• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy An Evil Education at the Tudor Lestrange Institute - Roleplayer's Lair (Expired)

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
*Increasingly malevolent and despicable laughter*

By the way, another small question; is there any specific requirement for people to get kidnapped? Just want to make sure so I know what direction to take the last part of the backstory.
Just that they're high school age. Some of them are Evil, some aren't. But all of them are between the ages of 14 and 18 when they arrive.

I'll give you a heads up: Vex is an asshole, and he has access to drugs that cause people to be temporarily unable to use magic. He might respect that Finn rebelled against the divine. Vex hates gods, whether or not the G is capitalized. He'd also be frustrated that he can't try anything Finn cooks. Vex would be a consumer if it weren't for the curse he's under.
with that new information: finn will probably like vex So much. he loves mean people.

the only magic finn can still do consists of mild glamours to conceal his wings and halo (which he barely uses anymore) and the ability to create ambrosia (which he only uses when cooking.)

with that new information: finn will probably like vex So much. he loves mean people.

the only magic finn can still do consists of mild glamours to conceal his wings and halo (which he barely uses anymore) and the ability to create ambrosia (which he only uses when cooking.)
So, do you want them to be roommates, or would you prefer they meet in a different way? Either is fine by me.

Cat Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

INTENSE TYPING

Get your hopes up for around 7 pm! There are so many plotlines I would LOVE to add to his backstory but I fear that if I add them he won't come today and it'll be way too much to read.

I'm now considering making a younger sibling for Vex, but they're probably not going to show up much since they're gonna be like, 12, maybe? But I'm thinking Vex needs more backstory.

Ok, Vex's younger sibling is going to become a more regularly appearing character than I first thought, and is actually going to be an official student that her and Vex's father pulled strings to get her enrolled early.. I'm going to have a form up for her in a bit.

BIG OLE UPDATE: Hey don't you guys just LOVE delays I know I do haha... hahhahaa. *slowly shoves in 50th plotline* don't mind me.,.,.,,.

Rushing the last part of the backstory! Posting before 9 so get your timers ready!

PLACEHOLER EDIIITEEED LETS GOOOO LOWELL IS FINISHEEEED WOOO 13 PAGES OF BACKSTOREEEEEEEH

i do not like how the last part turned out but welp too late, cant wait to make him suffer more in the in-character thread woop woop!

Tysm! You have no idea how much doubt I felt after posting him. I've actually never written such a big backstory before!

Currently semi-designing how his werewolf form would look in my drawing program. Will post when finished!

Ok, it kinda sucks because I didn't do any practice beforehand, but here's the baby dude.
1669004380026.png

So, I take it Lowell isn't new to TLI. In which case, I think some plotting is in order. Feel free to ask questions, and to speculate Lowell's relationship with other students.
Some info on Fenris and Knott that may be pertinent.
-Fenris, a New Orleans native, is faithful to a religion called Lycanthropism, the doctrine of which is that werewolves are supreme beings, that it is a blessing from the Moon to be one, and that everything they kill or injure on a full moon is homage to Her. They are what is called a "perigee" the closest point that the moon is to Earth, because they are considered to be an expert on Lycanthopism's teachings.
-Fenris has trouble recruiting werewolves into their own pack, and before Knott became an expendable, the two fabricated a rivalry between themselves in order to drum up some attention for their causes. At the time, Knott was very much intent on raising an evil army, but just when they were about to be ranked, they realized the whole villain thing was not for them and had a mental breakdown, leading them (Knott) to be demoted to Expendable. Fenris hasn't forgiven them, and feels awkward about interacting with them, but will still help them if asked, and ask for their help should they need it.

So, I take it Lowell isn't new to TLI. In which case, I think some plotting is in order. Feel free to ask questions, and to speculate Lowell's relationship with other students.
Some info on Fenris and Knott that may be pertinent.
-Fenris, a New Orleans native, is faithful to a religion called Lycanthropism, the doctrine of which is that werewolves are supreme beings, that it is a blessing from the Moon to be one, and that everything they kill or injure on a full moon is homage to Her. They are what is called a "perigee" the closest point that the moon is to Earth, because they are considered to be an expert on Lycanthopism's teachings.
-Fenris has trouble recruiting werewolves into their own pack, and before Knott became an expendable, the two fabricated a rivalry between themselves in order to drum up some attention for their causes. At the time, Knott was very much intent on raising an evil army, but just when they were about to be ranked, they realized the whole villain thing was not for them and had a mental breakdown, leading them (Knott) to be demoted to Expendable. Fenris hasn't forgiven them, and feels awkward about interacting with them, but will still help them if asked, and ask for their help should they need it.
(Ok, not to be that kind of person, but what does TLI mean)

I feel like Fenris and Lowell would have a bit of a clash, with the whole religion thing. Honestly, Lowell's 'past family' would have probably been faithful to Lycanthropism too. There would still be some sort of 'understanding' or just surface-level helping each other with werewolf things.

And I'm actually sorta interested in Knott? I love his character, and I feel like Lowell and Knott could be friends. Maybe mostly through their mindset of 'maybe I'm not evil/I'm not really evil woopsie what am i doing here'. Lowell could help Knott whenever he gets targeted or sabotaged.

(Ok, not to be that kind of person, but what does TLI mean)
It's short for Tudor Lestrange Institute.

I feel like Fenris and Lowell would have a bit of a clash, with the whole religion thing. Honestly, Lowell's 'past family' would have probably been faithful to Lycanthropism too. There would still be some sort of 'understanding' or just surface-level helping each other with werewolf things.
I can see that. Fenris is the type to offer help just to butter people up.

And I'm actually sorta interested in Knott? I love his character, and I feel like Lowell and Knott could be friends. Maybe mostly through their mindset of 'maybe I'm not evil/I'm not really evil woopsie what am i doing here'. Lowell could help Knott whenever he gets targeted or sabotaged.
I like this idea! Knott definitely could use a more genuine friend than Fenris. And Knott could also relate to having troubles with religion. When Knott became a vampire, it was the idea that it was against their former religion that got him into Evil. They thought it was the only option for a vampire. To an extent, they still think that, just to a different extent.

It's short for Tudor Lestrange Institute.
Thank you 😭

I like this idea! Knott definitely could use a more genuine friend than Fenris. And Knott could also relate to having troubles with religion. When Knott became a vampire, it was the idea that it was against their former religion that got him into Evil. They thought it was the only option for a vampire. To an extent, they still think that, just to a different extent.
Oooh, maybe both of them can 'bond' by their way of thinking. You know, that once they truly found out their 'capabilities' they sorta agreed that being evil was the only way, but regretted it. Also, in what way would you like them to meet? They both have the 'consumer' classification so that could be a way for them to meet up. Roommates are always a great option!

Thank you 😭

Oooh, maybe both of them can 'bond' by their way of thinking. You know, that once they truly found out their 'capabilities' they sorta agreed that being evil was the only way, but regretted it. Also, in what way would you like them to meet? They both have the 'consumer' classification so that could be a way for them to meet up. Roommates are always a great option!
I think they should be roommates. If you want, they could have a passing knowledge of each other, but it's just optional.

On the topic of roommates.... floripher floripher Lord_Boreas Lord_Boreas Ayama Ayama Rosacea Rosacea Blobs Blobs Perhaps we should all discuss who our characters should room with. It's ok to talk about your character plans before filling out the form, by the way.

Room Assignments So Far
Knott - Lowell

Unroomed Students

Francis
Finbar
Vex
Stephanie
Sharon & Thorntalon
Fenris
Jolene
Rathbone & Boomer
Crispy
Malice
Finnegan
Hezekiah
Lowell

De-Roomed Expendables

TBA

I think they should be roommates. If you want, they could have a passing knowledge of each other, but it's just optional.
Roommates it is!

About the 'passing knowledge', what do you have in mind? I mean, how exactly would they know/recognize each other? Maybe he could have been a witness to one of Lowell's angry rampages as a werewolf, or one of the few people they let go instead of killing.

But... If you want to go full plot twist, Knott could very be that teen he was tasked to kill but ended up saving. Which would be a big 'DUN DUN DUUUUUNNNN' moment. But I feel like that would be a giant stretch. I'm around 70% sure we won't go for this one, but I'm leaving the option open; sounds fun to me.

Or, you know, if you have any other ideas that aren't super crazy let me know!

Roommates it is!

About the 'passing knowledge', what do you have in mind? I mean, how exactly would they know/recognize each other? Maybe he could have been a witness to one of Lowell's angry rampages as a werewolf, or one of the few people they let go instead of killing.

But... If you want to go full plot twist, Knott could very be that teen he was tasked to kill but ended up saving. Which would be a big 'DUN DUN DUUUUUNNNN' moment. But I feel like that would be a giant stretch. I'm around 70% sure we won't go for this one, but I'm leaving the option open; sounds fun to me.

Or, you know, if you have any other ideas that aren't super crazy let me know!
I was just thinking maybe Knott could be like "Hmm... This is the person who always cringes at the sound of Fenris Preaching."

But the idea that Knott is the teen that Lowell spared is pretty interesting. I might just modify Knott's backstory if I can think of a way to make it work. Perhaps Knott's got a relative that's associated with the cult Lowell was in, and that relative tried to rope Knott in? If I can get more info on the cult's operations, I might be able to come up with something more concrete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back