• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic An Unexpected Odyssey

FayeHarper

Magic Eight Ball
Roleplay Type(s)

AN UNEXPECTED ODYSSEY

Hi, I'm looking for RP partners to join me and my character in an original science-fiction story set in space, and ideally those who like the darker and grittier depiction of space.

I want to give you freedom of choice when it comes to story direction, as my only request is to direct how it starts, and establish a baseline.
My character is a pilot, running a self-employed taxi and courier service from aboard her small ship that she also calls home. She needs fares to pay the bills, refuel the ship, and save up for a future.. if the galaxy will let her.

That's where I hope your character will come in; As a passenger and customer to her business.
I feel stories are made out of journeys, and anything can happen on a journey. The amount of possibilities is endless. From a simple slice-of-life story, running a person from A to B, to a catastrophy in transit. Anything can happen between departure and arrival, and can make for either some great short stories, or open the door to explore a much longer narrative.

The choice of which I want to leave up to you.

The initial setting would be within the home system of Sol. Mankind's population has exceeded Earth's available capacity, and humanity has spread to many neighbouring stars over the last hundred years, continuing in its quest for colonization and discovery. Working in space has become commonplace, and planetary residence on Earth was now reserved for only the rich and powerful. The middleclass and the poor found their lives working aboard space stations or large ships, making a wage in the labour and public service sectors. Those fortunate enough, found military or scientific careers out in the black, careers that could see them live out a nice retirement on a terraformed planet.

Your character finds themselves on the Hawkins Orbital; an Orbis-class space station orbiting Saturn's biggest moon; Titan. For whatever reason, they need to leave. From the station's many public-access terminals, or from possibly their own personal device; your character finds the available transports listed as ready and waiting. One private-hire option catches their interest more than others, and for whatever reason, they choose to book the service for departure.

BOUNDLESS TRANSIT
Interstellar Courier
Light Cargo & Personal Transport
Private hire

Pilot name: Faye Harper
Ship name: White Rabbit
Ship manufacturer: P3 Technologies
Model type: D-77 Hummingbird
Color: Arctic Camo

Cabin class: Business
Cabin capacity: 2
Cargo capacity: 4 Tons

Available and waiting

Inspiration for this comes from films like the Alien franchise (Alien, Aliens, Alien³, Alien resurrection), Outland, Event Horizon and many others, along with games such as Elite Dangerous. Settings that give a forboding vibe to space. An atmostphere of the unknown and the fear that goes with it, but also of a universe that feels lived in and familiar at the same time.
To help achieve that, I would like to insist that the only species present, be human beings (unless the story unfolds into discovering another species).

I'm open to action adventure, slice-of-life, thriller, romance, drama, all sorts of plots and sub-genres! I've been writing this character for many years in different settings and I hope to offer you a good experience in return. Normally I reply a few times a week to posts, and generally in more than a few paragraphs. I love to be descriptive, not in just how characters interact with eachother and their surroundings, but I also in terms of the environment. I'm passionate about my writing and enjoy sharing the world with someone; improvising with them and creating a stage together in which to act upon. I hope to find someone of the same mind.

So if you would like to write a story with me, and see where a simple fare might take us, please DM me.
I look forward to seeing what we come up with!

---

AR_Winona_Ryder1-remini-enhanced.jpg

White Rabbit.png

ed-hanley-orbis-highres-05.jpg

stevemessing.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back