game?” Glen asked, as it was almost a running joke that Kevin has never won any of his own costume contests. “I’m trying.” He chuckled. “Although I think Faye might got me beat already.”

The night went on as it normally did, drinking, eating, costumes. It was a little awkward with the fake set of teeth in her mouth but soon she managed how to do so without causing the glue to loosen.

Tracking down Nadia a few hours after the party had began, she was about to ask her if they were going to enter the costume contest when the music that had been playing abruptly stopped, it soon followed by an explosion. Unable to pinpoint the location, Sky was about to call out when a haze settled upon the room. Did the fog machine burst? Grabbing her wife’s hand, she would lead (or drag rather) her through the crowd of confused people, finding Faye standing beside Kevin. “What happened? Where’s Glen?” She asked, the other woman quick to respond. “We don’t know what happened, and Glen stepped outside to take a phone call.” Nodding she would see Kevin grab the microphone that was attached to the sound system. “Its alright folks. I’m not sure what happened but its no-” he was cut off as he began to cough. “I’m oka-” Another coughing fit. “What the hell?” It was soon clear that whatever was in the air wasn’t fog. Soon others began to cough, others claiming they began to feel light headed. “Everyone out!” He commanded, people quick to flood towards the exit.

Sky, Faye, and Nadia didn’t hesitate in following this command, Sky personally feeling her head swimming although she assumed it was just a lack of oxygen. When they were finally outside and could breathe, Glen rushed over to them. “Are you okay?” “We’re fine.” Faye croaked. “Just something in the air.”

Without a sure cause of the incident found, they all were told to return home, the contest planned to be held sometime later that week. A bit disappointed but understanding, they all went home (although the aquarium employees had to be forced to leave by the host himself.)

By the time Sky and her wife walked through the door, the blue-haired woman was feeling absolutely awful. Considering it to be the alcohol she had drank, she moved to the bathroom and tried emptying the contents of her stomach to see if would make any sort of impact. When it didn’t she returned to find Nadia in no better shape than she was, they both quickly collapsing into bed, hoping they could sleep whatever this was off.

When morning finally came, Sky pried her eyes open with reluctance. While she didn’t feel as awful as she did from the night before, something else equally as strange had taken its place, such as a fierce pain in her jaw and burning behind her eyes. With a groan she would sit up a little, soon realising that she had forgotten to remove her costume, the red dress crumpled from having been worn to bed. With a grumble she would drag herself out of bed, shuffling over to their bathroom where she would flip on the light, squinting at how harsh it seemed. Then her eyes would flick to her reflection in the mirror, the woman assuming her eyes were irritated by the contacts she slept in but how pale she appeared (and naturally she was rather white) lead her to also believe she might’ve caught some sort of flu.

How wrong she was.

First she leaned in to remove the contacts, taking them out one by one. But after blinking a few times, glad to not have them on any longer, she frowned. The color had stayed. Sky was more than certain the dye used wouldn’t stain her iris’ but continued to remove the rest of her costume anyway. The fangs she had worn practically fell off, first because she assumed the glue had worn down, but as she took notice of how they had begun to crack down the center, they were being forced out of the way. A sinking feeling then was felt in her stomach as she then tried to rub off mark she had placed on her neck, it now being two neatly punctured holes.

This wasn't happening.

Opening her mouth again, the pain having subsided and replaced with a dull soreness, she saw that her incisors had lengthened considerably. But this was all her mind playing with her, right? That could've been a valid rational until she carefully took her pulse. Nothing. Taking a clumsy step back from the sink with her back up against the wall, it took Sky a moment to find her voice. “N-Nadia…” she whimpered softly, wanting confirmation that this was nothing more than a dream, or really trippy hallucination.

Looking this way and that among the throng of crazily-dressed individuals, the lights dimmed to provide a spooky atmosphere, Nadia found herself enthralled by some of the costumes others were wearing. Truth be told, she had to pry her eyes away from a few succubus costumes and the like (or, more accurately, away from the bodies underneath that they did a horrible job of covering). Each time she did so, she ensured as best she could that she returned her eyes to the outfit Sky was wearing, which was sexy in its own right, mostly due to her knowing exactly what was underneath it.

The two were halted from parading around, hand in hand, taking a look at all of the others’ frightful and fanciful adornments by a very familiar couple whom Nadia smiled upon seeing them standing hand-in-hand with smiles upon both their faces. Glen and Sky, dressed in amusing costumes that msde nadia giggle girlishly a little. It seemed clear that they’d resolved the conflict caused by their growing child. Having heard that two merwomen could reproduce, Nadia had half a mind to, a few months or a year or so later into their marriage, starting to convince Sky to have a child of their own. It felt like the right thing to do in her mind; to conceive and raise a child the natural way, something many other lesbian couples likely wished they could do themselves.

Little did she know, she should’ve been more careful what she wished for.

Nadia was daydreaming as the lovebirds and Sky conversed, but she was brought back to the present when she heard Faye asked what she was wearing. She blushed, her head down as Sky laughed. “Does it… really not look that realistic?” If Nadia knew that soon, she’d not have to worry about it looking realistic (if in a similarly overly cute way), she might’ve been less embarrassed now. But she’d have other things to worry about. Regardless, she found herself giddy just a few moments later, happy that Faye was so joyous tonight, regardless of being a laughing stock.

After Kevin greeted the four newlyweds and conversed with them, they all split up to enjoy the party in their own wyas. Nadia went straight for the sweets, then right for the booze after that,by the end having a handle of champing and sipping carefully around her own fake maw. She took it upon herself to take pictures of some of the other costumes as well. The party was going swimmingly (pun intended).

Seeing Sky emerge from the crowd of other conversing patrons, she smiled and began to close the distance to her, ready to tell her all about the amazing costumes she’d seen.

That very moment, there was a bang, and the atmosphere went from mirthful to terrifying in an instant. The music was gone, and a thick smoke filled the air. She gripped her lover’s hand tight, simply keeping up with her as best she could, relieved to hear Kevin’s voice when it sounded out. However, she devolved into coughing fits th3e moment he did, only to have Sky drag her out of the building urgently. Having asthma, her coughing became pretty bad, as she doubled over and nearly lost all the cake and wine she’d just consumed. Thankfully, it passed before that unpleasant thought came to fruition, and the pair of them found an equally panicked Glen, Faye tagging along.

In the end, they were all sent home, and Sky and Nadia both ended up rushing into their bedroom and falling into bed, not so much as getting out of their costumes, snuggling close after that extremely disturbing party crash experience. Nadia hit the bed the moment she’d gotten cozy, as she wasn’t feeling so hot herself.

In the morning, she found herself rested from sleep by a panicked cry of her name. “Sk-sky… what’s wrong…” she sat up wuickly, rubbing her eyes, which sky would now see were a deeper red than their matching contacts had given her. Also, the wolf ears were now the same brown as her heair, looked much more realistic, had no headband anymore, and in fact, were tritching this was and that. “N-not so loud, so early…” Sky hadn’t been very loud, so it was clear that her new ears were fittingly more acute than her normal human pair.

“I feel.. stange…” Nadia croaked out, stretching her hands above her head. Instead of a yawn coming out of her mouth then, she instead ended up letting out a very lupine howl. “Aaaaoooo-“ once he realized the noise she was making, she covered her mouth, thinking ‘what the hell is going on?’

Then, she noticed Sky. “L-love, you’re pale… what…” Then, she noticed one more thing about herself as she leaned forward to check for a fever on Sky’s forehead. She felt something brush against her leg, and looked down to see a moving, bushing tail. Also… Sky’s skin didn’t feel hot, but cold… like, not alive cold. Nadia was shaking now. “Sky… I’d ask if this is a dream, but it feels way too real. We,… we need to figure out what’s going on.” She rose from the bed. “Could you call Faye? If this happened to her too… we’re not going insane.” Trying to keep her breath steady, she shakily went to gaze at herself in the mirror. “Oh my god…”
StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Sky had remained mute as Nadia made her way to the bathroom, looking her over and realizing that she wasn’t the only one affected by this.

So it appeared that life wasn’t done fucking with them.

Staring at her new pair of ears with a partially opened mouth, she didn’t move as she checked her for a fever, but her skin felt hot against how deathly cold she was. As Nadia said that she should call Faye, she nodded and stiffly made her way to where her cell phone sat charging. Reaching for it, however, was a bit more difficult as it sat near the window, right in a ray of sunlight. As soon as her hand was hovering over the device, directly within the ray, an intense burning sensation tore up her arm. She recoiled with a cry of pain, hugging her hand to chest, she mumbled “Shit, this is going to be difficult…”

But the cry was loud enough to cause a knock to land on their bedroom door. “Sky? Nadia? Are you two alright?” Edith and Tessa were still in the house. “W-were fine…!” She croaked, tugging the charging cord and flipping the phone onto the bed so she could safely grab it. “Are you sure? You don’t sound fine.” Even though the woman didn’t necessarily like her and Nadia’s inhuman nature, she still cared about their wellbeing.

Knowing she wasn’t going to rest until she saw them alright, Sky moved to the door and opened it partially, opening her mouth to restate that they were fine when a scent originating from the woman in front of her became intoxicating. Not expecting this, she leaned on the door heavily, eyes wide. “Are you… oh my God…” She finally got a look at her eyes, Sky grimacing. “S-something happened last night…” After this the apparent vampire tried to close the door but it was stopped by her hand. “Do I need to call an ambulance or-” “No! Just, please, close the door…”

When Edith finally listened and the door shut, she gave a groan and stumbled back away from it. Sky had an idea of what that had been, although she wasn’t very keen on admitting it… Now, however, there was a fierce hunger centered in her stomach, the implications not helping the situation.

Finally using her phone, she dialed Faye’s number. It took a moment but it was answered, Glen on the other line. “Sky?” “Yes, where’s Faye?” “I don’t know!” The man was panicking. “She complained of not feeling well last night and went to bed with me, next thing I know, she’s gone…” The line went silent for a second after he trailed off, before heading an audible “What the hell?” “Glen.” She snapped. “I want you two at the aquarium as soon as possible.” And with that she hung up.

Getting to the aquarium was going to be a challenge, but Sky had an idea. Changing into more comfortable clothing and discarding her dress on the floor, she would drag Nadia out of the room and quickly towards their deck which was thankfully underneath the house’s shadow. Unsure what to expect, she force herself and her wife into the water, the familiar feeling of her tail forming being a welcome one. Glancing down at herself once it was complete, she realized that the blue color was faded to a white almost, what occurs when one died. Trying to ignore it she would looked to Nadia to make sure she was alright before they headed in the correct direction.

The swim didn’t take long, they emerging on the dock that was attached to the back of the warehouse-like structure with Glen there pacing back and forth, eagerly giving them towels as they pulled themselves out. “You two… what happened…” He gawked at Nadia’s ears and Sky’s fangs, the latter having to take a few breaths (as Glen was technically a warm blooded being) before responding. “That's… what we’re trying to figure out…” “Are you alright?” “No, now where’s Faye?” His face fell as she said this, gesturing for the two to follow as they approached a few stacked, empty, and sealed tanks, a small figure perched on top. “Well shit…” she muttered, looking down at the now 5 inch tall Faye. The woman was wrapped in a large scrap of cloth with a set of translucent wings visible upon her back, she looking terrified. “We took the form of our costumes…” The biologist muttered, Sky and Nadia hearing her just fine with Glen not having a clue due to how quiet her voice now was. “Everyone who was at the party did…” Sky responded, her eyes flicking between them now being more annoyed than angry. “It was the smoke… wasn't it?” Glen would then comment, kneeling down so he could actually hear his wife. “After that explosion and everyone ran out, maybe anyone who was dressed in one and breathed it in was affected.” “It would explain why you're still normal…” Faye huffed, tugging the cloth around her tighter before noticing that that the other couple was soaking wet. “Don't tell me that…” she began but Sky just nodded, the woman closing her eyes. “I'm every little girl’s fa-” She cut her complaining off, eyes opening and widening as she remembered something more than important. “We need to fix this.” Faye would then state softly, Sky grumbling “How? We don't know who or what did this.”

“But I do.” Kevin said sternly, pushing a young man of around 17 near the group. He looked startled, possibly even afraid. Sky would grip Nadia’s arm as they entered tightly, both of the men being human and irresistibly alluring. “This is the kid that rigged the fog machine to spray a potion instead of the normal liquid, it having this effect on anyone wearing a costume.” “I-it was just a prank!” He cried, trying to back away when the man grabbed him by the shirt collar. “A prank that fucked the lives of a lot of people. Go on, tell them how to clean up this mess and then I'm going to get the cops to haul your ass away.” He looked at the four nervously before speaking. “My parents are mages, I got a look at their potion recipe book, found this, and made it… I never-” “Get to the point.” Kevin snapped. “Or I'm going to let them tear into you first.” He gestured towards Sky and Nadia, she rolling her eyes but not risking responding. “You're going to have to ask them!” He cried. “They might know something to reverse the effects.” “Alright, fine. Tell me their names and phone number and we’ll be calling them before the police get here.” He would then drag him off again, towards his office where the land-line was.

Soon the pair would show up, looking as if they were in a hurry. When they finally appeared, it was a rather youthful appearing couple, his mother beginning to apologize as soon as she saw the three, his father scolding him almost immediately. “I’m sorry for this, all of this… he knows better than the mess with humans in-” Faye cut her off with a frown, but Sky had to reiterate what she said. “She said that none of us are human. At least, not us three.” The woman appeared confused. “Really? Then…” She trailed off, muttering something under her breath before nodding. “You were all afflicted by the siren incident?” “Yes, we were some of the first few turned before it got out of hand.” Sky responded, the mage sighing. “Well then this is going to be a bit more difficult to fix than I thought…”

The boy and his father were headed back home while the mage, who introduced herself as Colleen, spoke with the three afflicted, Glen, and Kevin. “It's nice to meet you all, although I wish it were under better circumstances…” She trailed off, noticing that Sky was rather distant. Without hesitation she muttered a brief spell before taking a step towards her, shoving her wrist in her mouth. The woman instinctively bit down, hard. Even though Colleen was keeping a relatively straight face, she flinched slightly at the pain it caused. “What are you-” “She needs feed.” She stated plainly, not fazed that a vampire was drinking from her. “Unless you prefer she kills all of you in a bloodlust.” No one protested.

Sky slowly grew aware, blinking a few times before she realized what she was doing. With a cry muffled by Colleen’s wrist, she pulled her fangs out and stumbled back, eyes wide. The mage blinked a few times, appearing dazed as she healed the wound, a little color returning to her skin. “T-there…” She muttered. “Now that you're all focused, I need to ask if you all want to remain what you are now, sirens, or human.” Most would say siren, except Glen who mumbled a soft “human.” “Alright then, how this is going to work is removing the effect from your… natural form. As even though you all once were human, you aren't anymore. So… if you would please…”

Last edited by a moderator:
Nadia, still stunned past speechlessness by her and Sky’s… changes, for lack of a better word, was about to ask if she was feeling okay when the sunlight from the window suddenly seemed to stop her in her tracks, the woman screaming in pain and Nadia instinctively rushing forward and pulling her away from the light. Pale skin, sun aversion… and Nadia herself had a moving pair of ears and an also living tail to boot. The only conclusion seemed to be that they costumes became… real, somehow. Nadia would’ve dismissed and denied It till the cows came home if she had not experienced being a mythical sea creature for so long; waterbreathing, fish tail and all. Nadia cursed quietly alongside her now-technically-dead wife as she gave a grim nod to her comment afterwards, freezing as she heard a dreaded voice. No, Aunt Edith could NOT see them like they were at that moment. Nadia was absolutely certain that she’d really have a heart attack this time if she did.

Nadia sighed and shot her lover a glance, shaking her head as if to say that wasn’t going to work. Edith had always been the stubbornly caring sort that was going to remain in front of the door until she saw what was going on… sort of where Nadia got her own protective side, admittedly. Nadia found herself hiding behind the open door so as not to inadvertently kill the frail aging woman with the sight of her new lupine features as Sky opened the door. Her own affliction could thankfully be mistaken for some sort of medical condition.

Giving Sky a look of surprise as the woman managed to get the persistent Edith of the ladies’ combined cases, she then listened to her subsequent and hurried conversation with Faye, her eyes widening as she wondered how in the hell they were going to get to the aquarium like this, much less in time to meet the other two before too long had passed. Thankfully, as she pretty much always did, Sky alreay had a plan. Nadia followed (of course after somehow finding the time in this desperate situation to pay ample attention to Sky changing), but found herself hesitating slightly once she realized they were heading towards the dock. What if becoming… whatever she was now, as she’d definitely not expected a werewolf to look like this, rid her of her Siren form, making this plan useless and dangerously exposing Sky to sunlight? Sky didn’t give her time to ponder it any more however, jumping in the water while Nadia still held onto her hand, dragging her in as well. To her relief, she did in fact feel the telltale signs of her tail forming once she leapt into the water. Instead of blue, though, she noticed moments later that her tail was now an odd trout-like brown. It had altered her tail, too , apparently, and she found herself hoping to god that it was reversible more than she already had been She loved that color.

It felt like a blur as they rushed through the water and into the aquarium through the dock that acted as a convenient little entrance for the pair in this time of need. Greeting Glen, Nadia then found herself lowering her head and blushing a bit as he stared at her ears, hearing his stunned tone a little clearer than she’d like to because of the blasted things. She allowed Sky to explain, before she also brought up what nadia was about to ask herself, regarding Faye’s location. When they saw her, Nadia froze. ‘Oh my god… I’m so sory, faye…” she breathed. How the hell was all this happening? Funnily enough. Fayeseemed to answer her question wth her next words. It seemed very clear indeed now that they really had been turned into “real” versions oft hier costumes but, how the hell that happened and who set it in motion was still quite the mystery.

Thankfully, the gang then began to piece it all together. Aaaah, that smoke. No wonder why it felt like ti was burning her lungs and made her feel strange afterwards. O, some kind of magic, she supposed. But the question remained as to who would do sucha a thing to so many people?

Thankfully, Kevin had the answer. A normal-looking teenage boy (though, to be fair, before these costumes, her and Sky were ‘normal-looking’ as long as they were on dry land, or more recently, wearing their trusty pendants as well as having their feet on the ground). Nadia began to stare through the boy’s soul, making a point to intensify the glare when Kevin threatened to let her and Sky handle him. She sure had a few choice words for the kid. Technically, one could even say he killed Sky, because he certainly made their lives into an even bigger mess than they already were, and that was certainly saying something.

Thankfully, the boy did have a lead as to how to fix it, and nada found herself once again pacing back and forth, her ears twitching as she waited for the boy’s parents. I seemed like an excruciatingly long wait, but finally, the boy’s father had brought the brat home and his mother, introducing herself as colleen, remained.

Nadia listened intently to her instructions, though she grew more uneasy with every word, Colleen’s grim tone causing her nerves to go hawire.She held onto Sky’s hand for comfort, as she then quickly noticed now spaced out her lover was. ‘Uuum, Sky..? What’s wrong?” Sjhe asked softly. She didn’t respond, and a moment later, she heard Colleen mutter something before suddenly, Sky let go of her hand and raced towards the woman. “Stop that! Let her go!“ She demanded, her voice nearly turning into a territorial growl, like an alpha wolf trying to protect her mate. Then, she froe as Sky suddenly.. bit into the woman’s arm. When colleen explained what she was doing, however, the angry glare disappeared from her face and her eyes widened. Nadia shivered at the very thought of Sky attacking even her because of something like this, but considering how famished she looked as she devoured the sorceress’s blood, it seemed like Colleen knew what she was talking about. This display, besides terrifying her, did manage to eke out quite a bit more trust from nadia than she was ever expecting to have from this woman, putting herself on the line like that.

When Sky regained lucidity and stumbled back, Nadia wrapped her arms about the woman from behind protectively, efore listening to Colleen as best as she could, trying not to keep imagining the scene from moments ago. Seeing Sky like that was… harrowing, to say the least. When it was asked if she wanted to reamin Siren, there was no hesitation, a confident “siren” escaping her lips alongside the same word from her likely-still-disheveled lover, whom Nadia had decided she wasn’t letting go of unless she absolutely needed to now.

“Maam,” Nadia asked timidly after her sharp “if you would please”. “I am honored you want to help us, but… are you going to put yourself at risk with this? Unless you’re sure there’s no other way, I’d rather you not have to do that.” Nadia had a feeling that she’d already considered all the options and there were no others, if her grim ton truly was indicative of what Nadia thought it was. It was. In fact, colleen would be risking far more than Nadia would even be close to anticipating. Still clinging to Sky, she waited and watched for Colleen’s next move nervously.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

The three of them more than eagerly had climbed into one of the recently cleaned pools that were within the warehouse, although they had to assist the now minature Faye into the water, she appearing not all that pleased as her own tail formed. After this, Colleen took a breath, hesitating before her form began to change. The woman’s skin and hair bleached to a stark white, her eyes and a dark red-black along with her veins standing out red against her skin almost like tattoos upon it. Her nails lengthened into tipped black claws and she even seemed to gain a little bit of height.

This was more than unexpected.

Faye had moved back towards Sky a little, the normal-sized woman’s eyes wide. Glen had taken a step back from where he stood, the four of them speechless. The magic user averted her gaze from theirs, clearing her throat softly before speaking. “Seeing as this is going to take quite a bit of magical effort, I’m going to be unable to keep my glamour up at the same time… this is one drawback of having magical energy in your blood.” The woman was clearly embarrassed and quite possibly ashamed of this, causing Sky to try and speak up. “We aren’t… any better, heh…” Giving her head a brief shake, Colleen would nod. “Who’s first?”

Glen was, the man eagerly stepping forward as the witch would begin to conjure a spell, placing a hand on his shoulder as she closed her eyes. He had to stifle a cry as it became painful, although quickly fading only for the mage to swallow a flich herself, her skin rippling ever so slightly.

“Next… I would like to do Faye.” She stated, moving to the side of the pool. “Her size is going to take longer to reverse.” Colleen didn’t sound so sure. “You’re not telling us something.” Sky finally said, eyeing the woman. She didn’t respond at first, as if not sure how to continue. “Due to the nature of these afflictions… I can’t simply dispel it… I… I need to transfer it to myself first before being able to get rid of it completely.” Glen looked horrified. “Does that mean you’re a siren now?” She gave a nod. “Not for long, but yes. But as long as you all don’t have any interests in exploiting these momentary weaknesses, I’ll be fine.” Faye wasn’t about pass this on, however. “No!” She cried, it barely being heard. “Why would you think that-” Colleen cut her off. “Dear, please save the heroics. I’m not the one who’s carrying a child, which I’m not sure what complications your small size could have.” “How did you…” She asked, trailing off, the witch giving a small smile. “I’m 342 years old. Call it womanly intuition… or scanning your thoughts.” This quickly shut her up, the woman lowering a hand into the water so she could swim into it, just fitting in her palm.

After the spell was cast, the response to this was… different.

Faye gave a squeak, her form enlarging slowly and painfully back to its rightful size, the wings melding into her back. Colleen on the other hand gave a hiss and gripped the side of the tank with her claws scratching the glass, face twisted into a horrid expression that was only amplified by her current appearance. “What the hell did he use…” She growled, partially to herself, glancing up at Sky, Nadia, and a now relieved but still somewhat worried Faye. “What’s wrong?” Sky asked, she forcing out “The ritual that was used to make you four sirens is a natural, ancient magic, so that was relatively simply to transfer and set aside. But whatever Leon, my son, had gotten into is purely artificial and… wrong. Its conflicting with my own magic.” Colleen would finish speaking with another gasp as her discomfort grew, grimacing and gesturing for Sky and Nadia to near her. “Come, we need to finish this quickly.” Sky was about to protest, but a look from the much older woman silenced her, nearing the edge of the tank without question.

After taking both Sky and Nadia’s curses, the woman crumpled to the floor, unable to stand. Glen was quick to kneel beside her, her breath coming out raggedly as her form began to change. Colleen shrank and although no wings appeared, a white set of ears with a matching tail did.

The process was finished in a few moments, her clothing surprisingly having been able to adapt to the change. Faye had already been gotten a shirt as Glen then delicately picked the woman up, setting her on the small stack of tanks where the marine biologist had perched earlier. “You need to contact him…” She hissed through clenched teeth. “As this wasn’t a normal potion he used.”

Glen had rushed off to Kevin’s office, leaving the three who were bound to the tank to stay with the witch in distress. “You didn’t have to do this…” Sky mumbled, Colleen quickly snapping back “Y-yes I did.”

It wasn’t more than minutes later when Kevin, Glen, Darren (Colleen’s husband,) and Leon arrived back in the warehouse, the three still remaining in the tank as Darren rushed beside his wife, kneeling down beside the stack of tanks. Their son neared it slowly, looking even more guilty than he had before. “Mom…?” He would ask slowly, his father answering harshly. “What did you use.” “It was just a potion from a book!” “Which book.” “The… old one… with the creepy cover an-” The man cut him off with a vile curse. “Just stop.” He growled before fully focusing on his wife. “Sleep, love. You’ll be alright…” He would murmur, casting a spell of his his own which forced Colleen to relax, she soon falling unconscious as he had said.

Darren then stood, glaring at his son. “I told you never to touch that specific grimoire.” “It was a mistake!” “A mistake that might be irreversible.” He snarled, running his hands through his hair as he glanced back towards Colleen.

The man said he knew a possible fix, but wanted to be alone. He advised that the girls would remain in the tank for another while at least before getting out as it was their natural form now. Sky had reluctantly agreed to this, watching as Darren picked his wife up and carried her carefully off towards the empty rooms they had. “I never wanted this to happen…” Leon said softly, watching them go with a helpless expression. “Then what did you want to happen?” Kevin would ask, crossing his arms. “I… I don't know…” he would finally state, casting his gaze to the floor. “I just wanted to have a little fun… it's not like I can cast any spells anyway…” Sky was confused. “What do you mean? Aren't both of your parents mages?” He nodded. “Yes… but for some reason my blood doesn't contain any magic.”

It was a few hours waiting for Colleen and Darren to return, the three finally getting out of the tank once pants were brought for them. Already dried off and sitting together, making small talk, they finally saw the couple walking towards them. Colleen had her glamor back up, appearing fatigued but normal. Leon was quick to go and embrace his mother, the woman doing so before returning to leaning on her husband. “Thank God…” Faye sighed, the witch looking between them. “He was able to reverse most of it… although one aspect was being stubborn and decided to stay…” She would lower the spell, her form looking as it had before all of this had started except for the white wolf ears that were perched upon her head and a matching tail. “It isn't a big deal, as I'm not a lycanthrope, just have these appendages.” She would hide them again, Sky speaking. “I'm glad you're alright.” Colleen nodding with a smile. “Thank you, dear…” She trailed off, looking at her a moment before continuing. “You still seem a bit pale, are you feeling alright?” The blue-haired woman shrugged. “A small headache and a little nauseated, but that's most likely because the only thing I had after a night of drinking was…” Her face fell into a slight grimace. “You're blood.” Thus seemed to remind the woman of something, she nodding slowly. “Yes… with the amount you took and how concentrated the magic is in my blood there could be some… side effects… I'm sure Kevin can give you my number which you should call if you notice anything strange or if your condition worsens.” Sky would frown but nod, not responding.

Eventually they all left to head home, the mages now about to contact anyone else afflicted and cure them. The two were happy to be home, it feeling as if day had lasted forever when it was only 3 PM.

The couple had decided to take a nap, Edith and Tessa glad to see them home and normal. Falling into their bed with the door closed, she couldn't help but smile as Nadia’s aunt scolded the girl and told her to be quiet so they could sleep.

It was around 7 PM when they finally woke to the scent of food being cooked in the kitchen. Though when Nadia would climb out, Sky was a bit hesitant. “I-I'm fine…” She’d mutter, eventually standing on unsteady legs. “Just need something to eat.” But as they shuffled out into the kitchen, she gripped onto her wife tightly to keep from losing her balance. Edith turned around from what she was preparing, a frown on her lips. “Sit her down… she looks almost as pale as she did this morning…” Not about to protest, she sat at the table with a grimace, the scent of food causing her stomach to churn even more. “Y-you still have Colleen’s number, right?” She asked, Nadia, ignoring how confused the other two were.

As soon as the mage was called, she said she was hurrying over as fast a she could, concern bloating her tone. Not more than a few agonizing minutes later, there was a knock at the door, Edith answering it but surprised as Colleen pushed past her to where Sky still sat. Placing a hand on her forehead and looking into her eyes, she sighed. “She needs to be cooled down… Sky, can you stand?” The woman slowly did, leaning on the witch heavily as Edith stormed over. “What on earth is going on?” Instead of offering up a response, Colleen simply lowered her glamour, the woman giving a scream and stepping back, unable to speak as they moved to the pool of water in the living room. Coaxing her into the pool, she was quick to lower her hand into the pool, muttering a brief spell, its temperature dropping. Once that was finished, she moved forward to remove Sky’s shirt, ignoring any protests that they would’ve given as she was still wearing a bra. Now rather visible against her skin were veins stemming from her heart, they standing out as red as Colleen’s. “This is my fault…” She sighed. “I should’ve thought about this before…”

“Whats wrong with Sky?” Tessa would’ve asked, watching with wide eyes. Looking up towards the girl, who Edith was trying to hold back from getting any closer, she gave her answer some thought before answering. “Magic, sweetheart.”

Nadia settled into Sky’s side the moment that both of them had sat in the tub, wrapping her srams about Sky protectively, tight like a living blanket around her and even wrapping her tail about Sky’s own, currently pale, fishy appendage. Nadia also found herself keeping an eye on Faye, itending to ensure the poor, currently tiny woman came to no harm, especially since she was with child.

“What is she going to-” Nadia began to ask no one in particular, only for her breath to be stolen away the very next moment by the sudden change in colleen’s appearance from a normal (if uncannily beautiful) woman to, well, a look akin to those evil witches that acted as villains in every other Disney movie. Thankfully, though she looked the part, her selfless actions thus far had given her the air, in Nadia’s eyes, of being anything but evil. Even if any of the other three Sirens (or former Sirens, in Glen’s case) had come to the same conclusion, they were all rendered speechless by the sight of her seeming true form. At Colleen’s explanation, Nadia’s eyes only widened, though she did end up smirking despite herself and nodding at Colleen in agreement with Sky’s quip that they weren’t any better as far as having glaring signs that they simply were not human in their “true forms”, making life a little challenging at times, to put it lightly.

The atmosphere tense and uncertain, all Nadia could do then was widen her eyes in shock as the risk Colleen had to take to cure the two pairs of lovers became apparent. She was utterly speechless and frozen, wincing and holding Sky tighter against her own body as Colleen worked her literal magic. Nadia found the ability to speak up only after her lover had done the same, followed by Colleen’s selfless insistence to the contrary of Sky’s comment. “W-we’re deeply grateful, Colleen.. Thank you…” Staring in fear and shock at the amalgamation the woman had become, Nadia could only hope she would recover from this and there’d be no permanent damage. Glen being right on calling Darren as requested, and the man arriving very shortly after, certainly helped in allowing Nadia to hold out hope, However.

Nadia found herself wordless as the situation in front of her transpired, switching between casing worried glances over at Colleen, angry glares towards Leon,and looks over to the woman that she currently had locked in a protective embrace to gauge how she was doing. She tried to just let the moment pass by, not think about it too much, as this was all making her head spin.

Soon, the couple left, and Nadia simply glared at Leon again and shook her head. After a moment, though, she spoke up to him. “I hope you have learned a lesson from all this…” she said simply. “You’re clearly smart; I’d be overjoyed to hear that you got your act together and did something good with that brain of yours.”

Waiting in the pool and cuddling Sky as long as the woman allowed it for the sake of comfort for the both of them, Nadia silently waite fo the couple to return, eyes downcast.When Colleen returned, lookking much better however, Nadia found herself smiling slightly, relieved that Colleen’s selfless action had not been the end of her. As she revealed the only remaining trace of the curses, she found herself giggling a little. A fluffy wolf tail and matching pair of ears straight out of an anime looked a little funny on Colleen at first, but it seemed to suit her in a way Nadia couldn’t quite put her finger on. However, as Colleen continued, Nadia’s heart sank fast. The news that Colleen’s blood could have ‘negative side effects’, as the woman put it, was distressing to say the least.

Clinging onto her lover extra tightly as they went home, climbed in bed and Nadia herself smiled a bit at hearing her aunt scold her daughter to let the women sleep. The very moment she could, she embraced Sky firmly and protectively, as though she believed her closeness would ward off any negative effects Colleen’s blood would have. It was unlikely to have such an effect of course, but hearing Sky’s breaths after her brief spell as a vampire came as a reassurance that she’d be fine.

When Nadia awoke due to Sky’s stirrings that evening, however, Nadia didn’t have to even look twice at her to realize something was wrong. However, she was likely absolutely famished after not eating all day and likely being drained by Collen’s cure. Nadia decided to take Sky’s word for just being hungry and helped her to the kitchen. Alas, even as food was placed in front of her it was clear that hunger was not the problem. It was something beyond their grasp. The very moment Sky asked if she still had Colleen’s number, she nodded and dialed it without a second thought.

When the woman arrived, Nadia was trying desperately to calm Edith and say she’s simply a frriend here to help Sky, but only Colleen’s actions managed to make her back off, and in fact sit down at the table, nearly passing out. “I’m sorry about all this, auntie…” Nadia said to he before wordlessly following Sky and Colleen into the living room, standing by the pool and watchiing her lover with empathetic, fearful eyes as Colleen cooled her down, staring at the painful-looking swollen veins colleen had revealed. Nadia only found words when the witch began to berate herself, her tone gentler than perhaps Coleen was anticipating. ‘“I don’t blame you, Colleen... You were trying to protect us all, on top of knowing what you were already going to do for total strangers… I-” Suddenly, her phone rang. Sighing, she muttered “I’ll be right back,” deciding not to answer unless someone with importance to her almost rivaling Sky’s called… unfortunately, that’s exactly what happened.

Grabbing the offending object off her nightstand, Nadia’s eyes widened and she immediately stepped into the bathroom to accept the call and utter a questioning “uncle Ivan?” the moment she saw the aforementioned man’s caller I.D. on the screen. “Hey, Na-na…. I’ve uh… got something i need to tell ya.” His tone made Nadia’s heartrate accelerating. Oh god… what horrible thing was happening now?

Ivan took a deep breath before letting all he had to say escape his mouth in a pauseless string of words. “I’ve still got channels connected to the government, and I heard something disturbing. apparently an agent up in D.C. named Trent Friar has captured a Siren calling herself Natasha Gilman… that has to be your mother, Nadia… I’m sorry. I could get you passage to D.C. if you want, but it’ll be dangerous...”

There was only a gasp in response coming from the other end of the line, followed by sobbing. Ivan sighed, having expected this. “Take care, Na-na. Call me back when you’re ready. Love you, baby girl.” With that, Ivan hung up to leave Nadia to collect her thoughts. Needless to say, that was a monumental task for her right now. Nadia had never even seen her own mother in anything but old pictures, her father always insisting she’d died when Nadia was too young to remember. Putting the phone down, she wordlessly returned to the living room and looked to Colleen. Taking a deep breath and deciding to put aside thoughts of her mother until a good time to tell Sky about what Ivan had told her, she asked the wise old witch the most pressing question on her mind. “So… what can be done about this? If there’s any way at all I can be of assistance, please let me know…”
StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

All but Sky had heard Nadia’s sobbing, Edith going to check on her while Tessa used this as an opportunity to get closer to Colleen, the witch allowing her to sit beside her as she worked on the ill woman. Her skin was flushed, the red stemming from her heart was slowly inching its way ever outwards. “I’m going to need to stay with her overnight…” She sighed, the young girl having tugged a pillow from the couch and held it out to her, she accepting it with a small smile.

Eventually Colleen did fall asleep on the floor beside the pool, although it did take a few hours. Edith had to usher her daughter into the spare room and get her to sleep so they wouldn’t be disturbed.

Sky was freezing cold when she finally became conscious, slowly blinking her eyes open and realising that she was underwater. Slowly she would sit up, her body stiff and sore as she broke the pool’s surface, the air even colder. Wrapping her arms around herself, she saw Colleen resting not too far away, her tail curled around her in an adorable fashion. Unable to fight back a small smile (as it was an odd thing for such a terrifying looking woman) she would look towards the clock that was on the cable box below their TV, it only being 4: 30 AM. With a sigh, she would glance down at the water, seeing her tail with what almost looked to be a coating of frost on her scales. This wasn’t good… but she didn’t want to wake the mage…

But for some reason, she didn’t have too.

Suddenly the water would slowly heat up, steam beginning to rise from its surface. It felt wonderful, Sky looking towards Colleen to see if she had cast a spell when the woman slowly stirred, blinking a few times and frowning as she saw up a little, her ears flattening slightly. “Sky…” She said carefully, her voice lowered. “Can you give me your hand please?” With a frown she would nod, lifting it out of the water for the older woman to grab. Yet when she did, she cursed and pulled back, concern flooding her features. “I need you to focus on how warm you are.” Colleen instructed while shifting into a kneeling position. “Imagine… the temperature on a thermometer dropping.” The siren was now showing her worry visibly, casting her gaze away and doing so. At first it was difficult to get such an image in her mind, but eventually she did, feeling the water slowly descend to a more normal temperature around her.

“Good…” Colleen cooed, Sky having a terrified look on her face. “W-what’s happening…” She asked, looked at her with wide eyes. “When a vampire intakes blood…” The woman began. “It doesn’t go directly to the stomach. Instead, it’s cycled back into their bloodstream because a corpse can’t produce its own red blood cells. It hadn’t completely neutralized yet when I took the curse from you, so the magic in my blood found none in yours and conflicted violently. It either would’ve killed you or attached itself. Thankfully the latter occurred.” “So this means…” Sky mumbled, her sentence being finished for her. “That you now have an unstable magical potential, yes.”

“I don’t need you freaking out. Not yet anyway.” Colleen said while standing. “The last thing we need is you leveling this house to the ground. Just try to relax, despite how difficult that might seem at the moment.”

After leaving a small note for the others to find come morning, Colleen would have fetched her a towel, allowing her to dry off and climb out, donning a new shirt and pair of pants before leaning on the couch, not entirely steady yet. “That’s going to be a combination of being transformed all night and the magic…” The witch sighed, helping her into a standing position and allowing the shorter woman to lean on her as they walked to the front door, heading towards the car she had parked out front.

It felt like the ride took hours, Sky almost falling asleep during it. But eventually she did finally stop, coaxing her out to see that they had arrived at what looked to be a secluded part of the beach. “Casting me out into the sea, huh…” Sky joked, the mage roll her eyes and helping her walk down to the shore. “I just need you to remain here for a little while so you don’t injure yourself or anyone else.” She didn’t respond, not seeing it necessary. Despite how cliche it sounded, she didn’t want to potentially harm Nadia, Tessa, Edith, or anyone else in the surrounding area.

Reaching the shore, they walked along the waterline a little ways before abruptly stopping, she gesturing down into the dark water, it appearing more like a cliff than a gentle slope into the sea. “Down a small ways there should be a cave embedded into the wall.” Sky sighed. “I just love underwater caves…” “I’ll be back around dawn with a few things and to see if we can tame that magic you now have, but you need to try and rest now. I can tell you’re barely awake.” Colleen would give her a gentle push towards the water, the younger woman shuffling towards the edge before fighting back a grimace as she allowed herself to slide in. Waiting a few moments for her tail to form once more, she glanced up at the reassuring face of the witch, taking a little comfort in it as she swam down, spotting the opening rather clearly. Not wasting any time, she was quick to enter it, finding the back and lying along the stone floor, using her arms as a pillow as she fell asleep.

However, before she did, it finally occurred to Sky how much shit had happened to them within the past few months. Her and Nadia had turned into sirens, nearly been killed on multiple occasions, held captive by the government, escaped and then put through an ancient ritual that stole their humanity, saved by the very place Faye used to work at, rescued, married to the one woman she loved most, scared by the thought of impregnating a woman, turned into a vampire, cured of it, and now being told she has a magical talent from someone she hadn’t even knew for a full 24 hours but trusts completely.

Her final thought before drifting off?

When did her life become some awful, paperback, teenage novel.

Sky slept deeply, but not comfortably. Regardless she slept soundly until something forced her awake. She barely could open her eyes as she was thrown against the cavern wall, barely able to make our her assailant in the dim lighting. With a stunted yelp, she couldn’t move out of the way of an incoming tail, the powerful appendage landing a solid hit right on the middle of her own. With a cry of pain, Sky shrank back and located the figure, it being difficult to focus due to the newfound throbbing where they had wounded.

“Who are you.” They growled, unable to tell if the voice was masculine or feminine. “Someone from the island!” Sky said without hesitation. “I’m sorry if this cave is yours, I-I was just told to come here for the night.” “Yeah right... “ They hissed, sending a strong pulse of water her way with a gesture of her hand, Sky being forced back, her head smacking onto the stone. Vision flickering she would raise a hand to where the impact had occurred, feeling an open wound. “Pathetic…” The other siren would mutter, landing a final blow, knocking Sky unconscious.

Nadia looked up at Edith gratefully as she moved to comfort her. But, being the nosy person she was (even if her nosiness was always good-intentioned, she of course asked what was wrong. Telling her that her sister was not only dead, as Nadia’s father had made both sides of the family believe, but a mythical creature as well, after all the believable reality checks she’d had to endure over the last few years, so she found herself shaking her head, saving telling aunt Edith for a less stressful time than usual. Being an .” To Nadia’s slight relief, this caused Edith to back back off on the nosiness. “Alright honey… if you ever need to talk though, I’m here.” Thank you, Auntie…”

“Nadia, Honey, I know you’re worried about Sky but you’ve got work tomorrow… you need sleep. How about you head back to your room? Miss Colleen will take care of Sky. She seems… nice…” Edith found herself pausing with a terrified look on her face, which actually made Nadia laugh a little. “I know it’s hard to believe but… believe it or not, you get used to seeing freaky things like that the more you do. Ever since Sky became what she is now, and then I became what I now am… it was uncanny just how many strange things happened after that… I ummm. I don’t feel very tired yet so, would you let me talk for a bit? I want to catch you up on all that’s happened. It’s going to be… trippy, so prepare yourself for that.”

Nadia then found herself Feeling her aunt, the first person she had ever told, everything that had occurred over the last year and then some. A wild ride that it was clear Edith had a hard time believing, but nonetheless she still listened attentively.

Every now and then, Nadia would look past Edith and towards the pool, but it looked as though Sky’s unconscious state wasn’t going to change for quite a while now. However, at one point she noticed that Colleen had fallen asleep. “Lookie, auntie,” Nadia whispered, putting her forefinger to her lips in a “shh” gesture. Urning, Collen smiled, now trusting the terrifyingly-visaged woman a bit more than she otherwise had. Clearly, for whatever reason, likely due to guilt over her son’s death she figured, as Nadia had told her of that as well, it was certainly time for sleep. “Nadia honey, you should follow Colleen’s example as much as you can tonight; I know it’ll be hard to sleep but you must at least try. I will pray for Sky.” “Thank you auntie… I will be too…” she replied softly. Edith smiled. “Good. I need to corral my little troublemaker now. Have a good night, nadia.” “You too, Auntie Edith.”

“Alright Tess, time for bed babygirl,” Edith said as Nadia left the room reluctantly, taking one last, worried look at Sky in the pool. The moment she hit the bed, she ended up falling into a deep sleep born of the insane and stressful events that had occurred today.

She awoke groggily the next morning, but despite said grogginess found the drive to get up immediately to check on Sky in the living room pool. She froze the moment she saw that she wasn’t there. Colleen was gone, too. Frantically, she began running about the apartment looking for them, but instead found a note. Reading it speedily, she sighed, feeling slightly relieved ut also paranoid that something could’ve happened to her at the bech. It was nice of colleen to try and get her out of there, though. Trying to call Sky was futile, as Nadia had just seen her phone in the house while trying to find its owner. She paced back and forth for a few moments, before she decided that she couldn’t just sit here and twiddle her thumbs. She qickly drank some coffee, got dressed, then rushed out the door and into the car, going straight to the beach and even speeding a little here and there. She had a gut feeling that something had happened… and her gut feelings were usually right.

Arriving there, she saw no sign of Sky, and without even looking around for Colleen, found herself panickedly entering the water, searching near the shore. There were some nice places to rest around here that the two had discovered over the time they’d been inhuman, and she had a feeling Sky would be in one of those… if she was here. Nadia dove down and searched every nook and cranny she thought Sky would be in, searching tirelessly until she found either her, evidence of her or wore herself clean out. She hadn’t even woken Edith to let her know where she’d be,, or left her own note, as she was so focused on ensuring Sky was safe.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Nadia was unfortunately back too far along the shore to be of any help, Colleen having gotten to the right place with her glamour fully intact and her arms full of various bags both of plastic and cloth. Looking around and calling out Sky’s name, she figured she was still asleep but couldn’t help but feel that there was something else going on.

And there was.

The waterline stirred as Sky’s motionless body was tossed onto the sand, bloody brine streaming from her head and staining the beach. Dropping what she held, she rushed over with wide eyes, kneeling beside the siren and immediately beginning to try and help. Slowly she checked for a pulse… alive… thank God she was still alive. Calmed down somewhat, she began to work, flipping her over and gently dragging her out of the water so she could check for other wounds. Bruising around her back but nothing else was life threatening. This was even more of a relief, Colleen beginning to cast a healing spell when she paused. She had been so caught up in her work that something hadn’t stood out to her.

Sky still had her tail even though she wasn’t submerged.

Looking to her neck, she saw that her pendant was missing. This wasn’t good, as it meant she was currently suffocating. Gritting her teeth, and not wanting to put her back in the ocean for fear of whatever was still out there potentially harming her further, the witch strung together a few spells that dug a reasonably sized hole in the sand, water filling it. Sky’s tail still draped over the edge, but at least her gills were submerged..

“I haven’t seen you work this diligently for some years…” A voice sounded from the waterline, Colleen looking up, her eyes widening. It was a face she never thought she would see again… her sister, Veta. “You’re alive?” She breathed, yet not leaving Sky’s side. Veta flicked her tail out of the water slightly, water flicking on to the sand. “Apparently so. Drowning rarely results in death, even that long ago.” With a frown she would glance towards Sky, the witch’s sister giving a small, nonchalant laugh. “She’s with you? I thought her magical signature was similar, but I would’ve thought you would teach your daughter of all people how to handle themselves better.” Colleen rolled her eyes. “She isn’t my daughter. An… unfortunate circumstance caused her to gain a similar magical-” “These years have done a number on you, haven’t then.” Veta mused. “Are you really this blind?” “No…” She muttered. “I have taken it into consideration.” The other siren sighed. “And it scares you. The idea of it.”

Colleen wasn’t going to linger on this any longer. “Why are you here?” The merwoman shrugged. “I live around this area, although the nearby kingdoms aren’t all that friendly to someone with my talents but I make do. Even when someone unwelcome invades my home.” The land bound witch frowned. “You attacked her?” Veta shrugged. “What else was I supposed to do? It isn’t the first time I’ve found an ambush in waiting. At least this one came with a prize…” She would hold up Sky’s pendent, it glinting in the sunlight. “If my analysis is correct, then this should give me a set of legs, hm?” Colleen was growing even more furious. “You can easily give yourself a pair, why would you need to take what isn’t yours to have?” Veta would don the piece of jewelry. “I’m sure you’re more than familiar with the limitations of magic.” “You know I had to try.” She growled, facing away and now ignoring her sister.

Veta would leave, but instead watch Colleen heal Sky’s wounds and cast a few more spells of a much different nature. “Divination magic? Oh so you’re more curious than I thought… what is it saying, hm?” Colleen wouldn’t respond but instead sit back on the sand, lowering her head into her hands. “That this is technically impossible.” Veta was about to comment on it when she stopped, turning towards the water. “Another siren…” She grumbled. “Give me a moment…”

With that, Veta would dive underwater, heading in Nadia’s direction.

Repeating statements to this effect over and over in her mind, she frantically searched for Sky for what very much felt like days, though in reality the search would end with an unexpected find within a few short hours. At the moment, however, Nadia felt as though time was slowing down to a crawl, the moment feeling surreal, as she thought with utter horror that this time, she actually may lose Sky forever, after so many close calls in a very, very short time.

One thing that certainly didn’t aid her in her search was just how queezy she felt this morning. She was afraid that it had something to do with something she;d been hiding from Sky for a little while now. After they celebrated Nadia not being pregnant like the frisky lovers they were, she took another pregnancy test the next day only to realize that they’d pushed their luck too far with that honestly counterproductive celebration. She lost herself in a panic after a bit, still looking in every rock crevice, bed of coral, and other such nook and cranny for any sign of her whatsoever.

Just when she was certain that she would not be able to find not only Sky, but absolutely nothing besides the occasional small school of fish here, she began to be aware of signs to the contrary. Someone had found her before she had found anyone herself.

she began to hear the by-now-familiar swooshing sound of something rather large moving in the water. It sounded immediately like the tone a Siren’s tail made, that realization causing Nadia to freeze in place whilst she was examining another small rocky alcove along the downward-sloping sea floor, rather close to the surface here due to shore being nearby.
“W-who…. Who are you?” The woman gasped, before she even turned around to face the being. Eventually, a few agonizingly nerve-wracking moments later, she was indeed able to turn about slowly, another Siren right before her eyes. She then immediately gasped, swam back a tad, and took a stance, poising herself to fight her surprise visitor if need be. Her tail uncoiled beneath her and she found herself instinctively raising it and behind forward, ready to strike and constrict this unfamiliar Siren if the action seemed needed. Better safe than sorry, in any case. The only people Nadia implicitly trusted were Sky and Uncle Ivan, and that likely was’t going to change anytime soon. She even suspected that Colleen might’ve had something to do with all this, but all she knew was, she wasn’t about to trust this new fish-woman, whatever she said or did.

Meanwhile, far, far deeper below the surface and miles farther offshore, someone was preparing to head to the surface to… take care of some business, as it were. Within a prestigiously-decorated abode, adorned meticulously with purples and blues, a regal-looking young Siren woman, looking not much older than 18, if any, carefully brushed her dark, straight hair that came down to the middle of her tail. She also sported stunning blue eyes, her face resembling an older Nadia.

A tiny Siren girl, likely not much older than three or four years old, suddenly entered the room. “Aer we really going to the surface, mommy?” The little tyke asked. Her mother sighed, in a way that would be a telltale sign to an older being of just how many times she had been asked that question in quite the short time. “Yes dear, we really are... we’ll be looking for Mother… and… maybe someone else, if we have time.” “Who Else, Mommy?” “Honey, your grandma told me just a few days ago that I have a half-sister up there.” “A half-sister that lives on the surface?” “Yes… she never told me this but, Mother was Human before, and became one of us the… other way.” (‘The other way’ had always been Vienna’s code for humans being born of Sirens, shooting down her little girl Myrna’s requests for an explanation with “when you’re older, sweetie. It’s too much for you right now,” or something similar to that. Having to tell a little girl that humans have to die to become a Siren was, frankly, not something on her bucket list, to put it very lightly.

“Is your half-sister a human too, then?” “Yes, yes she is,” Myrna said, having heard nothing of the happenings on the island within the little paradise her wife had invited her to. Speaking of who, a tall, blonde-haired, green-tailed siren suddenly burst into the room. ‘We have to leave now if we have any chance of being able to free your mother… I’m doing this for you, y’know.’ “I know… I’m done, anyway.” Turning back towards her young daughter and taking her hand, she began to swim out of the Royal Siren’s abode and into the open ocean, heading towards the mainland. The journey would be long.
StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Users who are viewing this thread

Back