• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy An Unexpected Element ((closed))

Characters
Here

FangAndOzy

Twenty Thousand Club
Adelaide hesitantly walked up to the door of the property she had been given directions to. She didn't know anything about the man she was supposed to train with. All her family had told her was that she had to go and that she had to train. She wanted to learn so that wasn't a problem. But she was terrified about what kind of person her teacher would be. She had been surprised when she came of age and found she was an Air element. Not Earth like the rest of her family and like she had expected to be. She had been disappointed at first but now she was just curious and eager to learn.
Biting her lower lip she raised her hand to knock.

Alistair sighed, going over the conversation he had with his mother just the day before. When he felt a shift in the air outside. She was here. Before she could knock the door opened and his voice said, "Come in." Slightly annoyed through the air. He made his way towards the door, just in time to close it behind her. He sighed, "Your room is third door on the right, up the stairs. Dinner is at 6 and breakfast is at 7. I trust you can keep your own time?" He half asked and half insulted.

Adelaide was a little slow to answer at first. Surprised and caught off guard a little. But then she quickly nodded. "Y-yes...yes I do." She assured him. Her nervousness was only growing. "A-and training?" She asked quietly.

Alistair sighed, "Tomorrow." he said as he turned to leave her, "I have work to do, be on time for dinner." he stated before he left her.

Adelaide opened her mouth to speak but then stopped as she watched him walk away. She bit her lip and looked around before following his directions to the room she'd be staying in. She would have just enough time to unpack before dinner. Not that she had much but it would pass the time.

Alistair was reading a paper when dinner was being served, minutes before the time. The table was long but there was only his chair a place was set for her, but no chair.

Adelaide got down right at the time Alistakr had set. She looked to him uncertainly and then moved towards where the second place was set. "I-is this my spot?" She asked him hesitantly. There was no chair and she saw no other chairs.

Alistair raised an eyebrow, looking up from his paper, he pointed up. On the curling was a chair, "You wanted training, there is your first task. You want to seat, your chair is there. What will you do?"

Adelaide looked up uncertainly and then back to him. "I...I would use my element to try to get it down or get me up to it to get it down but...but I don't know how..." she started, a little uncertain.

Alistair went back to the paper, "You have a power, use it. Think about what made it up there and how to change it."

Adelaide opened her mouth and then stopped as she looked to her hands and then up to the chair. She muttered to herself but she didn't want to disappoint. However she didn't even know where to start. She had tried playing with her element a couple times but to little or no success.
After what seemed like forever of trying she huffed a little and looked to Alistair. "I don't...can you give me a hint?" She asked.

Alistair sighed, as he placed the paper down, "I might as well do it for you. How easy do you think Air is? Even a nature has problems. Question is, are you going to quit or just ask for help ever time you get frustrated?"

"N-no! I just..." she fought the urge to lower her head. She stood a little straighter. "I need guidance is all. I know nature doesn't get that but...but I'm not nature." She said quietly. Watching him because she was both afraid and terribly curious about her tutor.

Alistair looked at her, as he stood up, "No, you aren't." he said before she started to be lifted from the ground, "So, I give you one choice, you need to bring the chair down. Or you need to bring yourself down. Either way, you won't really get to eat until you can reach the table again. I suggest you find it in you to summon enough Air to do one of these tasks."

She wasn't afraid but she was startled as she rose up into the air. There was a brief moment of panic as she looked to her teacher and then around her as if searching for some answer. Of course she would find none. She then turned her thoughts to her issue. She needed to ground herself. No. That was thinking like her family. Air wasn't like Earth and maybe that was her issue. It was hard to change right away from what she had always been taught. Instead of thinking like that she thought maybe a more go with the flow mentality might be easier. It was, atvleast compared to before. Though it still took her a good long while to get herself and the chair to the ground.

Alistair looked at her, lifting her up a little more, the more time she took the higher she went, "How hard is Air?"

Adelaide looked to him frustration. "Very hard when you've been raised to be the complete opposite." She muttered in frustration. She abandoned the chair. He didn't say at this point that both she and the chair had to come down. She focused her energy on herself instead and getting down from his hold.

Alistair sighed before he let her fall, "Exactly. Being raised has nothing to do with it. Learning Air has to do with focus and peace, a calm in your soul that Earth families lack. Something you need to figure out." he said as he got up and started to the door, "I lost my appetite." he said as he did the chair fall to the ground, shattering.

She let out a grunt as she hit the floor and then curled up quickly as the chair fell and shattered around her. She sighed as she wat he'd him leave and then looked to the dining table. She wasn't all that hungry either but if breakfast was anything like dinner she figured she may as well eat something. She grabbed some of the food and then moved to go to her room. She needed to practice. Any little thing would help.

Alistair stayed up most of the night, trying to get some things straight before he decided to go to the library to look at a few things.

Adelaide stayed up late practicing. There wasn't much progress but there was more than there had been when she first arrived. After she went to bed, waking up early and making it down to breakfast before the time Alistair had told her to be there. She wanted to make a better impression.

Alistair woke up a little late, but he got to breakfast on time, reading a book as he walked, "Well, at least you are punctual." he stated not looking at her and he sat down on his spot.

Alistair glanced at her before he sighed, "We are going to start small, I guess."

Adelaide but her lip, knowing he wasn't pleased with her but nodded eagerly all the same. She wanted to learn. She knew mentality was a big piece and she had grown up with an Earth mentality. She needed to quickly learn otherwise is she hoped to ever impress her new master.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back