• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy An Evil Education at the Tudor Lestrange Institute - Roleplayer's Lair (Expired)

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I was just thinking maybe Knott could be like "Hmm... This is the person who always cringes at the sound of Fenris Preaching."

But the idea that Knott is the teen that Lowell spared is pretty interesting. I might just modify Knott's backstory if I can think of a way to make it work. Perhaps Knott's got a relative that's associated with the cult Lowell was in, and that relative tried to rope Knott in? If I can get more info on the cult's operations, I might be able to come up with something more concrete.
Ok, I might have gone a little overboard on the 'passing knowledge' one, haha. Ha.

I actually love what we have going on here! If you need any specific info about the cult, feel free to ask me! I'm still doing worldbuilding on it and some questions can certainly help! Having them have passing knowledge in the way that you mentioned also works! Whenever Fenris preaches both of them could non-verbally agree that it's "Hella Cringe."

There could be this moment later in-character where they realize 'Hey, this is that person! From the death cult!' And they have like... Group crying moment but its not a group it's just the two of them,,,.,..

I stink at asking questions, but I guess a general statement of the cult's main doctrine and most common procedures that weren't mentioned yet would be good to have.

Perhaps if I state some elements of Knott's usual backstory, you could tell me what would have to change to make the "Knott was spared" idea work? And then we decide what becomes canon.
  • Knott's from Cottontail River, an Ohioan town not far from TLI's campus.
  • Knott aspired to be an actor up until he stopped appearing in mirrors and cameras.
  • Knott's an only child.
  • Knott didn't realize their gender until they were 13, and didn't ever come out to their relatives. They're only known as Knott at TLI. Their old name was Lawrence, and they don't resent it as bitterly as they used to. They never changed their surname. They chose the name "Knott" for themself because it was short, easy to remember, and cool sounding. They didn't realize it sounded like a pun until it was too late.

I stink at asking questions, but I guess a general statement of the cult's main doctrine and most common procedures that weren't mentioned yet would be good to have.

Perhaps if I state some elements of Knott's usual backstory, you could tell me what would have to change to make the "Knott was spared" idea work? And then we decide what becomes canon.
  • Knott's from Cottontail River, an Ohioan town not far from TLI's campus.
  • Knott aspired to be an actor up until he stopped appearing in mirrors and cameras.
  • Knott's an only child.
  • Knott didn't realize their gender until they were 13, and didn't ever come out to their relatives. They're only known as Knott at TLI. Their old name was Lawrence, and they don't resent it as bitterly as they used to. They never changed their surname. They chose the name "Knott" for themself because it was short, easy to remember, and cool sounding. They didn't realize it sounded like a pun until it was too late.
Hmmm, everything seems fine, really. I guess that the 'Only child' thing could be changed. I mean, in the way that older siblings were in the cult, Knott could've felt like he had to be there too. But if that feels a bit farfetched or not necessary do tell me! Also, would Lowell know Knott's deadname?

I can imagine when Knott and Lowell have a pretty close friendship, you know, close enough to vent to each other, Lowell would say something along the likes of "You remind me of this dude..." And he kinda like snaps his fingers "Lawrence? Yeah, haha. You two look like, identical."

I think they should be roommates. If you want, they could have a passing knowledge of each other, but it's just optional.

On the topic of roommates.... floripher floripher @Lord_Boreas @Ayama @Rosacea @Blobs Perhaps we should all discuss who our characters should room with. It's ok to talk about your character plans before filling out the form, by the way.
i am just gonna preface this by saying if your PC is a human then they Should Not room with Finnegan because they might end up in the freezer

i am just gonna preface this by saying if your PC is a human then they Should Not room with Finnegan because they might end up in the freezer
Pffft-

[INSERT STUDENT HERE]- Hey Finnegan, have you seen [HUMAN PC]?

Finnegan, hiding the human arm deeper into the freezer- NooOOOOoooo... Not at all...

Hmmm, everything seems fine, really. I guess that the 'Only child' thing could be changed. I mean, in the way that older siblings were in the cult, Knott could've felt like he had to be there too. But if that feels a bit farfetched or not necessary do tell me! Also, would Lowell know Knott's deadname?

I can imagine when Knott and Lowell have a pretty close friendship, you know, close enough to vent to each other, Lowell would say something along the likes of "You remind me of this dude..." And he kinda like snaps his fingers "Lawrence? Yeah, haha. You two look like, identical."
An older sibling in the cult sounds like the perfect way for Knott to be involved! Maybe Knott had to stay with them due to a family emergency and their parents not being completely in the know?

Looks like out of my students, Vex, Finbar and Stephanie are the only that could room with him. I can actually picture Steph sleeping in a nonhuman form to try and be safer, provided she doesn't get de-roomed.
Of course, the larger dorms can house up to four, so that can also be considered.

An older sibling in the cult sounds like the perfect way for Knott to be involved! Maybe Knott had to stay with them due to a family emergency and their parents not being completely in the know?
Ooooh, I love the sound of that!

Quick thing- Would Knott still have some scars/bite marks from the time Lowell helped them escape? I'm supposing yes, but if you find any alternative that's better let me know! I'd love to hear what you have in mind.

Looks like out of my students, Vex, Finbar and Stephanie are the only that could room with him. I can actually picture Steph sleeping in a nonhuman form to try and be safer, provided she doesn't get de-roomed.
Of course, the larger dorms can house up to four, so that can also be considered.
going off of finbar's motivation i think him and finnegan might be a good match :]

assuming he's passive enough not to upset finnegan and smart enough not to get in his way i think they'd get along well enough!

Ooooh, I love the sound of that!

Quick thing- Would Knott still have some scars/bite marks from the time Lowell helped them escape? I'm supposing yes, but if you find any alternative that's better let me know! I'd love to hear what you have in mind.
I'm mulling it over. On one hand, I was thinking that the process of becoming a vampire left him with only the bite mark from the vampire who turned him, on the other hand Knott could very well have the scars, since it would have been before he became a vampire. It's one thing I haven't actually decided about Knott yet.
Now I'm also wondering if the older sibling would also have been punished for bringing the "rat" to the cult.

going off of finbar's motivation i think him and finnegan might be a good match :]

assuming he's passive enough not to upset finnegan and smart enough not to get in his way i think they'd get along well enough!
Lol, poor Finbar! Let's make them roommates then.

Room Assignments
Knott - Lowell
Finnegan - Finbar

De-roomed Expendables

TBA

Unroomed Students

Francis
Vex
Stephanie
Sharon & Thorntalon
Fenris
Jolene
Rathbone & Boomer
Crispy
Malice
Hezekiah

I'm mulling it over. On one hand, I was thinking that the process of becoming a vampire left him with only the bite mark from the vampire who turned him, on the other hand Knott could very well have the scars, since it would have been before he became a vampire. It's one thing I haven't actually decided about Knott yet.
Now I'm also wondering if the older sibling would also have been punished for bringing the "rat" to the cult.
Take your time deciding about the scar! It's all good, but I feel like it could open the space for an interesting interaction, Lowell could notice and possibly, in a way, 'recognize' the scars.

I feel like their sibling would've been punished as well, mainly for letting Knott 'rat' on the cult. Maybe not necessarily death, but punishment nonetheless.

If you have any other questions about the cult ask me! I'll get to you as fast as I can.

Take your time deciding about the scar! It's all good, but I feel like it could open the space for an interesting interaction, Lowell could notice and possibly, in a way, 'recognize' the scars.

I feel like their sibling would've been punished as well, mainly for letting Knott 'rat' on the cult. Maybe not necessarily death, but punishment nonetheless.

If you have any other questions about the cult ask me! I'll get to you as fast as I can.
I'm thinking he will retain the scar after all. It'll be a good way to remove doubt about Knott having been the "rat."

I'm thinking he will retain the scar after all. It'll be a good way to remove doubt about Knott having been the "rat."
Gotcha! Can't wait for the IC.

Also, would they have tiny little clues of eachother at first or would it take more time to gradually realize they knew eachother?

Gotcha! Can't wait for the IC.

Also, would they have tiny little clues of eachother at first or would it take more time to gradually realize they knew eachother?
I say they take more time to gradually realize it. It'll be interesting to play out.

I think they'd get on pretty well!! Aside from the fact the Finnegan can most definitely sense the painful (for a lack of a better word) aura they carry around,, he definitely won't be trying to eat them anytime soon so they should be safe enough around him :>

I think they'd get on pretty well!! Aside from the fact the Finnegan can most definitely sense the painful (for a lack of a better word) aura they carry around,, he definitely won't be trying to eat them anytime soon so they should be safe enough around him :>
Gotcha! I think they'll get along well too. I can picture them chatting in some of the 'Consumer' classes. What type of plots are you humbly requesting? I mean, we have the good 'ole friends option, but if there's something else you have in mind let me know!

Gotcha! I think they'll get along well too. I can picture them chatting in some of the 'Consumer' classes. What type of plots are you humbly requesting? I mean, we have the good 'ole friends option, but if there's something else you have in mind let me know!
I didn't really have anything in mind for Lowell specifically (I just really like plotting hehehe.) In general I did want him to have a couple Consumer & Mad Scientist friends as well as potentially a partner, ideally another Consumer,, I'm not biased to one or the other so if you have a preference at all or any other ideas I'm good going with what you'd want to do! :]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back