Experiences An experienced minor who can never find rp!! Does anyone else have to go through this?

isn't that counterintuitive? Like, they'd be less likely to attempt to groom you if they didn't know you were a minor. Telling them you are a minor probably does more to open you up to that element than to hide you from it.

As far as the 18+ tag. I mean, a lot of RPs just simply state that in their req to begin with. Pretty early on, too. Especially in 1x1s more so than groups. But I guess it would make it easier for you to simply see the tag from the get-go. However, it still wouldn't change your rate of inclusion. It would just make it more stated. Whether there exists a tag or not, the same standards are in place by the community at large.

Have you tried group RPs? They are generally more inclusive to a variety of age ranges since the discourse is much less personal than a 1x1.
You make a very strong point there.

Yes, I have done group roleplays. Either they fizzle out, or I am kicked out. I understand the pain of that, referencing to one of the replies above. I might try at it again, but for me to do that I'd definitely have to put in a lot more effort, lmao.

You make a very strong point there.

Yes, I have done group roleplays. Either they fizzle out, or I am kicked out. I understand the pain of that, referencing to one of the replies above. I might try at it again, but for me to do that I'd definitely have to put in a lot more effort, lmao.
depending on what kind of rp you enjoy, I’m usually available and I can tell a decent story 😅
other than that, I know maybe one or two other creators with similar views to me and I don’t think they GM

So I'm just adding one more point to this thread. I think when it comes to being creative and especially in a group; boundaries are important. No one should feel entitled enough to bend their own morals values and personal beliefs when it comes to being creative. Rejection is just part of growth. There are going to be people out there who do not want to role-play with you based on your age. You can't fault people for that. Although, once you start challenging people's boundaries as being "wrong" and you are "definitely right". You lose my respect as a creator in general. I see some words being thrown around like "discriminate" or "robbing opportunity." Are you kidding me? Please?!.... ftp

So I'm just adding one more point to this thread. I think when it comes to being creative and especially in a group; boundaries are important. No one should feel entitled enough to bend their own morals values and personal beliefs when it comes to being creative. Rejection is just part of growth. There are going to be people out there who do not want to role-play with you based on your age. You can't fault people for that. Although, once you start challenging people's boundaries as being "wrong" and you are "definitely right". You lose my respect as a creator in general. I see some words being thrown around like "discriminate" or "robbing opportunity." Are you kidding me? Please?!.... ftp

There is at least one other thread where there have been complaints from minors about struggling to find roleplays, and I admit I was feeling frustrated over it. There is validity in wanting boundaries and I don't see it as wrong, but I was bull-headed and overstepped. Sorry for offending!

There is at least one other thread where there have been complaints from minors about struggling to find roleplays, and I admit I was feeling frustrated over it. There is validity in wanting boundaries and I don't see it as wrong, but I was bull-headed and overstepped. Sorry for offending!
You don't offend me at all. You just lost a bit of creative respect. I mean I'd be like oooo... I dunno if I wanna rp with that.. But not in a mean way you get what I mean because you quoted me back
I just get miffed that people are throwing around such strong language for something rather minor and simple.
You're just sort of losing a bit of my respect but I mean basing it on what a post on the internet isn't much to go on.
What I'm projecting is a sense of. Really? This is what you choose to get all hot bothered and frustrated about? There are so many solutions and options out there. It doesn't offend me it makes me feel frustrated. I mean, rejection is part of the process of being creative, especially in writing, I'm just maybe a bit more experienced in the rejection department and so I'm pretty non-chalant or it runs off my back like a duck and water. I just sort of don't make a big deal about it. There are so many other stresses out there like really digging at me.

However, I can empathize with the frustration. As yee older groups have the same issue. No one wants to role-play with an old woman. I get that. I'm cool with that. Does it get annoying , yes. Does it get upsetting? Hell Ya. Am I going to compare it to like my rights being taken away or people purposely out to discourage me based on my age. I dunno that seems really out there lol I mean I'm one small person.

You don't offent me I just was hoping you would get a bit of perspective. Maybe something else was digging at you that day? Sometimes other feelings get bottled in the mess

You don't offend me at all. You just lost a bit of creative respect. I mean I'd be like oooo... I dunno if I wanna rp with that.. But not in a mean way you get what I mean because you quoted me back
I just get miffed that people are throwing around such strong language for something rather minor and simple.
You're just sort of losing a bit of my respect but I mean basing it on what a post on the internet isn't much to go on.
What I'm projecting is a sense of. Really? This is what you choose to get all hot bothered and frustrated about? There are so many solutions and options out there. It doesn't offend me it makes me feel frustrated. I mean, rejection is part of the process of being creative, especially in writing, I'm just maybe a bit more experienced in the rejection department and so I'm pretty non-chalant or it runs off my back like a duck and water. I just sort of don't make a big deal about it. There are so many other stresses out there like really digging at me.

However, I can empathize with the frustration. As yee older groups have the same issue. No one wants to role-play with an old woman. I get that. I'm cool with that. Does it get annoying , yes. Does it get upsetting? Hell Ya. Am I going to compare it to like my rights being taken away or people purposely out to discourage me based on my age. I dunno that seems really out there lol I mean I'm one small person.

You don't offent me I just was hoping you would get a bit of perspective. Maybe something else was digging at you that day? Sometimes other feelings get bottled in the mess

I understand. You're welcome to have any opinion you want of me, but I figured I should at least apologize for the faux pas. My intent wasn't to be as dramatic as to compare it to an equal rights crusade - I and no one else ever said the word "discriminate", to be clear. My thought was more about the fact that minors today don't have the gardens of Eden that we did when it comes to forum-based roleplay. It was easy for us because we were the primary demographic for at least a few sites, and I do think it's an issue that RPN would be smart to address if minors really are struggling to find roleplays, whether that's creating new tags or a board - it benefits the site's success as much as it does its community. I do like Jannah's idea at the least and hope it gets implemented. I didn't realize custom tags were a thing, either, but I imagine that only goes so far if everyone's wording the same idea differently, and that's assuming people think to tag age restrictions.

As someone who has also made adult-only groups in the past, my rhetoric was just as much geared towards me as others. 😛 I have an adults-only site that I prefer because of the community and personalities there (I admit I see a lot of negative and judgy posts around here, and it does get to me sometimes), but I sometimes like to use this site to meet other people and test out ideas that I feel less confident running on the other site, or ideas that didn't get traction there. I didn't consider that the younger demographic is challenged in finding roleplays before, though. I like philosophies and discourse. Disagreements and considering different viewpoints is part of that, in my opinion. It isn't necessarily about being right or wrong, but exposing different mindsets and getting a clearer picture of them. My phrasings tend to be strong by default. I was a bit frustrated and it affected a thought I was trying to express in one post, and I did cross a line trying to express that thought, but I didn't realize I was coming off as more emotional than what I felt.

I was more or less discussing this same topic with a friend. It sounded like the site she used to be on might have had more willingness in its userbase to mix the age groups (and of course, it's one of the sites that seems barely active anymore). Part of the thing I was wrestling with was the idea of why the attitude is possibly different on this site, or what changed in like 5 years. At this point, the only thing I've come up with is that there was a mature section, where people who preferred to write with only adults could probably be removed from the minor-friendly section.

Anywho, I'm done rambling. Happy roleplaying!

I can second the sentiment that us older RPers tend to have issues with finding others with similar interests. I feel like the golden age for people who RP is in the twenties range. once you get up past thirty, you start losing common ground with the majority of the community. And when you're looking down the barrel of your forties, it only gets more difficult.

But hey, on the upside to all you minors out there, at least you have your golden age to look forward to. At some point very soon, you will be part of the big majority, and these issues will (hopefully) be in your past. lmao

I can second the sentiment that us older RPers tend to have issues with finding others with similar interests. I feel like the golden age for people who RP is in the twenties range. once you get up past thirty, you start losing common ground with the majority of the community. And when you're looking down the barrel of your forties, it only gets more difficult.

But hey, on the upside to all you minors out there, at least you have your golden age to look forward to. At some point very soon, you will be part of the big majority, and these issues will (hopefully) be in your past. lmao
RIght! No time machine to go back..... Yet! But how will you combat the process of de-aging oneself?

RIght! No time machine to go back..... Yet! But how will you combat the process of de-aging oneself?
guess that depends on how the time machine works. what if it just swaps your consciousness back to your younger self like in Butterfly Effect?

if you're a good RPer, you could have LARPed as an adult

but now you made a public thread announcing ur a minor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back