• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy An Evil Education at the Tudor Lestrange Institute - Roleplayer's Lair (Expired)

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
What's the school look like from the outside?
It's a four-story, castle-like building, which looks triangular from the front and is made of gray stone. In the back of the building is a humongous garden. The whole thing is in a large clearing in the woods.

I just had another idea for a character. I think I may want someone else writing this character, though I'll write her if nobody else wants to. I hope this isn't weird.
Basically, a hybrid of human and some sort of bird of prey in the same vein as Vex and Malice. She'll basically be born of Dr Von Brandt's technology, but not an actual descendant of his like Vex and Malice are and will have been raised by a different member of Dr. Von Brandt's team. Nobody will have told her or Vex this yet, but she's basically betrothed to him.
I was just thinking about Dr. Von Brandt's bird person project and kind of realized that it would make sense for there to be others like Vex and Malice and that if Dr. Von Brandt really wanted to create a new species then he should make more than two and make some that aren't siblings.
And if anyone wants to volunteer for this role or has other ideas for genetically modified bird people, then feel free to ask about it.

I just had another idea for a character. I think I may want someone else writing this character, though I'll write her if nobody else wants to. I hope this isn't weird.
Basically, a hybrid of human and some sort of bird of prey in the same vein as Vex and Malice. She'll basically be born of Dr Von Brandt's technology, but not an actual descendant of his like Vex and Malice are and will have been raised by a different member of Dr. Von Brandt's team. Nobody will have told her or Vex this yet, but she's basically betrothed to him.
I was just thinking about Dr. Von Brandt's bird person project and kind of realized that it would make sense for there to be others like Vex and Malice and that if Dr. Von Brandt really wanted to create a new species then he should make more than two and make some that aren't siblings.
And if anyone wants to volunteer for this role or has other ideas for genetically modified bird people, then feel free to ask about it.

Ohh ohhh ohhh.... Pick me! Pick me!!!! :D
I would be interested in this role!!!
Love birb characters!

Some bullet points about the GMO bird people
  • They are pert of a privately funded project, but the project is affiliated with a pharmaceutical company called Archer Solutions.
  • This is the first generation of bird-human GMOs. This means that their parents are human, not counting the various birds that they're spliced with.
  • None are older than 16 at this time in the rp.
  • They have 48 chromosomes, and theoretically cannot produce fertile offspring with humans.
  • Each one is modeled after a specific species of raptor-type bird, but are designed to be genetically compatible with each other.
  • None of them have magical powers. They might be able to use ritualistic magic, but are forbidden from it.
  • Some of them are raised in a compound specifically for the project, others are raised outside the lab by involved scientists. They all visit each other when not in school. There are also human siblings for some of them.
  • They have all the limbs a human has, plus wings large enough to fly with. Their fingers and toes are like a human's, but with claws.

Last edited:
Do we get to pick out roommates? Because Madison/Stephanie seem less likely to kill my character. Then again, the conflict would be an interesting challenge...I think I might random it...if that's okay? (No idea if I can make a 5 sided die, but we'll see.)
  1. Stephanie
  2. Mamimi
  3. Alice
  4. Madison
  5. Khestral
So Madison. If that's okay with you Sunfall27 Sunfall27 ?

Do we get to pick out roommates? Because Madison/Stephanie seem less likely to kill my character. Then again, the conflict would be an interesting challenge...I think I might random it...if that's okay? (No idea if I can make a 5 sided die, but we'll see.)
  1. Stephanie
  2. Mamimi
  3. Alice
  4. Madison
  5. Khestral
You can decide your preferences however you want as long as the other person agrees your character and theirs should room together.

Of course, I wouldn't want to take Sunfall27 Sunfall27 's choice from them.

...Is my cs okay?
Mostly, but as for Classification I feel that something from the list might better suit her. Consumer, probably, and possibly others though I think what others would be better decided by you. The lore page has some helpful information, if you need it.

I'd thought consumer was just for flesh. It didn't occur to me blood would be included. Sorry for being stupid, that should have been pretty obvious.

I was thinking since she's clueless at the moment, she'd gain another classification. I was thinking of her being a mix of black magician and a trickster though, so I can put them down as well.

Last edited:
I'd thought consumer was just for flesh. It didn't occur to me blood would be included. Sorry for being stupid, that should have been pretty obvious.
It's ok, it's not stupid.
Anyway, I think I have some ideas for ways some of my characters might connect with Danielle.
Rathbone, for instance, would envy her, and might even make a pest of thonself to try and get turned.
Finbar would appreciate the company of a fellow equestrian, and depending on Dani's taste in blood, I have an idea for the future in the rp. Basically, a stray horse wanders onto the campus and Finbar attempts to keep the horse's presence a secret while caring for it. Danielle could also be involved.
I could also see Stepanie and/or Francis proselytizing her into rebellion and escape attempts.

Yes. It'd be interesting with Rathbone and Dani. She wouldn't know how to turn anyone, since she only remembers being bitten then nothing until she woke up somewhere else.

Dani would love to take care of a horse! We should definitely include that plot. It would be something positive for her.

And Dani wouldn't say no to an escape attempt. Are they immediately anchored or do they have to have gotten caught doing something first?

Yes. It'd be interesting with Rathbone and Dani. She wouldn't know how to turn anyone, since she only remembers being bitten then nothing until she woke up somewhere else.

Dani would love to take care of a horse! We should definitely include that plot. It would be something positive for her.

And Dani wouldn't say no to an escape attempt. Are they immediately anchored or do they have to have gotten caught doing something first?
Excellent!
As for the anchoring, it's only immediate in certain circumstances, say a parent or guardian requests it. Otherwise, they have to get caught escaping in order for it to be done.

What is your posting schedule? I don't mind waiting for Sunfall27 Sunfall27 , I just wanted to know if I should wait for everyone to post before posting again.

And, the real reason I gave in to my impatience, yes, I managed to post without using Dani's name, Sadies Sadies . I'm not sure where to fix it, since I wanted to show that she doesn't feel like a person, since she hasn't been treated as one for...a while.

Virginia's where she's from. I'm just assuming the climate is relatively similar to Ohio, so she can't just tell if she's in a different state.

What is your posting schedule? I don't mind waiting for Sunfall27 Sunfall27 , I just wanted to know if I should wait for everyone to post before posting again.

And, the real reason I gave in to my impatience, yes, I managed to post without using Dani's name, Sadies Sadies . I'm not sure where to fix it, since I wanted to show that she doesn't feel like a person, since she hasn't been treated as one for...a while.

Virginia's where she's from. I'm just assuming the climate is relatively similar to Ohio, so she can't just tell if she's in a different state.
There's no posting order, since I feel that it restricts the natural flow of the roleplay.
As for the climate, it's probably similar? It should be in the fall, anyway.

Gonna try this again, if anyone's interested here's the link to the interest check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back