• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy An Unfortunate Turn of Events (Dark Fantasy, LGBTQ friendly)

Bunesh

Filled with DETERMINATION
synopsis: A spoiled brat of a princess creates a problem that results in her being sent into the army to aid in the fight against the undead. Her family is lied to and told she died when in reality she's become a vampire, and her usefulness to the army is too great to risk her being taken away. Five years later, her elder sibling is sent to help command the siege of a great enemy stronghold where they learn their sister is actually still alive.

Characters: I would play Rui Aldressa, the princess-turned-vampire, you are intended to play her elder sibling, but are not required to.

General storyline: Awkward family drama is going to be a big part of the story as the siblings try to come to terms with all the changes and their personal histories, and the parents try to come to terms with the fact that they indirectly caused their child to become a vampire.

If you're interested: Please DM me and we can discuss details.

Writing sample:

It's extraordinary how isolation from the world can shape one's priorities, take, for example, me: Rui Aldressa, the former princess of the Kingdom of Fairbront. You see, a wizard delved into dark magic, becoming a Lich and crowning himself the Bone King, and sent forth his army of the dead, the abominable, and the mutilated to bring the world under his control. Unsurprisingly, most took exception with this and so war was joined, but all nations quickly discovered a terrible truth: one cannot fight the dead the way one fights the living. The dead have no morale, no sense of purpose, no supply lines, no politics, and no fear, requiring no food, nor water, nor rest, have no families and no greater purpose beyond that which is assigned to them. They feel no pain, they ignore heat and cold alike, cannot be drowned, poisoned, starved, nor intimidated, cannot be bribed, threatened, persuaded or cowed. The only thing they do is pursue the demands of their master with a singlemindedness that no living being - no matter how dedicated - can hope to replicate and if all that wasn't enough, they are terrifyingly difficult to kill and can raise the corpses of their enemies to reinforce their own lines: a true nightmare even under the most ideal of circumstances.

To reinforce morale, my father and his longtime friend, King Albrecht of the neighbouring kingdom announced the engagement of their heirs - and to be clear, I am not one of the heirs, that role falls to my elder sibling. I could only glare with simmering envy at my sibling's betrothed: charismatic and kind to a fault, they had every eye as they entered the room, their name on every tongue. Meanwhile I - the lesser 'spare' to the heir - was ignored in my own home, and something inside of me snapped.

I poisoned my sibling's betrothed, to hell with alliances and to hell with politics: I wanted some acknowledgement, and for the briefest of moments I got it, until the consequences of my shortsightedness caught me. I should have been executed for assassination and treason but in a twist of luck, the betrothed clung to life albeit barely, and their recovery would be a long one indeed, a long and difficult one.

So my father made a choice: I would suffer as long as my sibling's betrothed would, and so stripped of my titles, I was sent to the war to serve as a nurse, where I would stay until the betrothed fully recovered. But fate is a queer thing and during a surprise attack, I was flung into combat myself where I made an adequate show of myself, considering the only training I had was from watching the training of others. However, fate had more in store than just a little skirmish, and I was viciously wounded by a cursed blade, one that left me at death's door.

Yet I survived and made a suspiciously speedy recovery, but it wasn't one without consequence, as I now craved the blood of others, existing on a line between alive and dead. Instead of being killed for being an abomination, the commanders realized my usefulness as I could no longer fall prey to the miasma and poisons utilized by the enemy, and could kill the undead with ease, thus I was transferred from my position as a nurse to a shock troop, becoming a full-fledged soldier.

Now, five years later, I am ordered to report to the new commander of the army... only to discover that it's my... sibling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back